Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Queen and Colony  (Read 4885 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Queen and Colony
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 09:31:55 am »

I'm not sure how new castes are made. If I had to guess, it involves importing a male breeder with the desired traits and setting it up with an unfertilized female breeder. Is that correct GM? Also, on the topic, what, if any, baby making duties do we have?

Yeah, let's go with that. Although, it doesn't matter if the female is unfertilised or not at she may simply store the male's genetic material for later use. It should be noted however that some colonies are much better at creating new castes with the help of technology.

Also, the title of Brood Queen prohibits the monarch from reproduction for both spiritual and practical reasons.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2016, 01:35:11 am »

Autumn, Month 6, Year 1

Closed Fist must be monitored CLOSELY.  We need info on leaders, numbers, geographical spread, and territories they're recruiting from. Ask Karthos to focus on them, and prepare his potential successor for that role as well.  For now, we play nice, ingratiate ourselves with the moth monks so at least the more orthodox members of the religion will not want our queen deposed.  Keep Jan the Rose-Winged under close watch.
Karthos reports:
  • The Closed Fists is an illegal sect in nearly all fiefdoms. The few places where they had been declared legal were quickly punished.
  • Any Closed Fists cells that currently exists are in hiding; that we know of the one in our territory is of extremely good luck.
  • Reports have emerged of Closed Fists texts being circulated in the eastern fiefs.
  • A cell was discovered Daimo Tog's fiefdom, although there are rumours of survivors.

5. Have Nestrana Tul pick out certain officials and individuals in various levels of our colony's society to be our PERSONAL spies, answering directly and only to us.  We could certainly use, at the very least, an internal espionage organisation that we don't have to rely too much on Karthos.
Tul reports:
  • Finding spies to serve you was not difficult, although the quality of such operatives is lacking
  • A few elites have stepped forward as contacts in an attempt to garner favour, although it would be recommended to keep these at arm's length. Some of them are more loyal to their mothers than you personally.
  • Finding useful spies amongst the lower castes was difficult without arousing suspicion. Many are in Karthos' personal service or at least enamoured with the man.

Private meeting with Keep Jan the Rose-Winged
-Start by telling Jan that we feel we are an enlightened ruler trapped in the backwards office of queen. We would like to someday bring the colony to enlightenment, but as a benevolent ruler, it is our duty to ensure that the transition is as seamless as possible. Tell him we will support a Closed Fist revolution once the following conditions are met to ensure it succeeds with minimal disruption to the colony. 1: Our own forces are largely loyal, either to us directly or to the faith. 2: We have good relations with stable Shogunate Warlords, who may provide troops to aid the cause. 3: The colony is not openly at war with any of its neighbors at the time the revolution begins. 4: We shall govern for the rest of our life; From there on out, the monks may elect and advise any member of our race as leader.
-Instruct Jan to tone down the rhetoric, especially within the hive, for now. We will claim that the order embraces us as an enlightened queen, and they don't have to confirm this so long as they don't deny it. We don't want the elites get nervous - until we strike.
-Ask if the Closed Fist might be willing to spearhead an effort to take down 'Queen' Rekov Yutcho. It would be a good way to practice and advertise their ideology without frightening the elites in the hive. Perhaps even form alliances of convenience with some nobles to get rid of her, who can then be lulled into a false sense of security and later betrayed or even possibly converted to the cause once they trust the Closed Fist.
-If Jan seems agreeable to our ideas, Request that he and the other monks pressure Shinvo to kill himself, at which point we shall make Jan our personal Monk. We would also like to be inducted into the Closed Fist if such a thing is at all possible.

Arranging a meeting with Jan was not difficult and in truth, most of the court thought nothing of it. After all, a queen ought to meet with her spiritual advisors evey now and then, yes? Of course, Lord Karthos and Tul recommended caution, especially with a member of the Fists.

