Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29052 times)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2016, 02:09:28 pm »

"And I kindly asked you not to allow the continent that we now learn harbours a demon into the world. If you want me to do something, then maybe you shouldn't ignore opportunities to have me owe you a favour beforehand"
You do owe me a favour. Did you already forget the angel that now stands by your side?
Anyway i stand my ground. We will probably be able to eradicate the plague when it sets in with a combined effort anyway if it proves to be too much of a problem. It is less risky than attacking an enemywith uknown powers, especially at full strenght..

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2016, 02:13:15 pm »

"And I kindly asked you not to allow the continent that we now learn harbours a demon into the world. If you want me to do something, then maybe you shouldn't ignore opportunities to have me owe you a favour beforehand"
You do owe me a favour. Did you already forget the angel that now stands by your side?
((OOC: Honest brainderp on my part here. I forgot. Um. Not sure how to spin this))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2016, 02:18:52 pm »

My fellow gods, I do not believe this Titan will be swayed by your warnings. Indeed, it may only spur it on. Titans hate us gods to their very core. The only way to prevent catastrophe is to strike first, and prevent this vile one from carrying out its atrocity. I plead that you join my in attacking it, to defend our world. Surely the matter of my omnifruit trees or the shaping of the land can wait a turn? Or else all will die from titanic plague
"I don't believe Titans hate us. To them, we are just another entity, and they won't see us as anything else than passersby if we don't meddle with their goals. And you Om, as a God of Compassion, your aggressive reaction shocks me. I don't know what past you had with Titans, but I don't believe immediate aggressive action is the way to deal with them."

Triniteus simply ends by saying :
"As long as the Titan's action doesn't represent a threat to the integrity and balance of the World, I won't interfere. I will stand as an observer for now."
"You are ignorant Triniteus. You have not seen what I have seen. Worlds shattered. Races devoured. Plagues turning entire oceans into poison. The titans hate us gods. Everyone knows this. We gods know it. They know it. They know that we know it. They make no attempt to hide it. Why, I'm sure that if you asked the titan, it'd happily tell you that it loathes your very existence.

The titan has already said that the very existence of our planet disgusts it. Do you honestly think it will stop at a mere plague? We must end this here and now, or face the consequences, mark my words."

"It was my belief that this favour would be used in kind to not compete for another similar entity in the future or the like. I did not realize you were trying to invoke it regarding the omnifruit matter. My apologies, I pride myself on honouring my debts, but seem to have failed this time. This seems to have been merely a failure in communication. I would request that you be more explicit about calling in favours in the future.

I will note that the continent thing made me very disinclined to heed your request."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:26:05 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2016, 02:20:32 pm »

[Sleeve, Snake of Medicine]

A snake appears, but it also has wings. It is Slæve, but most just call her Sleeve (bloody foreigners).
"I am here... wherever here is."
Sleeve flicks here tongue into the air, sampling the air. She recoils from the smell, and looks at the 'sea' of the Leviathan.
"D-did nobody think to clean these waters? They're stagnant, you need things to happen down there."
Sleeve gets to work creating 3 types of waterborne life. In the Big Beast Waters. (should be 9 points)

Spoiler: Free Algæ/Algae (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waterbugs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stream Fish/Streamers (click to show/hide)
If there's a lack of lakes and rivers, use the remaining point to help in creating that.

"Phew, quite the work that was, yes it was, now, time to bring my daughters into this world."
Then Sleeve flies to the beaches, and creates some Lamia.
"There you are girls, please try to ignore the smell. Someone has let something drool all over the place.
But nature will take it's course and fix that in due time. In the meantime, enjoy the fish these waters hold. But you'll first have to catch them.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2016, 04:03:48 pm »

Asteros decides not to contact the races, because of the titan's threat.
it's probably best to do so as a Panheon anyway...
My fellow gods, it's clear that external beings will always be a threat to our beloved world. So i say we protect ourselves. Let's make a barrier, between our universe and the Great Beyond. Togehter we can make it so Powerful, no Titan or Demon Will ever be Able to pierce it. Who is with me? he says, radiating warm starlight from his wings.
He does not contact the new continet races anymore

