Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29075 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2016, 10:20:45 am »

A muddy brown grin spreads across the mud monster's face. The words "grin" and "face" are used relatively loosely here, as the titan is quite ugly and misshapen. That is surprising. I at least expected your resolve to hold. Just goes to show, the weakness of the gods is clear. Alright then, a tribute of 20 IP and I will leave this place and your world alone. 

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2016, 10:34:21 am »

The second request comes from a Titan. I Grotic demand sacrifice from this puny pantheon. I see your fledgling world and it disgusts me to the core. Ye gods shall pay me 10 IP in tribute or I shall send a plague against your land that will plague you forever more. The crude titan seems to be made out of flesh and mud in equal proportions. While he doesn’t seem particularly bright, he does seem to have enough power to meddle in your world.
Om trembles in outrage at the Titan's demand. Just who did this overgrown lump of mud think it was?! Threatening them? Threatening Om's creations?!

"Begone foul being! We shall pay you no tribute!"

We Igons were created for this world and we belong in this world. It is our destiny and our purpose to live upon it. Will any god take us in? As we have been forsaken by our creator, we can only hope than one of his fellow gods will take us under their wing.
"Om will always have a place for those in need."

Offer my patronage to the Igons
Spend 17 points to make the omnifruit trees practically immune to disease and parasites, particularly the omniworms.

((Reminder that I should have gotten 5 points from Jyll the slime demigod))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:25:10 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2016, 11:10:11 am »

Well if we are gonna pay the titan each one of us should give him 3 essence. It's not an heavy price and it satisfies his request.
If we are gonna pay the titan:Use three points for the tribute and then 8 points to modify the omniworm: they are still able to parasitize the omnitrees but now the fruit of the parasitized trees looks perfectly normal: they are however extremely poisonus to every race but the Alarri, to which they retain their previous toxicity, and they are able to survive everywere there are Omnitrees.
Othervise, keep those points for attacking the titan.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2016, 12:09:21 pm »

"I will not be paying any tribute. Whether the rest of you do is up to you. I will advise you that I think it is an unwise course of action to pay tribute however."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:08:24 pm by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2016, 12:12:04 pm »

I add three Points to the Payment.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2016, 12:41:52 pm »

Zelthen Pays Three Influence Points to Grotic, but not Happily.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2016, 12:50:03 pm »

Om if you don't pay the price for the rest of us rises. Are you sure you want to alienate the rest of the panteon that way?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:54:02 pm by Leonardo8 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2016, 01:00:09 pm »

Om if you don't pay the price for the rest of us rises. Are you sure you want to alienate the rest of the panteon that way?
"It is your choice to pay the tribute. You can simply not pay it. I see no reason why I should follow you in your folly"

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2016, 01:04:12 pm »

[Sleeve, Snake of Medicine]
A muddy brown grin spreads across the mud monster's face. The words "grin" and "face" are used relatively loosely here, as the titan is quite ugly and misshapen. That is surprising. I at least expected your resolve to hold. Just goes to show, the weakness of the gods is clear. Alright then, a tribute of 20 IP and I will leave this place and your world alone. 
Sleeve takes to the air.
"I refuse to pay you, both because I refuse to pay people to do nothing, and because I hate you.
I would insult you, but you're already shit.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2016, 01:12:22 pm »

"Om, You refuse To heed me when I say, that I, nor the Luminites, want Your Omnifruit. Seeing that Your stubborn Mind refuses to acknowledge my Hold on the North, and that You still conspire to Spread Your Omnifruit, I created my Own Tree, One with many Uses, so that the Luminites might skillfully Harness it to solve many of their needs and better themselves, exactly the same reason You claimed that Your Omnifruit Trees were Created. To Teach Mathematics is to Uplift the Mortals from Squalor, to Teach Mathematics is to show them the Infinite Complexities of Our Reality, and To show them how to Apply it to practical Uses. Has any Architect ever constructed a Great Wonder with no use of Mathematics? Has any Census been taken, any Harvest counted, and any Civilization Ascended without Mathematics? Om, I teach them Mathematics, because the rest of their needed Knowledge shall follow quickly as a result. This Titan, has no Power before Our Entire Pantheon, Yet we refuse to Fight It, instead we Cower like Animals."
"But do you need to teach them mathematics right this very moment? I wished to fight the titan, but not even you would stand by my side and so I was forced to stand down myself, or waste my time and power in a futile struggle, for not even a single one of the other gods were willing to stand with me. The true coward here is you Zelthen. I hereby brand you Zelthen the Coward. Let all know your shame. Your fear. Your worthlessness."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:15:11 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2016, 01:39:20 pm »

Triniteus advances :
"I will be paying the totality of the tribute. My 20 Influence Points will go there so that my brothers don't have to pay for this."

Pay the Full Price of the Tribute, and ask a question to the Titan at the same time.

"In exchange, I hope we can have a decent conversation, Grotic. I want to learn more about the Titans."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2016, 01:52:33 pm »

Triniteus advances :
"I will be paying the totality of the tribute. My 20 Influence Points will go there so that my brothers don't have to pay for this."

Pay the Full Price of the Tribute, and ask a question to the Titan at the same time.

"In exchange, I hope we can have a decent conversation, Grotic. I want to learn more about the Titans."
"Why pay 20 points for simple information?"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2016, 02:08:40 pm »

Triniteus advances :

Trinieteus that's...incredibily generous. Thank you, i won't forget that.
To recap: 5 points to create the omniworms.
8 points to counteract Om's action.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:19:58 pm by Leonardo8 »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2016, 02:14:24 pm »

"Why pay 20 points for simple information?"
"That's more to settle the matter quickly, and I feel guilty for failing the negotiations. This is an act of goodwill, not much more."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2016, 02:26:18 pm »

Triniteus advances :

Trinieteus that's...incredibily generous. Thank you, i won't forget that.
To recap: 5 points to create the omniworms.
8 points to counteract Om's action.

Action Summary:
Spend 17 points to make the omnifruit trees immune to all disease and parasite

"Stop this foolishness"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20