Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Romomon, The Ageless Realms (Multi-race succession world)  (Read 32732 times)

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
  • Busy Being Worshiped By Alien Pagans
    • View Profile

Oh well, the only way to get rid of them is to either outrun them til its daytime or to recruit someone with you. If there is no elven joining you, try to start near a human town, the keep/meadhall usually has people that will join you.

I did one better there is actually a hamlet that belongs to this worlds only elven civilization. I usually start by training alone in the wilds because allies get in the way of training. I should be able to make this character good before he sets out because he has a place nearby to go at night. That was the idea with the forest retreat but it didn't work because elves are idiots who live in forests with no walls around them.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 01:42:24 pm by Arcturus »

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the elephant i'm using for training.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I feel like a terrible elf.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is apparently a town called "Lashedwhore"... lol

I have convinced most of the town drunks (it's a dwarf town) to join me as entertainers. I can't believe it lets me get so many. Bards are better than I thought.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:07:50 pm by Arcturus »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I expected that to be a succubus town. Last time i looked, 'whore' wasnt in the dwarven language...
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I expected that to be a succubus town. Last time i looked, 'whore' wasnt in the dwarven language...

The name actually doesn't include whore and is simply named "Meng".

I just realized Lashedwhore is a town in a forest that is refered to as steamy... Did someone actually go in and somehow edit the names so this region has perverted names or something?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 04:20:15 am by Arcturus »

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So to summarize my turn :

Fort Log Of The Group "The Bane Of Beasts"

Elf Adventurer Thaci "Sunliving"

Turn Done The Year Is 209  Here is the save for Masterwork v1.13 : http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12356
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:27:40 am by Arcturus »

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So many sluts!

You sure got some company over there!  :P

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Arcturus, any chance you had embark everywhere when you you un-retired? when you do so, it acts as if you were reclaiming the fort, causing the current residents to disappear, and other weird stuff to happen.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arcturus, any chance you had embark everywhere when you you un-retired? when you do so, it acts as if you were reclaiming the fort, causing the current residents to disappear, and other weird stuff to happen.

I don't remember. I may have, I didn't really pay attention. I will keep such things in mind in the future. I haven't actually reclaimed a fort since I played about 4 years ago and never un-retired a fort before my turn here because it wasn't a feature back then. This is probably a new bug you're referring to.

I remember the days when Toady forgot to add lungs to dragons. You would show up at a cave to fight a dragon and just end up watching the dragon lay there and suffocate after a while. Now that was a terribly entertaining bug. It would take so long for the dragon to die because they're inherently very tough.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:17:33 pm by Arcturus »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got the save! i will reclaim one of the worldgen fortress with a group of orcs
update: the whole thing is flooding now because i hit the aquifer. whoops
update 2: everyllone in the flooded fortress drowned, only survivor is a farmer.
update 3: migrants came, tried doing a cave in to fix the aquifer problem and everyllone died, just skip me
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:59:49 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Romonmon, Turn 10

Taking the save from Turn 9, un-retiring the previous dwarf fortress, Nosimdadok.  Seems the game won’t let me just step in and keep the world from Turn 9 so which is better, un-retire or go back to that previous turn?  The previous dwarf save was a wooden fortress on top of an aquifer that was troublesome, was meaning to retire that fort anyway and start again with prep for that aquifer so, un-retire with the Turn 9 save it is.  The point is to have a multi-cultural world to see if close by Orc civs are the invaders, right?

Pitiful Attempt #1:

Pitiful Attempt #2:

Pitiful Attempt #3

Alright, ready for the real Take Three.  This game is so much easier if one cheats with extra embark points … This is my first look at ‘new’ Masterwork in several releases, it’s much changed.  Meph 32 graphics but I prefer the Phoebus colors.  All civs and invaders (ON) except for werebeasts and vampires.  Nosimdadok is now a ruin.  Last time, we embarked right on top of an ambush, can that happen in a ruin?  Wasted a RL hour on that setup.  And … this time we embarked as Orcs.  Clearly, there’s a lot of this ‘first time’ stuff I’m getting wrong.  Lancers, remember to embark as Lancers, the dwarf civ that isn’t just hanging on by a thread.  And …

Attempt #4, successful:

60 points??  That’s it?  Sheesh.  OK, selling back, mostly as above, not writing all that down again.  Mostly the same, elephants offered this time, still only cats for vermin control.  Still only cheap wood implements to sell back.  But only 5 of the starting seven are losers this time, hey!  2 great copper axes.  Two-handers = no shield.  108 each, that’s a lot.  What are the odds of walking again directly into an ambush?  Wiki says they’re pretty good, actually.  Might be prepped meals in barrels, fingers crossed.  This bunch has NOBODY inclined to be a good gatherer, except Bookie.  It’s been a long time since I’ve reclaimed a fortress, taking a moment to read the Wiki.  So, there might be animals?  ‘Conserved tasks’ remain; what’s that about?  Expecting stuff, good stuff.  And lots of housecleaning.  “Murky pools are refilled”; well, we have an aquifer problem, likely unchanged.  Remember to un-profile any workshops.  Different plants offered, still taking strawberries.  One great axe.  Two basic picks.  Saving this time as Profile 1.  Here goes --

