Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29045 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2016, 05:02:40 pm »

Turn 3

I thank you divine Nix for this opportunity to enlighten and enlist mortals under your banner. I will be certain to focus on advancing the magical knowledge of your civilization in any way that I can. The demon is then transferred to the mortal realm. He appears above the realm and, after a moment to appreciate it, plummets like a meteor. He descends raidly in a black and red fireball directly towards Ryalliph, who manages to narrowly avoid the falling demon. As Pherse passes by the angel he gives a quick wink and a devilish smile.

Obviously annoyed by the new arrival and his joust, Ryalliph speaks: This world fills with corruption. Already hell and high water plague this ever eviler domain.

Then it's settled. Soon, with the permission of the mad god Xenraft, Zelthen, Garix, and Asteros, I will soon transpose the new continent to this land. It will take me several turns to do so however.

The regions of the world begin to take shape. First created is an a tropical region that has been claimed by Asteros. Here starfruit trees begin to grow and even a hallucinogenic moss grows near the summit of the volcano. This region dominates the eastern section of the continent. To the north Zelthen claims a land of cold winter and ice as his own. To the west a region is left to develop naturally with no guidance by any of the gods. It is still hot and is not yet ready for life to be placed upon it. To the south lays a barren and jagged wasteland with hills and cliffs abound. Deep within the earth underneath this rocky crag of a region, caves begin to form.

Life begins to take root here on the world. The first mortal beasts begin to walk the world. A type of fruiting toad finds itself flourishing in the tropical eastern region and some even manage to survive in the southern rocky wastes. Land eels spill forth from the caves and manage to survive off of any toads they can find. Yet, it is a difficult life to be a predator with little prey and their numbers start to shrink.  The omnifruit tree spreads to areas near the center of the continent, but only in the area that is technically part of the western region. Just the fringe where the land had already cooled and formed. Here the land eels managed to survive with greater ease, but with discomfort as they were not designed to eat fruit, but instead meat.

Lastly the golems are transferred to the center of the continent by Triniteus. We thank you Triniteus and will be sure to contact you and your people whenever we feel the need or desire. Until then, the land shall be protected and the earth shall grow fertile and wild. The golems set about not only guarding the marble tablet, but enriching the earth.

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Om (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Triniteus (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asteros (leonardo8) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xenraft (Crazyabe) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Garix (snowdwarf) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Free Actors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Landmarks/Objects (click to show/hide)

(This should be all updated now. If you so desire, please check me to make sure I didn't miss something somewhere.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:07:45 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2016, 05:11:18 pm »

I Create Omni Rats, which are large, Stupid, Pacifistic, and quick reproducing Vermin designed to live almost anywhere, they'd make many good meals if caught.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2016, 05:29:22 pm »

Triniteus bids farewell to the Golems, and just floats above the barren and empty land he shaped.
"I lack power for my next task. I will just watch over my lifeless land for now."

Triniteus just waits, he knows he will need much more Intervention Points for his shaping plan.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:38:33 pm by Nakéen »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2016, 12:15:38 am »

Use ten points making more omnifruit trees over the entire continent
Place the Tortons on the edges of the western region
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 01:45:17 am by Demonic Spoon »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2016, 07:54:23 am »

Om,could you please avoid doing that? I told you, i don't want my people to grew complacent. If you trust your people with this gift is fine, but don't make it spread in my region. I think Zelthen agrees with me on this. .
Then he places the Alarri in  the forest, curious to see how well they would do on the enviroment he created and how many ways to Enlightenment they would find.
Aftter that he has an idea. He knows that it will take time to successfully complete all the steps but the results would be magnificent.
He took a piece of the sun and started to mold it, shaping it in a long serpentine form. The first of the Star Dragons was created.

