Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58696 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected
« Reply #345 on: July 29, 2016, 10:03:53 am »

Also, I forgot to mention that someone apparently sped my action up last night (it's briefly mentioned in the results of the night).
Can you explain a bit more. Do you mean that they sped up your action in the action order or where you targeted by Dustan's accelerate last night?

The flavortext isn't clear enough to tell.

@TDS: Do you think the speeding up of your action had to do with being sick?

Definitely not.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 29, 2016, 10:10:48 am »

ICE
So you're Jo'freezy again?
i don't know can you be more specific?
Are you, or are you not, the same role as you were in A Game of Clones?
~~~
Dustan was scum, if FoU killed him than thank you FoU. We town have no beef with you, by the way (that is, if you're a neutral).
You're welcome.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 29, 2016, 10:49:25 am »

ICE
I don't know what was the name of my character in Game of Clones?

Wait. Why in the name of the Emperor is Filipk trying to kill suspected Vig? Dustan was scum, if FoU killed him than thank you FoU. We town have no beef with you, by the way (that is, if you're a neutral
Because he was trying to kill ME not Dustan.  He got Dustan by happy accident and he didn't claim vig right after Dustan died.  Don't give FoU more credit then he deserves.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 29, 2016, 10:54:36 am »

We're just believing that a vigilante would hip-shoot on the first night? I'm really trying to buy into it, but I just can't help but think that Fallacy is deceiving us.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 29, 2016, 11:11:21 am »

BHK:  The point is that you only answered the question when you were called out on it.
I did answer the question, though. I just asked one of my own beforehand.

Everyone: Don't you think that the A,B,C,D logic train is a bit simplistic?  Because, you know, it's forgetting about E,F,G,H,I and J?  It's not like the only potential killer was you 4. 

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 29, 2016, 11:48:00 am »

BHK:  The point is that you only answered the question when you were called out on it.

Everyone: Don't you think that the A,B,C,D logic train is a bit simplistic?  Because, you know, it's forgetting about E,F,G,H,I and J?  It's not like the only potential killer was you 4.
Then will a potential killer please step forward?

Right now it looks like Fallacy tried to kill me and got redirected into Dustan.  I should mention there was no mafia kill unless mafia targeted the other mafia.  Also I'm 99% sure that FoU knows exactly what I'm talking about in regards to the ice powers and is playing coy with me.  I'm opening the question up to anyone.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 29, 2016, 12:18:32 pm »

Fallacy: Why did you decide to shoot anyone N1? N1 vig kills are bad, but N1 scum kills are common.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 29, 2016, 01:38:35 pm »

Fallacy: Why did you decide to shoot anyone N1? N1 vig kills are bad, but N1 scum kills are common.
Cause numbers.

I'm going to assume the town have a majority in this game.

The town can afford losses(for the moment), the scum can't.
~~~

ICE
Jotunn.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 29, 2016, 01:39:41 pm »

@Tiruin

If you had a vague idea what I was claiming, and if you town, don't you think that it'd be a best to give me the affirmative and thus prove yourself town in my eyes?
Teehee~ "prove yourself town in my eyes".

I have nothing to prove to you other than challenge your own bias, you have avoided and evaded my query on how your watching of me details me as scum :v (and especially on why you claimed it out anyway. "For information"? What does that entail in the context. That is what you're missing.)

Eeh, it's like being passively assertive, with reluctance in assertiveness! >_>
Quote from: This is my power since someone wasn't smart enough to keep tact, thus spoiling either, unless TMS is scum and he's being blatantly FOR THE INFORMATION!! :v
Your target's target is redirected to your target. Your target is redirected to your target's target's original target. If your target's target isn't targeting anyone, your target will be blocked. If your target isn't targeting anyone, your action will fail.
A - B - C
A = If action: Yes, affect C
B = If action: Yes, affect A; If non-targeting action: A is blocked (this also includes 'general actions' which are technically 'non-targeted'; if the target has a 2x or multi-target action, one is picked at random); If non-action: MY action fails.
C
Basically, Bus-Driver ish (see it in the Beginner's Mafia flash thing)

Then will a potential killer please step forward?
Strange. You're asking the killer to name themselves in lieu of lacking information. fillipk, would you like to know that there's a doctor in the house? :v

Nah, it's TMS being vague and passive aggressive. :I And softclaim-y. And mistaken.

