Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87856 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #375 on: July 12, 2016, 08:30:59 am »

I point to the teleport mages in FEF4 as evidence for suicidalness
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 12, 2016, 08:44:26 am »

They had decent hits and also decent avoids. Plus plot maybe or something.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 12, 2016, 08:52:08 am »

We have specifically instructed NPCs plenty in FEF1, particularly in the later chapters. I figure Jann's order earlier should be enough to get people to start moving east.

I've been counting on that, too. Perhaps you should add it as a bolded action, to make it clearer that it's an actual move and not just RP. (Not saying you did something wrong, just trying to make sure. If the villagers start running around willy-nilly, we're gonna have a bad time.)

Assuming that instructions work, Cecil could even drop Vincent off by the house at (23,3), getting the visit over with ASAP. I'm starting to like the "No Villager Left Behind" concept. What do the people who would be going north think? It would involve something like this: Cecil to (19,4), rescue Vincent. Alissa to (19,5), perform Cecil. Cecil to (23,4), drop Vincent on (23,3), tell him to visit the house. Jann to (20,5), brace himself.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:04:34 am by Mopsy »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2016, 08:54:40 am »

I'm a fan of letting npcs do as they like, after all, if the stupid ones go and die, that just means the next generation will be all the smarter. If we help them too much that just means the stupid ones get to breed and pollute the gene pool, which just starts an endless cycle of us helping and them being dumb, culminating in terrible things like the Captain.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2016, 08:57:59 am »

We have specifically instructed NPCs plenty in FEF1, particularly in the later chapters. I figure Jann's order earlier should be enough to get people to start moving east.
I've been counting on that, too. Perhaps you should add it as a bolded action, to make it clearer that it's an actual move and not just RP. (Not saying you did something wrong, just trying to make sure. If the villagers start running around willy-nilly, we're gonna have a bad time.)

Yeah ok .>.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2016, 09:05:59 am »

What do the people who would be going north (e.g. Cecil to (19,4), rescue Vincent. Alissa to (19,5), perform Cecil. Cecil to (23,4), drop Vincent on (23,3). Jann to (20,5), brace himself.) think?

I'm not a fan of putting our fairly helpless dancer in range of three enemies.

Edit: Of course, I'm not one of the people who would be part of this plan. But I can't help but think that one npc isn't worth probable death for two pcs.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:08:50 am by Criptfeind »

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2016, 09:10:12 am »

What do the people who would be going north (e.g. Cecil to (19,4), rescue Vincent. Alissa to (19,5), perform Cecil. Cecil to (23,4), drop Vincent on (23,3). Jann to (20,5), brace himself.) think?

I'm not a fan of putting our fairly helpless dancer in range of three enemies.

War is no picnic. She can always be vulned, Cecil will be back to help next turn. It does involve significant additional risk, of course. That's why I wanted to know what the people who would be doing it thought about it. Actions for the "Salvage and Pull Out" option have already been posted, so perhaps we'll go with that instead. I'm exploring the options here, not mandating any of them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2016, 09:17:01 am »

It's also of note that the enemies won't neccesarily attack the PCs if there's a villager in range.

As for that plan, it doesn't seem to actually have great odds of succeeding. None of the village-PCs double, and they can't take out an enemy without a crit. It seems like decent risk for little to no gain.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2016, 09:20:33 am »

Fair enough. I agree that it's very ambitious and might turn into a disaster.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2016, 03:39:56 pm »

An Idea: If Friderick or Siegfried moves to (23,12), then Alissa can move to (23,11) and perform, then whoever got performed can move on to (19,12) and vuln Lars. They'll probably have to deal with at least one enemy. I'm willing to have Arnold go instead, to save vuln, but the risk of KO is probably too great. Arnold can be vulned too, of course, if you can do without healing for one turn.

A better idea:  Arnold (or someone else) moves to (23,11). Cecil moves to (23,10) and rescues the PC at (23,11). Alissa moves to (23,9) and performs Cecil. Cecil moves to (20,12) and drops their rescuee at (19,12), where they may heal/vuln Lars (Unless you can't act after being rescued.) or just hold.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:48:35 pm by Mopsy »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2016, 03:57:23 pm »

You can't act if you've been dropped in the same turn.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2016, 04:05:37 pm »

OK. In that case it's at least a way to get two PC's (Cecil and one of the tanks) as far ahead as possible this turn.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2016, 04:08:42 pm »

Also your plan seems a little overcomplicated. If Arnold moves to 23,12, Alissa can move to 23,11 and perform for Arnold. Arnold can then move to 19,12 and heal Lars. Not sure doing that is worthwhile though, it kind of puts you in a vulnerable position. I don't want any villagers to die (too late) but if you go down that's a turn you can't heal any of us.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2016, 04:23:29 pm »

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm on about in the struck-out part of my edited post above.

Another thing that could be done is to have Siegfried move to (21,13) and rescue Osim. He has just enough AID for it. (The village kids have as much CON as Siegfried himself, what are they feeding them?)

Eureka! Here's how we should do it. Siegfried rescues Osim. Shaelynn moves to Osim's place and vulns Lars. Alissa, Cecil and Friderick do the rescue-perform-drop thing to (20,12) and (19,12). For the cost of one unit of vuln (and the need to drop Osim next turn), we get three PC's into our stronghold area ready for action (four with Jann), Osim will be safe and Lars is there to "tank" for us and may even survive if he's insanely lucky. Tell me this is not a good idea. (I suppose we could even skip the vuln for Lars, since 10HP doesn't translate to very many additional hits survived.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:45:42 pm by Mopsy »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2016, 05:58:32 pm »

You need more CON than the other person's CON to rescue them. Your rescue stat needs to be equal to their con
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 99