Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK and OOC] [4/5 players!]  (Read 3113 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

You awoke to darkness which would be broken every second by a pulsating red light on the roof and a barr-oop sound. You are ejected from the cryopod and throw up violently as the emergency rapid defreezing chemicals work their way through your bloodstream. You stagger to your feet as everything around you lurches. As you look around, you can see others scattered around. In your current state of mind, your mind makes one connection to the blackness, red lights and lurching - danger - you have to get out of hear. You hear a creak and steam bursts out of a pipe, severely burning one of the other people in the room. An airlock opens and everyone rushes madly to it.
You find yourself in some kind of hangar with the blast doors firmly shut but dented. Still, the red lights and harsh sound cut through the blackness. Constantly, systematically. Someone knocks you over and you catch yourself on the floor. You can see some kind of watch attached to your wrist with the screen flashing 'emergency access override'
Someone shouts between the harsh sounds, "Hey, there are mechs here!"
Everybody scrambles to see. As said, a row of mechs were lined up against the wall. Nothing fancy, but there's a small amount of variation between them, and all were technically unique models.
You select a mech and strap in just before the blast door gives way and you are sent tumbling through space to the planet below...
IC

Welcome to Mechatronic survivors. This is a multiplayer play-by-post game I just made up. I was inspired by the countless survival games here as well as the countless mech games so I thought why not combine the two?

I am looking for 5 players for this. The premise is that you crashland some mechas on an unknown planet with no idea how you got there besides the general premise I showed you here. You have free choice over the mech's appearance, but powergaming it means I will increase the difficulty for everyone. Remember when you are making the mech you are using the mech was not made for your character your character has essentially stolen it from someone else.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mech gear (click to show/hide)

Mech final layout should look somewhat like this
Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)
I encourage you to be descriptive of the mech. Give it character. the left foot is branded as from a company called Hephaistos Industries yet the right is branded as NanoTrasen for example.
The lists provided are nonexhaustive and if you put something on your sheet that I approve of I will add it to the list.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:51:53 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK] [0/5]
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 09:09:49 am »

Character sheet incoming!

Pilot name: Rob Oson
Mech name/callsign: Vitruvius
Mech General Description: The mech is sleek and white. It's serial numbers don't match up, but they all seem to be for the same model. Which implies several parts have been replaced. It has two sets of arms.

Mech Sheet:
Light
1 Cockpit
1 Body
4 Arms (4 hands, 2 coil gun)
2 legs (2 feet)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:22:48 am by Roboson »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 11:39:06 am »

How much points are available?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 11:44:13 am »

YES ! A Mechbased game :D

Cooking a sheet right away.

Spoiler: Evan Dorendo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:47:13 pm by Nakéen »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 11:58:46 am »

Pilot- Alex 'Wolf' Wilcza
Occupation- Research, specialized in explosives and mechanics.
Mech name: C.H.R.U.-5
Mech description: A heavy mech. It is quite robust and appears to be designed for construction of fortifications on the battlefield. It looks worn out. The color schemes on the various parts are slightly out of sync, suggesting the mech had been repaired many times. Bullet marks can be seen on some parts. Many holes are patched, but in a carefull manner, as if someone was very caring about the machine. The bodywork is oil-stained and there is a pair of large exhausts on the rear. The design is very curious, as it possesses not two, not four, but three 'arms'. Two are in the expected positions, but the third one is mounted on top. It is obviously used as defense because it has a coil gun. The coil gun appears to be quite new. The inside of the cockpit is filled with leather, brass and old-style displays and guages. The seat is heated, and there is surprisingly good AC onboard. Seems like someone really liked this mech.

Mech equipment:
Type=heavy
Body
- Cockpit
- 3 arms
 - 1 hand
  -1 Pneumatic gripper
  -1 coilgun (top arm)
-Construction Suite
-Cargo bay
-Short-range radio
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:04:54 pm by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 12:14:13 pm »

Char sheet incoming.

Robby Denson
Mech name: There doesn't appear to be an actual factory name or serial number anywhere but someone has painted Tin Can on the inside of the cockpit.
Mechdescription the mech is of a medium weight clearly it was designed to be somewhat versatile and seems to be designed for scientists who wanted to be able to work in extreme environments, this one seems to be for volcanoes as evidenced by the scorched and blackened metal and the complete absence of paint on the machine around it and the numerous pictures of fire and lava the cockpit is adored with… the previous owner clearly had quite the sense of humor. It looks somewhat like a quadrupedal crab with the cockpit embedded in the center of the the body with a science suite installed right behind the cockpit.

Mech equipment
type=medium
4 legs
2 arms on on each side with the pneumatic gripper on the left side and the regular one on the right.
Short-range radio - Standard and can change the frequency
Allows voice-based communication within 10km
Cargo bay - 1 point
Science suite - 3 pts
Pneumatic gripper - 1 point on one hand
and regular arm and hand on the other side of the body.

Do legs and normal arms cost anything?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:44:38 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 12:39:09 pm »

Sheet cooked.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK] [1/5]
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 07:42:35 pm »

How much points are available?
6 points for light mechs, 5 for medium, 4 for heavy, which brings me to...

