Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: wailing tunnels  (Read 26870 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: sneakin' and raidin'
« Reply #255 on: August 01, 2016, 03:27:34 pm »

Get my greasy fingers over everything and pick a side arm for myself if there's one. Pick four sticks of dynamite and shove them on my belt or shoe or pocket or hammerspace. While I can reliably make duplicates, it does help to carry few originals along.

((Did I ever pick a weapon?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: sneakin' and raidin'
« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2016, 03:29:14 pm »

I think we could use the tank soon...

get into tank.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: lots of guns, not enough pockets
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2016, 06:41:46 pm »

((You guys are lucky Evan is here :P))

Evan goes to the armory to meet the others. Stealthily, of course.
You go meet the others in the armoury tent. The two guys are helping themselves to their loot, while Alexia seems eager to leave.

Grab the mechanical parts and slip them into various pockets I have. It never hurts to be able to have some more metal at hand.and the mg 42 and the ammo
You grab a about 4 big metal doodads and hefty wrench and stick them in your pockets. You also grab the mg42 and the two ammo belts. You're getting pretty loaded with guns and stuff and it's hard to move with all of this stuff hanging off your person.

Get my greasy fingers over everything and pick a side arm for myself if there's one. Pick four sticks of dynamite and shove them on my belt or shoe or pocket or hammerspace. While I can reliably make duplicates, it does help to carry few originals along.

((Did I ever pick a weapon?))
You molest everything you can get your dirty mitts on and then pick up four sticks of dynamite, sticking them in a satchel that you find nearby. You also find a nice luger, with two magazines.

((more on weapons down below.))

I think we could use the tank soon...

get into tank.
For reasons of your own, you really think you could use the tank soon. You sneak off out of the tent and head back up the hill. You clamber on into the tank and gun the engine back to life.

((NOTE: WEAPONS

So, I haven't really been keeping careful tabs on the weapons, but I think it's getting a bit ridiculous. So, here's what everyone has, according to what I've written down. If ya'll could keep an inventory in the bottom of your posts from now on, that would be super helpful.

Evan: Delisle carbine (6/8) with 2 extra magazines
Alexia: Welrod pistol (8/8) with 2 extra magazines, Kar98 (5/5) with two extra clips, mp40 (32/32) with 2 extra magazines
Bernard: Welrod pistol (8/8) with two extra magazines, mp40 (32/32) with one extra magazine, MG42 (100/100) with one extra belt, Metal (chunk, wrench, 4 doodads)
Alain: Luger (8/8) with one extra magazine, 4 sticks of dynamite.

So yeah, Alexia and Bernard are like walking armouries, and that will get taken into account at some points. Points that might not be to your advantage. We're not at the point where it's getting impossible for you to carry all of that stuff, but we're getting closer and closer.))

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2016, 05:52:45 am »

leave the welrod and ist ammo in the tank, ive got a rifle and a submachine gun. nice. Also, load all the guns and wait. If possible, get Evan to come as well.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2016, 05:59:17 pm »

"...Don't you think you are going a little...overboard? This is still a stealth mission, you know. Machine guns, explosives, and metal bits are usually pretty bad for those."

Evan: Delisle carbine (6/8) with 2 extra magazines
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »

hmm I'll be able to fix the metal bits clanging around, as for the machine gun, I'll keep it, just in case.

Drop the SMG and the ammo. Fuse the doodads into a chunk, if it's still hard to move about then drop the doodads. Also drop the doodads but keep the wrench.

Bernard: Welrod pistol (8/8) with two extra magazines, MG42 (100/100) with one extra belt, Metal (chunk, wrench, 4 doodads)

On ground now: mp40 (32/32) with one extra magazine,
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:43:19 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2016, 07:24:12 am »

Alain waits for instructions to follow. In meanwhile, he's ready to point pistol on any non teammate who happens to wander into armory tent.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

leave the welrod and ist ammo in the tank, ive got a rifle and a submachine gun. nice. Also, load all the guns and wait. If possible, get Evan to come as well.
You make sure the stubby main gun is loaded with a nice high explosive shell. You also check to make sure that both the coaxial machine gun and the machine gun next to the driver's seat are loaded. You then put the welrod and its ammo in a small compartment next to the driver's seat.