PPE x2
*facepalm*

I'm an idiot.

FoU.
Yes you aren't. :v
Your play this game feels like it though.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 29, 2016, 01:47:57 pm »

PFP.

I was making a point on how we don't have information on other killers and unless they step forward our suspect is FoU.  You are right however I could have asked if there's a Doctor in the house and who they targeted.  However you claim to know there's a Doctor, how do you know this?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2016, 01:53:01 pm »

Everyone, if your wincon is the same as mine, we should focus on scum instead of third parties.
Just noticed this.  Why'd you make this statement?  Who were you making this statement too?  Why did you force Tiriun to roleclaim?  Was that your goal?  Why force someone else to roleclaim, but not roleclaim yourself?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2016, 01:59:18 pm »

ICE
Jotunn.

Err...what relevance has another game have, with this game?
And why are y'all inferring these 'same roles' in other games being the roles present in this game? :v

Cause numbers.

I'm going to assume the town have a majority in this game.

The town can afford losses(for the moment), the scum can't.
Ooo, you've got a lethal ability o_o Yay! I random shot my thingy well! (Who did you target? :v)

Also wow, people are already out with their abilities -_- That aside, why're you claiming your ability to shoot people on day 2?

TDS: Thoughts on FoU before his explanation?

We're just believing that a vigilante would hip-shoot on the first night? I'm really trying to buy into it, but I just can't help but think that Fallacy is deceiving us.
It is actually possible :P Vigilantes do that in many games due to whittling down the # of probably suspects.
That said, FallacyOfUrist was my target, since information has been tactlessly disclosed, it would benefit the generality if the FoU mentioned his target.

Hector, what's your read on Tiruin?
Why the specific Hector?
What about the specific everyone-else-who-hasn't-spoken-as-much-and-isn't-Irish-for-bonus-points? :P

PPEx2
...TMS: Why're you voting FoU?
You lied about knowing nothing about the redirect. Which you just claimed.
-____-
{Citation needed, buddy}. If you're correlating me not knowing about the purple whatever, that's me being honest. Now if I said I've no idea that I redirected something, that's me lying.
Point is this, which many people do need to learn in order to prevent misunderstandings: Just because two things may be, or are linked, does not mean that one causes the others or vice versa.
So when I said I'm not aware of the purple whatever, mayhap that means I did not receive specific details of how I did my stuff but I did receive details that I did my stuff in general, Mr. Watcher sir.
I don't see how I'm being vague. I'm partclaiming and telling you that Tiruin redirect FoU with her action thing last night.

I don't even see how that being simplistic even relates to me. I am not A,B,C, or D.
I like being the third-person point of view here. :P Grammar fun \o/
But yeah. You are being vague in that you aren't being forthcoming with details that I asked with regards to it. You're pretty much claiming YOUR POWER STRAIGHT OUT on behalf of telling everyone that I redirected FoU. You haven't been direct at all with what that entails and how it connects with your vote and pseudo-assertiveness at me in the past few posts. :I
And yes, you're none of those letters. My words went away with how fillipk described it. Oops.
But my words back there were to the motive rather than the occurrence. Double oops for me thinking otherwise.
Since this might be a bit confusing I'll try to explain it better.
A is me
B is FoU
C is TMS
D is Dustan

B targeted A who targeted D
C targeted B which made them target D and A target B
Now A is targeting B who is targeting D

C doesn't exist in the equation, in short.

