Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58663 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected
« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2016, 08:35:02 am »

My goodness, a lot of people want to know what happened to me last night.
purple magic?
YOU!

That's not an investigative claim, that's a target changer claim.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2016, 08:46:40 am »

... The Moonlit Shadow, methinks you lie. Last night, I was told my target was changed. With PURPLE MAGIC in the flavor.

Explain that, HMMMM???
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 28, 2016, 09:01:51 am »

Why do you think I asked Tiriun?
Why don't you say why you asked Tiruin?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 28, 2016, 09:10:24 am »

... The Moonlit Shadow, methinks you lie. Last night, I was told my target was changed. With PURPLE MAGIC in the flavor.
Err, I've no idea about that o_O
@Tiruin: Do you believe in magic? Say... purple magic?

Or perhaps a machine... like radar locks and... more advanced targeting system.
Err, you know you're softclaiming between the two of us (as in you're watching me or whatever :P)
So yeah. The latter part is me. The former is I don't know what. O_o

Sup with targeting me bro o_o
Did you place my sticker on your mind? :3

...Let me check my PMs >_<
> Nope! No detail on my own actions! Just detail on what happened o_o

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 28, 2016, 10:28:38 am »

Interesting :v vague push, telling me I lie, and yet not having information towards what I've gotten myself -_-
Why lie?
How do you reach that conclusion? Details. I'm not fazed by votes out of the blue especially when they're as blunt as brevity (especially when it means 'oh my, someone must've seen me do stuff! Oh dear, panic time!' in a few moves, with rapid accusation).

Also, no to sarcasm. Not going to help you scumhunt me. :P Talk to me civilly. The best way to face a rational opponent is through communication.

First query to you--why softclaim?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 28, 2016, 11:42:59 am »

Also quickpost before I sleep.

I've considered the implications running behind such behavior and see you as leaning towards town activity; a point against that is the somewhat stereotypical behavior I'm seeing in how people see scummyness--countered by the time being the early days, and/or it may be your personality to go on quickshooting statements. :v

If you'd prefer, I'll ask Deus Asmoth about the flavor OF my action to satisfy that curiosity.
I however would like the following in return:
> Your impression of what you did last night.
> Your idea of how to communicate it (ie Describe what made you think of how you got around to approaching me)
> Why you think sarcasm helps :v
> Why engage in a softclaim that has context only me and probably you, know. If you're going to do that, personally, it's better to go full out, because (and this is one of the reasons detailed in the first statement), you're pretty much claiming your potential ability by doing that claim, on day two.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 28, 2016, 01:30:01 pm »

fillipk

If you don't think that TBF is suspicious, who would you go after then, Fillipk?
Because I would be bandwagoning.  When someone else doesn't call outdone thing I find suspicious then I'll vote but until then it's bandwagoning.  Especially on the first day.

Now this is interesting to me. Like hector said,  it's like you were expecting a different question. I'd like to see your answer  to Dustan's question
Exactly the question I read was "If you think TBF is suspicious why didn't you vote them". I'll answer the actually question in a bit I just didn't want to forget about it.

Why was it so hard to answer the question just there? You went out of your way to post it, how hard to you need to think up an answer for something that should be quite simple?

Mod: Are there any third parties?
Now, that would be telling.

Third parties confirmed, my role is now worthless.
So this makes me curious, since nothing in his role talks about third parties but its probably just some misdirection.

He's scum. What else do you think he was doing?

Hector: I think you are reading into it too much. he asked if we believed the entire player list all had power roles initially. I already told him that it was false (due to my role) and thus answered his question for everyone.

Also with this being confirmed false that makes 6 (probably seven) people out of ten with power roles, since there are 8 of us left, I have already claimed, at least two of us have powers because they targeted me, there is at least one more mafia left, probably an evil third party too (maybe they killed the mafia), and the two dead people that leaves a potential 3 people without powers.