After the pleasantries, small talk and rituals are completed, you settle down with a one-on-one talk with the revolutionary monk. You find it difficult to read his emotions but after hearing your proposal the monk laughs. "Sister, you are not what I expected. Oh yes, there have been many royal who follow the Stars and watch the Moon, but few would ever subscribe to the True Ways amongst the Ley, even fewer would Close their Fists once they began the journey. In truth, I do not think you understand what you say and even if you do, it is not my goal to bring about this Change. Imagine, if you will, if We blessed with Clear Minds were given this nation; we would be quickly destroyed by all that surround us. No, such enlightenment will not and cannot come. Not now, not till other goals are completed...Although I do not admire your quickness to speak of this with me."

"As for our preaching...we shall not speak much in the Hive, if we have your support for what is to come. By the Belt-Demon's tooth, we'll even slay this rebel of yours...as long as we are privy to any larvae she possesses."

"As for Shinvo...as you know sister, we cannot force a monk to Ascend; I will not stray from my own school's doctrines in this matter. If brother Shinvo wants to spend another few cycles on this world, then he is privy to do so."

Arrange for some of our digging equipment manufacturers to travel to the lands of Daimo Osh'i, to meet and exchange knowledge with his machinists. Also consider the viability of a trade tunnel directly to his lands, carefully bypassing the colonies in between us.
The trade embassy is met with some startling success, with your monks happily telling you that the stars predicted this outcome. Disguising themselves as common merchants, and kept abreast of dangers via some of Tul's geographical knowledge, they briskly arrived in Osh'i's capital with not even a scratch. Osh'i is somewhat surprised by your appearance and quickly accepts your aid, although he declines to share his machinist knowledge. The trade caravan does however return with a shipment of 'gonnes' that seem to be popular in the north. Powerful weapons, Tul advises that these handcannons are extremely inaccurate, slow to reload and often break apart after a few shots. Your manufacturers do say that Osh'i's own gonnes are somewhat more stable than others. They also advise that they've equipped two of Osh'i's digger-corps with some of your own products. They have not traded any of the colony's secrets away as Osh'i's seems reluctant to do the same.

Your merchants advise that creating a new trade tunnel that far away, without overlapping with other tunnels, could take up to 4 years if there are no interruptions. Osh'i seemed willing to agree to such a tunnel.

Send Lord Kra-phe as an ambassador to Daimo Osh'i. Accept Tull's other two proposed candidates into our court.
Lord Kra-phe settles into his new home while Lady Gor and Lord Kardol have given up their posts and joined the court. With all three candidates given new duties, the colony will likely suffer until their replacements can get their respective areas under control.

Send word to Nyz Osk. Inform her that while we are not ready to go to war, we feel that her cause is just and worthy of our support. Inform her that we would like to meet on neutral ground, (perhaps the Monks or the Empress could host us), to discuss a treaty of friendship. Inform her that the main terms we seek is an end to her forces looting on our land, and a favorable trade agreement. Say that we would be willing to impose an embargo against trade with Vy.
Nyz declines to meet personally, citing Vy's guerilla troops within her country. She is however willing to send a representative to a monastery straddling the borders of both your territories. She is willing to discuss a trade agreement and other agreements if you are willing to aid against Vy within a year's time.

If either of the warlords at our borders are among those who requested aid, send them a reasonable amount of food, digging equipment, and raw copper. If both of the neighboring warlords requested our aid, only support the larger one.
A trade caravan has been sent and quickly returns with nominal thanks from Daimo Woshen

Your digger-corps have gotten lucky; they've discovered a covert tunnel. They believe it to be part of Daimo Woshen's realm.

Lord Karthos has officially stepped down from his duties and has relinquished the role to Lord Naztok, his second-in-command. As far as you know, Naztok was birthed by a hive-breeder and was thrusted into Karthos' service early in life.

Spoiler: The Court (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Colony (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 03:14:15 am »

Shit, that meeting with the Closed Fist bastard did not go as expected.  Ah well, if they try to use the knowledge the meeting against us, deny deny deny.

1. Arrange a personal meeting with Lord Karthos' successor, Lord Naztok, get a personal appraisal of him.  Any sort of personal control we'd have over him would be in all likelihood minimal compared to his loyalty to Karthos, but it'd be good to get a handle on his personality.