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2016, 04:07:03 pm »

My fellow gods, it's clear that external beings will always be a threat to our beloved world. So i say we protect ourselves. Let's make a barrier, between our universe and the Great Beyond. Togehter we can make it so Powerful, no Titan or Demon Will ever be Able to pierce it. Who is with me? he says, radiating warm starlight from his wings.
"I question the feasibility of this a thing, but would be willing to aid in its creation if you do not create the omniworms"

((universe is probably the wrong word to use here))

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2016, 04:13:18 pm »

"I question the feasibility of this a thing, but would be willing to aid in its creation if you do not create the omniworms"

My  omniworms will not survive in the lands of your people. I created them that way, so we can all guide our respective people as we see fit. Are you not okay with that?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2016, 04:16:35 pm »

My  omniworms will not survive in the lands of your people. I created them that way, so we can all guide our respective people as we see fit. Are you not okay with that?
"I am not. Also, your proposal is extremely ambitious and will likely take quite some time to accomplish. You will need my help if you want to do this. Your choice.

I would request clarification on what exactly the barrier would be blocking. Would it block monstrosities for example?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2016, 04:20:35 pm »

"You are ignorant Triniteus. You have not seen what I have seen. Worlds shattered. Races devoured. Plagues turning entire oceans into poison. The titans hate us gods. Everyone knows this. We gods know it. They know it. They know that we know it. They make no attempt to hide it. Why, I'm sure that if you asked the titan, it'd happily tell you that it loathes your very existence.

The titan has already said that the very existence of our planet disgusts it. Do you honestly think it will stop at a mere plague? We must end this here and now, or face the consequences, mark my words."

Triniteus turns cold and calm.
"Indeed, I am ignorant of the ways major entities interact with each other. Though may I ask for you to temporarily withheld your powers Om ? I would like to converse with the Titan firsthand. If you judge the situation is unsalvageable afterward, feel free to unleash your might upon him."

He sighs.

"Sorry my Asthates, your materialization will take longer than expected."

Triniteus then faces the Titan of flesh and mud.
"Grotic of flesh and mud. I am Triniteus, one of the many gods of this pantheon. Will you hear me out ? There is no doubt such a powerful being as yourself must be one of great decorum, or am I wrong ?"

-If Grotic accepts to hear out Triniteus :
Engage the Titan in a discussion :
"Would you enlighten me as to what in this new world disgusts you ?"

-If Grotic refuses to hear out Triniteus :
Triniteus leaves in disappointment, and waits for the other gods action.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2016, 04:27:16 pm »

Triniteus turns cold and calm.
"Indeed, I am ignorant of the ways major entities interact with each other. Though may I ask for you to temporarily withheld your powers Om ? I would like to converse with the Titan firsthand. If you judge the situation is unsalvageable afterward, feel free to unleash your might upon him."

He sighs.

"Sorry my Asthates, your materialization will take longer than expected."

Triniteus then faces the Titan of flesh and mud.
"Grotic of flesh and mud. I am Triniteus, one of the many gods of this pantheon. Will you hear me out ? There is no doubt such a powerful being as yourself must be one of great decorum, or am I wrong ?"

-If Grotic accepts to hear out Triniteus :
Engage the Titan in a discussion :
"Would you enlighten me as to what in this new world disgusts you ?"

-If Grotic refuses to hear out Triniteus :
Triniteus leaves in disappointment, and waits for the other gods action.
The great eye of Om blinks merrily, "By all means, go ahead, though we must warn you, you're wasting your time"

Stay my hand while Triniteus talks to the titan (I'm assuming we'll have a request talk mini-update like we had the first turn before actual action resolution)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2016, 04:49:26 pm »

[Sleeve, Snake of Medicine]

A snake appears, but it also has wings. It is Slæve, but most just call her Sleeve (bloody foreigners).
"I am here... wherever here is."
Sleeve flicks here tongue into the air, sampling the air. She recoils from the smell, and looks at the 'sea' of the Leviathan.
"D-did nobody think to clean these waters? They're stagnant, you need things to happen down there."
Sleeve gets to work creating 3 types of waterborne life. In the Big Beast Waters. (should be 9 points)

Spoiler: Free Algæ/Algae (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waterbugs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stream Fish/Streamers (click to show/hide)
If there's a lack of lakes and rivers, use the remaining point to help in creating that.

