Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29057 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »

It brings me great pain to say this, but I was wrong... Triniteus you are no glow worm. He is! Grotic points down at Zelthen and laughs. His colossal body shaking the area as it reverberates with laughter. This puny firefly has a voice fit for such arrogant words, small and meaningless. Grotic then ignores Zelthen and returns his attention to Triniteus. The new glowworm has proven my point. The arrogance of gods is unforgivable. Unless he says he's sorry, and you pay the tribute, I will release one of my titanic creations upon your world.

The Shining One's voice echoes through the very Essence of Grotic and all present.

"I Shall Not scrape my Knee before an Inferior Heap of Refuse, Filth and Slime, such as Yourself, Grotic. You call me Glow Worm, I am no Worm, But a Mighty Dragon. I call You less than nothing, Grotic. Your Very Existence is Repugnant, and All Of Creation will shout in Exultation the instant that You are slain. I would advise You to stay Your Hand, Dirty Slug Grotic, my Earlier Warning is still valid, and You would be Wise to heed it."

Upon uttering His insults Zelthen draws His Sword and readies His Shield.

((OOC: I should have kept Zelthen's Mouth Shut, but, *gulp* I have to stay in Character.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2016, 07:36:14 pm »

Xenraft Seeing The Light bulb Speak again says...
Shut it Light bulb, If you keep it up I WILL Ask him if he could Confine whatever he sends down to your area. And even if he DOESN'T Drop anything in I WILL make it Rain Frozen Toads On your People.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2016, 08:26:35 pm »

(I am using a phone for this mini-update, so sorry about misspellings or autocorrect.)

For a moment the Titan looks at you dumbly then let's out a deep belly laugh of divine proportions. Your words are bigger than you are, tiny god. I will hear the glowworm's words.

(You ask him what disgusts him.)

Tell me, glowworm, what is everything in your world made of? Influence. The stuff of the divine. Its the only thing that we have in common. The way you use influence creates disgustingly weak creatures and lands which are easy to hate and easy to crush. The arrogance of the gods fills their creations to the core. Nothing is more pleasurable than reminding the gods of their own fragility.
It brings me great pain to say this, but I was wrong... Triniteus you are no glow worm. He is! Grotic points down at Zelthen and laughs. His colossal body shaking the area as it reverberates with laughter. This puny firefly has a voice fit for such arrogant words, small and meaningless. Grotic then ignores Zelthen and returns his attention to Triniteus. The new glowworm has proven my point. The arrogance of gods is unforgivable. Unless he says he's sorry, and you pay the tribute, I will release one of my titanic creations upon your world.

The Shining One's voice echoes through the very Essence of Grotic and all present.

"I Shall Not scrape my Knee before an Inferior Heap of Refuse, Filth and Slime, such as Yourself, Grotic. You call me Glow Worm, I am no Worm, But a Mighty Dragon. I call You less than nothing, Grotic. Your Very Existence is Repugnant, and All Of Creation will shout in Exultation the instant that You are slain. I would advise You to stay Your Hand, Dirty Slug Grotic, my Earlier Warning is still valid, and You would be Wise to heed it."

Upon uttering His insults Zelthen draws His Sword and readies His Shield.
Triniteus realizes the Titan wasn't as dumb as he looked. He felt some connection to the words he said, in a way, he too loathed the arrogance of mortals, except when said arrogance was justified.

But before he can react, Zelthen bursts in and shouts with an unshakable voice at the Titan.

The situation seems unsalvageable now. In a way, Triniteus feels greatly saddened.
"Your words echoed in me Grotic. As a keeper of an elemental triangle balance, I can relate with the wish of seeing strong creations. I apologize for my godkin behavior, although knowing this won't fetter you. How saddening, in an another existence I could have learnt a lot from your experience of creation."

He then uses his remaining Influence Points to create a Shield of Eternal Ice and a Sword of Undying Fire. [If it is too costly, make them temporary and only last for the fight duration]

"But a god, no matter how foolish he may be, stays a brother to me. I will stand by the side of Zelthen, prepare yourself Grotic, and show me the strength of the Titans you so lauded. Try to break the Ice I am made of, come.""

Challenge Grotic with Zelthen.

