Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394343 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8940 on: October 28, 2016, 04:49:50 pm »

Nah, you want Trump Roaming Unamerican Murder People.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: October 28, 2016, 05:16:29 pm »

#JustYellowJournalismThings
For what it's worth, it's looking more like the problem is the fuckwits comey sent the letter to, maybe the folks in the RNC et al they passed word to. Could probably argue that if there's anything that's the fault of the news it's trusting a republican politician during this election cycle to not be a lying piece of shit. Apparently the closer we get to election day the less that becomes an even remotely reasonable assumption.

E: Though it does look like the number of emails I noted above may have been in error. Still stuff that was handed over by clinton, but possibly not exactly three.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:19:08 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8942 on: October 28, 2016, 05:33:04 pm »

I already seen the Ontario government shut down a VERY successful criminal rehabilitation program that actually saves money by existing... because no one really knows it exists... and simply said it costs too much money.

Wait, hwat? It saved money by existing, so it was shut down for costing too much money?

Are you going to look it up? No? Well then their claim is as good as true.
??? You have provided no specific reference or name. How am I supposed to look it up? And if their claim is "getting money costs too much," it is objectively false.
A lot of what politicians do is doing stuff that LOOKS correct but requires the least amount of work.
Laziness I can understand though.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: October 28, 2016, 05:37:37 pm »

Oh, fun. Can't be arsed to link to Twitter but apparently updated information said there's been three emails of note found on the device in question... none of which had been withheld by clinton during the actual investigation. Entertainment news, ladies and gents.

Pfft. Seems like everybody fell for the vagueness and now it's like 'Why did you make such a big deal out of it?'

Won't stop the Republicans from making blood soaked red meat out of it though.

I have blossomed into democracy and voted early. No Trump University Death Squads in sight.
Needs to be something like Trump University Roving Death Squads for full acronymic fun, methinks.

ETA: In his famous talking-about-self-as-third-party style (an indication, in my mind that he smokes his own brand too much) Trump suggests no need to hold election., in one of his obvious ad-lib off-script 'jests' to supporters. (Seems to please his own crowds, but imagine him wandering off and saying something of such import at a G20 negotiation..? I can only imagine he can behave himself, hence his various rebuilt business empires, but one wonders if this is part of the reason he's had to rebuild them..)

He knows how to control himself in a business setting (unless theres a woman in range), but there's no evidence he knows how to behave in a diplomatic type setting. Although the fact that Mexican President Nieto didn't have steam coming out of his ears and bulging veins when he and Trump came out for that press thing is probably a little bit of a good sign. Then again, Nieto probably has the discipline to keep his cool.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: October 28, 2016, 05:47:49 pm »

I already seen the Ontario government shut down a VERY successful criminal rehabilitation program that actually saves money by existing... because no one really knows it exists... and simply said it costs too much money.

Wait, hwat? It saved money by existing, so it was shut down for costing too much money?

Are you going to look it up? No? Well then their claim is as good as true.
??? You have provided no specific reference or name. How am I supposed to look it up? And if their claim is "getting money costs too much," it is objectively false.
A lot of what politicians do is doing stuff that LOOKS correct but requires the least amount of work.
Laziness I can understand though.

No no no you misunderstand me :P

It isn't "YOU" as in specifically yourself... I mean you as in "You the people"

Collective stupidity.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: October 28, 2016, 06:50:35 pm »

Wow, I'm curious how you go about doing this sort of thing and keep your career.

Know a clear sign that you might have screwed up: the white house finds out about something like this through the news.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/hillary-clinton-fbi-white-house-no-advance-notice-230471

Always awkward when you have to explain what's going on, lord knows the Clinton camp is interested: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/hillary-clinton-fbi-press-conference-230480

So now we have two realities co-existing, the republican version: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/hillary-clinton-fbi-gop-senate-hopes-230475

...and the less scandalous version, where people involved with the justice department are turning slowly to glare at Comey: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/ex-doj-spokesman-blast-james-comey-230459

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: October 28, 2016, 07:03:47 pm »

What did you expect? Comey's a Republican. They can't be trusted to tie their shoes without lying about it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: October 28, 2016, 07:10:44 pm »

What did you expect? Comey's a Republican. They can't be trusted to tie their shoes without lying about it.

Not all Republicans are THAT dishonest, but yeah, that's their reputation :P The politicians at least.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/hillary-clinton-fbi-james-comey-disclosure-prosecutors-230467 Miller isn't the only former or current DOJ/FBI official to give him a glare, or a 'The heck are you doing?' face.

Also, Comey at one point worked on the Whitewater scandal (don't know how involved he was though), seems like some conflict of interest there.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:18:43 pm by smjjames »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: October 28, 2016, 08:47:10 pm »

The Democrat politicians are equally dishonest, you know. The Republicans just tend to be more openly crazy. Both are still two sides of the same bloated and dying eagle.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: October 28, 2016, 08:53:06 pm »

The Democrat politicians are equally dishonest, you know. The Republicans just tend to be more openly crazy. Both are still two sides of the same bloated and dying eagle.
Both sides!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: October 28, 2016, 08:55:58 pm »

No. No, they're not. There is nothing equal about it. Not even anything goddamn partisan about it, the republicans have been lying more and more blatantly for a while now. Particularly during this particular election, but it's been a increasing trend over the last handful of years.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: October 28, 2016, 09:15:35 pm »

Both are still two sides of the same bloated and dying eagle.
Both are still two sides of the same bloated and dying eagle, its diseased and rotting wings casting rank shadow over our already tenebrous freedoms, the flea-ridden pinion feathers of venomous partisans fighting to rip themselves free at the root and fall upon the benighted masses underneath as the cruel bird's war-beak drips the ill-spilt blood of true patriots. Both are still two sides of the same bloated and dying eagle, its once-mighty cry now a rattling shriek that flings the choleric spittle of unending political campaigns into the upturned faces below, the cancerous tumors of super-PAC war chests that dot its flesh oozing a thick flow of moneyed "speech" from the constant biting and tearing of the ticks of Special Interests. Both are still two sides of the same bloated and dying eagle, fighting to tear itself in half and leave the majesty of our mountains stained with the purple viscera and wafting foetor of civil war. Both are still two sides of the same bloated and dying eagle.

(Inspiration struck; I apologize for nothing.)
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8952 on: October 28, 2016, 09:25:45 pm »

Bravo!~ *clap clap clap*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:27:43 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8953 on: October 28, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »

It's an obnoxious trend! My favorite!~

(you know that I will do it just to annoy people now)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: October 28, 2016, 09:33:31 pm »

Less salty maybe?
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1249