Star dragons:With a lenght of 50 metres and a weight over 100 tons these animals are true giants.They have serpentine bodies, with wide fins that go along their whole body lenght, supported by spines, which are longer near the shoulders and becae smaller and smaller as they get closer to the tail. They can fly gracefully in the atmosphere, but their true nature is revelealed outside of it. Not only they can survive in space, they can travel in the vacuum at the speed of light.They feed off star plasma an the adults are usually happy drinking the sun surface, but they need a solid suface to reproduce, so every century or so the females travel back to earth. Here they depose a single gigantic egg on the peak of the tallest mountain they can find then leave, trusting the egg's heat and thick shell to protect it from predators. The "baby" dragons, that are still three times the size of an elephant can fly since their birth, but they can' t reach the space until decades later. In the meantime they feed off solar energy, flying above the clouds and only coming down during the night. These babies are thechnically tamable, but it is extremely difficult and any mortal that tries to do so without a god's assistence is likely to get burned to death by a stream of solar plasma. If they are lucky enough to survive their period on the ground  and and to avoid any violent solar phenomenon the star dragons can expect to live several millenia, before dissolving into star matter again.

Create the star dragons.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:18:43 am by Leonardo8 »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2016, 08:22:17 am »

I don't want to get into a fight about a stupid tree, but I agree with the others and as I am the god of death if you spread the tree I will fly around the continent withering the plants so I suggest you don't spread them.
Garix looks at the shadows flying and screaming around him.
You will have a use my children.
Garix catches a shadow and tears him apart and he send what he created by this action to the mortal world.
I create simple ghost-like creatures being unable to harm anything in this world. They are there to watch the creatures and take them to heaven or hell when their time comes and Garix doesn't have time to do this. They live in the caves and are called the shadows.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:27:26 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2016, 09:35:33 pm »

The Shining One gazes upon the World and ponders the Disorderly, Jumbled Mass before Him. The Slits of His Eyes Narrow, and from them comes a great White Light Powerful Enough to Blind even the Gods. The Light goes down to the Earth and reaches the Northernmost Glacier, the Light Melts the Ice, sculpting a beautiful Citadel of Ice and Rock, where every facet is perfectly aligned with every other facet, each part of the Citadel is so Orderly and Pure of all perfections, that the Citadel is better described as a Vast, Perfect Sculpture. The remnants of the Pure, Holy, Sanctified Light remain in the very Essence of the Glacier, and it Glows as Brightly as the Sun, such is it's brightness, that no Impure Being can withstand it's Radiance, and the Night itself Flees before it's Shine. Observing His work, The Shining One allows Himself a slight smile. As the Light Fades to a dull glow, His perpetually neutral frown returns.

"So It Begins... Shining City, I shall name thee, Sancturn, Bastion of Purity."

Zelthen spends Influence to create a perfectly symmetrical, glowing Glacier Citadel, called Sancturn, Bastion of Purity. Only Beings deemed Pure by The Shining One are able to live there, when Mortals enter the World, the Luminites will begin their existence there. Sancturn has no Walls surrounding it, the sheer Fanaticism of the Luminites and the Power of The Shining One are it's only Defenses.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2016, 12:57:33 pm »

Turn 4

Xenraft releases a plague of rats upon the world. These vermin are not only dumb, but resilient. They can find a way to survive anywhere and eat anything. Tending to flee rather than fight, these vermin forage in the dark places of this world. Whether its a cave or a moonless night, there are omnirats scurrying.

The golems find themselves drawn to the south and many travel there to live among the rocky cliffs and stone outcroppings. Their bodies slowly changing from the otherworldly stone that was their homeland, to the stone of this world. Some even descend into the caves to care for the depths. Their race is a quiet one, spending most of their time as solid stone. Only when danger arises do they really become more active.

The Tortons descend into this world and begin to populate the fringes of the Western Region. Their race is the first of the god's children to descend upon this world. Their race is in their infancy, no more than a primordial tribe clustered around the fruiting trees which sustains them. Yet they have an innate affinity for warding magic. Given enough time this race may grow to overtake this land.

