Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 145020 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Ancients, reworked Treants and more!
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2017, 11:54:31 am »

Animate corpse/skeleton/plaguebearer/ghoul/skeleton mage does that, you need corpses for it though.

Next update I'm gonna give the risen minions a bit of a buff. I'm working on another project currently though which is why I haven't been updating as much.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2017, 01:01:52 pm »

I've released a minor update - nothing specific, just tying up some loose ends. I've added Warcraft-style Gryphons and Ettins (called Mountain Gryphons and Hill Ettins, respectively), Pale Orcs, Corrupted Ancients, and Wolfhawks.

I've also added Dark Dwarves as a new civ - essentially the Dark Iron Dwarves from WoW.

Lastly, I added an OC megabeast called the Pale Devourer, inspired by a dream I had recently - a gargantuan humanoid beast with four arms.

Next two updates are gonna be quite a fair bit larger, since they'll be themed updates - the next one should include most of the inorganic constructs, as well as machines from Warcraft - the one afterwards will mostly include the various elementals, perhaps a multi-caste Twilights Hammer-based civilization as well.

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2017, 02:26:27 am »

Hey there, enjoying the mod, but I'm getting some sort of bug/issue where the only civilization I get to play is the Dark Dwarves. I've generated 3 different worlds and only gotten them. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to switch the civilization I get?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2017, 02:39:04 am »

Try pressing tab a few times and seeing which civilizations are available to play - if there's two usually one of them will be regular dwarves - alternatively you could remove [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] from their entity file in raw/objects.

I'm also releasing a small bugfix update - mountain gryphons should now have a pet value, and pale orcs are playable from civs instead of being only outsiders. Jinyu should also now properly have major arteries torn when the throat or heart are damaged.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2017, 09:48:48 am »

How to edit adventure char creation ?? Like , add more points for Demigod. And , add vampire race ?

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2017, 10:52:43 am »

Use this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152903.0
Likely the easiest to use.

Or this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164123.0
Which is much more complicated to use.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2017, 09:29:08 am »

Thanks KHORNE follower , but ... FOR THE EMPEROR !!!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2017, 12:04:10 pm »

Some secrets in Warcraft mod is funnily broke n  :D
1. Pyromancer. Come to tower, entered it -  pyromancer fighting his own firemans.
2. Come near paladins tower, noticed two asterisks chasing each other. Walked to them, get ambushed in one ambush by paladins(Is this attack? What's going on?),zombies and, for some reason, thunder lisard. Paladins that was closer to lisard attacked it and get beaten by it.
2.5 Finally come to tower. Peaceful paladins, peaceful necromancer,  peaceful zombies. Obvious crutch ("secret" people can't build towers without zombies, right?) but still funny.
3. Not secrets, bug in fortress mode. In first caravan both outpost liason and diplomat arrived and made two indepedent  import/export agreements. When caravan left the map message popupped that said that all animals that caravan brought to trade and did'nt sell has been stolen by thief.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2017, 12:15:12 pm »

Some secrets in Warcraft mod is funnily broke n  :D
1. Pyromancer. Come to tower, entered it -  pyromancer fighting his own firemans.
2. Come near paladins tower, noticed two asterisks chasing each other. Walked to them, get ambushed in one ambush by paladins(Is this attack? What's going on?),zombies and, for some reason, thunder lisard. Paladins that was closer to lisard attacked it and get beaten by it.
2.5 Finally come to tower. Peaceful paladins, peaceful necromancer,  peaceful zombies. Obvious crutch ("secret" people can't build towers without zombies, right?) but still funny.
3. Not secrets, bug in fortress mode. In first caravan both outpost liason and diplomat arrived and made two indepedent  import/export agreements. When caravan left the map message popupped that said that all animals that caravan brought to trade and did'nt sell has been stolen by thief.
1. That may have been some form of an accident, since I didn't give the risen firemen OPPOSED_TO_LIFE (they wouldnt attack their masters anyway). Strange though.
2.5 I admit that's mostly a crutch (also for some balance, since I imagine it'd be annoying to have a companion with innate necromancy that raises zombies hostile to the player) - in the paladins case its probably incidental that they're there (they dont have raise dead type spells so they will migrate to towers occasionally but wont actually build them).
3. I'll remove that in the next version, since I did notice issues popping up with it. That said the animal export bug isn't related to that - if you were playing as dark dwarves, then BABYSNATCHER is the token responsible for it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:19:32 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2017, 01:23:00 pm »

Uploaded a minor update with some bugfixes - fixed the issue with the diplomats showing up prematurely, also added personality traits to the Scourge Undead. Removed some inapporpriate-sounding words from a few of the language files as well.

