Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87826 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #360 on: July 12, 2016, 05:26:04 am »

I think the inn is a strategic bit of terrain, and thus unimportant immediately (although of course very important when the fighting starts) but my understanding (from asking people on the irc how this normally works) is that the houses with open doors are important to visit before enemies do. On the other hand the one to the south doesn't look like it's in any danger (one of the southern people can probably just nab it as we stroll in.) and it looks like Vincent is about to eat the dirt, and Cecil can't save him AND go to the northern house in the same turn without exposing Alissa to a lot of danger... Rough choice.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 12, 2016, 05:49:37 am »

My understanding is that the northern group of four villagers are basically dead meat. Both the northern and the western enemies can reach them before they move, and I don't think the three PC's in the village can save them on their own. The strategy I favor, tentatively, is to have all eight PC's join up and secure the area between the southern palisade and the two houses closest to the eastern entrance (roughly from (11,11) to (23,16)). That one looks defensible, and hopefully we'll be able to corral most of the villagers there. Then we'll grind down the Red team, starting with the southern group, and win.

Cecil could go for the house at (23,3), and all three village PC's could try delaying the western enemies, but they should be ready to fall back to the southern area without assistance.

This is just a summary of my speculations. I have not made up my mind about anything.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:57:12 am by Mopsy »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 12, 2016, 06:03:19 am »

Of note is that the enemies will take two turns at minimum to get to that house, and Cecil has canto. He could go to 23-6, Alissa goes right below him and performs, Cecil goes to the house and then canto's back to 23-6. Gets the house done without any party members in danger and moves Alissa closer to the main group. This is if we want to ignore the northern villagers, that is.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 12, 2016, 06:44:28 am »

Yeah. I like the idea of the horsey man going for the house right away then falling back and letting the npcs die a terrible death. It seems like we gota choose between Vincent and red house, and in this "Fuck you in particular Cecil" weather saving Vincent seems like a pretty risky move no matter how it's done. So I'll vote (well, less 'vote' and more "say yes sir I agree") for Twinwolfs plan.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 12, 2016, 06:50:33 am »

Wait, what was the weather effects on mounted units again? I didn't factor those in.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2016, 06:54:56 am »

In this case, it's -1 move. To my knowledge your plan is still workable, just ends with the horsee standing one square to the north.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 12, 2016, 07:23:43 am »

rip cecil in pis
So, how shall I proceed then?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 12, 2016, 07:33:22 am »

Of note is that the enemies will take two turns at minimum to get to that house, and Cecil has canto. He could go to 23-6, Alissa goes right below him and performs, Cecil goes to the house and then canto's back to 23-6. Gets the house done without any party members in danger and moves Alissa closer to the main group. This is if we want to ignore the northern villagers, that is.
Sigtext!

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 12, 2016, 08:13:13 am »

To act as my own devil's advocate for a moment, if the village PC's all went north (retracting their current actions), with Cecil getting performed and rescuing Vincent, then they could draw the attention of the northern enemies, potentially opening an escape route for the other villagers up there (first northeast, then southeast). There's only three enemies, after all. With some vulning, and luck, you might be able to hold them off for long enough, before falling back south or southeast.

Can allies be instructed to visit houses? That would be a good job for the escaping villagers.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:15:22 am by Mopsy »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 12, 2016, 08:16:38 am »

Nope. Allies can rarely be instructed at all and either run away from the enemies if they don't have weapons or suicide charge if they do.
Sigtext!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 12, 2016, 08:20:28 am »

Nope. Allies can rarely be instructed

Because nobody tries to instruct them in the first place v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 12, 2016, 08:24:45 am »

So they CAN be instructed? I remember reading something like that somewhere (e.g. "You can tell them whether to attack or retreat in so-and-so direction."). I'm not sure whether it was in one of your FEF's, though.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 12, 2016, 08:28:40 am »

We have specifically instructed NPCs plenty in FEF1, particularly in the later chapters. I figure Jann's order earlier should be enough to get people to start moving east.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2016, 08:29:17 am »

Nope. Allies can rarely be instructed

Because nobody tries to instruct them in the first place v:
Doesn't explain why they're suicidal unless we do :P
Sigtext!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2016, 08:30:03 am »

They will obey instructions to a point. If it is extremely ooc for them to do the order, they typically won't. So ordering villagers to charge the enemies won't go well prolly. Otherwise they typically follow a pattern of making decently smart moves unless otherwise ordered
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 99