Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46311 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (7/?) : The First Era
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2016, 05:32:59 pm »

Ame announced :

"A new child of the Protearchs is going to wake up soon."

((You can post Atian))

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2016, 05:37:32 pm »

A beard appears out of nowhere like "magic" and magically the beard talks.

"Hello!"

Fredegar sees a human

Fredegar creates himself a body with a magnificent beard
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:44:05 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2016, 07:47:16 pm »

Check on my Night Stalkers. Choose one and change it:
Spoiler: Night Stalker Zealots (click to show/hide)
((I'll probably end up specifying a ton of stuff about how Night Stalkers act and behave, since things - you know - aren't complicated enough.))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:27:06 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2016, 08:01:16 pm »

Create the Winter's Teeth, a volcanic snowy glacial mountain range.

Create the Silt Plains, a fertile region between the Winter's Teeth and the Warm Sea. Meltwater from the Winter's Teeth forms numerous rivers and lakes on its way to the Warm Sea, and snow or ash sometimes drifts in or comes in on storms as well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2016, 08:51:51 pm »

Sub-turn 3

"....wow you guys really think you can kill me with that stuff? I could kill you all right now if I was a particularly violent God so bye.
Teleport to a different tribe!
[1] You travel to another tribe. Immediately upon seeing you, they scream :
"Theb Londud ! Theb Londud !"

Once again they turn hostile, flee in circle and firmly hold amulets.
Unlucky you, it seems you are the "Big Bad" of all living humans mythology of the World.

Give the large herbivores in the forest natural armor plating, but not perfect enough to make them immune to mankind's weapons.

Arrive at one of the settled villages (a smaller golem of course), and ask what they want built. Make it.

((For some reason, I was convinced your sphere was Life. Ugh, my bad. You got free Ether reduction, lucky you !))
Species wide alteration
Saraab loses 1000 Energy
and 100 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [3]
The forest herbivore now have armor plating. It will help them survive more.
+Plated Aggressive Land Vegetarian (thriving bonus)

[6] One of your avatars arrive at the village that was just visited by Lux.
Upon seeing you they exclaims : "Gretarth GodofLi Vink Barath ! Gretarth !"

They all throw themselves on the ground, prostrating in front of you. Seeing the deity of their myths in physical form, they are awed beyond imagination.

Using the Divine Tongue, you speak to them, asking what they want to build.
[2] They don't know.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends... was pleased with the apparent progress of the Darkshrooms. Though one day they would come to an end, for now they were good. But for now... he had a different beginning to bring. Humanity's story was just beginning. And He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginning and Ends knew that they would be an important part of this story.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends wrought a change in the fabric of the world, of reality itself. He assigned a power to a certain symbol, now called the Cycle Glyph of Knowledge. The symbol in question has the effect of allowing the sentient being making it to store knowledge within the Glyph while it is being made. Once the Glyph is completed, the knowledge the person making the Glyph is trying to store will be removed from his/her head and stored within the Glyph. Afterwards, any sentient being can touch the Glyph and transfer the knowledge from it into the being's head, also destroying the Glyph.

He then chooses an intelligent human and grants the knowledge of how to create the Circle Glyph of Knowledge into the human's head.

((...))

And he checks on the Darkshrooms, just to be sure that that's what the Fungivores are eating.
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends loses 1000 Energy
and 100 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [1]
As you create the Glyph, something goes wrong and alter your creation. It is as if your weaving was stretched on both sides, and then folded.
The power of the Glyph ends up different but still close from what you intended. The Glyph will still store knowledge.
But it will store all the knowledge and memories of the being, sending him into a coma.
If someone were to touch this Glyph, the knowledge stored would erase the being's knowledge and transfer the stored knowledge instead.
+Twisted Cycle Glyph of Knowledge "Basic of Glyph Magic ?"

[2] (would have autofailed anyway) You choose an intelligent human and tries to grant him knowledge directly into its head. But it fails, your powers don't work on him. It seems you will have to teach it directly.

Timeskip roll :
Darkshrooms [5]

As the first living entity of the black land, the Darkshrooms strived. Even when being turned into forage for the "Dark Fungivores", they kept spreading and growing peacefully.
They grew so strong they will have no problem surviving in the desert. They even developed the ability to store excessive darkness as a food reserve. Opening it will release it.
+Darkshrooms store "darkness"

"Now for the part that I cannot do. The earth must be churned constantly with the untainted soil below. I shall have to create a creature to do this for me."
He would create a race of omnivorous beetles to churn the earth of the desert for him, Bringing some of his plants from the untainted lands in to assist them. He would also infuse the desert with his own ether and energy to help all of it to grow and thrive.
New Species Creation small population -dozen-
Species Name : Arradian beetles
Description : Large orange and green omnivorous insects with above average intelligence. They make burrows into the sand and earth, mixing it and growing plants and fungi underground where possible.
Special properties :
Sentient and Sapient
Hive minded- the beetles are lead by queens, though queens may freely choose to oppose or co-operate with kin from other hives.
Semi-magical- They may gain magical abilities later on through exposure to the large quantities of ether and taint.
The Ancestor loses 2800 Energy
and 140 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [1]
You create the species of beetles, the Arradian beetles. But a hidden grain of sand wrecks the fine gear of your creation, making them...different.
-The Hive-Mind won't be exclusive to queens, kings will be able to rise. Whereas Queen will create Hive-Mind working together as a greater whole, Kings will create a Hive-Mind where their own will shall guide the whole colony.
-Semi-magical > Magical Resilience : The Beetles are naturally resilient to acquiring unnatural powers, but are also more resilient to them.