EDIT: A new patch for Legion is apparently on the PTR with plenty of new creatures from Argus and quite a few new demon types, so that looks like it'll be the next update I do (not all at once most likely since I haven't seen the proper names for a few of them) - I admittedly intended for the next major update to be constructs - infernals, various golem types, etc. - however I believe it'll be more convenient for me to do those after the next DF update, given how it'll affect entities and let me have entity-level pets and so on.

Gotta say, quite a few of the new creatures in that patch are...bizarre to say the least. Quite up my alley.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:17:43 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Beasts of Argus!
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2017, 05:51:08 am »

Alright, slightly larger update this time (2.2.0).

I went ahead and added several of the creatures from the WoW PTR, along with one that I haven't added before from the initial wave of new Legion creatures.

Most of these are only found in evil deserts, savannas and forests - though the Mana Ray, Panthara and Marsuul are instead found in savage deserts, savannas and forests.

I've also added several new castes to the Demon race - three are from the PTR, one is actually from WoD but I was considering wheter to add them or not.
Spoiler: Full list (click to show/hide)
I've also made some changes to existing castes - regular Eredar now have several magical spells innately - Fireball, Curse of Agony and Felfire Bolt. Mo'arg can now use Berserker Rage as well.

Lastly I fixed a bug that escaped me last time - felbats shouldn't be immune to syndromes anymore.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2017, 02:08:46 pm »

I'm currently working on the next update - it's gonna be fairly large, mostly gonna include creatures I haven't included before or variants of existing ones.

That being said, I'm most likely gonna release it only after the next version comes out (unless it gets delayed substantially).
It'll be easier for me and I'll be able to work on some more stuff as well that'll be more compatible with the next version.

Since the next DF version will have more customization in regards to pets accessible to the races, I figure it'll be better if I release the creatures I'm currently working on in addition to the next big update that I originally planned, which would consist of constructs and mechanical constructs of various kinds.

It wouldn't make much sense for, say, a harvest golem or a mechanostrider to be accessible to non-tech savvy races, much less found in the wilderness far away from civilization, which is why I'd rather release them only after the next big update comes out.

I'll try my best to have them ready before the update hits though to minimize the time required for a compatibility update.

Anyway, for those curious, here's a full list along with links of the creatures that'll be in the next update, along with some notes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That should be it - the update immediately after this one will, like I said, have mechanical beings and constructs - inventions of both the goblins and the gnomes, golems of various types, the Anubisaths and Horusaths of the Qiraji, Obsidian Destroyers (not technically constructs but they'll be good "pets" for the Qiraji and Undead), etc. etc. Also I'll have both the WC3 and WoW designs of stone and metal golems as separate creatures for completions sake.

Lastly, the update afterwards will consist of the various Elemental factions - the main four elementals - air, fire, earth and water - will have their own civs, with appropriate pets and so on drawn from the other miscellaneous types (i.e earth elementals will have shale spiders, gemstone colossi, fire elementals will have fire revenants, lava worms, cinderweb spiders, etc. etc.). I'll also add an elemental cultist "race" (more a faction like the demons or undead) that'd represent the Twilights Hammer clan with their elemental ascendants, mutated members like Cho'Gall, etc. A few loose ends will also be in that update, like the lasher plants. Several races will also get the "bound" versions of the elementals as pets - the civ versions would be the unbound ones, and would have several castes.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:19:02 pm by ZM5 »

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2017, 04:09:59 am »

Can this be merged with the DF Starter Pack and work just fine?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2017, 04:24:30 am »

Yeah, it works fine - I use the launcher myself.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2017, 01:42:06 pm »

Yeah, it works fine - I use the launcher myself.

I may be doing this wrong, but it seems to screw things up if you install any graphics packs, as LNP overwrites and deletes a lot of the mod's files, and then reinstalling the modpack over top of it leads to things breaking. Any chance you could make a standalone pack of the complete mod without vanilla DF bundled in, or one bundled with LNP itself?  :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:50:39 pm by Morgoth »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27