Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46318 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile

Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm glad to see another had joined us.

I'm quite interested to explore how our world has changed.

He breaks apart into multiple small golems, and travels to every corner of this land. (I'm feeling lucky ;) )

Investigate the regular ocean.

Investigate the microscopic bacteria for any harmful/beneficial mutations.

Investigate the mountains, to see what has become of the Herbivores he sent there (who apparently didn't have food D: )

Investigate the "forest," to see if the trees have grown, and if the fast growing resilient plant is being kept in check with the larger herbivores.

Investigate the plane land, to see how things are going.

Investigate the rivers, to see if there is any life in them.

In case I missed them, investigate the remaining four powerful creatures.

Investigate the seed I planted.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile

Check on the humans Where are they? How do they act?.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take a look at my beasts. Then check how humanity is doing.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Appear before the humans with a smile.
"Hello! The gods are back and I'm here to say.I am Lux God of luck and determination Lord of the soul!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sub-turn 1:
Valence gives a ripple of leg clicks by way of brief greeting, then hurries off to check on his sea.

Examine the inhabitants of the Warm Sea.
You head for the Warm Sea.
Timeskip roll :
Glowdust [2]
Dustkelp [3]
Platefish [4]
Pearlworms [5]

Glowdust didn't spread a lot, with Dustkelp and Platefish eating it ravenously. The latter two managed to increase their populations, especially the Platefish who found more nutrients in the form of Dustkelp.
As for Pearlworms, they reign supreme. Feeding on Platefishes, and with no predator, they grew so much some of them became true predators.
+Variant "Predator Pearlworms" (feel free to name them)

Humanity
The ancestor returns to the world, examining the changes that humanity has had, along with the creatures and life that he had brought into the sea.
Check on the humans Where are they? How do they act?.
Take a look at my beasts. Then check how humanity is doing.
Appear before the humans with a smile.
"Hello! The gods are back and I'm here to say.I am Lux God of luck and determination Lord of the soul!"

Humanity survival/progress roll : [4] +1 (Highly Adaptable Bonus)
Humanity Interference roll : [3] (Lux) [6] (Saraab)

Humankind managed to develop and strive with great success. Conquering the land, they have taken advantage of the rich and fertile ground to cultivate the tree-fruits.
They are living in tribal societies, for now at peace with each other. You number three main tribes, two of those settled to cultivate the land, while the last one became nomadic and spread further to the edge of the world you created.
The tribes are in peace with one another, remembering the value of cooperation.

Both populations number around 100 to 400 individuals, a big change from the starting dozen.

They also have so myths and legends already. One of them speak about the Great Earth God of Living Breath, and its lesser minion The Blond Dude. The Blonde Dude often has the end of the stick in the myths, often screwing around and requiring the Great Earth God to intervene.

...along with the creatures and life that he had brought into the sea.
Timeskip roll :
Aquatic Plants [5]
Symbiotic Translucent Creature [5]
Mutated "Leviathan" Variant [3]

The sea is thriving with many aquatic plants, with far more variation than before.
The Translucent Creature is thriving too, working symbiotically with the plants.
Furthermore, both of them developed defensive strategies and substances against the mutated "Leviathan" variant, which feeds on the plants.
As a result, the Mutated Variant didn't fare so well. Its numbers are bigger than last time, but still fewer than the normal Variant.
+Many Aquatic Plant Species
+Symbiotic Translucent Creature developed defense against mutated Variant

Take a look at my beasts...
Timeskip roll :
Airborne Hunter [3] +1
Aggressive Land Vegetarian [2] (-1 not taken into account)
Smart Land Hunter [4] -1
Ocean Hunter [2]

First off, you notice the Airborne Hunter reigns supreme. Furthermore, the Airborne Hunter seems to develop signs of strong intelligence...
The Agg. Land Vegetarian didn't strive, too big too hide and too aggressive to flee, it got hunted down by predators. The population is not huge.
The Smart Land Hunter learnt to hunt in pack, but the supremacy of the Airborne Hunter greatly impacted their spreading.
As for the Ocean Hunter, the Translucents developed so effective defensive mechanisms that it couldn't strive well.
+Airborne Hunter more intelligent

He breaks apart into multiple small golems, and travels to every corner of this land. (I'm feeling lucky ;) )

Investigate the regular ocean.

Investigate the microscopic bacteria for any harmful/beneficial mutations.

Investigate the mountains, to see what has become of the Herbivores he sent there (who apparently didn't have food D: )

Investigate the "forest," to see if the trees have grown, and if the fast growing resilient plant is being kept in check with the larger herbivores.

In case I missed them, investigate the remaining four powerful creatures.