There are 9 of us left. You also seem to be discounting that the mafia and/or mafia-ally/malignant third-party targeted you, meaning you're jumping to conclusions. There could be more PRs, there could be less. Either way, there is not enough information in the game to come to solid conclusion just yet.

How is knowing how many PRs are in the game useful?

Why do you think it's useful to speculate on that rather than put pressure on folk?

Is there anyone except Dustan who isn't a power role?

I'm Spartacus sans power role.
So Hector do you want too stick by this statement?

Yup.

All these quotes feel very active lurky to me.

Moonlit
Interesting :v vague push, telling me I lie, and yet not having information towards what I've gotten myself -_-
Why lie?
How do you reach that conclusion? Details. I'm not fazed by votes out of the blue especially when they're as blunt as brevity (especially when it means 'oh my, someone must've seen me do stuff! Oh dear, panic time!' in a few moves, with rapid accusation).

Also, no to sarcasm. Not going to help you scumhunt me. :P Talk to me civilly. The best way to face a rational opponent is through communication.

First query to you--why softclaim?

I think I should be the one saying this: especially when it means 'oh my, someone must've seen me do stuff! Oh dear, panic time!

Softclaim cuz i have info what else to do?

No to questions. Not hardclaiming

What reason do you have for not answering the questions? I mean, you're volunteering indirect information about your role already, so you're narrowing it down regardless.

BHK

BHK:  What flavor hints have you picked up so far?
Why ask this and me and particular, griffinpup?
Why avoid a reasonable question?
I'm not, I haven't picked up any flavor hints in the game's course, but I'm wondering why they'd ask.
How is not actually answering the question by asking a question to the person who asked the question not evading the question?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 28, 2016, 07:28:56 pm »

How exactly do you know FoU targeted fillipk? And are you saying that fillipk lied about jailing Dustan, and jailed FoU instead?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 28, 2016, 08:45:38 pm »

Oh right, i must explain Tiruin's ability its rather complicated, so - tomorrow when i get to a computer.

Ok?

I got some flavortext relating to FoU. He was described as confused and wandering around in an alley.

Also, I forgot to mention that someone apparently sped my action up last night (it's briefly mentioned in the results of the night).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 28, 2016, 08:46:39 pm »

EBWOP: Also, it would be nice if someone with a healing ability could target me tonight. I am apparently sick. I don't know the effect, but it could be a delayed kill.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 28, 2016, 09:04:47 pm »

Unvote
3. It has context with FoU and Filipk. FoU targeted Filipk, I know that, and Filipk says he targeted Dustan. So what happened was that FoU targeted Dustan, but he was roleblocked by Filipk.

Hilarious however at the same time I claimed to have been roleblocked so I can't have roleblocked FoU.  Thank you for revealing as the redirector though.

Explain that, HMMMM???
Same, Probably TMS's ability, which from what he's saying redirects the target to the person that their target is targeting which means you FoU, have a killing role and tried to kill me.  Unless someone else wants to claim to have targeted Dustan with a killing role.

Since this might be a bit confusing I'll try to explain it better.
A is me
B is FoU
C is TMS
D is Dustan

B targeted A who targeted D
C targeted B which made them target D and A target B
Now A is targeting B who is targeting D

D ended up dead so that means B has a killing power and was going to use it on me or someone else targeted Dustan
fillipk

If you don't think that TBF is suspicious, who would you go after then, Fillipk?
Because I would be bandwagoning.  When someone else doesn't call outdone thing I find suspicious then I'll vote but until then it's bandwagoning.  Especially on the first day.

Now this is interesting to me. Like hector said,  it's like you were expecting a different question. I'd like to see your answer  to Dustan's question
Exactly the question I read was "If you think TBF is suspicious why didn't you vote them". I'll answer the actually question in a bit I just didn't want to forget about it.

Why was it so hard to answer the question just there? You went out of your way to post it, how hard to you need to think up an answer for something that should be quite simple?
My target was Dustan and since he was dead I had to pick someone else.  I answered the question in a post along with other quotes from me reviewing day 1 so I could figure out who I trusted the least that was still alive.

