Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 183626 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 0: The Nothing before [19/30] [talk-only]
« Reply #540 on: April 30, 2016, 11:24:10 pm »

"I have no interest in a fight, actually. We haven't even created anything, why should I waste my time and energy on a cretin that gets offended at every minor thing?

You will note that I said you would be cowardly only if following a particular course of action. Evidently that was your intent, else you wouldn't be so hurt. Perhaps the jab was justified then?"

"That was the exact same reason i didn't want to fight you until you pressed the issue saying i had no bite and was all bark, and yet here you are trying to say that im a coward, so then, fight me, should you lose i will revive you, you have my word, even if you don't deserve it."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 01, 2016, 12:14:05 am »

"I have no interest in a fight, actually. We haven't even created anything, why should I waste my time and energy on a cretin that gets offended at every minor thing?

You will note that I said you would be cowardly only if following a particular course of action. Evidently that was your intent, else you wouldn't be so hurt. Perhaps the jab was justified then?"

"That was the exact same reason i didn't want to fight you until you pressed the issue saying i had no bite and was all bark, and yet here you are trying to say that im a coward, so then, fight me, should you lose i will revive you, you have my word, even if you don't deserve it."

"While I appreciate one of your spheres is against this, I would much rather the first investment of my energies be something creative.

Again, I did not call you a coward; if you follow a course of action of attacking my creations in an effort to hurt me, then you would be a coward. You made several threats of vague actions to occur at an indeterminate later date, perhaps in an effort to appear intimidating. You do not scare me, Kyuu. You likely never will.

I gave you the opportunity to bury the hatchet earlier, through some collaboration when the planets are created, but you ignored that. As far as I'm concerned the matter is over. It is not my problem if you take every little thing so seriously.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 01, 2016, 12:34:56 am »

"I take insults very seriously when they strike important parts of myself, though i doubt you care."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 01, 2016, 01:07:07 am »

CNCL000.036.1: A system of two planets and a sun will be created at a cost of 4E to all. The first planet will be somewhat larger than Earth-sized but similar overall, and the second will be a supergas giant with an indeterminate, but finite number of moons. These moons can be shaped and defined by a significant usage of Essence (20E, unless someone proposes a different cost.) The first planet will have basic biospheres created at no additional cost. This planet may be connected to the moons by portals, created either by divine action or by mortals possessing magical power.
CNCL000.036: A system of two planets and a sun will be created at no cost to anyone. The first planet will be somewhat larger than Earth-sized but similar overall, and the second will be a supergas giant with an indeterminate, but finite number of moons. These moons can be shaped and defined by a significant usage of Essence (20E, unless someone proposes a different cost.) The first planet will have basic biospheres created at no cost to anyone as well. This planet may be connected to the moons by portals, created either by divine action or by mortals possessing magical power.
IB 0.01: Make everything fire.
1.2.Pb: The maximum number of planets will be limited to some function of the number of existing gods.
Angel Proposal: There is two types of Angels. Heralds and Standard Angels. The base cost of 10 Standard Angels is 1E+Calculations. The base cost of 1 Herald is 1E+Calculations. The Herald is a standard angel with increased attributes and unique skills as well as a more fleshed out personality. Standard Angels are created with specific purposes such as: Spread my faith, or Protect the Dreaming, Teach Mettalurgy etc.. While a Herald takes this standard role as important too, he also has a submission within the framework of the purpose he was created in.
I propose creating a system of 12 large round Rocks (or planets, if you prefer that term) orbiting around a glowing crystal. Will cost all gods 2E.