((OOC: I should have kept Zelthen's Mouth Shut, but, *gulp* I have to stay in Character.))
((No prob, some spice won't kill the soup))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2016, 09:01:16 pm »

Xenraft looks at Trinites and says with a look of clarity...
Ye are a fool, ye wish not ta' fight the titan, yet ye agree ta battle along side tha' Racist War monger, if Ye were the titan would ye be very impressed by a bigot who won't even Try ta' give a reason why His beings be better then all others? I think not, It took me a monter ta make a true monster bend when even then I can see it would like to have every thing he deems imperfect slaughtered and burnt. If ye wish not ta' loose everything we ha' made ye must help me to blackmail the "Enlightened demon" who was amoung us at tha' start.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2016, 09:17:44 pm »

Xenraft looks at Trinites and says with a look of clarity...
Ye are a fool, ye wish not ta' fight the titan, yet ye agree ta battle along side tha' Racist War monger, if Ye were the titan would ye be very impressed by a bigot who won't even Try ta' give a reason why His beings be better then all others? I think not, It took me a monter ta make a true monster bend when even then I can see it would like to have every thing he deems imperfect slaughtered and burnt. If ye wish not ta' loose everything we ha' made ye must help me to blackmail the "Enlightened demon" who was amoung us at tha' start.
"Sorry Xenraft, but you are mistaken. Never have I stated I was a pacifist. I wanted to speak with him to come to an understanding, but this short exchange allowed me to grasp at least one thing : a Titan's will is unyielding."

"Nothing will make him retract his word : he will stop only if Zelthen shows due respect. But you know our brother as I do. He will never change his mind, and would rather disappear than do so."

"Except if you have a better plan ? I will hear you out Xenraft.
"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2016, 09:24:26 pm »

Xenraft says...
he cares for two things; His Corrupt Vision of Purity, And his Bigited race. If we hold his people hostage we may be able to bend him into saying he is sorry to the titan Who, if you did not see WAS willing to talk till he was Insulted.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2016, 09:36:09 pm »

"Why do you bring up his willingness to talk ? How could I not know that, as I was speaking naturally with him until Zelthen offended his very being ?! Don't try to make others appear as fools, brother. You are insulting me."

"I am beginning to understand more of the Titan's sayings. Tch. Xenraft, do your thing. I will speak to Grotic."

Actually don't create a shield and sword for now. Let Xenraft do his blackmailing thingy.

"Pardon me for my violent mood swings Grotic, I retract my foolish challenge. Could you wait a divine minute before unleashing your Titanic Creation, so that we take care of Zelthen ? I will then gladly offer you a tribute of Influence. And I hope you would accept more, in exchange for...answers between you and me."

Try to apologize to Grotic for suddenly challenging him. Then ask for a moment to take care of Zelthen, and offer a higher tribute in exchange of more talking.

Triniteus Action Summary :
-Let Xenraft do his blackmailing
-Apologize to Grotic
-Offer a more substantial tribute in exchange of a conversation

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2016, 09:54:30 pm »

I turn to Zelthen and take a... Darker tone.
If ye do not Stop ye Stupidity at the Titan and Say you are sorry to it, I WILL Slaughter your race by Flooding the North to the Point where the Leviathan can come and Swallow them up.
My one Order: IF Zelthen doesn't Attempt to mend Relations with the Titan, Use all Power to Flood the North Where his people are AND attract the Leviathan to his People this most likely Involves sending them a Massive Heat Wave which Should melt His Ice Fortress and Since it is Ice it is most likely on more Ice... Sea where I'm going with this?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:22:26 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2016, 12:33:32 am »

"Why do you bring up his willingness to talk ? How could I not know that, as I was speaking naturally with him until Zelthen offended his very being ?! Don't try to make others appear as fools, brother. You are insulting me."

"I am beginning to understand more of the Titan's sayings. Tch. Xenraft, do your thing. I will speak to Grotic."

Actually don't create a shield and sword for now. Let Xenraft do his blackmailing thingy.

"Pardon me for my violent mood swings Grotic, I retract my foolish challenge. Could you wait a divine minute before unleashing your Titanic Creation, so that we take care of Zelthen ? I will then gladly offer you a tribute of Influence. And I hope you would accept more, in exchange for...answers between you and me."

Try to apologize to Grotic for suddenly challenging him. Then ask for a moment to take care of Zelthen, and offer a higher tribute in exchange of more talking.

