Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who wants to continue combat and who wants to go back to Roleplaying?

Combat!
- 7 (63.6%)
Roleplaying!
- 4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 170

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes OOC: Accepting Players  (Read 112016 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes OOC: Accepting Players
« Reply #1920 on: May 06, 2016, 08:25:15 pm »

Okay, From what Shade has told me If the armor has +5 DR and the trait Reinforced (+4 DR) then the total armor's DR is +9.

Stun still didn't work XD

Frostfell Wastes=/= Trespassers. Sure the system might be the same, but the differences between the two are enormous.

This is why We have a thing called chip damage :P Also, This is to be expected :P
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1921 on: May 06, 2016, 08:27:23 pm »

wait

well fuck this can i at least take the dex penalty off of caderyn's armor because that's really fucking strong

for that matter does that mean all armor should have base 5 protection?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: May 06, 2016, 08:31:53 pm »

wait

well fuck this can i at least take the dex penalty off of caderyn's armor because that's really fucking strong

for that matter does that mean all armor should have base 5 protection?

Her armor should probably have an AGI debuff, but considering her Perk.... Hmm, I'll have to ask Shade :/

If I gave all armor base 5 protection, then what would be the difference between Light, Heavy, and medium?

Typically, Light has 1, Medium has 3, and Heavy has 5. Gelie's has 9 because she has a rare trait called Reinforced. Otherwise it would have a downside to it.

EDIT: IMPORTANT: This is why we have classes. Guardians need more DR than a Warrior, who should have more Damage.

Gelie's armor is specially built for a guardian in mind. She needs to tank damage while dishing out enough to keep aggro. on her.

Cade's armor is less important, since he needs to take damage to deal damage (Berserker) it wouldn't make sense for Cade to have Guardian style armor that prevents him from losing HP.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:34:40 pm by Sanure »
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: May 06, 2016, 08:33:08 pm »

So, how can she get a "rare trait" in a level 1 starting armor?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: May 06, 2016, 08:37:09 pm »

I'd say ask Shade, but:

It's due to the backstory and class. It's the same reason Syrgan has his hidden weapon and it's Attribute. (which you will see later on~)

I don't know, might have to ask Shade.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1925 on: May 06, 2016, 08:37:28 pm »

^
also with the idea that traits aren't reflected in base stats, 1. i have to change my gear again to reflect and 2. she should have a whopping zero effective STR
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: May 06, 2016, 08:38:37 pm »

I thought they were in the stats? If they're not, that's 9 RES on a starting bit of gear.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1927 on: May 06, 2016, 08:40:08 pm »

I thought they were in the stats? If they're not, that's 9 RES on a starting bit of gear.
Okay, From what Shade has told me If the armor has +5 DR and the trait Reinforced (+4 DR) then the total armor's DR is +9.
also, @ chip damage: 9 damage is on a nova round with ideal conditions, his average damage is going to be a fraction of that
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: May 06, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »

Hmm, I agree that Cade needs to be respec'd into a better damage dealer. After this fight want to do that?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1929 on: May 06, 2016, 08:45:06 pm »

Hmm, I agree that Cade needs to be respec'd into a better damage dealer. After this fight want to do that?
yes

though i would have liked someone to point out the fact that the tank had an action that was a straight upgrade in every single way on his before this point
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: May 06, 2016, 08:45:56 pm »

I think you need to say no to level 3+ gear on a level 1 character.
Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: May 06, 2016, 08:47:06 pm »

I think you need to say no to level 3+ gear on a level 1 character.

I could give the armor a major downside to compensate... @ATH, are you willing to give up the Reinforced trait on your armor?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1932 on: May 06, 2016, 08:48:16 pm »

I could give the armor a major downside to compensate... @ATH, are you willing to give up the Reinforced trait on your armor?
-4 STR total would follow the rules as currently laid out, since it currently seems to only be -2
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:53:23 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: May 06, 2016, 08:51:04 pm »

That elwould make my maximum damage RESISTANCE 15 correct?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: May 06, 2016, 08:52:03 pm »

Oh.... It already is -4 STR.... WEll....

@ ATH, Yeah, but hold on a second.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 170