Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390364 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9450 on: November 03, 2016, 03:54:19 pm »

Trump has gained a bit in the polls in recent weeks but he's still doing a lot worse than Romney was last time (reminder: Romney lost).

In more important news:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313881651/grand-old-academy-a-satirical-dating-sim

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #9451 on: November 03, 2016, 04:03:00 pm »

Oh Armok, it hurts just to read that.

As far as my tax returns, you do not learn that much from tax returns. That I can tell you. You learn a lot from financial disclosure. And you should go down and take a look at that.
Translated: Tax returns don't tell you much. Financial disclosures are much more important - and I have disclosed my finances.

The other thing - I am incredibly underleveraged. They report that 650 - which, by the way, a lot of friends of mine said, Boy, that's really not a lot of money. That's not a lot of money relative to what I had.
Translation (?): He has 650 units of underleveragedness. His friends told him, "that's not a lot of money." And relative to what he had, it really wasn't that much. Oh, never mind, you can't clean up this heap of shit.

The big buildings that were in question they said in the same report, which actually wasn't even a bad story, to be honest with you - but the buildings are worth 3.9 billion dollars. And the six hundred fifty is not even on that.
Translation: In the report (which wasn't even bad, to be honest), they said that the buildings were worth $3.9 billion. And the 650 is... not even on that?

But it is not even 650. It is much less than that.
Translation: I GIVE UP

But I could give you a list of banks. If that would help you, I would give you a list of the banks. These are very fine institutions, very fine banks. I could do that very quickly. I am very underleveraged. I have a great company. I have a tremendous income.
Translation: You don't need to know, it doesn't really matter, *mumble mumble very fine banks*. Also, did I mention that I am great?

And the reason I say it is not a braggadocious way.
Translation: I want to say meaningless, pompous shit and have everybody think I'm smart. But I don't actually know how to do that, so I just add random suffixes to words and call it a day.

It's because it is about time that this country had somebody running it that has an idea about money.
Translation: Everybody else is stupid, and I'm smart because I'm a businessman.

On a word-to-word basis, it has a meaning. Not the meaning he intended, but it does. On a paragraph-level basis, this would make even a elementary school teacher pull out their hair.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:05:15 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: November 03, 2016, 04:12:16 pm »

Trump has gained a bit in the polls in recent weeks but he's still doing a lot worse than Romney was last time (reminder: Romney lost).

In more important news:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313881651/grand-old-academy-a-satirical-dating-sim

Christ is there nothing people won't turn into an animu novel?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: November 03, 2016, 04:15:28 pm »

Well, tentacles are so passé...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: November 03, 2016, 04:57:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jeb does love his turtles...

Ok, so who here is going to bite that bullet and play the demo?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: November 03, 2016, 05:06:36 pm »

There is some horrible part of my soul that genuinely wants to play this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: November 03, 2016, 05:21:11 pm »

In the trailer, there's text from the Zodiac Killer in the background during Ted's bit. I think that answers your question as to whether or not to play this.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:37:54 pm by Leafsnail »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: November 03, 2016, 05:40:43 pm »

Your sacrifice will not go unnoticed.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: November 03, 2016, 07:33:38 pm »

In more important news:
You know, if someone really did want to go about and destroy the world, what might he actually do to try and achieve this?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: November 03, 2016, 07:40:41 pm »

In more important news:
Nate Silver disagrees. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-why-clintons-position-is-worse-than-obamas
Clinton is not anywhere close to having it in the bag. The FBI coup shenanigans may well have turned the election.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: November 03, 2016, 08:33:15 pm »

Pffffft, like a little thing like the FBI could get in the way of Her Majesty's Coronation. Clinton had it in the bag eight years ago.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: November 03, 2016, 08:39:38 pm »

I feel like you're trying to say something...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: November 03, 2016, 08:40:45 pm »

Pffffft, like a little thing like the FBI could get in the way of Her Majesty's Coronation. Clinton had it in the bag eight years ago.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: November 03, 2016, 08:49:55 pm »

Of course she had it in the bag 8 years ago, RedKing. The only problem was that she needed a specific Great Adversary to perfect her takeover and destruction of our civilization, and Trump's programming wasn't complete enough back then. So she passed the presidency off to our man Barack Hussein Obama to keep warm for her in 8 years when the final preparations would be complete. Now are the End Times.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1249