Well, engine's running and armament's loaded. No sign of your comrades, though.

hmm I'll be able to fix the metal bits clanging around, as for the machine gun, I'll keep it, just in case.

Drop the SMG and the ammo. Fuse the doodads into a chunk, if it's still hard to move about then drop the doodads. Also drop the doodads but keep the wrench.

Bernard: Welrod pistol (8/8) with two extra magazines, MG42 (100/100) with one extra belt, Metal (chunk, wrench, 4 doodads)

You fuse the doodads with the metal bit you had earlier. It's now roughly the size of a rugby ball. Kinda heavy, but nothing that can't be solved by looting a satchel from the armoury and putting it in there. You put down the mp40 and the ammo for it as well.

Alain waits for instructions to follow. In meanwhile, he's ready to point pistol on any non teammate who happens to wander into armory tent.
You point your welrod at the tent flap, waiting for either an enemy or some kind of instruction. Neither come, though you're not sure wether you should be happy or not about that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 05, 2016, 05:00:12 pm »

"I guess that fixes the metal problem, but do you even know how to use that thing? This job requires a little...subtly. Machine guns are the opposite of that. Anyway, we really need to get going. Where did the girl run off too?"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Turn rngine off for now, fire up the radio. it should have the german codes written somewhere...

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Ive fired the machine guns in my plane during training all the time. How different could it be? Also we should get going.

Get going to the tomb shoot Germans with the welrod if they are in the tomb tent.

Bernard: Welrod pistol (8/8) with two extra magazines, MG42 (100/100) with one extra belt, Metal (rugby ball sized chunk in satchel, wrench)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 09:33:52 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Yep, let's get going. Point the pistol around vaguely threateningly. Oh, any lighters here? I need something to lit fuse.

"Yeah, let's move. I hope she wasn't caught..."
Old sigs.
Games.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"....What is everyone doing? My god, this unit is a real mess..."

Vanish, head out towards the tome.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

((i mightve problems with steady acces, jut fyi))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: Wagner and the tomb pit.
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2016, 07:18:02 pm »

Turn rngine off for now, fire up the radio. it should have the german codes written somewhere...
You turn the engine off and fire up the radio. With a sheet of frequencies you find nearby you have a listen to what Jerry is saying. You only find three frequences you can get here though. One is a very garbled signal from the place the British are attacking. From the snippits you can make out, the Germans we're suprised by the attack, took heavy casualties, but have been able to mount a defensive and it's currently up in the air which side will be victorious. The second frequency is the general one of the kampf this tank belongs to. Unfortunately, no other tanks nearby are broadcasting. The third one seems to be a radio channel for the outposts. It's currently playing some Wagner.

Ive fired the machine guns in my plane during training all the time. How different could it be? Also we should get going.

Get going to the tomb shoot Germans with the welrod if they are in the tomb tent.

Bernard: Welrod pistol (8/8) with two extra magazines, MG42 (100/100) with one extra belt, Metal (rugby ball sized chunk in satchel, wrench)

Yep, let's get going. Point the pistol around vaguely threateningly. Oh, any lighters here? I need something to lit fuse.

"Yeah, let's move. I hope she wasn't caught..."
"....What is everyone doing? My god, this unit is a real mess..."

Vanish, head out towards the tome.
After Alain grabs a lighter, the three stooges wander off towards the tomb tent. Evan leads the way, being the least conspicious person of the bunch. The way towards the tent is deserted however, and nothing noteworthy happens. The tent itself is deserted, with only a large hole leading underground. From above, the men can see that the hole goes straight down several meters, after which there's a small drop and then a stone floor. Probably the Germans dug down and cracked open the roof of one of the tunnels of the tomb. Evan, being the sneakiest of the bunch, lowers himself down and takes a peek. The tunnels are lit by oil lamps. The one the hole comes out in goes straight forward several meters before turning left. There is no movement, only eerie sounds coming from further down the tunnel. A voice, Evan suspects, and movement of several people. Though the sounds are coming in muffled and far-away, so he could be wrong. What the hell are the Germans doing in this pit?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20