Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: SPACETIME YOGAQUEST - Turn 3.7 - update 16th Feb  (Read 27402 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: YOGASPACE QUESTTIME - Turn 1.8
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2016, 03:02:39 pm »

A SMALL TOWN IN LATE TWENTIETH CENTURY AMERICA… APPROXIMATELY EIGHTEEN HUNDRED AND TWO HOURS

Turn 1.8

Put clothes back on. Then casually make my way down the street away from the house, in order to not attract the attention of the communist driver to what my mates are doing at the house

"Oh, I'm sorry sir. For a second there I thought I was in America, the land of the free. Used to be in my poppa's day when a man got stabbed in the crotch he could check it for damage without someone threatening to call the police on him. Go ahead, call up the man and let them take away your freedom. You communist."

”Uh, oh yeah. Sorry boy, you're right you know... I don't know what came over me... Must have been the shock of nearly killing that damn fool boy, I...”

[4] A functioning crotch and frequent checking of said crotch being a sign of freedom, the man doesn't call up the man, and gets back into his car, shuts the door, and starts up the ignition. He drives off, as Richard walks the other way, and -

Sprint around the block and come in through the back.

BAM!

[6, Fisk rtd 4, Car rtd 1] The driver accelerates off, only for Fisk to run straight in front of him again. The driver swerves right hard and smashes into one of the parked cars lining the side of the road, which almost immediately bursts into smoke, almost as if it might explode or something pretty soon.

Fisk keeps running; the furious driver leaps out of his car and chases after him.

After a minute or two Fisk is round the block and can see the back of the Jackson residence just yards away. Turning round, he can also see a sweaty middle aged man closing in on him!

Mr. Jackson is distracted! Use the opportunity to sneak into the house.

"Uhh..."

[4] Jarvis Palkin wasn't kicked out of the school oratory team for nothing, you know! But if he'd been a member of the school ninjutsu team he probably wouldn't have been kicked out – he's an expert! As Mr Jackson struggles with the inner turmoil of living years with a wife who could just throw an entire turkey away into the trash only days after throwing an entire chicken away into the trash just because she got the marinade wrong or something who knows Chad Jackson is too manly to know about that kind of thing goddammit I work all day and she just fills the trash can with chickens and stuff willynilly that's my turkey that is that I paid for with the sweat of my own two hands I should go in there and make everyone eat the damn thing, raw or not wait, this one doesn't even have any marinade on it, dammit does she just buy birds to stuff in the trash can just to spite me or what, hmm, beer... hmmm...

Jarvis creeps past the grumbling eejit's back and in through the front door and into the hallway of the Jackson house. There's stairs just to his front and left; the large hallway goes straight through into the kitchen; the garage seems to be to the left, and sounds of television come from the right. Just then there is a terrible squealing!

Edith figures the crash is as good a distraction as any.

Surreptitiously burrow into the house, locating the gerbil and purchasing its loyalty with carrots!

Peeking through the window, Edith sees Mr Jackson leave through the front door and decides now is the time to excavate her way through the ground, and the foundations, and the wall, and into the kitchen.

[5] It works! There's a 6 foot deep crater in the kitchen now, but it works! Barely leaving much of a trail of mud or rubble, she sneaks down the hallway, past the sounds of television on her left, and to the stairs, where she stops briefly to sniff the air.

The front door is open, and she goes silently up the stairs.

Upstairs there is a hallway, with bedrooms and bathrooms coming off it; Edith creeps along, her feet now entirely cleaned of mud and leaving only the deadly trace of a ninja, and finds Mitchell Jackson's bedoom.

She slowly pushes the door open, and rolls expertly in.

Edith McKenzie comes face to face with a gerbil.

[1] Edith whips out her bunch of carrots, which Pixey the gerbil immediately interprets as a sign of attack!

Pixey leaps at the intruder's face, jaws wide open and eyes full of rage; Edith leaps herself, backwards, into the wall, whilst squealing almost exactly like a 10 year old girl being attacked in the face by a possibly rabid gerbil!

[5+3vs4+3] Blood pours from Edith's chin!

A woman's voice calls.

