Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87721 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #1350 on: July 25, 2017, 06:09:49 am »

Feelings of butthurt or no, it doesn't really change the fact that I brought up a legitimate concern that I and others then expanded upon... And got ignored for our trouble. I'd appreciate my input being at least weighed before being dismissed in the future.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 25, 2017, 07:27:32 am »

Eh. I dunno. The concerns were legitimate, and potentially it's what put us in this situations, but as others have pointed out, there wasn't (and still isn't) really a good way to know if that was the wrong move. I don't really blame Sieg for where we are. The invisible timers and rapidly switching objectives are the reason why we're in a bit of a bind now.

As for the overarching thread of being told what to do... Ah hah.... I honestly think both sides are... Maybe a little at fault. King murdoc seems very right in that he's often told to do things and asked why he isn't doing specific things, which I can see why he finds that annoying. Especially since no one is actually really playing very good but many people are basically left alone to do whatever they want... It's a bit different when you're so incredibly tanky that you cause the enemies potential strategies to have to warp around you. Seig is a powerful area denial weapon and so people naturally think of him as a power piece in their plans and want him to do specific things... Or at least that would be the case on a map where not every enemy has 1-2 attack and are ultra effective against him. But even so the frustration with such "advice" is understandable. I think ultimately if someone does something, it's probably what they want to be doing... Most of the time at least. With some people I think It's best at that point to give up on the idea of influencing them... Specially when it's not a critically hard point in a map.

On the other hand. There's like.... Too me there's three types people in these games when it comes to planning. People who plan about what to do and talk to others and make and post plans, people who don't do that but just generally follow along, doing their own thing sometimes but being perfectly happy to do what others ask and those who don't engage with others but still don't like being told what to do. The issue is when someone is being the third type of person... If someone is not engaging with others planning in a positive way, all they are going to get is negative engagement. If someone posts an idea with you in it and like, you don't like it. You need to stand up for yourself and tell that damn axeman haughty light mage spookie swordswoman person that their plan is awful and you don't wanta do it. Of course if you just meekly follow along with everyone all the time that's what they are going to come to expect from you. And then if you don't do it, and don't engage with them about it, they'll be confused.... You know what I mean? Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see you standing up for youself ever when this sorta thing happens. I see you basically just following along anyway and then later complaining about it.

I mean, it's worth keeping in mind the people who make plans don't have some great tactical or mathematical insight that you don't. If you don't like what someone is telling you to do... Tell them that, and tell them why you don't like it... I dunno. I just feel like this is how Mopsy went. He held these feelings inside and never positively engaged with anyone, and then rage quit when it built all up.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:32:20 am by Criptfeind »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 25, 2017, 07:41:50 am »

I mean, it's worth keeping in mind the people who make plans don't have some great tactical or mathematical insight that you don't. If you don't like what someone is telling you to do... Tell them that, and tell them why you don't like it... I dunno. I just feel like this is how Mopsy went. He held these feelings inside and never positively engaged with anyone, and then rage quit when it built all up.

To add to this, keep in mind no one knows your character as you do, so you have all the right to point out things about them.

And tank characters are really strong, even with several enemies designed to beat them they're still strong enough to take several hits, not to mention that is their purpose, to divert attacks from enemies who could attack weaker targets. Having enemies equipped with antiarmor should be considered a victory of sorts since those usually won't be good against the rest of the party. You should own it and if needed have the others back you up.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 25, 2017, 10:13:00 am »

5. 5 enemies had effective damage. Siege magic was just as scary to Iris and others as it was to Sieg so that hardly counts. One of those enemies was a miniboss. We don't have fliers or horse people that are mounted this map. That means the only reasonable effective damage you're going to get is armor. 5 enemies out of *36* is hardly a large number. Even if you include the lancereavers (which you really shouldn't since we have other lance users) that's dull only another two or so. Less than 20% of the enemies have effective damage and you're acting like the entire map is aimed directly at you.

