Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 189150 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Planes, are they all just daemons in disguise?
« Reply #465 on: July 05, 2016, 12:27:51 am »

Vincent:
[charisma 2] hello Mr.Daemon we were just coming into to fly you around since we just bought you from this one salesman. Do you mind The daemon pauses one second before screaming  YES ah shit.

((Damn it work, making me miss everything.))

Since we'll have a Heavy Daemon kit, enchant Groo's katana with a suitable daemon.

Then, in regards to the plane situation:

Handle it with my +3 Daemonism if we don't have anybody charismatic enough to placate the plane. Handle it by calming it down or making frequencies to make it happy and mellow, like the soundwave version of cannabis. Only if the plane is going to kill us, though. Otherwise let others handle it and stay quiet. If the cannabis frequency works, then try to tame the daemon.

Cackling about having the daemon kit you set to work first the katana must be infused with the right alloy of metal and taking the small smelting kit you combine the katanas metal with the daemon frequency metal. Then you go about setting the right frequency in order to call the daemon from the ether [daemoism 3+3=6] you would nearly melt the katana with the vibrations but luckily your training kicks in an and you change the frequency before the the katana snaps in two. When the resonance treatment is done you examine the blade listening for the tell tale hum of a daemon residing within. Well, the blade looks sharper than the normal store bought one and the daemon seems a little hungrier but aside from that it looks good. Smiling you hand the blade over to Groo who happily accepts.

walking over to the plane again you hear a resonant YES followed by a lot of very creative cursing of Vincents and the shouts of SWEET CHRISTMAS as Doomguy, Adrian and Vincent run like hell away from the plane. Seems like it time for the relaxing frequency setting your channel to 420 Hz [dameonism 6+3=9] [daemon roll 6+4=10] You vigorisully offer weed over the airwaves but it seems the daemon is clean and seems to be angrier now that you just tried to push some weed onto it. Having no other option you grab the heavy daemon kit's away kit and head towards the daemon [dex 2] [daemon metal manipulation 6] You runs towards the daemon infused plane but are caught flat footed when the side of the plane suddenly extends forward with terrifying velocity, you try to dive out of the way but the daemon clearly expected that move and shifts the metal slightly so that you still get hit by it. The force of the blow smashes you along the hard concert of the airfield and sends you tumbling along as though you had just been in motorbike crash. [resilience 2] all 4 of your major limbs were broken and your pretty sure that you broke at least 3 ribs You are also missing the skin on your back and have a lot internal bleeding. [resilience 1] Groaning you close your eyes and pass out.

Groo gasps upon seeing this man.  Then, Groo does a flying tackle-hug into him.

"RUFFERTOOOO!"
Rufferto looks surprised and pleased to see Groo, but Groo is unsurprisingly fast, and Rufferto doesn't have time to say anything before being tackled, and presumably the events of the next turn occur.
Events which, by the sound of IRC, are going to be catastrophic! Look forward to that!
Groo slams into you and you both go down in a tangle of limbs. What a good friend your pretty sure he didn't even break any ribs this time.

Elbow Vincent in the ribs to get him to negotiate. If he fails or refuses;

((Damn it work, making me miss everything.))

Handle it with my +3 Daemonism if we don't have anybody charismatic enough to placate the plane. Handle it by making the daemon my bitch, that is. Only if the plane is going to kill us, though. Otherwise let others handle it and stay quiet.
[ASSIST]

Groo gasps upon seeing this man.  Then, Groo does a flying tackle-hug into him.

"RUFFERTOOOO!"

Edit: Formally saying that I want to unbuy the daemon mace, and give fifteen of the resultant coins to Beirus, so that he can upgrade his kit into a professional kit.  The remaining five coins go toward buying a katana and the materials to enchant it.

[dex 5] [strength 6] [Ruferto resiliance 6] Groo slams into Ruferto like a runway extremely happy train, and hugs him a little bit to tightly luckily Ruferto is used to these "hugs" and shows no sign of discomfit from Groo's bone crushing embrace.

EVERYONE:
The daemon is clearly a little pissed off with all of this and quickly begins to twist and morph becoming a 4 armed humanoid figure with numerous turrets embedded in one pair of hands, and a sword and shield in the other pair of hand. Not to mention the ungodly amount of noise that's emanating from it.

This could become a problem.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:46:34 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Planes, are they all just Daemons in disguise?
« Reply #466 on: July 05, 2016, 12:40:04 am »

"Rookies".

Doomguy grabs vincent, and walks over to the pile of gear that is the professional kit.

"Make a deal with it"

Doomguy then grabs the kit and throws it away from the plane.