”Chad, are you okay honey? You didn't tread on Pixey, did you?” 

Spoiler: Pixey the Gerbil (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: note (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: YOGASPACE QUESTTIME - Turn 1.8!
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2016, 03:16:12 pm »

Ninja my way toward the squealing. Seems to have gone all right thus far.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2016, 04:01:01 pm »

"I'M SORRYYYYYYYYYYY!"

Slow down a bit and wait for the guy to get closer before doing a Yogic Slap.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: YOGASPACE QUESTTIME - Turn 1.8
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2016, 05:44:33 pm »

Just then there is a terrible squealing!
(("And that was when I knew I dun goofed."

Also I wasn't expecting to actually burrow into the house. Clearly I've underestimated the power of Talpidae Yoga.))

Edith panics, but only for a moment. Well, she never really stops panicking, but she starts panicking creatively rather quickly. Putting on her best 8th grade boy voice and summoning the deepest reserves of dramatic impersonated conversation knowledge, she calls back!

"Uh, fine Mom! Just... being punished for my crimes! My many, many crimes, which I can only assume you do nothing about because you don't love me enough to care!"

Meanwhile, her hands frantically make the universal Yogic hand signs for "Stop, nice gerbil, don't eat my face, oh god there's blood everywhere."

Engage novel-worthy scheme whilst trying to ward off future gerbil maulings!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2016, 05:51:54 pm »

Well, time to make some more distractions so my yogic companions can continue infiltrating

Walk up to their front door, but make sure to leave my crowbar by the roadside or something so nobody sees it on my person. Also make sure they can't see me putting down the crowbar.

Then knock/ring, or speak directly to anyone from the household if they were already outside and say the following. Try to keep them talking about the communist threat to America.

"Hello, are you aware that the people you know and converse with every day might be communists?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: YOGASPACE QUESTTIME - Turn 1.9
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2016, 03:27:52 am »

A SMALL TOWN IN LATE TWENTIETH CENTURY AMERICA… APPROXIMATELY EIGHTEEN HUNDRED AND THREE HOURS

Turn 1.9

Slow down a bit and wait for the guy to get closer before doing a Yogic Slap.

"I'M SORRYYYYYYYYYYY!" lies Fisk, slowing down slightly and cunningly feigning to be somewhat out of breath, before timing it just right to turn round, infuse the palm of his right hand with righteousness, and with a feisty jump [5+2+1vs1+1=6] Yogically slap the man’s brain out of the right side of his head.

Fisk’s pursuer drops like a brick!

"Uh."

Just then there’s a not-too distant explosion – resembling, for example, the sound of a car exploding next to another car and probably setting the second car on fire!

Fisk looks a little too long at his downed victim, and feels slightly sick. Thankfully he’s fallen on to the side the brain fell out of, but even so, it’s quite horrendous.

Engage novel-worthy scheme whilst trying to ward off future gerbil maulings!

Backing away into the nearest corner under the ferocious assault of an entirely feral gerbil (yet another cruel rejection and a crushing of her dreams of an actual real best friend forever or at least as long as she can acquire carrots) Edith is quite confused, although she is too busy panicking to realise it.

"Uh, fine Mom! Just... being punished for my crimes! My many, many crimes, which I can only assume you do nothing about because you don't love me enough to care!"

”Er… Chad? This isn’t really the time for kinky games, you know…” comes the voice from downstairs…

Chad, it would seem, is not the young boy the Yogakas are being sent to educate. No sir! That would be Mitchell Jackson, the miscreant currently in the living room watching TV and eating his dinner!

However, Edith is indeed too busy panicking to know this.

"Here gerbil gerbil gerbil! Good gerbil! Nice gerbil! Arrhh! Stop! I know Yoga! I’m not afraid to use it! Stop! Ohgodisthatmybloodonthewallarrh!"

”Er, who are you talking to, dear?”

Ninja my way toward the squealing. Seems to have gone all right thus far.

Just as Pixey the Gerbil, standing on the cowering Edith’s chest, rears on his hind legs to deliver the killing blow, Jarvis silently bursts into the room.

Pixey turns; Jarvis immediately grasps the situation and assumes a defensive posture.