Heavy mechs get 4. Everyone had 5 points to spend: it costs 1 point to have a heavy and lights give you a spare point. You are 2 points over.

Character sheet incoming!

Pilot name: Rob Oson
Mech name/callsign: Vitruvius
Mech General Description: The mech is sleek and white. It's serial numbers don't match up, but they all seem to be for the same model. Which implies several parts have been replaced. It has two sets of arms.

Mech Sheet:
Light
1 Cockpit
1 Body
4 Arms (4 hands, 2 coil gun)
2 legs (2 feet)
Please include point costs in your design, it helps me manage everything. Coilguns, I forgot to say, are strictly limited to 1 per civilian mech.

Pilot- Alex 'Wolf' Wilcza
Occupation- Research, specialized in explosives and mechanics.
Mech name: C.H.R.U.-5
Mech description: A heavy mech. It is quite robust and appears to be designed for construction of fortifications on the battlefield. It looks worn out. The color schemes on the various parts are slightly out of sync, suggesting the mech had been repaired many times. Bullet marks can be seen on some parts. Many holes are patched, but in a carefull manner, as if someone was very caring about the machine. The bodywork is oil-stained and there is a pair of large exhausts on the rear. The design is very curious, as it possesses not two, not four, but three 'arms'. Two are in the expected positions, but the third one is mounted on top. It is obviously used as defense because it has a coil gun. The coil gun appears to be quite new. The inside of the cockpit is filled with leather, brass and old-style displays and guages. The seat is heated, and there is surprisingly good AC onboard. Seems like someone really liked this mech.

Mech equipment:
Type=heavy
Body
- Cockpit
- 3 arms
 - 1 hand
  -1 Pneumatic gripper 1
  -1 coilgun (top arm) 1
-Construction Suite 3
-Cargo bay 1
-Short-range radio
You're over by 2: what happens with heavy mechs is that armor or extra hull takes up point-space.

Char sheet incoming.

Robby Denson
Mech name: There doesn't appear to be an actual factory name or serial number anywhere but someone has painted Tin Can on the inside of the cockpit.
Mechdescription the mech is of a medium weight clearly it was designed to be somewhat versatile and seems to be designed for scientists who wanted to be able to work in extreme environments, this one seems to be for volcanoes as evidenced by the scorched and blackened metal and the complete absence of paint on the machine around it and the numerous pictures of fire and lava the cockpit is adored with… the previous owner clearly had quite the sense of humor. It looks somewhat like a quadrupedal crab with the cockpit embedded in the center of the the body with a science suite installed right behind the cockpit.

Mech equipment
type=medium
4 legs
Short-range radio - Standard and can change the frequency
Allows voice-based communication within 10km
Cargo bay - 1 point
Science suite - 3 pts
Pneumatic gripper - 1 point on one hand
and regular arm and hand on the other side of the body.

Do legs and normal arms cost anything?
Legs and normal arms are free until people start spamming them illogically.
Congratulations: you are ACCEPTED

Nakeen: you're 2 points over
Gwolfski: Also 2 points over
Roboson: 1 coilgun max and you have not spent all your points.

The fact everyone is 2 points over is probably my poor wording
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 07:47:17 pm »

Was expecting this :P

Sheet updated ! (removed the pneumatic gripper)

This brings me to 4 used points right ? 3 for the Science Suit and 1 for the bay.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:52:31 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 07:55:48 pm »

PTW, may post sheet
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 08:02:11 pm »

Was expecting this :P

Sheet updated ! (removed the pneumatic gripper)

This brings me to 4 used points right ? 3 for the Science Suit and 1 for the bay.
It brings you to 5 points - the mech being heavy.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 08:10:19 pm »

I see, I wasn't sure of that.
So the Heavy-Mech is limited to 4 points, with the Heavy-Mech itself included meaning I have 3 points left ? No problem with that, but I was confused seeing Gwolfski's character didn't seem to have the same Heavy point counted in.

Urg, enlighten me.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 08:10:57 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet! (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 08:16:28 pm »

So the Heavy-Mech is limited to 4 points, with the Heavy-Mech itself included meaning I have 3 points left ? No problem with that, but I was confused seeing Gwolfski's character didn't seem to have the same Heavy point counted in.

Urg, enlighten me.
Everybody has 5 points to spend on the mech. A heavy mech costs 1 point, bringing your stock down to four points. A light mech has six points because it gives you an extra one.
Heavy: 4 pts
Medium: 5 pts
Light: 6 pts

Crazy - I really don't see that mech really working. Tentacles? How is it supposed to move?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 08:17:24 pm »

Urg, enlighten me.
Everybody has 5 points to spend on the mech. A heavy mech costs 1 point, bringing your stock down to four points. A light mech has six points because it gives you an extra one.
Heavy: 4 pts
Medium: 5 pts
Light: 6 pts

Crazy - I really don't see that mech really working. Tentacles? How is it supposed to move?
That's what I thought, then I'm good to go :)
Pages: [1] 2 3