Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Romomon, The Ageless Realms (Multi-race succession world)  (Read 32730 times)

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wow! Losing the wood cutter/worker so early is annoying. :/
Well nice story so far tho. Seems like !FUN! striked you already.  :P

BTW, i figured how to get a feeew more fps to make it at least playable.
So if noone else wants, i would like to try Fortressing after Waistcoats is done. *claims*
:D

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something untoward has occurred. Through my own forgetfulness, I accidentally deleted the save for the fortress I'd built. Never fear, I've re-downloaded the save. and for all intents and purposes everything will be about the same. I'll build a new Orcish fortress and have the save up by the end of my time as expected. My own fault, and my own issue.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Oh wow! Losing the wood cutter/worker so early is annoying. :/
Why? To me they seem easily replaceable. I can soon get 100 wood from a dabbling wood-cutter, so why is it annoying to lose one? also, did you actually have someone who only cuts trees?
Seriously, woodcutting just seems like a profession that I can simply give my soldier before I get a barracks, then occasionally have a Hauler do it when trees are blocking the places I'm putting walls.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The wood cutter was also a carpenter, wood burner and had an assortment of crafting skills.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

The wood cutter was also a carpenter, wood burner and had an assortment of crafting skills.
I would much rather describe my dwarf(or orc in this case) as a carpenter than a woodcutter, because I would only have my carpenter do carpentry, while anyone is fit to cut some trees down.

Unrelated:I myself don't have enough time to be the judge, but I really think someone should make a Rise OF The Mushroom Kingdom community fortress
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 02:54:55 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My Woodcutter is always also my Woodworker (Carpentry, Woodcrafting) in the beginning.
And in that case it sucks to loose him/her in the beginning. Tho i can understand the misunderstanding.
Thats why i said woodcutter/worker tho.  :P

Mushroom Kingdom sounds neat, but how would you imagine it? And what civ?

*imagining Plump Helmet Men living in a Castle made out of Fungus* 

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A Plump Helmet man civilization would be rather amusing. Starting in a pre-existing fortress, spawning in the first cavern and gradually infiltrating. Basically impossible, but fun to think of.

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Orcs of this new adventure were ill suited to their task, sent to establish a foothold in the northern forests, and to build a foundry suitable for the arming of the warbands. Not an Artiasan among them, the unruly collection of Urukhai, Snaga and Ologhai did not seem the right sort for such a burden, but they would prove a tenacious, devoted and skillful lot. They arrived in the closing days of winter, and began deforesting the sparse plains in order to begin production of charcoal in earnest. They built, first, a simple hut on the surface out of wood, that would later expand into a watchtower, to cover the delving mineshaft below.

Far, far under the earth, a cavern was found, composed of schist, bauxite, and a massive amount of magnetite, promising easy production of metals. The ragtag band dug straight into the cavern, sealed their section off from the monsters of the deep, and watched cautiously at the shore of the dark underground lake. They would almost hollow out a pillar of the cavern, filling it with workshops, foundries, and even a large scale factory. The excavation of magnetite was swift, and with it came an abundance of equipment, as the entire expedition was armed with at least an atlatl and an iron breastplate, while the primary fighters gained scimitars. This long production process would be interrupted by two of the denizens of the cavern, before the people were armed and defended.

Out of the darkness came first two massive bats, which were clubbed to death with bare hands, only injuring one unfortunate snaga cook, and then came a huge, monstrous crocodile. This beast was crushed, over and over, by the resident Olog, Latuul, and beaten to death by the savagely violent residents, mostly unarmed and unarmoured. Soon after that, the weapons were finished, and a huge wave of migrants arrived, packing the little pillar-foundry to the brim with industry, fed by massive, mass slaughtered squigs, and producing huge amounts of iron, meat and leather, to feed the growing war machine of the Hell of Toads, and perhaps further expansion north.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The fort went rather well, just a simple delve down to the cavern and a few months mining, making furniture and building a functional army to fight off the endless cave creatures. It was good fun.
Here's the Save

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh nice! Glad you had fun. So i assume your fort still exist? I was planing to play for 1-2 ingame years if thats alright.

I'm wondering if the OP is still active? Feels a little abandoned here tbh.

Anyway, grabbing the save so: Got the save! Playing now!
(Might be done by tomorrow)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

take as much time as you want, no one else id really playing...
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Waistcoats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fort is still active, if you can find it. Just a note, there is a heavily injured Orc outside the front of the fort, that got savaged by both giant bats and a cave crocodile. Her hip has been destroyed, and I think she's lost most of her leg. I tried to treat her, but nothing seemed to work, so she's just there as crocodile bait and because it's rather inconvenient to move her. I'd suggest, unless you can get her healed, that you move her down to the second cavern.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Mushroom Kingdom sounds neat, but how would you imagine it? And what civ?

*imagining Plump Helmet Men living in a Castle made out of Fungus* 
A Plump Helmet man civilization would be rather amusing. Starting in a pre-existing fortress, spawning in the first cavern and gradually infiltrating. Basically impossible, but fun to think of.
You do not realize Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom is a mod, do you? Although, I do like the idea of a Plump Helmet civilization.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, im done.

The unspectacular dawn of Fort Alatughoshak (Wereclasp) of the civilization Guurbaiazguuk (The Uncertain Horror).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well the fort is still active but pretty doomed, i thought it would be funny to just retire it since everyone was wounded at the end anyway.
So if anyone wants to retire it, be warned!
I had fun tho.
Anyway, here is the save: Turn Complete! (19th Hermatite) Save here!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Got the Save! Gonna un-retire... wereclasp?.. a place destroyed by a wererabbit is named wereclasp?
What version should I use? what race and civ is Wereclasp?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah after writing this i realized how it was ment to be, haha.

Anyway i used the newest Masterwork version, the race is Orcs and thier Civ is "Guurbaiazguuk (The Uncertain Horror).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15