PPE. Nighty night o_o

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 29, 2016, 04:15:50 pm »

fillipk

goddamn do you need to format your posts :P

Spoiler: spoiler 'cause christ (click to show/hide)

More in a bit, don't want to lose all the work I put into reformatting that...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 29, 2016, 04:50:44 pm »

griffinpup

Hector:  Did you get role-blocked yesterday?

Not that I'm aware of.

BHK

BHK

BHK:  What flavor hints have you picked up so far?
Why ask this and me and particular, griffinpup?
Why avoid a reasonable question?
I'm not, I haven't picked up any flavor hints in the game's course, but I'm wondering why they'd ask.
How is not actually answering the question by asking a question to the person who asked the question not evading the question?

Hector, what's your read on Tiruin?

You did, but it took someone saying "why didn't you answer the question?" for you to answer it. It wasn't exactly an answer that required ignoring the question entirely in the first place. Eyes on you.

She's null-leaning-town.

fillipk

Because he was trying to kill ME not Dustan.  He got Dustan by happy accident and he didn't claim vig right after Dustan died.  Don't give FoU more credit then he deserves.

Right now it looks like Fallacy tried to kill me and got redirected into Dustan.  I should mention there was no mafia kill unless mafia targeted the other mafia.  Also I'm 99% sure that FoU knows exactly what I'm talking about in regards to the ice powers and is playing coy with me.  I'm opening the question up to anyone.

Perhaps you would like to reconcile these two statements?

If the second one is true, FoU is not scum. Why are you voting non-scum?

Now, if we look back to TBF's role flip, his wincon states that town win when all mafia-aligned players are dead. This suggests to me there are no SKs kicking about, meaning FoU is going to be either town or scum, or scum-ally.

I'm also curious why you think FoU is the one being coy, when you're the one who has been playing dumb and asking him wtf he's talking about re: Jotunn. It looks like you're trying to invent stuff to use against FoU now, instead of using what you have available.

PFP.

I was making a point on how we don't have information on other killers and unless they step forward our suspect is FoU.  You are right however I could have asked if there's a Doctor in the house and who they targeted.  However you claim to know there's a Doctor, how do you know this?

Straws and camels, fillipk.

Tiruin

Quote from: This is my power since someone wasn't smart enough to keep tact, thus spoiling either, unless TMS is scum and he's being blatantly FOR THE INFORMATION!! :v
Your target's target is redirected to your target. Your target is redirected to your target's target's original target. If your target's target isn't targeting anyone, your target will be blocked. If your target isn't targeting anyone, your action will fail.
A - B - C
A = If action: Yes, affect C
B = If action: Yes, affect A; If non-targeting action: A is blocked (this also includes 'general actions' which are technically 'non-targeted'; if the target has a 2x or multi-target action, one is picked at random); If non-action: MY action fails.
C
Basically, Bus-Driver ish (see it in the Beginner's Mafia flash thing)

Who did you target, seeing as you're being quite forthcoming?

Or, I guess, your second target:

Ooo, you've got a lethal ability o_o Yay! I random shot my thingy well! (Who did you target? :v)

I am making inferences, but I'd rather see you say specifically who you targeted, since it does have... implications.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 29, 2016, 06:08:57 pm »

You do realize if you had missed (assuming a general 7/1/2 town/neutral/scum start) it would've been 4/1/2? As opposed to 5/1/2? So if you had missed (which you kinda did, you chose the wrong target, tiruin just (possibly accidently) redirected you to kill scum. If you had missed, we would've had to get scum today or at least not hit town.
... Like, dude, this is an eleven player game.

FallacyOfUrist was my target, since information has been tactlessly disclosed, it would benefit the generality if the FoU mentioned his target.
Fillipk.

That aside, why're you claiming your ability to shoot people on day 2?
I don't shoot people, I blow them up! With music!
Why did I claim? I figured it would help to clean up the conceptions that were being shown of what happened. I imagine that's the same reason you claimed.
~~~
Tiruin: Your ability is convoluted. I still can't quite wrap your ability around my head. Maybe... use a flowchart? Please?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31