Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK and OOC] [4/5 players!]  (Read 3108 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK] [1/5]
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 08:18:40 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet! (click to show/hide)
Bolded to Point out how it would work.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK] [2/5]
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 08:35:33 pm »

Nakeen is accepted
Spoiler: Evan Dorendo (click to show/hide)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK and OOC] [2/5]
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 08:40:41 pm »

Since you don't seem to have Gotten the idea of how it would move, Think about it like this: The Mech has Several Tentacles attached to its Upper Body with Hands attached to their ends, at the Bottom it has Four Spider Like Legs To allow it to Move.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 08:54:50 pm »

Sorry but I am denying tentacle appendages - nobody in their right mind would make such a nightmare. Tentacles would require such sensitive tools to make and would be extremely weak because of all the movement machinery. I am no mechanic, but having many joints would certainly decrease the strength of the limb
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 09:02:13 pm »

IC is up - I will progress the game once 5 people are accepted.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158693.msg7041876#msg7041876

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 09:29:02 pm »

Spoiler: FIXED (click to show/hide)
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 09:38:42 pm »

Spoiler: FIXED (click to show/hide)
I'm sorry, but limbspam is not something I want. I welcome you to try something else.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 09:45:56 pm »

Spoiler: Presto Change O (click to show/hide)
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK and OOC] [3/5]
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 09:53:51 pm »

Spoiler: Presto Change O (click to show/hide)
Accepted, can you give me a more in-depth description?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 09:58:26 pm »

It is Slim With Eye Burning Pink Stripes Covering most of it, where it isn't Eye burning pink it is Eye Bleeding Yellow. It is Quite Curvy with few Sharp Edges.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 03:56:37 am »

Fine. Medium mech, but i'd gues a battlefield robot isnt civilian? So the coilgun would be free...
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK] [0/5]
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 04:01:13 am »

Pilot- Alex 'Wolf' Wilcza
Occupation- Research, specialized in explosives and mechanics.
Mech name: C.H.R.U.-5
Mech description: A heavy mech. It is quite robust and appears to be designed for construction of fortifications on the battlefield. It looks worn out. The color schemes on the various parts are slightly out of sync, suggesting the mech had been repaired many times. Bullet marks can be seen on some parts. Many holes are patched, but in a carefull manner, as if someone was very caring about the machine. The bodywork is oil-stained and there is a pair of large exhausts on the rear. The design is very curious, as it possesses not two, not four, but three 'arms'. Two are in the expected positions, but the third one is mounted on top. It is obviously used as defense because it has a coil gun. The coil gun appears to be quite new. The inside of the cockpit is filled with leather, brass and old-style displays and guages. The seat is heated, and there is surprisingly good AC onboard. Seems like someone really liked this mech.

Mech equipment:
Type=heavy Medium
Body
- Cockpit
- 3 arms
 - 1 hand
  -1 Pneumatic gripper - 1
  -1 coilgun (top arm) - Free
-Construction Suite - 3
-Cargo bay - 1
-Short-range radio
If this if fine by you then it is accepted.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 04:25:07 am »

Yeah, that is okay.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK and OOC] [4/5 players!]
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 07:48:41 am »

Since combat has started, I shall explain the mechanics.
Everybody has been deducted 1d6 HP for reentry damage. further damage from impact is 1HP for light, 2 HP for medium and 3HP for heavies.
Combat is fairly freeform. 1d6 and on a 3 or higher it is a hit with damage calculated via stats.
Some weapons have special abilities and freeform abilities. In a mech V mech battle, hydraulic/pneumatic clamps can 'pin' a part, rendering the pinning part and the pinned part useless for combat. Different combinations of pinned parts will have different effects. In a mech V flesh battle, clamps can break bones after pinning and mech hands can also pin. Two hands on one part and it unlocks something *special* like ripping a limb off.

In the game world, you will encounter animals. Some of them are hostile. However, everything has a reason it is hostile. Some are aggressive for food, some shunned by a pack or similar reasons. If anyone wants fluff on an encounter I can give further hints about it. Animals are characters too and will react to different scenarios just the same as a player character would. They will attempt to flee if they realise they can't win or some may even buy the others time by sacrificing themselves. It will be entirely possible to tame an animal, but it takes time and resources.

Killing enough will effect the chances of an encounter and gradually make a species extinct from the local area, but leave it long enough and the next generation will come back

Also as a tip, you're gonna want do something about surviving the night. Nocturnal predators can come out. Chance of an encounter is 1 in 6 chance determined by a dice roll, by that check is cancelled if you meet the prerequisites. One roll per day cycle, one roll per night cycle

Nobody is in radio range yet. Later on, research can increase range and relay towers can also be made to extend the range.

Cargo bays can store many things. Raw materials, processed materials, (living or dead) small animals, dead large animals. Dead animals rot.

MOVEMENT!
I noticed that some mechs have not defined how they moved: IF YOU DO THIS I WILL ASSUME BIPEDAL. Gwolfski, that means you.
I also need a description of how they move and are controlled. This as the main reason I denied tentacles: they seem uncontrollable without multiple people and with very limited gain. If it is bipedal, are the legs controlled by the operator's legs? I want to know how your mech is controlled, people.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Mechatronic survivors [INTEREST CHECK and OOC] [4/5 players!]
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 09:12:16 am »

My mech is either controlled with a lever like the ones on ships with an auto-balancing system, but if care is needed, manual levers and pedals are available. And yes, it is bipedal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3