By this point it seems that the Western Region will be a temperate land of rolling hills and secluded valleys. Rivers and lakes are beginning to dot the cooling landscape. The tenacious omnifruit tree is the only plant that grows here and cropping of them can be seen anywhere a source of water permits. Om uses some of their power to spread the omnifruit to the far reaches of the world. Some sprout in the Southern Region, growing where they can find purchase on the crumbling landscape. Some manage to survive in the starfruit forests of the Eastern Region. However, none can grow as far north as the icy Northern Region.

Shortly thereafter, the Tortons are joined by the Alarri. The tiny winged race quickly takes to their jungle habitat and almost as quickly learn its dangers. Land eels catch more than a few careless Alarri. Despite this they find themselves flickering from starfruit tree to starfruit tree. However, a great many of the Alarri prefer to eat omnifruit when they can, as it is much easier to collect and eat. Like the Tortons, the Alarri are no more than a tribe, an infant civilization. Not too far away a species of star dragons is formed. These colossal beasts can grow to lengths of 50 meters. Over the course of many years star dragons grow into juveniles then and take to the stars. This can take decades to almost a century depending on the dragon's diet and demeanor. These colossal beasts spend their days flying high in the sky absorbing solar energy and their nights conserving it. They even have the ability to release stored energy as a plasma breath attack.

While the surface world turns to the sky, other gods look below. Garix creates the shadows who work as psychopomps. These intangible creatures of darkness cannot affect the material world or be harmed by it. Their sole role is to guide souls to the afterlife.

The Shining God Zelthen manifests his power into physical form. From his radiant light a reflection is created in the intricacies of ice. A perfectly symmetrical glowing glacier is formed. It's beauty is rivaled only by its accurate perfection. Truely this is a cradle worthy of nurturing the Luminites. And so the god Zelthen placed his infantile creation into the magnificent glowing bastion of Sacturn. From there the race will learn, grow, and spread until this world is free of corruption and sparkles with the beauty of Zelthenian purity.

Bastion’s construction is not a moment too soon. Dark clouds of swirling color begin to form over the entire continent. The midday’s sun is almost fully eclipsed by the thick oddly colored clouds. In that swirling gloom the mortals of the world look up in unknowing apprehension. Laughter echoes from the clouds and colorful lightning illuminates the sky. That is when it begins to rain. Globules of gooey goopy gunk begin to rain from the sky. Some globs are tiny, the size of raindrops, others are fist sized. Some however are the size of cars and small buildings. These gooey globs rain across the entire world for two days and two nights. Tortons found themselves trapped on top of hills as rolling rivers of slime turned their hilltops into islands. Alarri found themselves hiding among starfruit trees, unwilling to risk flying as even the smaller slime blobs could knock them out of the sky. The Luminites looked outward from their glowing stronghold of ice as the slime slowly rose up and over their new home. Thankfully the slimy ichor could not penetrate the building. Most of the caves in the southern region became completely filled with the goo. After two full days and nights, the rain stopped and the slime began to disappear. The Leviathan consumed a large deal of oceanic slime, which temporarily satiated its ravenous hunger.
After about a week, the rivers of slime had all but disappeared. However it is then that the slimes themselves began to take shape. Six kinds of slimes located a food source and managed to survive after the river of slime disappeared. The first is the common slime. A hearty and ubiquitous creature, its coloration is normally green yellow or blue. It grows to the size of a basketball and any larger than that it splits into two slimes. It eats almost anything and can be found scavenging on corpses and rotting logs throughout the world. The second kind is the dangerous orange ooze. It lays in wait in burrows beneath the ground and springs up in order to envelop its victims. The third kind is a small species of flying slime. These slimes have small slimy flaps and produce lighter than air gases as they digest food. They do not get larger than a fist and can be seen eating starfruit in the Eastern Region. They live in large slimy hives hidden among the treetops. The fourth is the stone slime. This grey-brown slime lives in caves and the Southern Region where it spends most of its time in a solidified stony form. However when prey wanders nearby, it pressurizes its body within its hard exterior until it bursts in a slimy explosion. After a few seconds it resolidifies trapping anything in the vicinity. The fifth is the giant red jelly. This jelly has a semi-solid body and moves by hopping (unlike slimes and oozes which crawl). This active hunter is quite durable and can completely envelop prey. It is capable of reaching surprising speeds and is a dangerous creature to be sure. However they have a low population and are territorial towards other slimes, even their own kind. The final slime is a small oceanic slime that moves much like a jellyfish. It is photosynthetic and travels in schools. It is a clear shimmering color.

