Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 183728 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 1.5: The Something Now [21/30]
« Reply #735 on: May 01, 2016, 10:33:39 pm »

"Tut tut. All this chaos and fighting. Are world is truly doomed if these usawful and corrupt morals continue to disease the mortals."

At that moment Sliva came to notice the chaos happening on the planet.

"This will not do at all!"

Sliva shall use 5 essence to begin mortalproofing the worlds, covering up pointy bits, destroying dangerous animals and placing danger signs everywhere.
"I do not generally acquiesce to the whim of the more weaker-minded gods, but I will aid in turning this world- temporarily, into a nursery under this condition: All mortal-proofing will be reverted in 3 ticks and the dangerous animals will be put under my care."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 01, 2016, 10:33:49 pm »

"My creations will go on the most earth like planet!"

"Would you swaddle the world in cloth for eternity and smother any chance or reason for innovation? Struggle begets excellence, and excellence begets great tales. Leave the idyllic paradise for the afterlife. And speaking of. . ."

Propose: Afterlife planes cost no essence, but cannot directly affect the mortal world in any way. However, they require Essence to destroy, starting with two. A deity may contribute Essence to their plane to increase the cost of destroying it by twice the amount contributed.

SUPPORT

After a time, Dia makes the fish poof away again and stands up. She watched the planning going on and then speaks with her rainbow words.

Proposal - Opposing a proposal will now require a substitution proposal, an alternate plan, or somehow making the opposed proposal work better.

After this declaration, she sits back down as if she had not said anything and plays with some void stuff, stretching it out like taffy as if she isn't sure what to make with it.
Charon laughed.

OPPOSE

Counterproposal: A proposal will not require a proposal to be proposed for the sake of creating a counterpropsoal that will act as another proposal that may be a nominally better proposal, a worse proposal or a better proposal than the proposal the counterproposal was proposed for. Instead all proposed proposals may be opposed in the normal manner of SUPPORT/OPPOSE.
SUPPORT

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 01, 2016, 10:34:04 pm »

Ascald shall attempt to block this action, and reverse it wherever it has progressed by recreating dangerous animals and reverting the world back to its primal shape.

"And I would expect the others to do this as well.

Mortal-proofing the world? You cannot be serious. Stories worth telling are not created in nurseries."

"Oh deary you simply cant be serious. I will not allow such barbaric conditions to be forced on mortals for your strange warmongering desires."
"Yet you seem to think that we will allow you to make everything "safe" for the mortals, like an overzealous health and safety inspector. Tell me, Sliva, how do expect the mortals to grow if you coddle them so?"

"Would you swaddle the world in cloth for eternity and smother any chance or reason for innovation? Struggle begets excellence, and excellence begets great tales. Leave the idyllic paradise for the afterlife. And speaking of. . ."

Propose: Afterlife planes cost no essence, but cannot directly affect the mortal world in any way. However, they require Essence to destroy, starting with two. A deity may contribute Essence to their plane to increase the cost of destroying it by twice the amount contributed.

Saukko

Oppose

"The deities must be allowed to treat their created souls however they wish. If they desire to allow the souls of their passed to interact with the planets, I feel they should be allowed such an option."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #738 on: May 01, 2016, 10:38:52 pm »

"Perhaps I should have worded it more precisely. Deities may send mortal souls to appear as ghosts and such, or speak in dreams, or any manner of things, but they cannot send a ghost army to ravage the lands or something similar unless given some sort of conduit. The restriction is mostly to provide justification for every deity having the ability to guide followers to their side, and to prevent the exploitation of a free resource."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 01, 2016, 10:42:41 pm »

"What if i want to leave most of the souls who are uninteresting on the planet to haunt for however long until they are banished, in which i will deal with them and then let them reincarnate."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 01, 2016, 10:46:25 pm »

"Oh deary you simply cant be serious. I will not allow such barbaric conditions to be forced on mortals for your strange warmongering desires."
"Ooh...you're going to be one of those people who wants everything to be calm and boring, aren't you? No, I don't think I can have that. It's hard to get excited about anything if there's, well, nothing to get excited about. You wouldn't want the mortals to be bored their whole lives, would you?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #741 on: May 01, 2016, 10:49:22 pm »

"What if i want to leave most of the souls who are uninteresting on the planet to haunt for however long until they are banished, in which i will deal with them and then let them reincarnate."
"Then simply leave them to rot, if you so desire.

I must say, your race intrigues me. . . An immortal craftsman would produce some fine works, indeed. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 01, 2016, 10:55:14 pm »

"Then simply leave them to rot, if you so desire.

I must say, your race intrigues me. . . An immortal craftsman would produce some fine works, indeed. . ."
"Why thank you, when they are born they have nothing more then basic skills and inteligence but as they drink more blood they get smarter and stronger, eventually given the time some of them will make the strongest and sharpest of swords or the most awe inspiring statues, though the issue is them surviving that long in the first place, but im sure some of them will get there."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 01, 2016, 11:39:19 pm »

"Would you swaddle the world in cloth for eternity and smother any chance or reason for innovation?"

"Deary, protecting the world from itself is the right thing to do. Sorry if you want get to toture mortals."

Ascald shall attempt to block this action, and reverse it wherever it has progressed by recreating dangerous animals and reverting the world back to its primal shape.

