Poll

Detoxicated's Games of Divinity

Yay
- 6 (46.2%)
Nay
- 7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3: Actual Lite OOC [21/30]  (Read 68963 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3: Actual Lite OOC [21/30]
« Reply #930 on: May 26, 2016, 11:17:10 am »

Would You consider Instinkt a mixture of Chaos and discipline?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 26, 2016, 11:59:12 am »

I'm not sure if you're talking about something else due to the nonstandard spelling and capitalization, but instinct has nothing to do with chaos or discipline. Instinctual action is something one naturally knows how to do (and to want to) without study or practice. Discipline is often about subverting one's own instincts, and chaos doesn't fit its predictability.

Compare it to a new computer coming with some programs already on it, ready to use.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 27, 2016, 03:48:00 am »

Yeah no, dropping out.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 27, 2016, 04:08:48 am »

Yeah no, dropping out.
This is sudden. Why?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 27, 2016, 04:20:28 am »

Yeah no, dropping out.
This brings something to my attention.
Will the votes remain?

Does it keep to the god's action, and thus last eternal?
Or does it require the god's continued existence?
Though the latter does mean you can influence a vote by just killing people.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 27, 2016, 04:40:57 am »

Munroe's votes remained when he died.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Fiery_Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 27, 2016, 04:56:15 am »

Munroe's votes remained when he died.

But Munroe didn't permadie or drop out. He was still able to be brought back, and then he was.
It might be different if one were to permadie or leave.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:01:06 am by Fiery_Death »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 27, 2016, 05:05:49 am »

Yeah no, dropping out.
This is sudden. Why?
The playerbase, how the game is setup to work (the players make the rules), slow updates, insufficiently detailed updates.

You want to do something interesting? Imma gonna oppose that because everything has to be nice and boring and bland.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 27, 2016, 05:41:45 am »

Yeah no, dropping out.
This is sudden. Why?
The playerbase, how the game is setup to work (the players make the rules), slow updates, insufficiently detailed updates.

You want to do something interesting? Imma gonna oppose that because everything has to be nice and boring and bland.
To be fair, the proposal Axt opposed (tranquility aura) is one that would make everything nice and boring and bland.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 27, 2016, 05:54:58 am »

Yeah no, dropping out.
This is sudden. Why?

To be fair, the proposal Axt opposed (tranquility aura) is one that would make everything nice and boring and bland.
No it wouldn't. It would add interesting spice to the setting with people trying to get into the size limited safe zones, rival gods destroying them with meteors or something etc. But anything that rubs the other players the wrong way can't be done, meaning everything has do be done in as bland and generic a fashion as possible, or buried under mountains of irrelevant rp to that no one reads. The everymind had the right idea.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 27, 2016, 07:36:13 am »

No it wouldn't. It would add interesting spice to the setting with people trying to get into the size limited safe zones, rival gods destroying them with meteors or something etc. But anything that rubs the other players the wrong way can't be done, meaning everything has do be done in as bland and generic a fashion as possible, or buried under mountains of irrelevant rp to that no one reads. The everymind had the right idea.
Then create zones that are safe. Create cities with security, not towers of tranquility. Or something that lowers likelihood of violence, not disable it outright.
It doesn't spice things up when you're flat out disabling things. There are plenty of video game examples of safe zones. They become filler areas.
Either these areas become cramped with people who do nothing, or the others will make more areas, until almost all the areas have some sort of tranquility effect.

Though even if you changed the effect to lowering of violence, I'm sure Axt will still oppose (he's still a god of war). But unlike now, he'll be opposing alone.

While yes, the council has discarded the 9 Realms setup for yet another solar system, there has been some non-standard creations.
As for the RP, eh, I like it. Different tastes for different people.
The means have to be basic and broad, but the results can be good. The problem is that in this case, quantity beats quality. Because otherwise the quantity is 0.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 27, 2016, 07:43:35 am »

Again with the right combination of nodes and disciplined magicians you can create similar effects without a magic creature.

So build a combination of say 5 nodes with tranquility effect that pacifies people down so they don't get angry so quickly, and maybe reconsider violent actions they were about to do. The mages could fortify that effect, I can't see anyone opposing that. Heck you could even create towers from where the wizards cast spells of protection and peace.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 27, 2016, 09:27:10 am »

Yeah no, dropping out.
This is sudden. Why?

Some of those are valid complaints, but your towers where opposed because people like things boring. They where opposed because the trait you wanted to make was overpowered for the price and super abuse-able. They work fine on a tower, but they can be used for anything. For example, giving this to an otherwise mundane race makes an army who nobody can ever fight purposefully. Each one would only cost .0544E each, they are cheap enough that you could make 20 with a single essence, throwing them at any and all conflicts that pop up to end them immediately and cheaply. With your starting 20E, you could make ~400 of these things, giving you 40,000 km of peace. The Circumference of the Earth is 40,075, which would mean you basically had purchased world peace with your starting income. And that is without giving it negative traits, seeing as how it could never be attacked by mundane means there are plenty it could have without issue.

Some of your complaints are valid, but the tower was simply a bad idea in its current form.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 27, 2016, 09:42:07 am »

Yeah no, dropping out.
This is sudden. Why?

Some of those are valid complaints, but your towers where opposed because people like things boring. They where opposed because the trait you wanted to make was overpowered for the price and super abuse-able. They work fine on a tower, but they can be used for anything. For example, giving this to an otherwise mundane race makes an army who nobody can ever fight purposefully. Each one would only cost .0544E each, they are cheap enough that you could make 20 with a single essence, throwing them at any and all conflicts that pop up to end them immediately and cheaply. With your starting 20E, you could make ~400 of these things, giving you 40,000 km of peace. The Circumference of the Earth is 40,075, which would mean you basically had purchased world peace with your starting income. And that is without giving it negative traits, seeing as how it could never be attacked by mundane means there are plenty it could have without issue.

Some of your complaints are valid, but the tower was simply a bad idea in its current form.
I proposed a artifact trait after people were opposed to my peace towers in their original form, with the trait costing [x15]. Artifacts have a base cost of 1 essence, meaning that each tower would cost 15 essence. People were still completely opposed to it. If you get more than two opposals for a proposal like this it's basically a death knell because good luck actually getting enough support to overcome the opposals and pass it.

It's very clear that price isn't the problem, it's more a case of "We don't want you to do that, and because of the way the game works, we can prevent you from doing that, no matter how much essence you're willing to spend on it. Isn't this fun! Yay for not being able to do anything distinctive or interesting due to oppressive peer pressure!"

EDIT: And you're math is off. Each peace aura effects ~31,416 square kilometres. Multiplied by 400 that's 12,566,400. The surface of the earth according to google is 510.1 million kmē, way larger than the total peace area.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:52:23 am by Demonic Spoon »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 27, 2016, 10:29:21 am »

Theoretically you could create another dimension where all there is is peace.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72