9th Malachite 109, mid-Summer
Wow.  Many surprises, Day One.  First, there is lots of stuff here.  Tons of stuff.  All of it is made of wood, an embarrassment to dwarven kind.  But with an aquifer and no visible stone, it’s understandable make do.  We have guests and what looks like a visiting dwarven caravan but three hostile dwarves (?) along with that loaded wagon.  In mid summer?  We came with two elephants pulling our wagon (!) but both female.  Then,

“Ambush!  Drive them out!”   What were initially the three hostiles are now six including – Woody?  Is that you?  What the hell, dude, this fort was claimed and abandoned to ruin, didn’t you get the memo? 

Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Pathetic Attempts #s 5, 6, and 7

Geshudarros,  ForestThrowers.  Ugh, sounds Elvish.  Should have checked that name. 
Details:

Storyline
The election was rigged.  It had to be!  Bookie had points in record keeping, appraisal, intent judgment, diagnosing AND a point in leadership!  And it was her time, dammit!  Still, the dwarves elected Adil Ing as Expedition Leader.  A total clown, no experience, little willpower, difficulty with words, an atrocious spatial sense and only adequate skill in leatherwork .  Bookie was a nice dwarf, outgoing, creative, amazing intellect … OK so she was a little weak but so what?  [note to self: this can happen when embarking with a saved Profile and not checking the stats; Adil got the military skills meant for Axe and also seems to have unexpectedly picked up Poet and Speaker, somehow.]  Well, there would be an election for Mayor someday.  Adil just stands around grumbling about drinking without her cup and Bookie wasn’t about to let anyone forget it.  But for now, the good news about the aquifer problem averted drowned out everything else in FortressChuckers so she went back to updating inventory records. 
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Glad to see this start back up. Had fun playing a part of it
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Wait, this was a Turn 9 save, any chance somebody drained the aquifer?  Nah, I checked DFHack before entering my sig at the beginning of this game turn; there were many commands given earlier but not that one.  I should double check that –   

Details:

That sand is a very bright yellow with Phoebus colors --

Storyline:
The mood in this place is not good.  Not from Bookie’s point of view, anyway.  The new migrants have all fallen into line behind the usurper, Adil as Expedition Leader.  Bookie was grudgingly forced to admit the pretender was at least marginally competent but, still!  “This is a young fortress,” she reminded herself.  “My time will come.”  Shaking her head to clear it of the dark thoughts, she went back to sewing up Doren’s open leg. 

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Details: (short, this time)

Story line, Doren’s tale:

It was a day that had started like most any other in ForestChuckers.  Doren was one of the Original Seven, the Herbalist and Plant Gatherer but the cooks had plenty of stocks and he had been smelting iron bars when the alarm sounded.  Doren’s axe and shield were always within reach and he had sprinted up the stairs and outside with them as dwarves scrambled in panic for shelter behind the massive front doors of stone.  A werebeast!  The damn thing was right outside!  And HUGE.  Covered in quills.  Covered in blood from … something, he couldn’t tell what and it didn’t matter.  With a screaming cry for Armok and to Lumash, the goddess of Victory, he began swinging his axe.  The thing was fast!  This was nothing like the many lemur monkeys or animalmen he’d faced before in these Untamed Wilds, this was a crazed beast with better skills than his own.  His wooden shield saved him from the quick attacks and he managed to wound it several times with swings that would have ended the fight against any normal enemy but, this thing was fast!  Doren dodged and used his shield for what seemed an eternity but must have been only seconds when he felt the beast’s teeth on his left shoulder.  Off-balance and going down with the beast on top of him, a final desperate swing of his axe had sent the enemy’s head flying and it was over.  Doren raised himself and looked around but he was alone, the fight finished before any others had arrived and some of the slower dwarves and livestock still scrambling out of the way.  He was still breathing heavily and giving thanks to Lumash when the order arrived: “Report to Room 117, immediately.”  That was certainly quick, but Doren took his gear and made his way down to the residence level and the room at the end of the hallway marked 117.  This was a new area and Doren noticed with dwarven pride the smooth walls and craftsdwarfmanship that had recently dug this level from the rough stone.  Room 117 had only a bed and a large pot of ale inside, he noticed, before he heard the click of the door locking behind him.  What the hell ...?  He was exhilarated with his victory and already somewhat inebriated (it was almost noon, after all) but now locked in a room without orders and … well, there was that pot of ale.  A message was then slipped under the locked door.  Doren could read – not all dwarves could but he was one of the Original Seven and that skill was given to each of them prior to arrival – and he read the orders consisting of a single word, “Remain.”  That’s all?  Remain? 

Sound echoes and carries a long ways underground and from within his locked room, Doren could hear the priests somewhere dedicating that first, no-name prayer room as a new Temple to Lumash, the deity of Victory and Fortresses.               
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15