Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: One Space (One Piece in Space RPG OOC, GET OUT OF THE OCC AND IN GAME!)  (Read 25318 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: One Space (One Piece in Space RPG OOC, Accepting Sheetaroonies!)
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2016, 12:28:00 am »

Can we agree that spoilers are to be accurate?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2016, 01:30:59 am »

I never watched One Piece, but I know the premise and I've overheard a few plot points from friends talking about it.

Sheet incoming.

Spoiler: Sirius (click to show/hide)

E: Fixed typo.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:11:39 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2016, 01:55:46 am »

Oh, hey, this is a thing.

I'll make a sheet later, probably.

Edit: regarding who has and hasn't watched One Piece, I got up to... Around the arc where they fight that one Caesar Clown person, I think? Where the island was split into two between one side that was always on fire and one covered in snow and ice and blizzards.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:36:12 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2016, 06:17:33 am »

I didn't mean you specifically, I just meant in general. I'd do it if I had the rulebook/wasn't planning a Magical Girl (or Magical Person, since there seem to be votes for allowing male characters in the thread I first mentioned it) game.
Of course, I understood it was generally addressed to everyone. But I wanted to state that I would really love to run a Maid RPG game here.

I really want to, sigh. This game is so much condensed greatness that I feel sad for those who never tried it.
I haven't played it, but it sounds hilarious from what I've read online. Hence me wanting to play it despite not owning the rulebook.

Do...do you just spend your days reading about games and anime, instead of playing them  ???. The Maid RPG PDF is 6$.
I spend a lot of time on TvTropes, which is where I hear and read about some things. I do actually watch things sometimes, of course :P

EDIT: So what sort of technology is there in this setting, at least in regards to indoors weapons. Are we using basically real life weapons, or are we using plasma revolvers or stuff like that?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:25:00 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2016, 10:04:05 am »

Oh, hey, this is a thing.

I'll make a sheet later, probably.

Edit: regarding who has and hasn't watched One Piece, I got up to... Around the arc where they fight that one Caesar Clown person, I think? Where the island was split into two between one side that was always on fire and one covered in snow and ice and blizzards.

Yay! You are only an arc or two behind, there is only a little bit revealed about the actual world at large in the next few ones.

I didn't mean you specifically, I just meant in general. I'd do it if I had the rulebook/wasn't planning a Magical Girl (or Magical Person, since there seem to be votes for allowing male characters in the thread I first mentioned it) game.
Of course, I understood it was generally addressed to everyone. But I wanted to state that I would really love to run a Maid RPG game here.

I really want to, sigh. This game is so much condensed greatness that I feel sad for those who never tried it.
I haven't played it, but it sounds hilarious from what I've read online. Hence me wanting to play it despite not owning the rulebook.

Do...do you just spend your days reading about games and anime, instead of playing them  ???. The Maid RPG PDF is 6$.
I spend a lot of time on TvTropes, which is where I hear and read about some things. I do actually watch things sometimes, of course :P

EDIT: So what sort of technology is there in this setting, at least in regards to indoors weapons. Are we using basically real life weapons, or are we using plasma revolvers or stuff like that?

The example character had an apparently normal sword, so its possible it has the same "all over da place" type technology as OP.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2016, 12:23:45 pm »

Hmm... Hm.

What roles have been filled so far as the crew goes, actually?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2016, 12:25:04 pm »

By the way, how many players?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2016, 12:43:31 pm »

Hmm... Hm.

What roles have been filled so far as the crew goes, actually?

Party/crew wise, we could probably use a medic/doctor :-/.

Currently:

Captain/First Mate: No clue. (Kyle/Felix seem to fit here, if nowhere else :P.)
Engineers/Ship wrights: Harry/Sirius
Sword(wo)man: Lena
Chef: Devaro

PL-4T3 would probably be our Robin :P.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2016, 12:45:30 pm »

Lena could also fit into the captain or first mate roles, due to the whole being an actual pirate thing and having knowledge of space travel, beyond the basics.
Sigtext!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2016, 12:46:01 pm »

Yay TVTropes !

I do admit that Devaro has some small... similarities with Sanji in a way ?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2016, 12:49:32 pm »

Lena could also fit into the captain or first mate roles, due to the whole being an actual pirate thing and having knowledge of space travel, beyond the basics.

I didn't check your block, and seeing as how your backstory is one half-finished sentence I didn't have a lot to work with  :P. Really, anyone could fit into the captain/first mate roll, those two are the only ones who wouldn't really fit in any *other* roll. Zoro is probably the closest thing to a First Mate in the series, and he is also the swordsman.

Yay TVTropes !

I do admit that Devaro has some small... similarities with Sanji in a way ?

I mostly meant he is the only one who knows how to cook, being a butler and all :P. But yeah, he is a little like Sanji, due to liking little lollies.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2016, 12:51:29 pm »

I've finished the sheet now.
Sigtext!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2016, 12:58:12 pm »

Harry could tinker up a healing device and PL-4T3 has alchemical stuff. Beyond that, anyone can probably heal themself if no other with enough creativity and anime logic.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2016, 01:04:10 pm »

Harry could tinker up a healing device and PL-4T3 has alchemical stuff. Beyond that, anyone can probably heal themself if no other with enough creativity and anime logic.
Not in One Piece, no. There was even a whole arc about how not having a doctor screwed the main characters over and shit, IIRC.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2016, 01:08:47 pm »

What Blitz said. Zoro tried healing himself, and he was pretty much always at a major disadvantage until they got a proper doctor. We don't know what alchemy actually does (because Sanure made it up whole cloth  :-\) and a healing device isn't something an entire party can rely on when we really, really need it. Its just that parties without dedicated healers seldom last long, and we need a medic more than we need (for example) a musician.

*Edit*

Also, I guess Kyle/Felix could fit in the "sniper" role, too.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:11:29 pm by Stirk »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21