Timeskip roll :
Bacteria [2]
Herbivores [6]
Plants [3]
Variant #1 Resilience [3]
Variant #2 Fruit [3]

The bacterias didn't change much from last time. Actually, it is the same. For some reason it stopped mutating.
Because of the lack of food, the herbivores quickly decided to migrate elsewhere. And for some reason, they decided the best place for that would be the tainted land. Mutating and changing their diet, they began to feed on Darkshrooms.
The plants grew all equally well, just enough.
+"Dark Fungivore" ?

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:37:23 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-woops-

(Double posted by accident. Will use this post for Ame random blabbering)) Or not.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:35:14 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

(Double post there.)
The Ancestor would look to the darkened lands. He decides the only way to purify it would be to turn it to dust. A pulse could be felt through the world as he attempts to turn the shadowlands to sand.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Appear before one of the tribes say the lux intro.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (7/?) : The First Era
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2016, 04:07:20 pm »

Sub-turn 2:

((I forgot to do everything in the rush))
Saraab loses 1000 Energy (to split yourself)
One of your golems arrives at the seed.
[2] It didn't grow. The soil and seed is still in pristine condition.

Another arrives at the rivers.
[3] There is no life specific to the rivers. Only creatures from the sea traveling to the river from time to time.

And the others explore the plane land.
[6] Plants have spread out a lot outward, covering the plane land in a vast, really vast area around where you shaped the world.
There seems to be no end to the World. This is strange in a way, you all thought this was a planet. It must be a really big planet.

(Double post there.)
The Ancestor would look to the darkened lands. He decides the only way to purify it would be to turn it to dust. A pulse could be felt through the world as he attempts to turn the shadowlands to sand.
Looking at the darkened lands, you notice some living beings eating the darkshrooms. Despite their blackened appearance to fit in the surroundings, they don't seem that much different from other animals.

The Ancestor loses 2000 Energy
World Modification Roll 1d4 : (4)
With a pulse of power, you turn the blackened land into a dark desert. The whole black ground is turned into ebon dust.

Appear before one of the tribes say the lux intro.
[1] You appear before one of the tribe. Instantly they recognize you and shouts :
"Theb Londud !"

They all turn instantly hostile. Civilians flee, while what must be hunters and warriors surrounds you with rudimentary spears and bows. It seems you are the "Devil" of their mythology.

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:36:23 pm by Nakéen »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2016, 04:11:57 pm »

"....wow you guys really think you can kill me with that stuff? I could kill you all right now if I was a particularly violent God so bye.
Teleport to a different tribe!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:14:40 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2016, 04:12:20 pm »

Ame sends a message to you all. Its voice resonates in your mind.

"In the future, I reckon you will want to see your creations develop faster. There is a way for this, with the common consent and a part of the Ether of every gods, you will be allowed to accelerate the Time Flow of the World.
There will be drawbacks though, as you won't be affected by the accelerated Flow, meaning you won't recover your Energy and Ether."

"If you have any further questions, I am here for you. Don't forget I stayed behind to be your guide."

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »

Give the large herbivores in the forest natural armor plating, but not perfect enough to make them immune to mankind's weapons.

Arrive at one of the settled villages (a smaller golem of course), and ask what they want built. Make it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2016, 04:37:36 pm »

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends... was pleased with the apparent progress of the Darkshrooms. Though one day they would come to an end, for now they were good. But for now... he had a different beginning to bring. Humanity's story was just beginning. And He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginning and Ends knew that they would be an important part of this story.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends wrought a change in the fabric of the world, of reality itself. He assigned a power to a certain symbol, now called the Cycle Glyph of Knowledge. The symbol in question has the effect of allowing the sentient being making it to store knowledge within the Glyph while it is being made. Once the Glyph is completed, the knowledge the person making the Glyph is trying to store will be removed from his/her head and stored within the Glyph. Afterwards, any sentient being can touch the Glyph and transfer the knowledge from it into the being's head, also destroying the Glyph.

He then chooses an intelligent human and grants the knowledge of how to create the Circle Glyph of Knowledge into the human's head.

((...))

And he checks on the Darkshrooms, just to be sure that that's what the Fungivores are eating.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:43:48 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2016, 04:41:19 pm »

... was pleased with the apparent progress of the Darkshrooms...
Actually, no one checked on Darkshrooms yet. So we don't really now what happened to them, the things the "Dark Fungivores" are eating may not even be Darkshrooms...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2016, 05:26:32 pm »

"Now for the part that I cannot do. The earth must be churned constantly with the untainted soil below. I shall have to create a creature to do this for me."
He would create a race of omnivorous beetles to churn the earth of the desert for him, Bringing some of his plants from the untainted lands in to assist them. He would also infuse the desert with his own ether and energy to help all of it to grow and thrive.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38