"Phew, quite the work that was, yes it was, now, time to bring my daughters into this world."
Then Sleeve flies to the beaches, and creates some Lamia.
"There you are girls, please try to ignore the smell. Someone has let something drool all over the place.
But nature will take it's course and fix that in due time. In the meantime, enjoy the fish these waters hold. But you'll first have to catch them.
"
Sleeve, let me tell you story from a land lost long ago.

A family had requested a doctor come examine their family pet which contracted some illness and had become rabid and savage.

The doctor knew the disease the pet was suffering from, but could not cure it. Solemnly, he put creature out of its misery. For, as he told the family, the animal was now only threat to others, and would attack and injure everyone around it in its bloodthirst and spread its ailment.

We now have a rabid monster clawing at the door with pestilence on its breath, and yet our resident god of medicine is making fish. Why is this?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:52:27 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2016, 05:42:19 pm »

(I am using a phone for this mini-update, so sorry about misspellings or autocorrect.)

For a moment the Titan looks at you dumbly then let's out a deep belly laugh of divine proportions. Your words are bigger than you are, tiny god. I will hear the glowworm's words.

(You ask him what disgusts him.)

Tell me, glowworm, what is everything in your world made of? Influence. The stuff of the divine. Its the only thing that we have in common. The way you use influence creates disgustingly weak creatures and lands which are easy to hate and easy to crush. The arrogance of the gods fills their creations to the core. Nothing is more pleasurable than reminding the gods of their own fragility.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2016, 05:54:52 pm »

The second request comes from a Titan. I Grotic demand sacrifice from this puny pantheon. I see your fledgling world and it disgusts me to the core. Ye gods shall pay me 10 IP in tribute or I shall send a plague against your land that will plague you forever more. The crude titan seems to be made out of flesh and mud in equal proportions. While he doesn’t seem particularly bright, he does seem to have enough power to meddle in your world. [/color]

The Shining One's Voice Echoes outward into the Void, and all Beings there witness it's Righteous Light and tremble at it's Power.

"GROTIC, DIRE MAGGOT, WORTHLESS PIG! HEAR ME WHEN I SPEAK. YOUR PITIFUL SPARK OF LIFE SHALL BE EXTINGUISHED, SHOULD YOU COME AGAINST ME OR MY OWN. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."

"Such a Thought is Cowardly, Let them come against us, so long as we stand firm, they shall break as the Waves against the Rock."

"I am not. Also, your proposal is extremely ambitious and will likely take quite some time to accomplish. You will need my help if you want to do this. Your choice.

I would request clarification on what exactly the barrier would be blocking. Would it block monstrosities for example?"

The Shining One brings His Radiant Palm to His Face in an expression of Crystal Clear annoyance.

"Om, I have Spoken my opinion concerning Your Omnifruit many Times, and I shall do so Again. I, Nor My People, Shall have anything to do with Your Omnifruit. I do not know why You believe that You do the Mortals a Favor by spreading It's Corrupt Pestilence."

Zelthen then looks down at the Northern Wastes, and knows that if He doesn't fill it, another will. He swings His Sword, and from It's Gleaming Edge fly dozens of molten globs of Pure Energy. They arc out and land just outside of Sancturn and cool Rapidly, before sinking in roots and growing tall, creating the First Abuern Trees.

Zelthen Spends Influence Points to Create Abuern Trees and Place them in the Far North of the Godly Continent.

Abuern Trees are extremely useful. They grow to be exactly twelve and a half feet tall, and have thirty symmetrical branches that reach skyward, each branch has many sky blue crystalline, yet fragile, flowers, they smell soothing and will last for decades if properly preserved. The flowers can be ground into a paste that acts a disinfectant and painkiller, although it causes a Painful Headache if overused. From the branches hang many Vines that resemble Golden Fibers, these Vines are extremely strong and can function as Rope, and if processed at a Forge, can be smelted to form Metallic, Golden Wiring, although this requires immense skill to accomplish. The Branches have no Leaves, instead the Abuern Tree directly absorbs Light through It's Bark.