Mortal-proofing the world? You cannot be serious. Stories worth telling are not created in nurseries."

"Yet you seem to think that we will allow you to make everything "safe" for the mortals, like an overzealous health and safety inspector. Tell me, Sliva, how do expect the mortals to grow if you coddle them so?"
"I expect them to grow the normal way by ageing not dieing from barbaric coditions."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #744 on: May 01, 2016, 11:43:52 pm »

"Absolute security is the absolute death of creativity and innovation - not to mention the countless animal lives you seem content to take. The mortals cannot grow in character, cannot create great works, cannot truly become anything more than mindless automatons without being presented with strife and suffering in their lives. No one in any world has ever desired to read the story of the man who lived his whole life in peace, of the infant swaddled in cloth, the child playing peacefully in the yard. If you insist upon trying to destroy these things, these forces of change and innovation, then I will be forced to act against you directly."
GM of Trespassers V2.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 01, 2016, 11:45:33 pm »

"Would you swaddle the world in cloth for eternity and smother any chance or reason for innovation?"

"Deary, protecting the world from itself is the right thing to do. Sorry if you want get to toture mortals."

"I expect them to grow the normal way by ageing not dieing from barbaric coditions."
"Evidently we don't have to worry about you challenging other gods as you'll be holding the hand of your races in eternal guidance.

"Can we eat this root, great Sliva?" "Can we use this animal as a beast of burden, guider Sliva?" "What about this tool, Sliva, is it safe for us to use?" I hope to see you grow slowly more and more frustrated as your creations incessantly demand your guidance because you won't let them experience the thrill of free will."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 01, 2016, 11:47:38 pm »

"If you really think that then just put them in the afterlife the second they are made, as the goddess of death i highly deplore your actions, if you intend to keep all the mortals safe from everything they aren't going to progress and aren't going to do anything note worthy, would you admire a king who managed to keep peace between his kingdom and ten kingdoms his whole life all the while keeping his on prosperous or a king that got peace and prosperity spoon fed to him? A world without any despair is a world without hope after all, just like a story with no conflict isn't really a story."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 01, 2016, 11:50:01 pm »

"Munr03....actually...und3rstands....why....you.....are....trying....too....ke3p...them...safe...
....What...is..wr0ng....w1th...saft3y???....
Protecting...y0ur...foll0w3rs...1s...certainly...n0bl3....
...P3rhaps...you...should...focus...on...th3m...for...n0w???..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

JayceReinhardt

• Bay Watcher
  • Why is a raven like a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 02, 2016, 12:12:15 am »

"If you really think that then just put them in the afterlife the second they are made, as the goddess of death i highly deplore your actions, if you intend to keep all the mortals safe from everything they aren't going to progress and aren't going to do anything note worthy, would you admire a king who managed to keep peace between his kingdom and ten kingdoms his whole life all the while keeping his on prosperous or a king that got peace and prosperity spoon fed to him? A world without any despair is a world without hope after all, just like a story with no conflict isn't really a story."
A world with no despair is a world with no growth. If creatures have nothing to fight for, are complacent and happy all of the time, not only will there be no growth but there would be no real reason to do anything. What is a cobbler when he does not have a reason to improve his craft? what is a blacksmith who has no reason to hone their skill with metal. What is a farmer who does not have a reason to crossbreed crops in order to make them stronger or more resistant to a specific bug?

If creations are denied the despair and strife so fervently necessary
for knowledge, growth, the ability for the race to even evolve, spread out and encourage other races to evolve, I am left with the suggestion that it is not creatures you desire, but automatons made of gears and wires, only capable of what their programming limits them to accomplish. What this suggests to me will affect other gods and not just the creations forbidden from any growth in the guise of "Safety" and "Protection"

Even a simple cut on the finger is vital as it can either lead to
infection and death or inspire a passing doctor to create the first antibiotic. Our creations cannot be babies held to our bosoms for the entirety of their lifespan Unless we intend to make a subclass of muses to inspire creations, it is an idea.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:17:41 am by JayceReinhardt »
Do not meddle in the affair of Dragons. . . . for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 02, 2016, 12:20:23 am »

A world with no despair is a world with no growth. If creatures have nothing to fight for, are complacent and happy all of the time, not only will there be no growth but there would be no real reason to do anything. What is a cobbler when he does not have a reason to improve his craft? what is a blacksmith who has no reason to hone their skill with metal. What is a farmer who does not have a reason to crossbreed crops in order to make them stronger or more resistant to a specific bug?

If creations are denied the despair and strife so fervently necessary
for knowledge, growth, the ability for the race to even evolve, spread out and encourage other races to evolve, I am left with the suggestion that it is not creatures you desire, but automatons made of gears and wires, only capable of what their programming limits them to accomplish. What this suggests to me will affect other gods and not just the creations forbidden from any growth in the guise of "Safety" and "Protection"

Even a simple cut on the finger is vital as it can either lead to
infection and death or inspire a passing doctor to create the first antibiotic. Our creations cannot be babies held to our bosoms for the entirety of their lifespan Unless we intend to make a subclass of muses to inspire creations, it is an idea.

"...Why...n0t...just...giv3...all...th4t...t0...th3m...t0...start...w1th???..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 135