Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Diep.IO - The Binding of Baseball Pitcher  (Read 9411 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Diep.IO - The Binding of Baseball Pitcher
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:37:40 pm »

http://diep.io/

Another IO multiplayer game

-You are a tank (A circle with a gun on it)
-There's a bunch of asteroids, and other players to shoot
-Shooting stuff gives you points and EXP points
-Leveling up allows you to boost one of 8 stats, and occasionally a choice of a different, bigger gun
-Don't get shot or collide with stuff
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diep.IO - The Binding of Baseball Pitcher
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:51:46 pm »

Spawn in, by myself for a minute or two. Some guy with a super fast tank and 4 cannons on it comes and wrecks me without breaking a sweat.

What does the 'Io" stand for anyways? Is it just because of "agar.io?"

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 09:53:04 pm »

.io is Indian Ocean, I believe.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:08:37 pm »

input/output
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 10:18:56 pm »

Okay, played again and made it to third place on the leaderboard before getting bored. Interesting little game though. I wonder if choosing different weapons locks off others further down the road? I picked a triple spread weapon that ended up sucking but it led to a triple weapon that was more focused but wasn't quite as accurate which was exactly what I wanted.

Level 45 was the max level as far as I could tell

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 10:20:27 pm »

ptw
Black lives matter.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 11:11:08 pm »

Seems like the easiest way is to go flank -> 4 shot -> 8 shot. Just having that many cannons means few people will come close to you and you'll farm up score super quick with the food alone. Shot to #1 as soon as I got it.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 02:01:58 am »

I woke up early and gave this a bit of a go.

RoF is king, bullet penetration is his queen. Melee is fun and can catch people out sometimes but more often than not they'll spam a hundred shots towards you, each kicking them a little further away by recoil and you further by knockback, and you won't be able to close, even if you are using your cannon as propulsion-- knockback seems to be constant no matter what they're hitting you with but recoil seems to depend on the chassis you are using and, though it is the best, even the destroyer doesn't have enough with its low RoF.

increasing the number of stat levels so that you can't max out so many so easily would help; more chance you can catch up to someone to ruin their day if you can choose to spec more heavily into speed.

Snipers don't seem to work well either since they need to invest heavily into bullet penetration as relative damage doesn't seem to factor into how many shots each of your bullets can absorb- machine gunners throw up a screen on tiny 1 damage projectiles and there's nothing you can do.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 02:41:05 am »

I woke up early and gave this a bit of a go.

RoF is king, bullet penetration is his queen. Melee is fun and can catch people out sometimes but more often than not they'll spam a hundred shots towards you, each kicking them a little further away by recoil and you further by knockback, and you won't be able to close, even if you are using your cannon as propulsion-- knockback seems to be constant no matter what they're hitting you with but recoil seems to depend on the chassis you are using and, though it is the best, even the destroyer doesn't have enough with its low RoF.

increasing the number of stat levels so that you can't max out so many so easily would help; more chance you can catch up to someone to ruin their day if you can choose to spec more heavily into speed.

Snipers don't seem to work well either since they need to invest heavily into bullet penetration as relative damage doesn't seem to factor into how many shots each of your bullets can absorb- machine gunners throw up a screen on tiny 1 damage projectiles and there's nothing you can do.

I got to 1 as a sniper by investing in good reload speed.

Is that because of the gun or because the Assassin's range of vision keeping you alive forever? I tried it and it really felt like the latter, even with max reload speed/damage the Assassin's single shot gun is really bad. The only good part was seeing everything dangerous before it saw me.

edit: 250k with max reload speed/max damage/max pen frontal spamcannon, that thing is overpowered. Almost nothing can get get through the wall of shots to damage you. Eventually ran into someone who yolod me with max body damage, sadly.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:36:37 am by Rex_Nex »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 02:54:23 am »

I thought the destroyer was terrible because I couldn't block shots anymore.  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 02:58:29 am »

The destroyer is the best.

I dominated a room.

Killed everyone.
My score before the room closer killed me was 200k.

Noone else was above 25k :P

Name was Null

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 03:06:47 am »

Seems like the easiest way is to go flank -> 4 shot -> 8 shot. Just having that many cannons means few people will come close to you and you'll farm up score super quick with the food alone. Shot to #1 as soon as I got it.

I did that too. Got up to within spitting distance of 1st, then somebody who went the focused first route decided to bumrush me and take me out of the running. ;_;
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 09:30:03 am »

Well. I'm not sure I enjoy one of these little games where it's so stat based and levelupy. There's no small guy vs big guy in this game, that's for sure. :/ I'd say it's probably the least fun one of these little IO games I've played thus far. I played around a bit. Got up to first place, and hung out there for a while being bored. Eventually I started gathering other people and we killed all the big guys on the server other then me. Still pretty boring so I ended up pretty killing myself to an ally. Meh. I did it with the machine gun body and focused on firing speed and damage, with minors in hp max and regen. Really terrible build. The machine gun body felt awful, the damage reduction on your bullets felt like it was so much that you'd actually have less dps after 'upgrading'. Or at least that's what it felt like. Max health and regen are good though for climbing and staying high. No one wants to put in the effort to actually kill you.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:33:24 am by Criptfeind »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 09:49:16 am »

Yeah, eight-shot seems best. I took gunner but the only thing gunner is good at is deflecting shots, so I stayed alive for ages and preyed on smaller or weakend dudes, which eventually gave me a short stay at 2nd place. Had a pretty bad build, though.

Not really sure how to build. Max health seems really good, regen speed a little less. Body damage is terrible, no idea what penetration does.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 01:14:42 pm »

Not really sure how to build. Max health seems really good, regen speed a little less. Body damage is terrible, no idea what penetration does.

Penetration is affects how much momentum is lost when they hit something, and by extension, the amount of damage they do. I think it also plays into how effective they are at blocking shots.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: [1] 2 3