Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Howdy, I'm New Here !  (Read 6707 times)

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Howdy, I'm New Here !
« on: June 03, 2016, 03:13:31 pm »

Howdy Folks, I am Sollision. I'm a long time player of Dwarf Fortress but never took the time to get involved in the forums or the reddit really.
Anywho, I've started a little youtube series on DF; where should I post it around here? Every board is pretty specific.
yikes

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy, I'm New Here !
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:18:03 pm »

Hi and welcome to the lower forums.

You are probably looking for "play with your buddies" in "Other games" if it's an Lp.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 03:22:43 pm »

Hi and welcome to the lower forums.

You are probably looking for "play with your buddies" in "Other games" if it's an Lp.

It says:
"Play With Your Buddies
Let's Play!, live streams and other non-DF video game play-alongs go here."

"Non-DF" so I don't know. Might just throw it in DF General Discussion maybe?
yikes

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 03:47:38 pm »

naming your thread "Howdy, I'm [name]" is really just asking for Undertale references :v

I'd go with DF: GD or DF: fort mode, myself. DF: GD is a pretty slow board, while fort mode is probably the fastest one that isn't somewhere in FGRP ) (which doesn't coun)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 03:50:36 pm »

This is... what, the second such thread in the span of a few (2?) years? grisha5
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 03:54:18 pm »

I think maybe DF Community Games/Stories? I think I've seen a couple of solo LPs there.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 03:59:23 pm »

naming your thread "Howdy, I'm [name]" is really just asking for Undertale references :v

Hey, in this world, it's kill or be killed.
yikes

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 04:05:31 pm »

Crosspost on all of them? I'd recommend it, there're some DF things that get much less attention than they would otherwise, by dint of being in a tiny DF subboard.
One wheel short of a wagon

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »

If you're doing a DF series, that's by community games and stories. Also, welcome to the forums.

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 04:08:24 pm »

Crosspost on all of them? I'd recommend it, there're some DF things that get much less attention than they would otherwise, by dint of being in a tiny DF subboard.

Like posting the same thing on a bunch of different boards? That's even allowed?
yikes

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 04:11:24 pm »

Hi! im moony, i hope you dont mind the fact i made the earth collapse on itself in the ''Roll for the player above you'' thread in forumgame's roll to dodge subsection ^_^, anyways welcome to bay12, i hope you enjoy your stay!

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 04:13:11 pm »

Hi! im moony, i hope you dont mind the fact i made the earth collapse on itself in the ''Roll for the player above you'' thread in forumgame's roll to dodge subsection ^_^, anyways welcome to bay12, i hope you enjoy your stay!
Ya know, I saw the RTD board, but I have no idea how it works or anything. But GG on collapsing the world and thanks, I will enjoy my stay. ;D
yikes

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 04:20:00 pm »

Ya know, I saw the RTD board, but I have no idea how it works or anything. But GG on collapsing the world and thanks, I will enjoy my stay. ;D
Evening I'm ATH and rtd is basically games where a 1d6 is rolled for most of the game mechanics I reccomend trying one and also check on forum games and roleplay it's real fun! If you need anything at all on me
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:34:08 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 04:35:42 pm »

RTD and Forum Games and Roleplaying are all sort of about playing roleplaying games, play-by-post, sometimes they're hosted in real-time, if you're into that sort of thing. From my observations, it looks like the busiest part of the forums. It's worth checking out.

Oh, and hello, welcome.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 04:46:01 pm »

Like posting the same thing on a bunch of different boards? That's even allowed?
Well... a quick post in one board advertising the thread in an other would be fine for sure. Mods here tend not to worry much about stuff like that anyway: they only look at suggestions, reported posts and in the case of Fg&rp mods, their own subboards.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: [1] 2 3