OPPOSE

CNCL000.044: Discard all redundant planet creation proposals

SUPPORT

~~~~
"HEAR MY SONG
PEOPLE WON'T YOU LISTEN
NOW?

SING ALONG.
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING
NOW."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:25:32 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #544 on: May 01, 2016, 01:12:54 am »

Ascald sighs again.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 01, 2016, 01:17:35 am »

The universe's metaphysical riffs turn inward, as if distracted from their natural course.

IS THERE A PROBLEM.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #546 on: May 01, 2016, 01:20:06 am »

"The sudden opposition of a compromise that has been refined through several iterations and seemed to satisfy everyone within reason."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 01, 2016, 01:24:50 am »

PROPOSAL 036 IS REDUNDANT. ALL REDUNDANT PROPOSALS MUST BE PURGED. PROPOSAL 036.1 IS LIKELY TO PASS REGARDLESS OF MY OPPOSITION.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 01, 2016, 05:07:39 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]
"The sudden opposition of a compromise that has been refined through several iterations and seemed to satisfy everyone within reason."
"Did one forget GID:02? The proposal of only one sphere of earth. One's proposal of countless separate earths is foolish and should not pass.
GID:02 is good, Proposal 36 is not, making countless spheres of earth separate from the sphere of earth.
I will say so again, I do not understand one's desire for separation, and endless stagnation.
If one's creation is to go to these moons, nothing would be there, because none would create any there.
Or one's creation on that moon would only stagnate from endless separation.
"

"One's proposal to please every, displeases more than the proposal before."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 01, 2016, 05:14:42 am »

>There is no 'sphere of earth'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 01, 2016, 05:24:47 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]

"One calls it planets or moons, but it is spheres of earth just by another name."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 01, 2016, 05:29:08 am »

>No.  It is matter, arranged by gravity, into a sphere.

>It might be entirely gaseous, you know. L
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 1: The Something Now [19/30]
« Reply #552 on: May 01, 2016, 05:32:32 am »

Tick 1: The Something Now

An immense sword swings in the emptiness, passing through a robed god harmlessly, crackling with divine lightning, and leaving behind a trail of hot gas and dust. Gathered together and gently shaped by a colossal black jellyfish, an orb of nuclear fire bursts into being, its yet young light roaring, illuminating those gathered before it. In spite of its somewhat generic appearance, something seems uniquely alive about this star.

A tome bearing the mark of infinity appears before the sun and is promptly shredded by Ascald's sword. Through Isgon's flapping and numerous explosions, the pieces coalesce into many rocks despite the cacophonous interference of Axteroid golf and Charon's ominous melodies. Slowly, deliberately, Atian presses rocks together. Carved furiously by Kyuu and given different atmospheres by Saukko, Zurion guides the newly formed planets to their intended orbits and sends them on their way. Finally, Xenia scatters countless varied fruit about the newly formed worlds, seeding them with life. Generic biospheres develop on the terrestrial world, in the gas giant's atmosphere, and in a few of the gas giant moons under The Everymind and Munroe's care and pruning. (All gods: -4E)

Status
Meow(Oblivion, Void) 16/20E
Charon(Immortality, Music) 16/20E
Axt(Weapons, Enchantments) 16/20E
Vir(Dungeons, Dragons) 16/20E
Munroe(Explosions) 16/20E
Saukko(Weather) 16/20E
Isgon(Knowledge, Books) 16/20E
Urthon(Secrets, Darkness) 16/20E
Atian(War, Chaos) 16/20E
Dreadnog(Occultism, Torture) 16/20E
Kyuu(Destruction, Death) 16/20E
Sliva(Health, Peace) 16/20E
Zurion(Turtles, Discipline) 16/20E
Flue(Promises, Curiosity) 16/20E
Ascald(Craftsmanship) 16/20E
Xenia Satis(Hospitality, Plenty) 16/20E
Sollia(Fire, Passion) 16/20E
The Everybrain(Sentient Beings, Genericism) 16/20E
Dyastopia(Sloth, Despair) 16/20E
Dorkàr(Stone, Metal) 16/20E
Cyber Dragon(Science, Knowledge) 16/20E

Council resolutions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Proposalog

Likely to fail
1.2.Pbf: A flat, earth like world will be created. The world will float on the back of a chocolate lab wearing a jetpack. The world will be 350 x 350 miles. (~3e11km2)
   +3 from Isgon, The Everymind
   -5 from Ascald, Kyuu, Atian, Saukko, Charon

C5: The creation of a creature will cost 5 essence and any traits added to the creature costs 1-2 essence each depending on the traits!
   +3 from Atian, Vir, Xenia Satis
   -5 from Saukko, Flue, Charon, The Everymind, Ascald

...1: Following your sphere you gain essence, so for instance a Mountain god that builds mountains and mountain wildlife can get some essence before he is worshipped.