Triniteus Action Summary :
-Let Xenraft do his blackmailing
-Apologize to Grotic
-Offer a more substantial tribute in exchange of a conversation
If ye do not Stop ye Stupidity at the Titan and Say you are sorry to it, I WILL Slaughter your race by Flooding the North to the Point where the Leviathan can come and Swallow them up.
My one Order: IF Zelthen doesn't Attempt to mend Relations with the Titan, Use all Power to Flood the North Where his people are AND attract the Leviathan to his People this most likely Involves sending them a Massive Heat Wave which Should melt His Ice Fortress and Since it is Ice it is most likely on more Ice... Sea where I'm going with this?

The Shining One turns His sight to His Fellow Gods, and hearing them, Utters an outraged retort.

"Triniteus. Xenraft. I would be Very Satisfied If You both wouldn't Speak as if I were a Fool and not Present. I am disgusted with You, Xenraft, You threaten to Feed Thousands of My Children to the Unspeakable Monstrosity that You brought into Being, because This Pantheon Feels it Lacks the Strength to vanquish an Overgrown Imp!?! Together We might Slay Grotic with Ease, Yet You lower Your Arms and Cower as If He were Our God?!? And Triniteus, You would Lower Your Sword at the request of The God Of Hells, Monsters, Beasts, and Chaos? I'd Hardly Suspect that He has Your Best Interests at Heart!"

Zelthen turns back to Grotic and Speaks, His voice is laden with Accusation and, at Points, biting Sarcasm. As He Speaks, Zelthen holds His Sword and Shield to either side of Himself pointed away from Grotic.

"You Call Me Arrogant? Yet You demand that I prostrate Myself before You? Titan, What gives You the Right to Stomp on a Creation You had no part in? I Insult You, what of It? If You are so Great, Then Why would You need something as Petty as my Apology? Why, Oh Why, would a Being as Infinitely Rotund and Powerful as Yourself feel the Need to Waste His time with something as small as Only Ten Influence Points! If You truly had the Power to Crush us all and rend Our World asunder with Plague and Misery at a whim, and Us Gods are such a Blight on the Cosmos, worthy of only Destruction, Why do You Demand a Peaceful Resolution beforehand? Oh, Grotic, I know that You have the Power to Slay Me Alone with Ease, But You and Your Own would not stop there. Where we to give into Your Demands, You would come back Later, and Demand Yet More. I Refuse To Be Your Vassal, and Any Divinity with a Backbone would agree with me. Together, We could overcome You, and When we did, You would Beg for Mercy, You would say that You didn't Mean any Harm, and that You wouldn't Hurt Us If We allowed You to go Free, Yet if I, Or My Fellow Divines were to prostrate ourselves before You, You would stomp on our Necks and pay no Heed to our Cries."

((OOC: SEMI-JUSTIFIED INCOHERENT AND SLIGHTLY OFF-KILTER RANT, INITIATE.))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2016, 12:55:42 am »

"Then you would suggest we pay tribute to this thing? I will not condone such behaviour. Stop your threats at once, and focus on the true threat or face my wrath."
The Shining One turns His sight to His Fellow Gods, and hearing them, Utters an outraged retort.

"Triniteus. Xenraft. I would be Very Satisfied If You both wouldn't Speak as if I were a Fool and not Present. I am disgusted with You, Xenraft, You threaten to Feed Thousands of My Children to the Unspeakable Monstrosity that You brought into Being, because This Pantheon Feels it Lacks the Strength to vanquish an Overgrown Imp!?! Together We might Slay Grotic with Ease, Yet You lower Your Arms and Cower as If He were Our God?!? And Triniteus, You would Lower Your Sword at the request of The God Of Hells, Monsters, Beasts, and Chaos? I'd Hardly Suspect that He has Your Best Interests at Heart!"

Zelthen turns back to Grotic and Speaks, His voice is laden with Accusation and, at Points, biting Sarcasm. As He Speaks, Zelthen holds His Sword and Shield to either side of Himself pointed away from Grotic.

"You Call Me Arrogant? Yet You demand that I prostrate Myself before You? Titan, What gives You the Right to Stomp on a Creation You had no part in? I Insult You, what of It? If You are so Great, Then Why would You need something as Petty as my Apology? Why, Oh Why, would a Being as Infinitely Rotund and Powerful as Yourself feel the Need to Waste His time with something as small as Only Ten Influence Points! If You truly had the Power to Crush us all and rend Our World asunder with Plague and Misery at a whim, and Us Gods are such a Blight on the Cosmos, worthy of only Destruction, Why do You Demand a Peaceful Resolution beforehand? Oh, Grotic, I know that You have the Power to Slay Me Alone with Ease, But You and Your Own would not stop there. Where we to give into Your Demands, You would come back Later, and Demand Yet More. I Refuse To Be Your Vassal, and Any Divinity with a Backbone would agree with me. Together, We could overcome You, and When we did, You would Beg for Mercy, You would say that You didn't Mean any Harm, and that You wouldn't Hurt Us If We allowed You to go Free, Yet if I, Or My Fellow Divines were to prostrate ourselves before You, You would stomp on our Necks and pay no Heed to our Cries."
"And you. You spout noble words of us being together able to defeat this thing, yet spend your time making trees and teaching math for Compassion's sake, instead of doing anything to the titan. You are very clearly all talk."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:03:55 am by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2016, 01:17:08 am »