Pixey leaps towards this new and deadlier threat!

The gerbil flies through the air!

BOOM!

YOGIC CRITICAL!

[6+3vs1+3=10] Pixey the Gerbil disappears, and a fine red mist floats gently downwards over poor Edith, still clutching her carrots.

Walk up to their front door, but make sure to leave my crowbar by the roadside or something so nobody sees it on my person. Also make sure they can't see me putting down the crowbar.

Then knock/ring, or speak directly to anyone from the household if they were already outside and say the following. Try to keep them talking about the communist threat to America.

[3] Just then the doorbell rings, and Richard Wensley, looking politely through the open door, sees Mrs Jackson turn from the bottom of the stairs towards him.

”Uh, who are you, kid? And why in heck is my front door open? And how come I didn't notice just now walking past it?”

"Hello, ma'am, are you aware that the people you know and converse with every day might be communists?"

”What? Who? Goddamn them communists, I bet they opened the door, right? Well if you don’t mind, I need to go see what my idiot husband is up to upstai- oh, there he is. Outside. Well. Chad, what is going on?”

Mr Chad Jackson, holding a defrosted turkey, is somewhat of a mind to ask the same thing.

”What do you mean, what is going on? What the hell is going on with you throwing away perfectly fine turkeys, woman?”

”Don’t you woman me, dear, where did you get that damned turk-“

Just then the car crashed a dozen yards away from the house explodes.

BOOM!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2016, 04:52:22 am »

Jarvis stands there shivering for a moment, mouthing "boom" as the red mist starts to settle. He turns to Edith and nods shakily, a vacant smile on his face.

Seek the young man we were sent to find. Silently, softly, under the sonic cover of exploding cars...

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2016, 06:45:16 am »

Scale the fence of the bully's house. Then it's okay to vomit profusely. Following that, go find said bully.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2016, 06:08:01 am »

Er, hello. I appear to have gone away for slightly longer than I meant. Shall I carry on, and if so, would the two outstanding miscreants like to post an action? If I recall, we were busy murdering household pets and innocent passersby. If not, shall I just run a game about gathering leaves and wild berries for sustenance instead?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2016, 06:11:14 am »

"Oh no, looks like the communists are staging attacks! Sir, Madam, you must go help that poor American get out of the car alive!"

Say above, in the hopes that the parents will go and check out the car crash.

((I was convinced I already posted my action, my bad. Also, welcome back.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2016, 08:29:25 pm »

Er, hello. I appear to have gone away for slightly longer than I meant. Shall I carry on, and if so, would the two outstanding miscreants like to post an action? If I recall, we were busy murdering household pets and innocent passersby. If not, shall I just run a game about gathering leaves and wild berries for sustenance instead?
(Sorry! I knew this would happen, but it's hard to get an action in when you know it's not going to be processed for a week and a half. "Oh, I'll have time later..."

That said, I feel like a game by you about eating leaves and wild berries would be disproportionately entertaining.))

Edna immediately understands her mistake and chides herself for it. Keeping track of numerous male characters was supposed to be one of her strengths!

Fortunately the real Chad then bails her out, followed by a car exploding for no reason. She really is in her element!

...it's a shame about the gerbil, though. Hopefully the 8th grader goes a lot cleaner.

Use the distraction from the explosion and fight to sneak into the living room! Then give Mitchell a good boss fight speech about not being a bully and the Power of Yoga!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2016, 08:34:39 pm »

((I like how I'm now a murderer, car bomber, and tresspasser all in the span of about thirty seconds.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2016, 08:38:45 pm »

((I like how I'm now a murderer, car bomber, and tresspasser all in the span of about thirty seconds.))
((With great power comes HOLY SHIT WHY IS EVERYTHING ON FIRE))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2016, 11:17:51 am »

A SMALL TOWN IN LATE TWENTIETH CENTURY AMERICA… APPROXIMATELY EIGHTEEN HUNDRED AND FOUR HOURS

Turn 2.0

Say above, in the hopes that the parents will go and check out the car crash.

"Oh no, looks like the communists are staging attacks! Sir, Madam, you must go help that poor American get out of the car alive!"

