Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87744 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Few derps fixed.

This means that you guys can now freely post Character Sheets as there shouldn't be more changes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

What does a KO counter mean? I saw it in the OP as one of your homebrew rules but I'm not quite sure what that means for death and stuff.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Player Characters and named Allies have KO Counter, represented by 3 red triangles on the map when their HP goes to 0.

It goes down by 1 at start of new turn, so peeps have 3 turns to get you on your feet before you are permadead - 2 turns if you do a stupid and do a suicidal attack aka one that gets you counter-KO'd ;v
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. Thanks. So we're not permanently dead if we hit 0 HP, only if our allies ditch us, the bastards can't save us. Otherwise, methods such as Rescuing and clearing the map work to hold the timer up, yes?

Sorry if I seem noobish, my only experience with FE is the 3DS Fire Emblem games. :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:01:22 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Otherwise, methods such as Rescuing and clearing the map work to hold the timer up, yes?

Da! Clearing the map auto-heals all units, and Rescuing puts a hold on KO counter till you're dropped onto the floor again.

Sorry if I seem noobish, I've literally only ever played the 3DS Fire Emblem games. :P

This is OOC Thread and OOC Threads are for asking questions amongst other things, so ask away anytime ;v
SigFlags!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Not that noobish, the KO Counters are only in FEF as far as I know.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Yeah, I believe they're a FEF only thing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And that shows my noobishness, I didn't know that. Thanks!

And to clarify; Blossom is no longer the skill in the book but the one in the OP, yes? Last question for a while, hopefully. :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Yeah, I believe they're a FEF only thing.

Otherwise y'all would be dead by Chapter 3 .<.

And to clarify; Blossom is no longer the skill in the book but the one in the OP, yes? Last question for a while, hopefully. :P

Yeh, refer to proper spoiler in first post for list of new/deleted/changed Character Skills.
SigFlags!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool. Thanks. I've started working on my sheet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whew! Ready to go!
Sheetu

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Relevant to Overseaslanders:

Quote from: IRC

09:40 <Hatkitty>: Twinwold: Troian Empire was your usual feudal system that was gud until the Council and the Queens broked it alongside them famines
09:41 <Hatkitty>: and then Reich rolled over with this military, then with its culture
09:42 <Hatkitty>: youngsters dont have anythign to complain cuz war ended long ago; their parents might remember the war unless they profited on it, and they probably did, and only the elders will think aboot 'glorious days of proud Emperors and efficient Council' if they can remember these days at all
09:42 <Hatkitty>: *remember the war going bad
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Here is some less important info for peeps who wanna flesh out their backstories:

(14:02:12) Cript: Question for backstory: In the Reich, where do people study magicz?
(14:04:24) Hatkitty: privately under a tutor, or at an academy, or in teh army if they wanna to stick with the army afterwards
(14:05:00) Hatkitty: unlike in Overseasland, where dark magics was always something unwanted, the Reich happily embraces all three branches
(14:05:07) Hatkitty: but always had a thing for Anima magics
(14:05:56) Cript: Hum.
(14:06:11) Cript: Army magic training might be interesting.
(14:06:16) Cript: What uh.
(14:06:18) Cript: Age
(14:06:27) Cript: Do they start kids with during that?
(14:06:49) Hatkitty: people can learn magics whenever they want as long as they have a gift for it, but usually about 12-18 years old
(14:06:58) Hatkitty: is when they start
(14:08:23) Cript: Cool.
(14:08:42) Cript: Now, in the army, is it like, army run academies? Or magical boot camps
(14:09:15) Cript: If that question makes sense.
(14:12:42) Hatkitty: is like officer academy, aka class stuff and field stuffs
(14:47:06) Gigla: aren't breeches to the knee?
(14:47:14) Gigla: otherwise they're jodhpurs
(14:47:32) Cript: Breeches
(14:47:45) Cript: I mean that sounds like a gibberish word, but moving past that
(14:47:52) Cript: Yeh, they can be to the knee.
(14:47:57) Cript: Or the ankle.
(14:48:00) Cript: Thus the specification.
(14:48:19) Hatkitty: also add -ger suffix for greg's family name
(14:48:23) Hatkitty: for +200% Reichness
(14:48:36) Cript: Zecklinger?
(14:48:44) darkpaladin109: sounds very german to me
(15:27:54) Twinwolf: So the response to my question in the thread didn't actually tell me anything :v
(15:28:28) Twinwolf: (that is how you use the :v thing right)
(15:29:48) Twinwolf: What I was saying was, with the lore we currently have, we only really know anything about Reichland. We know the past of Overseasland, but we don't know much about it's present.
(15:31:24) Twinwolf: And considering that at least 4 of the 8 we'll have by Chapter 3, maybe more, are likely natives of Overseasland, it might be helpful to know more about it.
(15:31:55) Twinwolf: (more as in more past the first 8)
(15:32:36) Gigla: everything is peaceful under glorious reich
(15:32:41) Hatkitty: what Gigla said
(15:32:53) Gigla: anything you are told otherwise is lies of filthy dissedent traitors
(15:33:03) Hatkitty: and exactly because everything in reports is fine, the Reich is sending le captain to investigate if das is truth
(15:33:08) Hatkitty: because you cannot be overly paranoid
(15:34:10) Twinwolf: So all the characters from Overseasland know is that they're currently ruled by Reichland.
(15:34:41) Cript: yus
(15:34:58) Hatkitty: yes
(15:35:01) Cript: btw, I was thinking. Of swapping to
(15:35:06) Cript: Something other then charisma.
(15:35:10) Hatkitty: and they're better at governing their land than the previous rulers
(15:35:19) Cript: Any suggestion?
(15:35:43) Gigla: cript: depends on your build and what you want to do
(15:35:58) Cript: "Build" "Want to do" As if I think that far ahead.
(15:36:13) Twinwolf: It seems a bit weird that people would know nearly nothing about their nation, but I guess they just don't pay attention to politics.
(15:36:31) Gigla: well, you've set your build if you've made a sheet
(15:36:40) Cript: I wanta blast doods with magic
(15:37:30) Gigla: if you want more stats, go blossom
(15:37:43) Gigla: if you want to be sonic the magehog, get celerity
(15:37:44) Hatkitty: Twinwolf: why would Reichlanders care? v: all they want to know is that Overseasland pays them lotsa tributes and military keeps it in check
(15:37:59) Hatkitty: Reichlanders care more about their land rather than natives from some faraway islands
(15:38:13) Gigla: Hatkitty: i imagine twinwold is asking about the views of the natives, rather than the reichlanders
(15:38:18) Twinwolf: Yes
(15:41:13) Twinwold: So can you please answer my question ;-;
(15:41:23) Hatkitty: Twinwold: Troian Empire was your usual feudal system that was gud until the Council and the Queens broked it alongside them famines
(15:41:34) Hatkitty: and then Reich rolled over with this military, then with its culture
(15:43:06) Hatkitty: youngsters dont have anythign to complain cuz war ended long ago; their parents might remember the war unless they profited on it, and they probably did, and only the elders will think aboot 'glorious days of proud Emperors and efficient Council' if they can remember these days at all
(15:43:21) Hatkitty: *remember the war going bad
(15:43:30) Gigla: so no more famine, no culture clash?
(15:44:04) Hatkitty: noep
(15:44:26) Hatkitty: as for culture clash, there's no strong enough organization to overthrow the Periscanism, the Reich administration, its military or its influences
(15:44:35) Cript: Gorious riech magic magic solves all issues.
(15:44:42) Hatkitty: plus dat, yes
(15:44:47) Twinwold: Thanks for answering the question.
(15:44:52) Hatkitty: Reich Geomancers did very well at PRing for their bosses
(15:45:13) Gigla: hmm
(15:45:15) Hatkitty: "This was your ugly lake. But look! Now the lake is fertile farmlands!"
(15:45:28) Hatkitty: "Everything can happen if you're with the Reich! I'm on a horse."
(15:45:29) Gigla: the problem of alchemist class is that it needs every stat
(15:45:30) Cript: What is geomancery under
(15:45:33) Cript: Anima?
(15:45:47) Gigla: geology
(15:45:48) Hatkitty: geomancery is longterm ritual thing aka nothing player characters can use v;
(15:45:54) Cript: kk
(15:45:55) Cript: Sad.
(15:50:18) Hatkitty: As for Gigla's question on language: Reichish and Troian have the same roots and thus aren't that dissimilar. WHY YOU MIGHT ASK? maybe you will find out in-game
SigFlags!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

8:50:37 AM   Hatkitty:  But for real though the language thing was aliens.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

So. I can't quite make sense of Armoured works now. It reduces all damage under DEF + 4 to 0, right? So it's it just equivalent to +4 to defence? Does this mean that it affect magic attacks too? Or am I missing something here?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 99