...And Triniteus, You would Lower Your Sword at the request of The God Of Hells, Monsters, Beasts, and Chaos? I'd Hardly Suspect that He has Your Best Interests at Heart!"

Triniteus blazing arm returns to a more tame flame. He then whispered to Zelthen :

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2016, 01:29:41 am »

Sleeve, let me tell you story from a land lost long ago.

A family had requested a doctor come examine their family pet which contracted some illness and had become rabid and savage.

The doctor knew the disease the pet was suffering from, but could not cure it. Solemnly, he put creature out of its misery. For, as he told the family, the animal was now only threat to others, and would attack and injure everyone around it in its bloodthirst and spread its ailment.

We now have a rabid monster clawing at the door with pestilence on its breath, and yet our resident god of medicine is making fish. Why is this?

[Sleeve, Snake of Medicine]
"This is not a pet, it's not rabid, and it's not incurable. You want me to kill someone because of a threat.
I refuse to kill him, or anyone else.

I make the fish because this sea is stagnant, and will only breed pestilence and disease.
I must tend to the waters first, or else all who drink will fall ill.
"
If the last god point wasn't used for creating rivers and lakes, instead use it to conjure a sowing needle. Which Sleeve shrinks and hides in her wing.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2016, 07:17:10 am »

Asteros sees the situation develop in unbringed chaos and dsecides to whisper to Zelthen, using his natural thelepaty.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:11:55 am by Leonardo8 »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2016, 07:37:08 am »

Well glowworm, what do you say when you know you have wronged someone? Will you utter an apology and appease me, or will you suffer the consequences of insulting a superior being?

((I'm gonna try to start moving towards turn 5 in a few hours, so that means an update later today or this evening. If you want to revise or change actions, do so soonish.))

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2016, 09:46:50 am »

Well glowworm, what do you say when you know you have wronged someone? Will you utter an apology and appease me, or will you suffer the consequences of insulting a superior being?

Zelthen hears the Counsel of Triniteus and Asteros, and looks to Grotic. His gaze is resolute and unflinching, and each word that exits The Shining One's Mouth has the force of a Thousand Suns.

"Titan Grotic. If I had the strength to oppose You I would do it in a moment, and If My fellow Divines would aid me I would Bring War to You in an instant, But, I do not. You are clearly far more Powerful than me, and Your Will is unstoppable. Seeing that a Refusal to heed Your demands would lead to Ruin and Devastation for all Our Peoples and this World, I see the need to Humble Myself. Grotic, I am Sorry, to have Insulted You despite Your Nigh-Infinite Power, and I only hope that You might Forgive My Arrogance, Oh Great One."

The Shining One Lowers His Weapons and stares at the Titan, awaiting a response.

"And you. You spout noble words of us being together able to defeat this thing, yet spend your time making trees and teaching math for Compassion's sake, instead of doing anything to the titan. You are very clearly all talk."

"Om, You refuse To heed me when I say, that I, nor the Luminites, want Your Omnifruit. Seeing that Your stubborn Mind refuses to acknowledge my Hold on the North, and that You still conspire to Spread Your Omnifruit, I created my Own Tree, One with many Uses, so that the Luminites might skillfully Harness it to solve many of their needs and better themselves, exactly the same reason You claimed that Your Omnifruit Trees were Created. To Teach Mathematics is to Uplift the Mortals from Squalor, to Teach Mathematics is to show them the Infinite Complexities of Our Reality, and To show them how to Apply it to practical Uses. Has any Architect ever constructed a Great Wonder with no use of Mathematics? Has any Census been taken, any Harvest counted, and any Civilization Ascended without Mathematics? Om, I teach them Mathematics, because the rest of their needed Knowledge shall follow quickly as a result. This Titan, has no Power before Our Entire Pantheon, Yet we refuse to Fight It, instead we Cower like Animals."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20