Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG OOC [Started, waitlist open!]  (Read 16613 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This be the OOC thread. IC thread can be found here!

¤SOLAR¤

The Sol System of the 23rd Century is a strange, fractured world. The light of her star shelters all of Earth's lost children; a hundred thousand distinct societies and factions, a million strains of Man and Machine, billions of strange, sovereign souls building their own future, making their own path across the breadth of the System. This is not a Mankind united and whole. Earth stands a scarred ruin, poor and desolate, and in the absence of her guidance, Man's scattered colonies, stations and refuges have grown lone and independent. To survive, they have changed, evolved, adapted. Mechanical, biotechnological and mental augmentations and alterations are not merely commonplace, they are practically omnipresent.

It is a place of wonder, of endless diversity, of impossible technology, of powerful faith, of endless creation. And it is also a place of danger, of secrets; a place of Mankind in its countless forms and pursuits.

In the outer reaches of Sol, far from the Sun's radiance, the less successful of Earth's offspring wait to be discovered. Old, failed colonies, isolationist stations, lost ships, outcast groups, unorthodox research stations - they all exist outside the web of communication and trade that holds the inner system together; known as 'echoes', they draw in the foolish and the bold to seek riches, knowledge, technology and fame for themselves. Inwards, the struggles and rivalries of Sol's endless factions and individuals provide ample work, passion or simple entertainment for thousands and thousands of her denizens.

---

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character App (click to show/hide)

Apps are chosen based on quality; this ain't first-come, first-serve.

Player List
1. Zahir Spencer [Taricus]
2. Brooklyn of Clan Spyche [Dwarmin]
3. OCOS-998 [MonkeyHead]
4. Medulla-3 [GiglameshDespair]
5. Karysse Sharid/Dogbite [Rolepgeek]

Waitlist
1. Jira Alcyone [Tiruin]
2. Vladlen Polzin [Playergamer]
3. Headache [somemildmanneredidiot]
4. Galactica Minor [IronyOwl]
5. Sir Bedivere Dagonet of Dublin [Ghazkull]
6. Jilosko Thompson/Oklahoma/Bastard [My Name Is Immaterial]
7. Jackson Bradford [Pencil_Art]
8. Erdus Midun, HARBINGER OF THE CLEANSING FIRE [Ardent Debater]
9. Auto-Colony 22 Heavy Personal Weapon System MK33 Designation 60892, Onboard AI Unit [Egan_BW]
10. Alfy Gena [DigitalDemon]
11. Antony Berners-Lee II [TheBiggerFish]
12. Woxir [snowdwarf]
13. Catherine [AbstractTraitorHero]

That was quite a bit of writing. Please ask any questions that might pop into mind!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:05:36 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG [Sign-ups!]
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:40:00 pm »

PTW May make a Sheet.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 01:48:50 pm »

I have no idea what kind of character I'll make, but I'll probably make one.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 02:11:33 pm »

Trying something new.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:47:31 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 02:19:22 pm »

This looks like outstanding fun. Allow me to apply.

Name: OCOS-998

Gender: OCOS-998 superficially resembles a human female, and is generally labelled as such.

Appearance: To the untrained eye OCOS-998 looks like a 5 ft 8 classical human female with a lithe athletic bearing. Short blonde hair tied back. She has a preference to configure her eyes to be green. Pale skin, freckles. If someone were to spend any time observing OCOS-998, they would notice that she moved in a very purposeful, deliberate manner.

Background: The OCOS series of covert operative synths are a recent addition to the Orbitals plethora of strategic assets. They represent a state of the art application of machine sentience and engineering. Each unit's skull features a "brain" built of bleeding edge optical and quantum computing substrates, running a truly sentient "mind" capable of stunning feats of analysis and decision making that makes the human mind look truly second rate. Each mind is nurtured into a truly individual personality over a demanding 18 month development period. Like all Orbital technologies, it is fully on-line, jacked in to all networked data systems allowing for real time uploading and downloading of nearly anything. An OCOS units sensory suite is truly remarkable, with visual acuity across the whole electromagnetic spectrum (featuring increased range and sensitivity compared to the human eye) and auditory sensitivity into both infra and ultrasound. The body of each OCOS unit is a hybrid of advanced mechanical and organic technologies, though the organic elements are mainly there to fool the mark-1 human sensory apparatus into thinking it is looking at, listening to, smelling and physically touching a non-threatening human. Beneath the functional skin and muscle layers one would find a carefully sculpted foam metal alloy skeleton whose motion is enhanced by small but powerful and precise electromagnetic actuators. The skeleton houses a set of organs grown in labs but overhauled with the best Orbital engineers have to offer: Lungs with filters to prevent ingress of harmful gases and storage tanks to provide oxygen enough to survive for 45 minutes in a low oxygen environment. A servo assisted heart circulating hyperoxygeneated blood at triple the pressure of a typical human. The blood itself is loaded with nanotech self repair devices and highly miniaturised hydrogen fuel cells capable of supporting the entire unit for almost an hour as an emergency energy source, or for providing a short lived overdrive. A simplified and streamlined digestive system. All in all, an OCOS unit represents the pinnacle of espionage technologies available in the Sol system, designed to go where they please and do as what they please in order to enhance the intelligence gathering abilities of the Orbital security apparatus. In this, they are unmatched. They are fast, intelligent, capable, and dangerous. Outside of high ranking Orbital officials, nobody knows such a high value asset exists. 998 is fresh off the line, and has been given the standard remit to do as she sees fit in the Sol system, gathering any and all information about the other factions in the system.

Class: Operative, Tech-Head
This is a blank sig.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 02:21:47 pm »

Any problems with my sheet?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 02:35:33 pm »

Any problems with my sheet?

You need to go through your sheet again. The background seems to be rather jumbled.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 02:39:47 pm »

Which part?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 02:40:45 pm »

PTW.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 02:42:38 pm »

Background:She hails from earth itself originally and she was horribly damaged  and wrecked  upon exiting  the earths atmosphere in a escape pod that she was shoved in by her inventor and it Seems that some of the nanobots are still  within her corruption has set in.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 02:48:14 pm »

Fixed I believe it makes much more sense now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 03:16:58 pm »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:59:51 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 03:34:35 pm »

Interest check.

I'd like to join, but it'll be a day or so before I can submit anything. I expect the game will be filled by then!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 03:58:36 pm »

Interesting!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 09:02:01 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2016, 04:05:49 pm »

Not quite done.

>.> Really? Everyone went with Tech-Head? Jeezus christ guys.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:51:19 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15