”OH GOOD LORD NO! There’s an American in that car? That exploded car? That just blew up? GOOD CHRIST ALMIGHTY POOR MAN HE MUST BE BURNING ALIVE THAT’S AWFUL!”

[6 rtd 3] Mrs Jackson runs out of her front yard, towards the burning American, straight across the ro-

BAM!

Mrs Jackson becomes the third road traffic accident of the evening, and is smashed through the air down the road. [4] But she lands on her face and she’s okay! Kind of! She gets heroically to her knees, and then to her feet, and limps towards the exploded car. In a heart-warming display of solidarity, the driver of the car who just smashed her through the air gets out of his car, and comes to her side, and takes her elbow, and helps her towards the poor burning communist-victim.

They turn and look into each other’s eyes for a second and wrench open the burning hot metal door of the fiery car.

Just then the next car along explodes!

[rtd 2] Mrs Jackson is sliced apart by a flying car door!

[rtd 3] The man who ran her down falls sideways to the ground, clutching a bloodied leg stump!

[1] Mr Chad Jackson, widower, sees the carnage the communists are inflicting on his beloved homeland, and turns to Richard Wensley.

”Communists, you say? Hot damn.”

He runs inside.

”I need to get my shotgun. My shotgun and my boy.”

Jarvis stands there shivering for a moment, mouthing "boom" as the red mist starts to settle. He turns to Edith and nods shakily, a vacant smile on his face.

Seek the young man we were sent to find. Silently, softly, under the sonic cover of exploding cars...

[3] Eventually, Jarvis snaps out of his first taste of bloodfever, and turns away. He slips out of Mitchell’s bedroom as a car explodes outside, and pads down the stairs.

He enters the living room to find Mitchell on the sofa, in front of the TV, with a tray of food on his lap.

”Who are you, buttmunch? And what’s that on your hand?”

Use the distraction from the explosion and fight to sneak into the living room! Then give Mitchell a good boss fight speech about not being a bully and the Power of Yoga!

[3] Before Jarvis can reply that it is indeed Mitchell’s beloved ex-gerbil all over his hand but considerably more all over the bully’s bedroom, Edith sneaks in behind him and replies herself!

”He… is the Palkinator!! Yeah! And I am Deadly Edith, the Yoga Avenger! There are some who call me… the Yogavenger.

We are come to educate you, and to tell you that being a massive douchebag is Bad, and that conversely the Power of Yoga is Good, as well as totally awesome, as will testify your… poor… the poor… No! Yon gerbil deserved it! It had rabies, and said rabies is now spread about your bedroom, and- uh. Um.”

”What? Mom!” shouts Mitchell, ”Who let these- oh god, what’s wrong with you?”

Scale the fence of the bully's house. Then it's okay to vomit profusely. Following that, go find said bully.

[1] Behind the bully’s house, Fisk turns away from the mutilated corpse that he just physically mutilated with the unbridled Power of Mutilation Oh God What Have I Done, and climbs the back yard fence. He pulls himself up, swings his leg up and over, and loses his balance, flopping off and onto the dog kennel right below him, [5vs6] badly winding himself but thankfully not ending up with any large splinters to the crotch. The dog kennel collapses under his weight and he bumps to the ground in a way which, compared to the rest of his descent, could conceivably be called dignified.

Fisk immediately vomits profusely, stopping only when there’s no more clothing to vomit over, and when his dry retching reminds him of the last time he confronted a bully.

Ah yes.

Bullies.

Fisk has work to do. He crawls through a conveniently placed hole and into the target house. He drips through the hallway and through into the living room. There stand Jarvis and Edith, confronting the bully.

”Mom!” shouts Mitchell, ”Who let these- oh god, what’s wrong with you?”

”Uh. Hello? Do you surrender?”

[3] ”Uh. No?”

Just then Mr Chad Jackson rushes into the room, a shotgun in his hand.

”Who the hell are you?”

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: YOGASPACE QUESTTIME - Turn 2.0
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2016, 11:26:31 am »

"Uh. Not a communist?"

Yogic defense maneuver, stat!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12