Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Resistance-The Hornets Nest  (Read 7079 times)

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Resistance-The Hornets Nest
« on: April 26, 2016, 12:17:26 am »

Resistance is futile

Approved Message:
In the future all of humanity lives safe and sound inside the walls of  a handful of dystopian utopian  mega cities owned by private corporations. All citizens are completely free to do as they like within the walls of these cities such as work at a fulfilling job, buy products offered for sale by the corporations and obey the rules which keep everyone safe. How can everyone be safe by following rules? It's easy! Don't use magic- The interdimensional beings outside our walls are attracted to  magic energies and besides it's dangerous and unpredictable compared to technology. All mutants must register with the state. Then they can live in  special more comfortable residences away from all the "norms". report all unregistered mutants to an officer of the Central Government Security Agency immediately! Also, no weapons within the city, why would you need them? CGSA officers patrol day and night to find and wipe out crime and corruption so that you may walk the streets without fear.So you see, it's easy to find peace and fulfilment within our city walls, so remember, work hard, spend big and enjoy life with all the many goods you can purchase at our licensed stores.

Unapproved Message:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet:
Game Rules:
Classes:
(1 Per Player)
Loot:
(to be divided up by the group)
Players
AoshimaMichio - Vladimir "Vespene" Nesterov -Mutant
lawastooshort - Jenny “Crikey” Johnson -Magic User
MidnightJaguar -Praemio "Jaeger" Venatoris -Bounty Hunter
ManMan-Ethan-Psychic
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:21:24 pm by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance is futile 4 players needed
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 03:45:02 am »

Name: Vladimir "Vespene" Nesterov
Description: Mutant. His skin is dotted with large green pores which he can use to emit his special gasses. 180 cm tall, his trained muscles are covered by fair layer of fat without making him looking too chubby, though it is easy to underestimate his physical strength. His mutation allows him to create and emit gas through his pores, and he can also change what kind of gasses he produces, though it will take some time to do this. He made his money by producing narcotic and hallucinogenic gasses for junkies.
Equipment: Small gasmask/rebreather to protect him from his own power.
Pump action sawed-off 12 Ga. shotgun box of shells.
Brass knuckles.
Night vision goggles.
Status: Healthy. +1 Strength Rolls. +1 Endurance Rolls. Gas Emission
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:15:48 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 06:45:19 am »

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 05:58:19 pm »

AoshimaMichio
Your character sheet is accepted.
lawastooshort
Your character sheet is accepted.

Go ahead and grab some of the loot, you can swap stuff later.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance is futile 2 players needed
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 12:16:11 am »

Some loot grabbed.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 05:09:33 pm »

Should we start with 2 players?

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 05:12:58 pm »

I'll join just give me a minute to put a sheet together. Quick question, you say Bounty Hunter has 6 bionic augments, do I choose those?
Name:Praemio "Jaeger" Venatoris
Description:  Bounty hunter: Tall about 6'5 very fit blond with mechanical eyes and something that looks very off about him, while this feeling is hard to place it may have something to do with the fact that his fingers seem to spark sometimes, or the fact that the bulge on his back sometimes twitches and a faint whiring sound can be heard, maybe its the fact that his palms seem to have a seam in them and his fingers seem a bit too flexible, maybe it's the way that his clothing seems to bulge out on his legs and the lower part of his chest, or maybe it's just the fact that he looks like he's a bounty hunter and is holding a picture with your face on it.
Equipment:
Spoiler: Bionics (click to show/hide)
E-6B Laser* with 3 E-clips
*Convertible between pistol and rifle. Removeable long barrel and buttstock grants+1 strike when installed.
Status: Healthy (for now!) (tazer hands, better eyes, spine drone,tool palms, jump jets, bone reseter. (+1 Dodge rolls) (+1 Strike Rolls)(+1 Tracking Skills))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:41:23 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 05:42:10 pm »

Yes, anything you want, but have a look at the other classes abilities and choose something close to that power balance.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 08:33:51 pm »

Post edited, if I made him a bit too OP, just tell me what to change and I'll fix it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:34:07 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance is futile 1 players needed
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 06:52:13 pm »

I'm happy with your sheet MidnightJaguar, hopefully Iawastooshort is still on board.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance is futile 1 player needed
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 11:45:54 pm »

Inside a dingy cafe with shitty coffee and even worse food the three of you meet to discuss the mundane events that happened during the last week and play cards... Or so it would seem. What outsiders don't notice is how one of you always seems to check their cell  at some point and download an encrypted file over the crappy wifi to a phone with no associations to the user and is only used for this purpose. They also don't realize that  an unregistered mutant, a mage and a bionically augmented bounty hunter sit conversing about the news or sports scores secretly planning their mission in carefully coded language. Today, just such a mission is being planned:

Two hours from now the CGSA is planning a lockdown in several level zero blocks. The lockdown  at 0.D.43 is adjacent to your teams center of operations. Your mission is to disrupt the agency's control over the block and create an atmosphere of tension and instability.  The mission pay out will be 900 credits directly to your account. You are not required to engage directly with SA troops, but damage to their equipment will net double the reward for the mission. As always, minimize collateral damage and avoid civilian casualties or the profit from the mission will be penalized as appropriate up to and including no payment. Remember your vow to never divulge information about our organization to th CGSA in the event of capture. Good luck.

The central Government is always performing these "lockdowns" In the lower levels of the megatropolis to keep tabs on who's going where, harass the plebs and bust people for low level crimes or shakedown violators to solicit bribes. They blockade all the streets with portable barriers and man them with a handful of troopers. More troopers move through the block directing anybody they find to the blockades. Everyone caught out in the open is forced to leave the block through these checkpoints until the streets are empty, then the troops pack up and go. Everyone has to carry ID papers all the time. Bad news for Vlad the mutant who's got to carry fakes, always a chance to get busted. But Praemio the bounty hunter doesn't have it much better, the scanners for augmentation are getting better all the time and the laser rifle? It' like a death sentence getting caught with that one! Conventional weapons may get you in hot water but energy weapon offences have a 'shoot on site' standing order that the SA troops will follow to the letter. So, after a few easy recon missions this is your first real field test. Supposedly other teams are working for the same secret faction you do but it's so secretive you don't even know who your really working for. Oh well, as long as those checks keep rolling in. Now it's time to plan out what your going to do to mess with today's checkpoints.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance is futile 1 player needed
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 11:55:15 pm »

Hmm, feeling of tension and instability, hey Vlad think you could use that mutation of yours in order to start gassing some of those civies with some hallucinogen?

Convert my gun to pistol mode, and stow the other parts about my person.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance is futile-Turn1-1 player needed
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 01:03:34 am »

"Of course I can, but I would prefer if they paid for it. And it can easily lead to "civilian casualties" if their trip turns bad."
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 08:02:53 am »

Hmm well you could try gassing some guards for fun and profit if you want me to I could take my drone and scout the place get a better idea of what we are dealing with.youd have to watch my back though, I can't see anything while I pilot the thing.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 08:09:44 am »

((sorry – didn’t grab any loot as I didn’t want her to start with anything specific, she’s not the type to wander about with guns))

”Perhaps we could make one of the GCSA officers appear to transform into a giant frothing mutant monster? I, erm, might be able to do that? It would be nice not to be caught in that lockdown, though… Perhaps you could also watch over me whilst I rest up to be able to do that...”
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5