Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: One Space (One Piece in Space RPG OOC, GET OUT OF THE OCC AND IN GAME!)  (Read 25278 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: One Space (One Piece in Space RPG OOC, Accepting Sheetaroonies!)
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2016, 01:45:12 pm »

Piracy isn't an occupation, it's a way of life!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2016, 03:32:43 pm »

Aight, so a few Survey questions;

Is anyone upset if at any time their character is altered, for reasons to be specified if they come up, for the purpose of Salt-Prevention, and utilizing rare techniques such as "Communication" and "Reasonable behavior" and "Collaboration"?

Is anyone upset, considering the nature of this system, if Players are given Blocks at appropriate moments, rather than generically at Level Up segments? Explain a plan to gain a block via your own means before attempting it, and things will go over much smoother, such as training for any reason, constructing something in the ship basement, or otherwise Attempting a montage or background thing of any kind, otherwise, I plan to give blocks during moments where the character attempts something previously irrelevant to their character, or New, but based in things they already are capable of.

Lastly, is anyone upset with the fact that, because of how fast paced this system is, that One Turn is closer to a whole chapter of combat, and that player turns should reflect that they will be doing a lot more than one attack in a turn, and dealing with only one roll to determine of they succeed or fail the total sum of attacks by some measure?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2016, 03:34:53 pm »

I'm noy going to complain.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2016, 03:35:17 pm »

Not going to complain.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2016, 03:39:53 pm »

In order:

Nope, don't mind. In most cases I'd consider it an RP opportunity.

That seems interesting, although you may want to limit how many blocks players can game per "chapter", since one can only do so much in a given timeframe.

It's your system, that's what we're signing up for. You may want to let players do things to put the odds a bit more in their favor; there should be a reason for preparation and detail in actions.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2016, 03:40:02 pm »

Aight, so a few Survey questions;

Is anyone upset if at any time their character is altered, for reasons to be specified if they come up, for the purpose of Salt-Prevention, and utilizing rare techniques such as "Communication" and "Reasonable behavior" and "Collaboration"?

Is anyone upset, considering the nature of this system, if Players are given Blocks at appropriate moments, rather than generically at Level Up segments? Explain a plan to gain a block via your own means before attempting it, and things will go over much smoother, such as training for any reason, constructing something in the ship basement, or otherwise Attempting a montage or background thing of any kind, otherwise, I plan to give blocks during moments where the character attempts something previously irrelevant to their character, or New, but based in things they already are capable of.

Lastly, is anyone upset with the fact that, because of how fast paced this system is, that One Turn is closer to a whole chapter of combat, and that player turns should reflect that they will be doing a lot more than one attack in a turn, and dealing with only one roll to determine of they succeed or fail the total sum of attacks by some measure?

I'm going to riot, complain, conquer several third-world nations, and cause random explosions if a single hair of my character is altered or if someone gets a portion of a block outside of level up or one per attack isn't followed.

I'm fine with it, it will be interesting to see how this system works and it looks like you used it enough to know how to work it :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2016, 03:45:49 pm »

it'll be fine with me, i guess
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2016, 03:50:44 pm »

Block limitations are closer to Block tendencies, fitting with the anime theme, if you are falling behind, that is your chance to very easily gain blocks rapidly, putting you in the spotlight from the background.

The better off you are, the less reason you have to need a new block.

Aight, Everyone mind reposting their sheet for ease of Collection/Final review?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2016, 03:51:35 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2016, 03:51:59 pm »

Same with everyone above, I have no problem with anything you stated.

I believe in the GM.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2016, 03:53:15 pm »

By the way, should I PM you about Lena's family in more detail, or do you want more freedom to just make stuff up?

EDIT: I'll just do that. Why not.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:24:07 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2016, 03:53:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2016, 03:54:31 pm »

Is anyone upset if at any time their character is altered, for reasons to be specified if they come up
It might mess up my plans, but no problem. I'll compromise if that happens.

Is anyone upset, considering the nature of this system, if Players are given Blocks at appropriate moments, rather than generically at Level Up segments? Explain a plan to gain a block via your own means before attempting it
I actually have a ready pyramid planned up to two T4 blocks. I could PM it if you'd like.

Question: is there a T5 of blocks?

Lastly, is anyone upset with the fact that, because of how fast paced this system is, that One Turn is closer to a whole chapter of combat
I'm more than happy that conflicts will be solved quickly.

Aight, Everyone mind reposting their sheet for ease of Collection/Final review?
Spoiler: Sirius (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 03:57:28 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2016, 03:55:01 pm »

Spoiler: Felix (click to show/hide)

I kinda wanted to add a more detailed description, but couldn't think of anything :0.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 03:56:43 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2016, 03:55:28 pm »

i havent actually finished mine

gimme, like, half an hour
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21