Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58748 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 1, Make it Double.
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2016, 06:28:33 pm »

@griffinpup:It depends on what the person's doing with it.

What was I doing with it?
Not enough.
You didn't apply pressure, you didn't do anything at all, just TBF:obvscum for no good reason.
I'm not considering the PPE because it's an edit, but even so, not nearly enough pressure to go with the vote.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2016, 06:29:58 pm »

What was I doing with it?
Not enough.
You didn't apply pressure, you didn't do anything at all, just TBF:obvscum for no good reason.
I'm not considering the PPE because it's an edit, but even so, not nearly enough pressure to go with the vote.

What would you say constitutes "enough" pressure?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 25, 2016, 06:34:38 pm »

hector13:Explain why I shouldn't vote you for activelurking with flavor questions.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2016, 06:37:28 pm »

Eh? I... what? Flavour questions? You were the one asking flavour questions...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2016, 06:39:24 pm »

That's an example, dude.

Also it's in maroon.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2016, 06:42:12 pm »

Oh right.

I would like to point out to you I was putting pressure on you for asking flavour questions prior to the weekend. A lot.

Perhaps you'd like to explain how that wasn't "enough" pressure?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2016, 07:02:20 pm »

Votecount:
-TheDarkStar       [ 0]     
-hector13            [ 1]: TheBiggerFish
-Griffinpup           [ 0]
-BlackHeartKabal  [ 0]
-fillipk                [ 0]
-Dustan Hache     [ 1]: TheDarkStar
-Tiruin                [ 0]
-juicebox            [ 0]
-Teneb               [ 0]
-FallacyofUrist     [ 1]: hector13
-TheBiggerFish     [ 1]: FallacyofUrist

Day has been extended. It ends in ~21 hours. There is one extend remaining for the day.

Also:
Votes are done in red so that they stand out easily and are obvious when reading over the thread for the purpose of counting them. Aka, don't do this:
hector13:
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2016, 07:03:44 pm »

Don't do that for a NOT-vote, or don't do that for a VOTE?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2016, 07:08:23 pm »

Oh right.

I would like to point out to you I was putting pressure on you for asking flavour questions prior to the weekend. A lot.

Perhaps you'd care to explain how that's relevant to the question I was answering?
Sigtext

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2016, 07:11:01 pm »

Dustan
((If I could be voting you I would be right now.  Can anyone else not vote?))
4: I may draw the attention of scum, who are still in the dark as to my role and yet may suspect it to be more powerful than I am letting on, thus drawing off an attack or other hostile action that might otherwise be meant for a different townie. Chances are that won't happen, but one can dream.
You tell people parts of your role on the off chance that a purportedly useless role (which is only useless if the mafia claim a specific ability, and which they're now warned about thanks to you) will draw scum attention, but that only works by claiming a not useless role.  And better yet, you yourself agree that it likely won't work at all.  So what are you trying to accomplish?
TBF
Don't do that for a NOT-vote, or don't do that for a VOTE?
((You used the wrong color))

So why is what Hector is doing with it scummy?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2016, 07:17:29 pm »

Oh right.

Perhaps you'd care to explain how that's relevant to the question I was answering?

Answering a question with a question. Classy. Also classic. Avoision technique!

You were asked why tossing a vote out at the start of a game was scummy and you replied with a really crap "well it depends..." so I asked what it depended on then you said I didn't do enough with my vote so I asked what "enough" meant and you said pretty much exactly what I did and you're now avoiding answering the question because it'll make you look like an idiot. Run on that, bitches.

But it's too late! Only idiots answer questions with questions. /ignore this sentence

PPE: or what griffin said. Brevity is a watch word guys.

Also griffin, wtf with the IC relevant comments in OOC parentheses?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2016, 07:20:05 pm »

It's not necessarily what he's doing with it now, it's what he did when he placed the thing.  Which I explained, with a counterexample.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2016, 07:22:18 pm »

griffinpup:You can't vote?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2016, 07:24:27 pm »

So we're all expected to have a concrete one-hundred percent air-right unbreakable case in for our first votes? A vote is only s'posed to be used to lynch people, never to put pressure on someone?

Because by eliminating the bloody context like you just did, everything is scummy, bro.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2016, 07:26:27 pm »

No.  You're not supposed to go 'obvscum!' and just DROP the thing on people without even a half-decent question.

Stop with the argumentum ad absurdum.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31