2. Build more farms, either above or below ground.  More food=more population=more workers & warriors.  Our digging equipment expertise should come in handy for this.

3. Increase military presence in the former areas of our military advisors, 1500 warriors divided evenly among the three territories. Hopefully keep the peace a bit better.

4. Of the spies currently recruited by Tul, task her to training them until the most talented spies can be found and their skills improved by any noticeable degree.  Ask her to keep an eye out for candidates with exceptional infiltration skills, and especially combat capable recruits.  I want my assassin bugs. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 06:34:14 am »

Shit, that meeting with the Closed Fist bastard did not go as expected.  Ah well, if they try to use the knowledge the meeting against us, deny deny deny.

Agreed. That said, he did agree to help us take down the Rebel Queen, stop preaching hellfire while we are in charge, and also seemed pleased that we at least offered what we did. His longterm goal might well be something we cannot stomach, and we should strive to figure out what exactly it is, but I think in the short run we should make nice and even trust him if he can keep our relationship quiet. He seems to be playing the long game, and now that he knows we are willing to work with him, it is in his best interests to keep us in power; Should anything happen to us, our replacement might not be as agreeable towards his faith and ideology as we are.

1. Arrange a personal meeting with Lord Karthos' successor, Lord Naztok, get a personal appraisal of him.  Any sort of personal control we'd have over him would be in all likelihood minimal compared to his loyalty to Karthos, but it'd be good to get a handle on his personality.

2. Build more farms, either above or below ground.  More food=more population=more workers & warriors.  Our digging equipment expertise should come in handy for this.

3. Increase military presence in the former areas of our military advisors, 1500 warriors divided evenly among the three territories. Hopefully keep the peace a bit better.

4. Of the spies currently recruited by Tul, task her to training them until the most talented spies can be found and their skills improved by any noticeable degree.  Ask her to keep an eye out for candidates with exceptional infiltration skills, and especially combat capable recruits.  I want my assassin bugs. 

I agree with getting to know Naztok.

Agree with the farms. Lets put them on our border with Daimo Woshen. Farms are important, but also expendable enough that I have no qualms with using them as a test to see if this guy can be trusted.

Lets learn more about our military capabilities before we start throwing too many more troops around. We can deal with any issues the new leaders might have as they crop up.

I'd rather not put Tul on such a long term task as leading and training our new spies. I'd rather keep her schedule free so she can help us where and when we need her to.

---

My Suggestions:

Ask Lady Gor to organize a small expedition into the new tunnel we discovered, Determine if the lands indeed belong to Daimo Woshen, and if so how much damage could either side inflict upon the other by attacking through the tunnel. Also ask her what she knows about the two Warlords directly on our border.

Inform Lord Kardol that we may soon align with Nyz Osk to oppose Vy. Ask him to survey our borders with Vy and Osk, and prepare a report that addresses the following three issues:

1: Assuming we align with Osk, how much manpower can we safely free up by pulling troops from our border with her?
2: What sort of time, resources, and manpower would it take to secure our surface border with Vy?
3: Would it be viable and worth our effort to try and take some of Vy's neglected tunnels from her should hostilities break out?

Send word to Karthos, requesting that he help Kardol in his report however he can while he is on the surface, and also asking if he knows any commoners tied to our digging equipment manufacturing industry who might make good science, tunneling/engineering, or economic advisers for us.

Tell Lord Naztok to focus the spy network on recruiting defectors from Vy's elite. Surely there has got to be some discontent over the fact Vy's larva are raised on the surface, and the prospect of moving to a nation that specializes in tunnels might be appealing to some.

Ask Tul to prepare a report on unfertilized breeders under our control, namely how many we have, how quickly we could get them established producing offspring should space be found for them, and what castes they might be expected to produce members of. We will definitely need to replace the rebel queen soon, and may also start colonizing Vy's tunnels as well.

Meet with Jan again, and tell him that we accept his offer to deal with the rebel queen in exchange for her larva, and on that note ask what he plans on doing with them. To what extent does the Closed Fist breed, raise, and train members of our race? Tell him we might soon get dragged into the war between Osk and Vy, and if that happens we might seize, repair, and colonize some of Vy's tunnels. If he has access to any breeders who are loyal to the Closed Fist, or even just the faith in general, it might be wise to send them to send some of them them to our hive so that they may be in position to capitalize on any opportunities that arise.