Shortly after the slime disappears from the world, another catastrophe strikes. The world quakes and shakes as a second continent appears on its surface. This continent is smaller than the one you have created yourselves, but still has several forms of life on it. It seems that the gods who created it didn’t make it very far before giving up on this world. The continent itself has three regions, a north region, a south region, and a shallow sea to the west of those two regions.
The thing that draws your attention first is an ongoing war between two intelligent races who are only slightly more advanced than your fledgling people. Wielding soft metal and stone weapons the two races resume killing eachother now that the stasis is lifted. The race from the north is a race of orca-like humanoids. Their large thick bodies keep them warm in their icy homeland. The second race is a race of birdmen that come from the mesas and plains of the second continent’s southern region. They fly through the air with speed and agility. The two races seem to having an all-out war on the border between their two regions. A third intelligent race of aquatic people seems completely unaware of the ungoing war. They appear to be stout crustaceous people who grow edible coral and tend to flocks of large nautiluses. Maize, a fruit similar to a tomatoes, and a species of bird support life in the south while kelp, manitee-like herbivores, and large crabs support the north. A dark power can be felt deep beneath the earth, most likely a lesser demon, but it seems caged somehow.

Two requests are posed to the pantheon. The first comes from a species of small strange humanoids. Imagine five thick earthworms which connect to form a humanoid shape. They stand three feet tall. We are the Ickanthi, and have fled our world where we were but slaves to be used in mines. We come seeking the guidance and care of a patron god. Transposing this race into  the world will cost 8 points.

The second request comes from a Titan. I Grotic demand sacrifice from this puny pantheon. I see your fledgling world and it disgusts me to the core. Ye gods shall pay me 10 IP in tribute or I shall send a plague against your land that will plague you forever more. The crude titan seems to be made out of flesh and mud in equal proportions. While he doesn’t seem particularly bright, he does seem to have enough power to meddle in your world.

Lastly, the God Nix has decided to leave the pantheon. As determined by the other members of the pantheon the God Slaeve will replace Nix. A third request comes from his people: the Igons.

We Igons were created for this world and we belong in this world. It is our destiny and our purpose to live upon it. Will any god take us in? As we have been forsaken by our creator, we can only hope than one of his fellow gods will take us under their wing.

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Om (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slaeve (Happy Demon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Triniteus (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asteros (leonardo8) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xenraft (Crazyabe) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Garix (snowdwarf) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Free Actors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortal Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Landmarks/Objects (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2016, 01:06:47 pm »

I'll take ye.
is my reply to the Ingons and Ickanthy
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2016, 01:12:39 pm »

The second request comes from a Titan. I Grotic demand sacrifice from this puny pantheon. I see your fledgling world and it disgusts me to the core. Ye gods shall pay me 10 IP in tribute or I shall send a plague against your land that will plague you forever more. The crude titan seems to be made out of flesh and mud in equal proportions. While he doesn’t seem particularly bright, he does seem to have enough power to meddle in your world.
Om trembles in outrage at the Titan's demand. Just who did this overgrown lump of mud think it was?! Threatening them? Threatening Om's creations?!

"Begone foul being! We shall pay you no tribute!"