The Abuern Tree's Bark closely resembles Marble, although if one looked closely, they would notice that it was covered in innumerable small squares, and those squares are covered in innumerable small squares, which in turn are covered, to a sub-atomic level. These Bark-Squares function as a sort of Armored Grid which protects The Abuern Tree from parasites, fire, and microorganisms. If The Bark is scraped off, it can be made into a Sweet, Hearty Stew, or It can be used as a Building Material roughly as strong as Copper. The Bark makes excellent Paneling for Structures, and can even be Shaped into flexible Armor at a Forge, but as the Bark is prone to catching Fire and Spontaneous Combustion at extreme temperatures, it requires extreme diligence and the Smith would be wise to keep a bucket of water nearby.

The Inside of The Abuern Tree is the same blue as the Branch Flowers, but is a much deeper shade, it's Surface is covered in countless glowing lines that form complex and seamless spiral patterns that one could trace for a lifetime. The Abuern Log is very tough to cut, and takes Hours of Hard Work to obtain even one Tree's worth, but when finished, the Log has several Uses. Abuern Wood can burn for Days at a time, and once The Abuern Tree is Dead, the Wood softens and becomes very easy to work with for several weeks, before hardening and becoming comparable to smooth, dried concrete, giving it many uses for Architecture and Carpentry. If The Abuern Wood is Blessed by a Zealous Priest of The Shining One and is Forged soon after, it can be shaped like any Metal and after several Days of nonstop Forging, becomes a glowing, metallic, and beautiful Metal. Abuernite, as the Metal is called, is stronger than Bronze, but is weaker than Iron, and can be shaped into very capable Weapons and Armor. It holds a keen Edge, and it's surface is Pure and White beyond Mortal comprehension. Abuernite has a soothing touch to a Devoted Follower of Zelthen, but to an Impure Being, is as Hot as Molten Steel, and causes Corrupted Flesh to Burn in Agony for Days if cut.

Abuern Trees grow in a perfect diagonal square pattern, and their Forests are very well ordered. Abuern Trees require a large amount of Light but don't need any Water at all. The Abuern Trees reproduce by Pollinating with their Branch Flowers, and their Pollen can carry dozens of Miles away from the original Tree, or even hundreds if lifted by the Wind. The Abuern Trees live twice as long as a typical Earthly Oak Tree, and reproduce slowly. The Trees do best in Flat, Cold environments, but will grow Rapidly anywhere Luminites or other Pure Species dwell.

Zelthen then Teaches the most Faithful, Wise, and Intelligent Luminites Advanced Mathematics, and shows them how Reality is perfectly interconnected with itself, from the Smallest particle, to the Largest Continent. The Shining One then Teaches them how to Organize a Utopian, Religious Society, since the Luminites have no strife with other Luminites, this should be simple. Zelthen shows the most Skilled Luminite Warriors visions of Infinite, Eternal and Perfect Light, and then contrasts it with Endless Void and Evil Corruption, before telling them to choose which they want to experience for all of Eternity. If the Luminites respond by saying they desire the Light, Zelthen tells them to root out all traces of Corruption and Evil before it Spreads to Consume all that is Good and Righteous. If the Luminites respond by saying they desire the Darkness, Zelthen teleporting them above the World's Atmosphere.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 06:10:26 pm by Ardent Debater »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2016, 07:03:02 pm »

It brings me great pain to say this, but I was wrong... Triniteus you are no glow worm. He is! Grotic points down at Zelthen and laughs. His colossal body shaking the area as it reverberates with laughter. This puny firefly has a voice fit for such arrogant words, small and meaningless. Grotic then ignores Zelthen and returns his attention to Triniteus. The new glowworm has proven my point. The arrogance of gods is unforgivable. Unless he says he's sorry, and you pay the tribute, I will release one of my titanic creations upon your world.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2016, 07:11:02 pm »

Xenreft Looks at the Titan and Says...
"I'd PAY for you to Release One of your Awesomely Titanic Creations , How MUCH?"
And So lets it be Known just HOW mad he is.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20