Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Diep.IO - The Binding of Baseball Pitcher  (Read 9407 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Diep.IO - The Binding of Baseball Pitcher
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 02:07:30 pm »

Just confirmed - melee is not viable. I used Stalker (max health, health regen, body damage, movement speed) to cloak and got somebody completely unawares, but I was killed before I could slam into them long enough to kill 'em.

A shame, really. I would have liked to troll around with close range stealth kills.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 02:16:29 pm »

I just tried that too, actually. It was awful. Can't chase anything down and you can't shoot anything either.

I did, however, take out a Stalker who messed with me right after spawning at L22. I maxed Body, Speed and Health straight off the bat, and he couldn't hit me, so he tried to close range... and I accidentally bumped into him when stealthed, killing him.

I'm thinking the best meleer would probably be the base ship-- every tier increases in size and decreases in speed. Just stay small and fast. Upgrades also make you slower. Necromancer is awful for meleer too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:56:01 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 03:41:02 pm »

Melee is totally viable, and maybe even a bit too powerful. When I first played, I took the "Destroyer" upgrade, and saw that it was pretty garbage, but had a lot of recoil. So when I died I took it again, but with only health/speed/reload upgrades, and swam around shooting the projectiles behind for nothing but the extra speed. It was pretty hilarious looking, but also meant that an ambush could kill pretty much anyone very quickly.

It's very fun, I'd highly recommend it. I ended up sitting at 200k at the top, just swimming around peacefully and ramming the occasional uppity bulletscrub.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 06:51:32 pm »

The destroyer is actually great if you have max shot speed, penetration and damage, it can 1 shot anything with 2 max health upgrades. Name was frog.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 08:53:55 pm »

Well, if you figured out how to be awesome... Then yeah, it's probably simple if nobody can counter you.

(Personally I only played the one time, since my mouse hand cramped up for some reason. It's strange, that doesn't happen in, like, Skyrim or saints row IV or whatever else. Maybe it was my holding down LMB for over an hour that was the problem.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2016, 01:05:03 am »

You can press spacebar too. I just tried a round, got up to first place rather easily and held onto it for a while. The octo shot was just really easy to rack up an assload of points on because I was randomly hitting the various squares and triangles all over the place.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 05:57:12 am »

I found that #1 priority on a low-level spawn is to go for damage, maybe add a dot of penetration. It allows you to breeze through the low-level hell, and even if you plan another build, it's easier to suicide and start from a higher level to do so.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 11:45:19 am »

I reached the same conclusion. It seemed much more effective than buying reload speed.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 12:15:58 pm »

I'd say you should go 3-4 damage, 1 pen, and then max reload if you're not doing anything funky. You just need enough damage to 1-shot squares and 2-shot triangles. From there you just pick what you want to do. The reason reload speed is so useful is less because of the damage it gives you and more that you can basically create a shield to block enemy fire. With the highest RoF cannons you become virtually invulnerable with max rof & pen. Throw in a bunch of damage and life and you'll struggle not to make it on top of the leaderboard.

The 8-shot is still my go-to for farming points, but if someone wants you dead (and they will if you hit #1) you are just going to die. Not enough volume of fire to compete, the high rof guns just drive straight into you while their bullet cloud absorbs everything. Probably should max movement speed if you're going for the octo tank.

Going melee destroyer was pretty good fun. Max reload, max movement speed, max body damage, max life. Being the fastest thing on the field means that if things go bad you can just jet away faster than most peoples bullets will travel. One trick pony though.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 12:19:13 pm »

I keep trying to go for a Stalker high-regen/high-speed build, but keep losing before hitting 45lvl. The idea being to use the speed to disengage and cloak to regen at your leisure unless you bumble into a firefight between the others.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2016, 09:32:08 pm »

Penetration/bullet speed/reload are really useful when duelling other players. Oddly, I haven't seen much of a need for the health-related upgrades, but that might be because I tend to build glass cannons whose weaknesses aren't especially helped by small health increases but are helped by better bullets.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 03:05:43 am »

No, I agree, they really aren't. You are better off with a high reload and movement to block and dodge shots than health, since even on max, sustained fire will fuck yo shit up quick.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 04:15:57 am »

Am I the only one who find the game often lag too much to properly dodge?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2016, 04:55:29 am »

What the hell are these pink/purple triangles that keep appearing and murdering me?

They just pop up for no apparent reason in numbers too big for me to kill them.

I think they're aiming munitions from one of the evolved tanks.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2016, 05:07:03 am »

The lag is unbearable now. Nothing like getting up to a good level and then suddenly being disconnected >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3