The Ancestor loses 2000 Energy
and 100 Ether
Infusion Roll 1d4 : [4]
You bring many plants from the forests and plains to the black desert.
By infusing your Ether and Energy in the desert, you make it possible for those plants to develop.
+Thrive Bonus in Black Desert

You are Exhausted. You have used up all your energy.

A beard appears out of nowhere like "magic" and magically the beard talks.

"Hello!"

Fredegar sees a human

Fredegar creates himself a body with a magnificent beard
[4] You incarnate as a godly beard in front of the human. He is awed and terrified, falling to his knees.
You greet him in the divine tongue, which allows to be understood by every beings.

"What are you ?!" shouts the human in terror and awe.

Check on my Night Stalkers. Choose one and change it:
Spoiler: Night Stalker Zealots (click to show/hide)
((I'll probably end up specifying a ton of stuff about how Night Stalkers act and behave, since things - you know - aren't complicated enough.))
Timeskip roll : [3]

You check on the cave. Nothing happened, they are still here, dormant.
You pick one of them and heavily modify it to create a sub-race.

Vorenaak loses 200 Energy
and 10 Ether
Alteration Roll 1d4 : [3]
The modification goes without a hitch. The first Night Stalker Zealot is born.

Create the Winter's Teeth, a volcanic snowy glacial mountain range.

Create the Silt Plains, a fertile region between the Winter's Teeth and the Warm Sea. Meltwater from the Winter's Teeth forms numerous rivers and lakes on its way to the Warm Sea, and snow or ash sometimes drifts in or comes in on storms as well.
Valence loses 4000 Energy
World modification Roll 1d4 : [1]
World modification Roll 1d4 : [3]

You raise the earth and bring out the magma of the depths. Altering the climate, you create the Winter's Teeth.
But [5] the magma goes awry, and overflow from the volcano, creating rivers of lava. The ice melt, turning the Winter's Teeth into a permanently active volcano, as the lava returns to the depth via many bottomless crevices.

The Silt Plains are created without a hitch though. You only have to alter the ground for it.

Ame appears in front of The Ancestor.
"You did great child of the Protearchs. But you exhausted all your energy, you should refrain from any task for now.""

GM Note : When you are out of energy, you can't do anything that will require energy the next sub-turn but you will automatically recover some Energy. You can also convert your Ether into Energy, 1 Ether => 100 Energy
There are also ways to actively/passively recover more Energy.

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic/Laws (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:16:19 am by Nakéen »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2016, 08:57:26 pm »

"This is the thanks I get for trying to save people when some maniac God wanted to kill everyone and destroy the world come on the earth god is a nice god and I'm a nice God I'm the God of luck and determination and Lord of the soul I'm not evil. "
point out and say the above.
((I dont think you can really do that it kinda conflicts with what you said earlier. They also have so myths and legends already. One of them speak about the Great Earth God of Living Breath, and its lesser minion The Blond Dude. The Blonde Dude often has the end of the stick in the myths, often screwing around and requiring the Great Earth God to intervene.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2016, 09:04:39 pm »

Wait until night is close, and make it's darkness begin earlier and end later. Then, activate my Night Stalkers, and communicate to the Zealot the locations of the humans.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2016, 09:24:55 pm »

It would settle down into the core of the hive, contented to watch my creations thrive. since It is resting It probably manifests to them as well. regardless, the Ancestor would speak to Ame.
"I understand this, and can feel it. If you do not mind, I wish to sleep among my creations for the next age."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2016, 09:30:30 pm »

I turn their simple homes (whatever they are made of) into stone structures, built to withstand all the wrath nature can throw at it.

I also build a stone temple in the middle. Within it, are seperate shrines for all the gods, with additional room for expansion. For myself, my shrine holds the symbol of two pillars.

I build a wooden wall surrounding the buildings. It doesn't offer much protection, but it is something.

Finally, I draw blueprints on stone slabs for all of these buildings, and additional ones. I call the tribesmen, "The Builders," and place upon them the task of teaching the other tribes how to build these structures.