   +3 from Zurion, Charon, The Everymind
   -5 from Flue, Isgon, Munroe, Saukko, Ascald

...1.1: In the form of a 0.5E flat rebate on sphere activities.
      +1 from The Everymind
      -1 from Saukko

Axe 4: Propose a realm of fire and a realm of ice, between these is the material plane, where earth will form from the mixture of fire and ice.
   +2 from Axt, Saukko
   -3 from Charon, Kyuu, The Everymind

Likely to pass
1.2.Pb: The maximum number of planets will be limited to some function of the number of existing gods.
   +4 from Ascald, Flue, Zurion, The Everymind
   -3 from Isgon, Saukko, Charon

2a: Worship is based on planet population. Worship is calculated as so: P * 0.001 * F (GM note: Actual effect is 1E/1000 regardless of planetary population because the planet populations cancel out)
   +3 from Isgon, Flue, Ascald
   -2 from Charon, Saukko

Other
0a.1?: Propose that somebody make some more proposal numbering rules.
   +1 from The Everymind

1.2.P: Planets cost a base cost of 20
   +7 from Isgon, Saukko. Ascald, Flue, Zurion, Charon, Kyuu
   -5 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Munroe, The Everymind

1.2a: Gods working together get their creation cost multiplied by a set amount based on how many gods are working together
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   +5 from Isgon, Ascald, Charon, Kyuu, The Everymind
   -6 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Saukko, Munroe, Flue

CNCL000.008: Planet's can be modified immediatly for 1 essence after they are made as long as everyone agrees on this modification and it is done in the same tick or the direct next tick.
   +4 from Vir, Flue, Zurion, Charon
   -4 from Ascald, Munroe, Isgon, The Everymind

CNCL000.009: No worlds shall ever be of exact size, and may even be several times larger or smaller than expected.
   +3 from Axt, Flue, Zurion
   -4 from Ascald, Isgon, Charon, The Everymind

C5.1: The base cost of 5,000 traitless creatures cost 5E, and traits multiply the price.
   +2 from The Everymind, Ascald

Axe 1: No worlds shall ever be of exact size.
   +5? from Axt, Ascald, Flue, Zurion, The Everymind?
   -5 from Atian, Urthon, Saukko, Isgon, Kyuu

CNCL000.020: We may have tea time whenever we damn well please, just for enjoyment and no other reasons
   +2 from Kyuu, The Everymind

CNCL000.032 (Axe 6?) (Midgard?): Midgard: Propose a world from which all other realms will be connected, be it directly, or with one who is, even if it's a near infinite amount of worlds between it and Middle Earth.
   +3 from Axt, Atian, Xenia Satis
   -3 from Charon, The Everymind, Saukko

Clean: All proposals with two more neys the ayes will be trashed
   +2 from Isgon, Charon
   -3 from Meow, Saukko, The Everymind

CNCL000.035: Create a simple earth world to get our universe started
   +1 from Isgon
   -1 from Saukko

CNCL000.041: It costs twice as much to outright destroy anything created in the initial creation of the world system than it would to create that item, save by a vote of a 3/5ths majority of gods present that Tick.  Abstaining is treated as 'no'.  Present is defined as 'has spoken during the Tick'.
   +1 from The Everymind
   -1 from Saukko

CNCL000.043: Ban on combat for the first three ticks, in addition to a three tick grace period for any new gods.
   +4 from The Everymind, Isgon, Vir, Ascald
   -4 from Atian, Munroe, Kyuu, Saukko

CNCL000.046.1: Only the planet proposal with the highest amount of supports minus opposes can be enacted.
   +2 from The Everymind, Kyuu
   -3 from Saukko, Isgon, Axt

1.KJP.1: That the entity tallying the votes be called KJP.
   +1 from The Everymind
   -1 from Saukko

CNCL000.048: No more Proposals until some semblance of Reality exists.
   +2 from Urthon, Xenia Satis
   -2 from The Everymind, Isgon

CNCL000.049: I propose creating a system of 12 large round Rocks (or planets, if you prefer that term) orbiting around a glowing crystal. Will cost all gods 2E.
   +2 from Dorkàr, The Everymind
   -2 from Saukko, Charon

IB 0.01: Make everything fire.
   +4 from Meow, Munroe, Kyuu, The Everymind
   -4 from Axt, Saukko, Ascald, Charon

Spoiler: Passed (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failed (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Removed duplicate status
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:37:36 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 01, 2016, 05:42:57 am »

2a: Support

>Everymind:Create 2E of generic 4-limbed (2-arm 2-leg), 2-eyed, 1-headed worshippers on a generic planet.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:59:41 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 01, 2016, 05:45:35 am »

"Wow. It's beautiful. Now, I say we inhabit the earth with mortals.

Propose
1.2tt: Creatures have traits added onto them by multiplying the base cost by the cost of the trait. Traits costs will be decided by the being that tallies up our votes.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 135