Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Oh god, not another Yugioh RP... (OOC)  (Read 11784 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god, not another Yugioh RP... (OOC)
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2017, 12:25:37 pm »

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on how terrifying an Anti-Cure deck is when people only have 4000 life points?

Here's my character sheet:
Name: Depends on the personality fragment I get. May as well say this now, I want a male character.
Appearance: Once again, dependent on personality fragment.
Ka Monster: Ocean Dragon Lord Neo-Daedalus (still waiting on affect)
Semi-Random Description Given by GM: Waiting on this one. Note, ZtG, I would be OK with being a new player in-game. Though, you might need to explain why I have so many good cards as a rookie.

The background I wind up giving you is partially based on plot hooks to bring you into the story, but there is a fair amount of it based upon the three factors of your deck, name, and appearance.  Though due needing to finish up the next chapter of the story I am working on elsewhere, it would be awhile before I have the ability to write it up anyway.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2017, 01:29:44 pm »

Just added the name and physical description. Once again, I'm OK with making me a rookie, if you wanted to. Doesn't matter much.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2017, 01:48:00 pm »

Quote from: OceanSoul

Description was PM'd to you.  Don't need to put it in the thread, as the characters in teh game so far would not be aware of you.

Ka Effect: Once per duel on any turn not in the first round of play, you may target one card on the field or in your opponent's hand.  The targeted card is sent to the graveyard.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2017, 01:00:32 pm »

You know, I half wonder if it would be slightly easier to run a Yugioh suggestion game.  May even be better for me to run, as I've really underestimated how much classwork I am getting this semester...

By the way, anyone going to see the new Yugioh movie, Dark Side of Dimensions, when it releases in two days?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2017, 02:10:00 pm »

The game could work in suggestion format, and it would be easy to learn how to play it just by watching, nevermind participating. Though, I have considered a different version of the game. Instead of there being Ka monsters and deck limitations, everyone would start out with a choice of one of the relatively simple beginner deck that the GM would prepare beforehand. Better cards could be obtained by packs, given out in certain circumstances and/or buyable, or by defeating another duelist, whether PC or NPC. I allready have a bit of story in mind for it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2017, 03:26:34 pm »

The game could work in suggestion format, and it would be easy to learn how to play it just by watching, nevermind participating. Though, I have considered a different version of the game. Instead of there being Ka monsters and deck limitations, everyone would start out with a choice of one of the relatively simple beginner deck that the GM would prepare beforehand. Better cards could be obtained by packs, given out in certain circumstances and/or buyable, or by defeating another duelist, whether PC or NPC. I allready have a bit of story in mind for it.

Could also use the preexisting structure decks from the same era.  Each should be fairly balanced with the others.

Alternatively, could start off with running a draft where they select a number of packs and get a number of cards to assemble a deck out of, randomly generated from the list of cards available within the pack and weighted to the rarities booster packs use (eg. Every pack will give X commons, Y rates, etc.)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2017, 03:28:28 pm »

Well I'd be up for either.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2017, 03:45:44 pm »

You know, I half wonder if it would be slightly easier to run a Yugioh suggestion game.  May even be better for me to run, as I've really underestimated how much classwork I am getting this semester...

By the way, anyone going to see the new Yugioh movie, Dark Side of Dimensions, when it releases in two days?
yeah i get it im super late with my post because ive been really busy lately on account of school, school and then some more school

sorry
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2017, 04:07:32 pm »

It's OK, Blitz.

Anyway, the plot I had in mind took place in the future of our world, in that Yu-Gi-Oh was a card game and anime. Nothing more- at least, that's what it seems. A full-immersion VR company, after a few demos, announces its first real game project; a vast Yu-Gi-Oh MMORPG. Whether by winning a contest, being outstanding in your field, or merely being a relative of one of the company's epmployees, all the players are beta testers. The 3D monsters and sensory realism make it seem like a wonder of technology, but weird things start to happen in-game. It seems like it's just the bugs you're supposed to test and help fix, but could it actually be something more? And why, of all things, would the company choose Yu-Gi-Oh in the first place? It really is just a normal card game..right?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:27:09 pm by OceanSoul »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2017, 04:37:00 pm »

yeah i get it im super late with my post because ive been really busy lately on account of school, school and then some more school

sorry

I have a heavy amount of time lost due to the same reasons.  You pretty much need to check in on roleplays fairly often when they're running, which takes up a bunch of time that is variable depending upon the level of activity.  Considering that for a succession game I'd only need to check up around once a day, switching over to that would allow me to schedule a time to work on it.  That makes it a bit more attractive of an option with the free time I have to work with.

It's OK, Blitz.

Anyway, the plot I had in mind took place in the future of our world, in that Yu-Gi-Oh was a card game and anime. Nothing more- at least, that's what it seems. A full-immersion VR company, after a few demos, announces its first real game project; a vast Yu-Gi-Oh MMORPG. Whether by winning a contest, being outstanding in your field, or merely being a relative of one of the company's epmployees, all the players are beta testers. The 3D monsters and sensory realism make it seem like a wonder of technology, but weird things start to happen in-game. It seems like it's just the bugs you're supposed to test and help fix, but could it actually be something more? And why, of all things, would the company choose Yu-Gi-Oh in the first place? It really is just a normal card game..right?

Neat.  Could have a 'hub' area where normal duels, purchase of cards, etc could occur and have the open world outside of it (unless you get into a duel with another player) acting more akin the Memory World arc where the players use the cards they have to get around a number of obstacles within the area.  You could use this as a method to get more cards in some way.  It's a possibility, at least.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2017, 05:32:09 pm »

I'd be up for continuing, yeah.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2017, 06:12:21 pm »

I just realized that packs wouldn't have to be real. Pacsk could be made up for certain groups of cards, making it easier to get cards you could use in your deck. A few examples-
Ladies' Night Out: Features heavily female archetypes and cards, including Traptrix, Aromage, Magician Girl, and, of course, Harpie Lady.
Sync or Swim: Features Synchro cards. One of it's covers would have Deep Sea Diva, for the double entendre.
First Contact: Contact Evolutions, and cards they work well with.
Umi, Oh My: Filled with Umi-based cards
Took an Arrow in the Neo: HERO Neos, Neo-Space cards, and Arrow/bow cards.
Sugar and Splice: Madolche, Amorphage, and cards like Gene Therapy.
Exodia Stage Right: Exodia cards, as well as cards to help you get through your deck. Also, Abyss Actors, and maybe Aquactress
INFINITE VAULT: Absolutely EVERY card EVER PRINTED!!! Yet you only draw Kuribos and Ojamas, somehow.
Etc.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:24:43 pm by OceanSoul »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2017, 11:16:56 am »

Does that mean you won't be continuing this game?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2017, 02:29:28 pm »

Does that mean you won't be continuing this game?

Yes.  Given how we only managed to get out less than two pages of the IC since the start of November, it's probably best to let it die.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9