"Something about us not fucking with it if it doesn't fuck with us."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 05, 2016, 01:19:27 am »

Back off head for highground,
If talking fails do following.
aim for knee joint then sprint away perpendicular to the creature

Adrian would run back trying to find higher ground screaming out
Doom guy, folow me, aim where I aim, shoot when I shoot. Holefully together we can cripple it. Rest of you fan out and keep apart, aim for joins on legs and shoulders first.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:04:20 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 05, 2016, 02:01:08 am »

"... Fine, I'll handle it."
Rufferto walks out into the open where the demon can see him.

"Hey, I'm sorry it ended up like this. Surely we can all just calm down a little and talk about this."
Reason with the monster!

((Spaz! No shooting until we talk!))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 05, 2016, 04:09:45 am »

Try to wake up. If everyone else fails, try the 420 frequency again if I can manage with the last of my strength. Hope someone gets me to a hospital.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 05, 2016, 10:43:59 am »

Just so everyone knows where they are, Vincent Doomguy and Adrian are all in hiding in a hanger that is a little ways away from the Daemon. Groo and Ruferto, you two are currently sheltering behind a service truck. Damian is currently in a pool of blood, in the middle of the runway. The heavy daemon kit's away kit is also lying away from Damian but is also still on the runway.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:03:08 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 05, 2016, 01:14:10 pm »

Try to wake up. If everyone else fails, try the 420 frequency again if I can manage with the last of my strength. Hope someone gets me to a hospital.

((All four of your limbs are broken, but you're still trying to get the daemon mech high?  Points for persistence, I suppose.))

"Rufferto!  Groo missed you so much, thought you died!  Groo found cool stuff, like katana and--Oh!  Groo show you shiny Groo found in park!"

Oblivious to the the daemon mech, Groo runs off, dragging Rufferto with him.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 05, 2016, 03:55:02 pm »

"It's good to see you too, friend, but can it wait for a minute? I need to fix our plane."
Try to slip out of Groo's grasp.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 05, 2016, 11:13:08 pm »

"Rookies".

Doomguy grabs vincent, and walks over to the pile of gear that is the professional kit.

"Make a deal with it"

Doomguy then grabs the kit and throws it away from the plane.

"Something about us not fucking with it if it doesn't fuck with us."

You grab Vincent's semi comatose form and attempt to force words out his mouth. Suddenly he speaks [charisma 3] Or well he would speak but instead he suddenly collapses in a heap and thin stream of drool comes out of his, mouth…that wasn't very useful.

Back off head for highground,
If talking fails do following.
aim for knee joint then sprint away perpendicular to the creature

Adrian would run back trying to find higher ground screaming out
Doom guy, folow me, aim where I aim, shoot when I shoot. Holefully together we can cripple it. Rest of you fan out and keep apart, aim for joins on legs and shoulders first.

[int 1] This sounds like a great idea, you aim your rifle at the daemons knee [marksmanship 5] The bullet puts a neat little hole in the left knee of the mecha and does absolutely nothing else. the daemon shifts it's gaze from the prone Damian to you and your friends. Crap.

[resiliance 6] You wake up suddenly and feel no pain...thats' probably the shock setting in [resilience 6] grunting you attempt to roll towards the ddaemon box [eery limb broken -3 to effective skill dex 1] You completely fail to get close to the box and instead are left screaming in the same pool of blood you were in before.

[1 turn before bleed out]

((All four of your limbs are broken, but you're still trying to get the daemon mech high?  Points for persistence, I suppose.))

"Rufferto!  Groo missed you so much, thought you died!  Groo found cool stuff, like katana and--Oh!  Groo show you shiny Groo found in park!"

Oblivious to the the daemon mech, Groo runs off, dragging Rufferto with him.

"It's good to see you too, friend, but can it wait for a minute? I need to fix our plane."
Try to slip out of Groo's grasp.

[strength 4] [Rufferto strength 1] Oblivious to his friends request, Groo easilly maintains his hold on rufferto as he runs along the runaway back towards the city of Detroit.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 05, 2016, 11:22:54 pm »

Sprint away from the plane and towards the exit of the hangar in a winding zigzag motion, then move to the right and torwards cover. once Doom guy has it distracted pop out and aim for the head
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:34:27 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 05, 2016, 11:28:58 pm »

"Rip and Tear!"

Sprint up to it while it's aiming at Spaz and dive through the legs, crotchstabbing with the chainsaw.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 06, 2016, 12:25:28 am »

Get dragged while making halfhearted complaint. It's not like I wanted to talk to that thing really.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 06, 2016, 12:30:11 am »

((I fucking hate Dex rolls.))

Try again. Or try using the vibrations of my screams to the same effect. Or just die so Damien can take my place.

And here's my character sheet for Damien:
The exact same as Damian and Damion, but with orange eyes. His inventory includes a daemon knife, with the extra 5 tokens going towards making the knife stronger to contain a stronger daemon.

Damien action if you'll let me do that:
420 frequency all the way.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 06, 2016, 12:44:56 am »

((try a diffferent frequency going from 8404, 867, 530, 900, 812, 134, 666))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 128