We Igons were created for this world and we belong in this world. It is our destiny and our purpose to live upon it. Will any god take us in? As we have been forsaken by our creator, we can only hope than one of his fellow gods will take us under their wing.
"Om will always have a place for those in need."

Offer my patronage to the Igons
Spend 17 points to make the omnifruit trees practically immune to disease and parasites, particularly the omniworms.

((Reminder that I should have gotten 5 points from Null the slime demigod))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:25:34 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2016, 01:49:45 pm »

"I refuse to bend to your will Titan. And if you were to partake in unjustified destructive action upon the world under our protection, you shall not be left unscathed. This is my warning."

After saying that, use 20 Intervention Points to turn my region into an elementally chaotic region.
"Fire", "Ice" and "Thunder" shall be coexisting in a chaotic yet beautiful equilibrium.
There shall be volcanic lands, frozen lands, and electrically charged lands.
There shall be river of lava, frozen rivers, and thunderstorm raging above the ground in monthly cycles.

After that, transpose my Asthates into this land. They will feed be able to feed on the raging elements of this region, making them thrive in this chaos.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2016, 01:50:11 pm »

Really Om? I kindly asked you not to spread your omnifruit to my region. Ok, it means i have some more work to do then.
Craete the Omniworm.
Omnivorm: a microscopic worm which parasitize the Omnitrees. The trees with this parasite can produce only few, small and sightly poisonus fruits( the poison is not letal, but it is very bothersome). The omniworm can only survive in hot climates. The tree can be cured if the right slime-based remedies are found.

Perfect. If they want the fruit now they must find a cure .Now, let's see what the new arrival has brought us.
Now le's see what the new continent offers.
I'd prefer not to start a fight but i won't be bullied in my own universe. if you follow your action with words we will destroy you.

Upon seeing the continet Asteros is surprised. It did not expect a war alredy in action.
Better not to rush into things, i must gather information first
Asteros enters the dream of the leaders of the fighting races and speaks to them.
Hear me mortal. I am Asteros god of the stars. You have now entered the world of my pantheon. So answer me. Who are you and why are you at war?
He then contacts in the same way the leaders of the croustacean people and asks more information about them too.
create the omniworm
contact all the races on the new continent
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:58:23 pm by Leonardo8 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2016, 01:59:24 pm »

My fellow gods, I do not believe this Titan will be swayed by your warnings. Indeed, it may only spur it on. Titans hate us gods to their very core. The only way to prevent catastrophe is to strike first, and prevent this vile one from carrying out its atrocity. I plead that you join my in attacking it, to defend our world. Surely the matter of my omnifruit trees or the shaping of the land can wait a turn? Or else all will die from titanic plague

Really Om? I kindly asked you not to spread your omnifruit to my region. Ok, it means i have some more work to do then.
"And I kindly asked you not to allow the continent that we now learn harbours a demon into the world. If you want me to do something, then maybe you shouldn't ignore opportunities to have me owe you a favour beforehand"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:02:16 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2016, 02:06:42 pm »

My fellow gods, I do not believe this Titan will be swayed by your warnings. Indeed, it may only spur it on. Titans hate us gods to their very core. The only way to prevent catastrophe is to strike first, and prevent this vile one from carrying out its atrocity. I plead that you join my in attacking it, to defend our world. Surely the matter of my omnifruit trees or the shaping of the land can wait a turn? Or else all will die from titanic plague
"I don't believe Titans hate us. To them, we are just another entity, and they won't see us as anything else than passersby if we don't meddle with their goals. And you Om, as a God of Compassion, your aggressive reaction shocks me. I don't know what past you had with Titans, but I don't believe immediate aggressive action is the way to deal with them."

Triniteus simply ends by saying :
"As long as the Titan's action doesn't represent a threat to the integrity and balance of the World, I won't interfere. I will stand as an observer for now."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2016, 02:07:06 pm »

I Drop my dremonians underground.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20