Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87790 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

I'm thinking Thunder.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile

Anima, because Arnold is One with Nature.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take Darkness because I'm an edgelord.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:22:57 pm by Criptfeind »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2016, 08:40:23 am »

Are the masts of the ship impassable terrain?

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2016, 09:05:32 am »

Are the masts of the ship impassable terrain?

Relevant answer. History repeats...

Re: Siegfried vs Oskar
At least there are worse times for an extremely improbable enemy crit/KO to happen.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:08:31 pm by Mopsy »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2016, 03:05:29 pm »

Seems like a somewhat tricky situation. Siegfried and Friderick can only do 3 damage to Oskar, and while he does 13 damage, Gregory gets doubled.
Best plan I can come up with is Gregory going up and hitting Oskar until he goes down while we keep him up with Vulnearies and Arnold's healing. We have a chance of beating Oskar right now, by doing this, I believe:
1. Move Gregory to 5-6 and have him attack Oskar.
2. Move Arnold to either 4-6 or 5-7 and have him heal up/revive Gregory
3. If Gregory remains under 9 health after that, have Friderick move up to 4-6 or 5-7, whichever one is empty, and have him use a Vulnerary

Oskar doesn't have any healing items, and I believe he doesn't move, so the only thing he can is attack Gregory, and he can't down him with one hit unless he gets another crit. May be a bit risky, as it relies on Gregory hitting with a 74, and then (most likely) a 64 hit chance.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:16:02 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2016, 03:28:44 pm »

;-;
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2016, 03:48:14 pm »

I will purpose alternative plan here (that I've also said on irc but here everyone can see it) that I dub "Criptfeinds cowardly plan for cowards."

Step one, Friderick moves closer to Seig, but out of range of spearboss. Gregory and Arnold are useless
Step two, Frideric heals Seig with vulnerary, bringing him to 5 hp. Gregory cowers and Arnold really wants to heal Seig but holds himself back.
Step two point five, Seig or Frideric get a spear in the face, but baring a crit they survive.
Step three Seig runs away and gets healed as Frideric facetanks boss spear like a boss
Step 4+ Seig and Frideric (who I shall from now on refer to as Feig) trade off face tanking spearboss and running back to get healed by Arnold who stays out of the bosses reach until the boss is sufficiently worn down at which point Gregory runs in and killsteals Victory!

Baring another 1% chance crit, I think this has a higher chance of victory then the previous plan, with the downside that it will take much longer.

To be precise, I think me running in and hoping to win has a 65% chance of victory (assuming I am rezed twice), taking it slowly has something like a 90%+ because the only way we loose is to another crit (and even that isn't impossible to recover from.)

Edit: Actually i mean even if Darkpaladins plan doesn't work we don't actually loose, we just have to have him get healed and slowly chip down the boss. But still...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:53:12 pm by Criptfeind »

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2016, 04:39:43 pm »

I must admit that I failed to realize that Oskar can counter Gregory. I don't think he can actually double him, though. The handbook says "If your AS is greater by 4 or more, you will score two hits" and with Oskar's AS at 4 and Gregory's at 1 (the formula works out to zero, but the way Haspen wrote the charsheet seems to indicate that AS cannot actually go below 1), it seems that we're narrowly avoiding that. I'll check a few facts and then I'll get back to you about plans, OK?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:44:39 pm by Mopsy »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2016, 05:00:32 pm »

o wat

It can't go below 1? I wasn't aware that there was gm tinkered character sheets. If that's the cause, sure, I'll just... Walk right up, he'll attack me on his turn. I counter. I get healed. He attacks me, I get healed, etc etc until two of my counters hit. My two luck means he can't crit. Gee gee boyos.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2016, 05:14:15 pm »

Your AS is shrouded in mystery. To confirm my understanding of it, I checked your EVA in the same charsheet. The formula is supposed to be (EVA = 2*AS + LCK). Your LCK is 2, and your EVA is given as 3, indicating that for the purpose of calculating EVA, your AS is 1/2. That's still not 4 less than Oskar's, but some clarification from Haspen would be nice to have.

Edit: A potentially very stupid question. Can Arnold use his staff to heal himself? (No.)

Edit 2: Here's a plan (a kind of hybrid of darkpaladin109's and Criptfiend's) that brings back Siegfried next turn, keeps all vulns for emergencies and hopefully avoids a long slog. At least the first steps, up to and including Arnold healing Siegfried, can be carried out without knowing how mobile Oskar is, or whether he can double Gregory. What do you think?

Code: (Mopsy's Hybrid Oskar-beating Plan) [Select]
--- Turn 5 ---
Friderick moves to [7,7], trying to draw Oskar's aggro. (This will trigger his PF but he can tank that javelin no prob anyway.)
Arnold moves to [7,8], ready to reach Siegfried next turn.
Gregory moves out of Oskar's range, [7,10] seems like a good choice.

Oskar does something, maybe. Hopefully he doesn't hit Arnold. Or crit again...

--- Turn 6 ---
Arnold moves to [7,6] or [8,5] and heals Siegfried, bringing him to at least 7 HP (Oskar-proof).

--- From then onwards ---
Friderick and Siegfried tank passively, hopefully keeping Oskar busy and contained.
Gregory zlorches Oskar whenever possible.
Arnold heals Friderick or Siegfried if necessary, otherwise he heals Gregory.
In case of an emergency, anyone can chip in with vulns.

NOTE: Arnold can take one hit from Oskar without falling, and is immune to crits, so he won't get KO'ed out of the blue.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:01:42 pm by Mopsy »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »

Unfortunately that one I don't think is possible.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »

Edit: A potentially very stupid question. Can Arnold use his staff to heal himself?
No
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 04, 2016, 06:24:39 pm »

Drat. (Thanks for the info, Gig.) It's not critical to my plan, though. Would you like to try that one as is, modify it or go with one of the other two?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99