This whole planning thing only works if people either don't mind being told what to do or if they actually talk about the plans. I've always made it clear that I love feedback for plans. CE is the same. Urs pointed out one example, there's also the time when I was less than happy about using my fancy weapon and people worked through stuff with me to figure out how to handle it.

The problem with people running off on their own is the one you can see right now in Magi Wars. Nick raced off on his own, there was no response when we tried to talk to him about changing the plan and now we're fighting hard to not have anyone die. There's nothing wrong auth wanting to do a thing that's IC. But ignoring people and refusing to discuss because you're tired of how a build you chose to make is playing out is no good.

I just... It sucks for you right now. I get that. But I feel like a lot of this could have been dealt with if you'd talked through some of this earlier instead of ignoring and then exploding.

So here's my question for you. As the other PCs in the game, how can we help to make things better for you in the future? Do you want to help plan? Do you want us to ask you about plans and stuff so that you can act IC? How can we help so that we can hopefully avoid things blowing up like this in the future? We can't control the GM and Hasp isn't exactly known for making easy maps but maybe there are things that the rest of us can do to try and help.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1354 on: July 25, 2017, 11:38:13 am »

I'll accept my part of the blame for that.

Going forward, I'd like to get more input on plans, yes - however I can. In exchange I'll try to make more of an effort to actually engage with the planning process instead of just sitting and stewing silently.

I'm not gonna stop complaining though, that's just what I do :V
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 25, 2017, 12:18:58 pm »

I'm not gonna stop complaining though, that's just what I do :V

In this moment, I feel a great kinship with you.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 30, 2017, 10:51:43 am »

Sorry about the IC post and immediate edit.

Was going to stab the sharpshooter but I figure it might be better to let the people who can reach the sharpshooter but not the hexer to take a shot at it first. We have two turns so we'll most likely be fine anyway.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 30, 2017, 01:37:06 pm »

I think Iris can kill the hexer so you can probably kill the sharpshooter
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 01, 2017, 12:12:59 pm »

Waiting on Gigla and Twin.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 03, 2017, 11:17:51 am »

LEVEL UPS!!

Also because you guys are now reaching First Class lvl10, pick one Subcategory you wish to upgrade by 1 rank!

56, 83, 86, 80, 85, 67, 16, 77
Alissa: +HP, RES

44, 4, 79, 34, 90, 75, 72, 41
Cecil: +AutoHP, STR, SKL, SPD

38, 93, 10, 96, 27, 29, 81, 86
Flora: +HP, MAG, DEF

83, 57, 23, 4, 86, 67, 30, 23
Gregory: +MAG, SKL, RES, SPD

67, 40, 91, 27, 27, 41, 13, 93
Iris: +STR, SKL, LCK, RES

22, 48, 22, 49, 22, 20, 72, 36
Jann: +HP, SKL, LCK, DEF, SPD

53, 1, 88, 85, 67, 87, 65, 83
Malcom: +HP, STR

62, 6, 70, 32, 42, 71, 70, 56
Shaelynn: +SKL, LCK, SPD

88, 4, 45, 99, 75, 8, 91, 6
Siegfried: +HP, STR, DEF, SPD

7, 31, 90, 60, 29, 43, 92, 74
Suzanne: +HP, STR, SKL, LCK

Now updaytan HP spoiler ;V!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 11:20:33 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! 1 extra Player welcome!
« Reply #1361 on: August 03, 2017, 11:26:56 am »

Opening up 1 slot for extra player!

The newest character would join up after 7x Chapter (next one), and will most possibly need to be a Reichman (either civilian or military). A mounted unit could be most useful, or a flier even.

That person will also be able to decide whether they roll up their levels to First class to match the other players or pre-promote at First Class lvl10 without a promotion item.

alissa
cecil
flora
gregory
iris
jann
malcom
shaelynn
siegfried
suzanne
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:34:16 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 03, 2017, 11:28:03 am »

Iris will advance Thrust subcat

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 03, 2017, 11:32:32 am »

Jann deploys sick Hacks (increases Hack subcat to B)

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 03, 2017, 11:44:38 am »

Malcom was clearly a sniper all along (Longbows to B)
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 99