Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Resistance-The Hornets Nest  (Read 7097 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance- Anarchy at the checkpoint
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2016, 02:05:18 am »

Damn. We didn't quite plan far enough. We need an unsuspicious edit route, really. Or at least I do, I don't look remarkable and don't have anything illegal or incriminating on me. I also need to rest to keep my power reliable.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2016, 04:59:30 am »

"You better be more careful in future. It doesn't good for comrade getting cought."

Ensure Ethan is free of any bonds holding him. Switch my gas output to something akin of thick smoke.
Are CGSA equipment marked with any tracking systems? If not, then grab something possibly usable and light enough. Shoot remaining stuff regardless few times.
Return back to Prameio.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2016, 02:02:47 pm »

((Glad your feeling better))

Praemio looks around for a car to steal using his tool palms.

No Cars to steal, the streets are empty
Damn. We didn't quite plan far enough. We need an unsuspicious edit route, really. Or at least I do, I don't look remarkable and don't have anything illegal or incriminating on me. I also need to rest to keep my power reliable.
The streets are unguarded, so are the alleyways.
"You better be more careful in future. It doesn't good for comrade getting cought."

Ensure Ethan is free of any bonds holding him. Switch my gas output to something akin of thick smoke.
Are CGSA equipment marked with any tracking systems? If not, then grab something possibly usable and light enough. Shoot remaining stuff regardless few times.
Return back to Prameio.

You have nothing to cut the tie straps with. Your pores turn dark gray and this smoke  begins to waft out of your skin, whispy at first and then thick like a blanket of cloud. There is nothing of use to grab, only the large crowd control barriers and handfuls of brass from the spent rounds.

You hear the high pitch whine of the hovercycles rapidly approaching.It may already be too late to run.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2016, 02:40:48 pm »

"Hey, I have a knife somewhere in my pockets. Try finding it."

So is the APC approaching again?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2016, 11:45:57 pm »

"Hovercycles, comrade, hovercycles."

Just grab the guy and run.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 11:49:16 pm »

Hunker Down and try to not be noticed by the hovercylces.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2016, 01:21:49 am »

Take an alleyway north. Go home until tomorrow them go back to the cafe.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2016, 12:33:58 pm »

"Hey, I have a knife somewhere in my pockets. Try finding it."

So is the APC approaching again?
You give the knife to Vespene and he cuts your bonds. hen he grabs you quite forcefully (he's pretty strong!) and drags you back to the building  Prameio is in,
"Hovercycles, comrade, hovercycles."

Just grab the guy and run.
You grab Ethan and make it back to Prameio's position and not a moment to soon! Suddenly the thick cover  of your smoke that was laid down starts getting clean holes poked through it. The holes extend into the street and building walls giving the surroundings the appearance of swiss cheese.

Hunker Down and try to not be noticed by the hovercylces.
You hit the deck away from all windows and doorways. Your door bursts open and Vespene dashes in dragging Ethan behind him.
Take an alleyway north. Go home until tomorrow them go back to the cafe.
You are caught out in the open as the first hovercycle arrives. It comes so fast, blindingly fast! You see a dark object, at first a pin prick, then low to the ground and like a bolt of lightning it has already by you, a couple of hundred yards ahead making a wicked sharp turn down a cross street.
You are in a bad spot for the moment!

There is only the distant sound of  the hovercycle engines out there somewhere. Then a small object speeds in the intersection connecting to the ground where the smoke screen is. A frag mini-missile detonates, the smoke screen is dispersed by the pressure wave of the explosion and thousands of tiny sharp frgments pock mark the building faces, cracking and blowing building glass out of their frames. By a complete fluke Crikey doesn't get shredded to hamburger when she trips and hits the ground[4][5].

Another text message comes in:
We are working on a distraction for he Hovercycles, just lay low for a few minutes..

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2016, 02:10:28 pm »

Well, stop emitting gas for now. No need to give away our position with it.

Vespene sighs. "One comrade rescued, and another gets herself in trouble. Your turn to help, Ethan."
Old sigs.
Games.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2016, 02:34:20 pm »

"Wait..."

If a moment appears when I can't be seen, Teleport myself to my comrades. If no such moment appears, just lie very very still as if injured by the chaos.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2016, 02:42:46 pm »

Follow orders and lay low.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2016, 03:15:29 pm »

Buff the psychic pl0x. Also, why did I use green last time?

"I think we should do as the message said and wait for the distraction."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:17:03 pm by ManMan »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2016, 11:12:24 am »

Incidentally I will be away for the next week - please AI me sensibly (no more magic until rested, my current general aim is to escape and lie low)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2016, 08:37:56 pm »

((PTW.  Interested in joining.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2016, 10:40:39 pm »

Well, stop emitting gas for now. No need to give away our position with it.

Vespene sighs. "One comrade rescued, and another gets herself in trouble. Your turn to help, Ethan."
Yeah, I figured you'd want to stop the smoke when you dashed into the building. They blew up the residual smoke.
"Wait..."

If a moment appears when I can't be seen, Teleport myself to my comrades. If no such moment appears, just lie very very still as if injured by the chaos.
Teleport spell -1 to roll. Risky move, I like it! Lying there on the street face down on pavement you whisper the verbal components to your teleport spell. The world blinks away for a millisecond and then it all flashes back. You are still on the street only a couple of yards from the door to the building of your comrades.[3] Never has a couple of yards felt so incredibly long. The explosion of that frag missile that peppered the building walls enters your minds eye and you think about the shards ripping through your body. Those bikes may fire and kill you before you have time to move.
Follow orders and lay low.
You remain hunkered down waiting for some sort of rescue.
Buff the psychic pl0x. Also, why did I use green last time?

"I think we should do as the message said and wait for the distraction."
Your psychic powers are used at will, no need to buff. Sixth sense works automatically, you don't activate it but counts against your 3 per day limit when triggered. You grab some cover and wait like Praemio  does.
((PTW.  Interested in joining.))
I'll try and work you in to the story. I'm trying to think of a role that you could have in the group. Interdimensional being? Temporal master? Perhaps you'll be the diversion.

The sounds outside are like a track side seat at Formula 1. The hovercycles peel through the intersection like a swarm of angry wasps trying to identify targets. It's obvious they don't know which building you entered because they haven't blown it to rubble yet. That could all change in a moment though due to the fact that Crikey suddenly appeared twenty feet from the entrance. The roar of several  APC engines can be heard growing in volume out side. The troops are arriving to clear out the buildings in the immediate area, or so you'd guess.

Our diversion is arriving momentarily. Hopefully it's enough to attract attention..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5