Poll

Detoxicated's Games of Divinity

Yay
- 6 (46.2%)
Nay
- 7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3: Actual Lite OOC [21/30]  (Read 68916 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3: Actual Lite OOC [21/30]
« Reply #960 on: May 27, 2016, 06:23:05 pm »

I don't really want to have to list out my reasons in order to oppose something. Sometimes I just don't like it, for one.
Okay, but have thought about the proposer feels? He makes a proposal, in the hopes of getting it allowed, only for some random god to come along and tell him "no". Why did the god do this? He doesn't know. Is there some irreconciliable ethical difference between the two of them that would make discussion pointless? Should he even bother asking the reason? If the other god couldn't even be bothered to explain why, surely they would be too apathetic to change their vote? Perhaps the god doesn't even have a reason, ruining the proposers grand plans on a whim. And then several other gods come along and tell him "no" too, with the same lack of explanation.

Are you having fun yet?
If someone opposed my stuff, they oppose it. I don't make a big deal out of it. Plenty of other gods who can support it. If several gods oppose it, there's obviously a running theme, and likely at least one common reason. And if I can't think of why they might have opposed it, I'll ask. Most of the time, I can take an educated guess, and either try to address the concern, or let it be, if it's something I don't think is reconciliable. If they do give a reason,  I actually feel pressured to respond, lest they color other gods' thinking unduly, if they have misinterpreted. Unique Form, for example, has the same checks and balances Innate Magic does, and is meant to be nonspecific,  to avoid a glut of single-use traits.

Oh, and I would really appreciate if you guys could avoid taking a hostile tone with each other right now. I'd really rather not have all of my interactions online be competitive.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:24:49 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 27, 2016, 07:16:18 pm »

If we didn't need to wait several days to get told that we didn't do anything this tick (or perhaps the gm could even actually contact us beforehand so we don't effectively waste an entire tick!)
I can empathise on this point, for the end result if not perhaps the exact method.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 27, 2016, 07:46:36 pm »

Oh, and I would really appreciate if you guys could avoid taking a hostile tone with each other right now. I'd really rather not have all of my interactions online be competitive.

+1

Kinda getting beyond what the initial thing was about between Stirk and Demonic Spoon, edging into "No, fuck you" territory.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 27, 2016, 08:36:00 pm »

If we didn't need to wait several days to get told that we didn't do anything this tick (or perhaps the gm could even actually contact us beforehand so we don't effectively waste an entire tick!)
I can empathise on this point, for the end result if not perhaps the exact method.
Oi.

This bit here? No. Stop it. There's no such thing as wasting a tick, first off, because this ain't a timed game. This isn't a competitive Turn-Based Strategy Game. This is cooperative story telling that evolves partially through in-character competition. Don't get pissy with the GM. Don't you dare. You have to wait a couple days? Big whoop. Free game, run well, by cool dude. Cool it.

Talkin mostly about Demonic Spoon's message, by the way.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 28, 2016, 12:27:46 am »

Seriously though demonic, with your concept of a god you can go to places. just enter with a fierce peaceful anger and people will get pissed at you, which is fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 28, 2016, 02:08:55 am »

In addition, I would be more inclined to argue with the people if they did more than post single word "oppose"'s or such lines as "There is no circumstance where this trait should ever be allowed.", neatly shutting down any discussion I might have with them.
I'm just gonna assume you're going directly after Axt there.
Axt is a god of war, he may have spheres of weapons and enchantment, but he's definitely a war god on top of that.
He hates peace, it's good between wars, but it should never last. Your peace towers and aura is something he absolutely loathes.

Basically, the god I'm playing, is an asshole. Which is why I'm not enjoying playing him as much.
But, I can't just retire him, or make him kill himself. As that would contradict his character.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 28, 2016, 02:25:27 am »

But, I can't just retire him, or make him kill himself. As that would contradict his character.
Doesn't matter. If you don't like playing him, you shouldn't be obligated to play him. Kill/retire the character.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 28, 2016, 02:35:53 am »

Doesn't matter. If you don't like playing him, you shouldn't be obligated to play him. Kill/retire the character.
That would be out-of-character for Axt. I need a reason to retire/kill the character. And even if I kill him, he'll just be revived again.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 28, 2016, 02:39:54 am »

That would be out-of-character for Axt. I need a reason to retire/kill the character. And even if I kill him, he'll just be revived again.
You don't need an IC reason to do away with him. Seriously, if you're not happy playing him, don't play him.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 28, 2016, 02:45:44 am »

I need a reason to retire/kill the character. And even if I kill him, he'll just be revived again.
Have him do (not just say) something so controversial, one of the more aggressive gods will kill him. Due to the controversy, revival is unlikely.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 28, 2016, 02:49:43 am »

You don't need an IC reason to do away with him. Seriously, if you're not happy playing him, don't play him.
Leaving him has an effect on the IC, therefore I need an IC reason. He wouldn't leave a realm, and he wouldn't kill himself.

I need a reason to retire/kill the character. And even if I kill him, he'll just be revived again.
Have him do (not just say) something so controversial, one of the more aggressive gods will kill him. Due to the controversy, revival is unlikely.
You mean like stabbing a planet, creating bloodthirsty weapons, creating a dragon who's sole purpose is killing, or trying to create a godslayer?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 28, 2016, 02:51:19 am »

He could turn himself into an enchanted weapon or something. "You want a perfect weapon? Here it is."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 28, 2016, 02:52:33 am »

I dont know, he has also received praise from other gods. maybe he observes the world anew and finds a new understanding after he has endlessly killed enemies of his desire and recreated them for being magnificient enemies. Maybe he moves away from his war sphere all along and becomes the more mature god of conflict and contradiction, who is less inclined to destroy and more interested in change

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 28, 2016, 02:57:37 am »

Also, take my words for my words alone.
Basically, the god I'm playing, is an asshole. Which is why I'm not enjoying playing him as much.
This means exactly what it means. I enjoy playing him, but not as much as other gods.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 28, 2016, 02:59:38 am »

You mean like stabbing a planet, creating bloodthirsty weapons, creating a dragon who's sole purpose is killing, or trying to create a godslayer?
More like stabbing an inhabited area of a planet, creating bloodthirsty weapons of mass destruction, creating a dragon whose sole purpose is killing newly-created mortals or trying to use a godslayer.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72