Mod: Are there any third parties?
Now, that would be telling.

Third parties confirmed, my role is now worthless.
So this makes me curious, since nothing in his role talks about third parties but its probably just some misdirection.

He's scum. What else do you think he was doing?
I still think its impotent to bring this up so everyone can see the contradiction and react to it, but yeah just some mafia misdirection

Hector: I think you are reading into it too much. he asked if we believed the entire player list all had power roles initially. I already told him that it was false (due to my role) and thus answered his question for everyone.

Also with this being confirmed false that makes 6 (probably seven) people out of ten with power roles, since there are 8 of us left, I have already claimed, at least two of us have powers because they targeted me, there is at least one more mafia left, probably an evil third party too (maybe they killed the mafia), and the two dead people that leaves a potential 3 people without powers.

There are 9 of us left. You also seem to be discounting that the mafia and/or mafia-ally/malignant third-party targeted you, meaning you're jumping to conclusions. There could be more PRs, there could be less. Either way, there is not enough information in the game to come to solid conclusion just yet.

How is knowing how many PRs are in the game useful?

Why do you think it's useful to speculate on that rather than put pressure on folk?
Question 1: It was an intro into me putting pressure on you about your claim on not having a power and being the only one to claim that at the moment
Question 2: Speculation into pressure so people could see my thought process and point out where it might be flawed, thank you for doing that.

Is there anyone except Dustan who isn't a power role?

I'm Spartacus sans power role.
So Hector do you want too stick by this statement?

Yup.

All these quotes feel very active lurky to me.

Okay, I still think you are lying or at least telling a half truth, would you mind sharing some role flavor or something like that to convince me that you aren't trying to hide a detrimental power from the town.

How so?

Also, I forgot to mention that someone apparently sped my action up last night (it's briefly mentioned in the results of the night).
Can you explain a bit more. Do you mean that they sped up your action in the action order or where you targeted by Dustan's accelerate last night?

ICE
So you're Jo'freezy again?
i don't know can you be more specific?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 28, 2016, 09:58:16 pm »

BHK:
I'm pretty sure other people explained why this is an inadequate response.
Hector:  Did you get role-blocked yesterday?
Juicebox:  Who do you think is scummy and who do you think is town?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 29, 2016, 12:55:09 am »

Oh right, i must explain Tiruin's ability its rather complicated, so - tomorrow when i get to a computer.
::)
Let me tell you that your move has cost a great deal more to us, and benefited scum a lot more because of giving out details that can narrow down YOUR ability, and then claiming out MY ability without any due reason as to whether this ability is actually an alignment-telling role.

Explain that, HMMMM???
Same, Probably TMS's ability, which from what he's saying redirects the target to the person that their target is targeting which means you FoU, have a killing role and tried to kill me.  Unless someone else wants to claim to have targeted Dustan with a killing role.

Since this might be a bit confusing I'll try to explain it better.
A is me
B is FoU
C is TMS
D is Dustan

B targeted A who targeted D
C targeted B which made them target D and A target B
Now A is targeting B who is targeting D

D ended up dead so that means B has a killing power and was going to use it on me or someone else targeted Dustan
...Ooook, I haven't read up thoroughly but I'm curious about how TMS acted so impulsively when it is connected to this.
What's going on? I'll be explaining my power myself (along with flavor background) if this leads to knowing killing roles against scum :v
Also, you were roleblocked, fillipk.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 29, 2016, 01:30:29 am »

BHK

Why avoid a reasonable question?
I'm not, I haven't picked up any flavor hints in the game's course, but I'm wondering why they'd ask.
How is not actually answering the question by asking a question to the person who asked the question not evading the question?
I did answer the question, though. I just asked one of my own beforehand.

Hector, what's your read on Tiruin?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 29, 2016, 02:34:31 am »

Also, you were roleblocked, fillipk.
Yes, yes I was.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31