I'm gonna toss some ether into my hidden sapling as well. I'll see what happens.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2016, 09:40:59 pm »

((I dont think you can really do that it kinda conflicts with what you said earlier. They also have so myths and legends already. One of them speak about the Great Earth God of Living Breath, and its lesser minion The Blond Dude. The Blonde Dude often has the end of the stick in the myths, often screwing around and requiring the Great Earth God to intervene.))
(("Theb Londud" is an unoriginal way to say The Blonde Dude. I only said The Blonde Dude was a lesser minion, but never precised if the Great Earth God or The Blond Dude were revered or reviled :)
Sorry if it wasn't clear, I wanted to make it so that no one initially knows what the myths and legends talk about, to determine how they see you through a roll when you meet them.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2016, 09:47:27 pm »

((Oh understood that makes sense I'm okay with that.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2016, 09:59:04 pm »

((Oh understood that makes sense I'm okay with that.))
((Thanks for your comprehension !))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2016, 10:06:03 pm »

... He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends sighed. The glyph would bring ends, and beginnings, but not as intended. But what would any human who knew how to make the glyph use it for? To prolong? To cheat entropy? Or to begin, and to end?

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends appears before the human he choose and attempted to teach him how to create the Twisted Circle Glyph of Knowledge. If the human succeeds in learning how to create the Glyph, He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends teaches his philosophy to the human.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2016, 11:26:08 pm »

Create a small village of Frell in the Silt Plains. Frell are purple skinned, tentacled humanoids. They have ammonite-like heads, protected by a spiral shell and trailing mouth tentacles. A single red eye sits in the front of their face. They are curious and adaptable by nature.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2016, 01:09:47 am »

Sub-turn 4:

"This is the thanks I get for trying to save people when some maniac God wanted to kill everyone and destroy the world come on the earth god is a nice god and I'm a nice God I'm the God of luck and determination and Lord of the soul I'm not evil. "
point out and say the above.
[2] You speak to them using the divine tongue. They answer you with outraged yelling :
"No one will fall to your lies Theb Londud !"

They throw spears at you, some of them are chanting prayers with their amulets. Of course, there is no way such puny weapons could harm your divine form.

?... : [4]
You sense wavering in the heart of some different minded individuals...
+Humans: Faith Doubts

Wait until night is close, and make it's darkness begin earlier and end later. Then, activate my Night Stalkers, and communicate to the Zealot the locations of the humans.
You lose 2000 Energy
[6] When night is close, you use your powers to force the night to come sooner. The glowing celestial orb of fire doesn't flicker even a bit and keep burning bright and hot. But the blue sky suddenly turns dark.

[4] You activate the Night Stalkers, who number a dozen or so. Communicating with the Zealot, you send them to the humans location.
+1 Interference (Vorenaak)

It would settle down into the core of the hive, contented to watch my creations thrive. since It is resting It probably manifests to them as well. regardless, the Ancestor would speak to Ame.
"I understand this, and can feel it. If you do not mind, I wish to sleep among my creations for the next age."
The Ancestor recovers 1000 Energy
No longer Exhausted

Ame answers with a soft voice :
"Your wish will be granted. Take good care of them."

I turn their simple homes (whatever they are made of) into stone structures, built to withstand all the wrath nature can throw at it.

I also build a stone temple in the middle. Within it, are seperate shrines for all the gods, with additional room for expansion. For myself, my shrine holds the symbol of two pillars.

I build a wooden wall surrounding the buildings. It doesn't offer much protection, but it is something.

Finally, I draw blueprints on stone slabs for all of these buildings, and additional ones. I call the tribesmen, "The Builders," and place upon them the task of teaching the other tribes how to build these structures.

I'm gonna toss some ether into my hidden sapling as well. I'll see what happens.

You lose 10 Energy
Such a simple task, you turn their straw and wood huts into solid rock homes. Complete with a stone temple and many shrines. And a wooden wall too, as a bonus.

Their religious leader asks : "What are those shrines for if not for you Great Gretarth ?"

[4] You draw blueprints and give a name to the tribe. The Builders. With honor, they accept this name and their task.
+Tribe "The Builders" (Saraab)

... He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends sighed. The glyph would bring ends, and beginnings, but not as intended. But what would any human who knew how to make the glyph use it for? To prolong? To cheat entropy? Or to begin, and to end?

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends appears before the human he choose and attempted to teach him how to create the Twisted Circle Glyph of Knowledge. If the human succeeds in learning how to create the Glyph, He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends teaches his philosophy to the human.
[2] You teach to the human how to create the Glyph. Successful, you teach to the (un?)lucky fellow the way of the Cycle. Everything has a beginning. Everything has an end. This is the absolute way of the world, according to your philosophy.

But you can see the human didn't accept your philosophy. With this new power, what will he do ?
+1 Interference : HWFTTDALODWSTBBAE / Glyph teaching

Create a small village of Frell in the Silt Plains. Frell are purple skinned, tentacled humanoids. They have ammonite-like heads, protected by a spiral shell and trailing mouth tentacles. A single red eye sits in the front of their face. They are curious and adaptable by nature.
Valence loses 2100 Energy +100 for the village
and 100 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [4]
In the empty Silt Plains, you create a new species and build it a village. The Frell you name them.
The result ends up better than the initial blueprints, as the Frells are far more intelligent than intended.
+Fine Intelligence

You notice Ame is nowhere to be seen. He must have wandered somewhere.

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic/Laws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Species : Frell (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:17:02 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38