Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Monster Masters WWII RPG IC: Boot Camp!  (Read 2305 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Masters WWII RPG IC: Boot Camp!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 11:09:01 am »

((I must've confused hands with feet somehow. Probably didn't wake up completely at the time.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 02:25:05 pm »

"Alright, Kricket. Let's have some roasted maggots for brunch.

"Magma Shower.

"Everyone lookout for falling magma."

Kricket initiates a magma shower.

I fire at number four.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:34:25 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 03:42:58 pm »

((I must've confused hands with feet somehow. Probably didn't wake up completely at the time.))
[[Eh, don't mind it, don't mind it. Not like any of us are "that" closely interested in the character sheets of others. At least / especially not at the beginning.]]

"δόξα στον Άρη!"
Wildly firing unto the maggarotes, the harpy is seemingly enjoying herself.
"Αχαχαχα!."
Al~right. Scratch that. Clearly enjoying herself.

What? What is that? You want to know what she says? All-right-o. Just 'caus it's you.
"Glory unto Ares", is the first line. What the second one is, well, that one should actually be clear from the context.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 06:11:10 pm »

((I have just assumed he brought along his BAR for whatever reason. You did put it in his inventory :P.

Sasoku, you are allowed to make a move at the same time as your monster. Do you want to make an action?

Finally, just a note on behind the scenes stuff. "Wild" monsters such as these will typically act randomly as decided by dice. Human opponents will act more tactically, as decided by Stirk. I'll process the action either once I get a response from Sasoku or whenever I feel like it between now and tomorrow :P.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 06:23:58 pm »

((I don't think that I put anything in my inventory. Is one of the M1s for me, or am I unarmed?))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 06:29:13 pm »

((I don't think that I put anything in my inventory. Is one of the M1s for me, or am I unarmed?))

(You get an M1)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 06:35:04 pm »

((Edited action))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 06:31:05 pm »

The Maggarrotes act swiftly, crossing the field in the time it takes our heroes to equip themselves! Maggarrote 1 starts the show, striking out at Ferratus! It whips out toward his neck, missing its target but scratching the living armor's hands on the way by (-2). Maggarrote 6 follows up this attack by assaulting Ahitama, launching itself like a rocket toward his neck. It manages to latch on, doing some damage before he is able to throw it off (-9). Maggarrote 2 continues the vicious assault by aiming for Kricket Meine. It rushes to the massive creature's foot, burrowing around inside it for significant damage! Fortunately, the heat of the beast's inside seems to keep it from burrowing too deep (-14 P). Auahi finally strikes back against these beasts, blasting at Maggarrote 6 with its Scorching Claw attack! The beast is scorched instantly, transforming completely to ash (-100B). Avenging its friend, Maggarrote 5 launches an attack at Ferratus! The sturdy armor scarcely feels the blow as his opponent attempts to burrow into his left leg (-2). Maggarrote 3 follows up the attack, aiming at Kricket Meine! It borrows into a second leg, the poor beast starting to feel the effects of the repeated assaults (-14P). Ahitama finally avenges himself, attacking Maggarrote 3! He hits its tail as it attempts to borrow into Kricket Meine, removing the edge of it with his attack (-9). Falder follows up with a attack on Maggarrote 4, hitting it near the center and dealing significant damage (-40). Kricket Meine, after taking two blows, finally fights back against the enemy. He launches a shower of magma toward the enemy, missing them entirely! Fortunately, no allies are harmed either. The heavily injured Maggarrote 4 attacks Ahitama, striking for his neck! Again, poor Ahitama has the enemy strangling him, dealing significant damage before he can remove it (-9). The remaining protagonists take their move, starting with Ferratus who sprays bullets from his BAR while rushing Maggarrote 2, as it bursts from the other side of Kricket Meine's leg. The enemy is cut in half by a single powerful blow from the armor's blade (-60). Length wise. Anfisa finally catches her breath and makers her move-shooting at the most injured Maggarrote, number 4. What little is left of it is completely destroyed by the Harpie's hail of bullets (-55).

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 06:51:31 pm »

((What of Zachary + his monster?))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 06:58:31 pm »

((Oh. Looks like you never finished your character sheet, so I never put you on the list, so I forgot about you -_-))

The Nameless monster transforms into his defense form as its master shoots Maggarrote 1, scratching it (-14)!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 07:56:22 pm »

Climb onto Kricket's back and shoot at maggarrote 2.

Kricket continues the shower of Magma.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:23:26 pm by Sosoku234 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 04:49:58 am »

((Damage? What's that? Is it tasty?))

Maggarrote 5 will be the next one to taste my blade.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 04:52:11 pm »

*chack-chack-chack*
The sound of a bolt repeatedly clicking on an empty magazine sounds out, causing Anfisa to send a furious gaze at her rifle.
With a shrieking growl of "Useless Flintlock!", the harpy throws her weapon sliding on the ground, and takes to the sky.

Her cry of, "The rightmost is mine!", sounds over the field of battle, her wings wildly flapping to gain enough height for an aerial attack. If any of her previous anger remains, her face doesn't show it, drawn into a gleeful grimace instead.

As the harpy flexes her claws in anticipation, she adds a descending; "Mind your aim, hear me?" from overhead. Seems she is not very trusting in the aim of her compatriots. Go figure.

Anfisa performs a Diving Charge (Reckless Attack) on Maggarote 5
(Should Ferratus finish the job before her, I guess she will scoop up the corpse instead, to let her claws do her worst on that.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:13:13 pm by escaped lurker »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 06:11:47 pm »

Ahitama, barely managing to breath, shout :
"Auahi !"

Auahi and Ahitama gang up on Maggarrote 4

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 04:13:54 pm »

((Oh right, I'm doing something here :P. Still waiting on Insane's move. In the mean time, please remember Mag 4 was killed by the harpy, please stop beating a dead horse. Its unsportsmanlike for half the team to attack something that is already dead :P.))

Pages: 1 [2] 3