Also talk to Jan about potentially helping us train the elites interested in serving us as spies by providing a teacher, implying that he could use the opportunity to teach them the faith, and gauge who among our upper class might be willing to help bring the colony to enlightenment down the line as well. If he is interested, tell him to work it out with Tul using Ming as a go-between. Ideally the public should only be aware that the students are studying the Moth-Faith in general so as to better win the favor of their queen, Tul, ourselves, and our future spies should be the only ones, aside from the monks and their agents, aware of the true curriculum.

Start work on the trade tunnel to Osh'i's land. See if Osh'i would be willing to speed up the process by digging from his end, or allowing us to send a crew to do it for him.

Meet with Nyz Osk's representative, and listen to her proposal as to what sort of aid she expects from us first. I want to see the results of our some of our other investigative actions before making a counter-offer.

We should start frequently inviting members of the warrior caste to dine with us, to build up their loyalty towards us.

We should also arrange monthly briefings on the state of the stars from the monks.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2016, 11:58:46 pm »

Winter, Month 10, Year 1

1.After a meeting after one of your banquets, your appraisal of Lord Naztok is rather tame. From what you can tell, he's a bureaucrat and nothing more made all the odder since his pedigree shows his mother to produce craftsmen. He is awfully dull in conservation and seems to have trouble remembering names. However, he is very good at numbers and has mentioned significantly streamlining Lord Kathos' spy network, all the while improving its efficiency. As far as you can tell, the man is all work and has very few hobbies. A cursory look by Tul revealed his abode to be quite small, almost like that of a peasant.

2. Your order have been carried out, in full sight of Daimo Woshen's border forces. While you experienced a few mishaps, the border commander sent his 'sincere' apologies for the actions of his soldiers. Woshen himself has not issued an apology. Tul hypothesises that the commander has not told the Daimo but she is unsure.

Ask Lady Gor to organize a small expedition into the new tunnel we discovered, Determine if the lands indeed belong to Daimo Woshen, and if so how much damage could either side inflict upon the other by attacking through the tunnel. Also ask her what she knows about the two Warlords directly on our border.
A quick survey shows Woshen indeed controls the tunnel although it seems somewhat dilapidated. Gor advises that the tunnel may no longer be in use. As the tunnel is far away from any of your main holdings, Woshen would be unable to do much more than burn a few farms without alerting you. If he were to march his army unopposed however, he wold have a direct path your colony, as while the tunnels are long and twisting, the pheromones make it obvious to all which way the colony is. Gor advises that the tunnel ended up leading to an old egg chamber which had been blocked up some time ago, although your tunnellers would have little difficulty digging through it.

Gor briefs you on the two Daimos.

Woshen is an old power-hungry and reckless warlord who would be quick to backstab his allies if it would get him closer to greater power. Gor recounts of how she has had many skirmishes with the Daimo's raiding parties and how her older sister once foiled one of his invasions under the previous queen.

Daimo Yote to the north is beyond doubt, an honorable man but one misguided by the Shogunate's ideology of 'might' and 'freedom'. Gor recounts of how he once sent in supplies and craftsmen to repair a broken dam in one of your border villages. That said, Yote is aligned with a confederation of Daimos seeking to place Daimo Artu on the Shogun's throne. For the last year, Yote has been under siege by Daimo Tovek, Daimo Porl and even a contingent of Daimo Woshen's men. While Daimo Yote has lost much of his land, his citadel and some of the surrounding land still holds firm.

You remember of course that Gor may be somewhat biased due to her interactions.

Inform Lord Kardol that we may soon align with Nyz Osk to oppose Vy. Ask him to survey our borders with Vy and Osk, and prepare a report that addresses the following three issues:

1: Assuming we align with Osk, how much manpower can we safely free up by pulling troops from our border with her?
2: What sort of time, resources, and manpower would it take to secure our surface border with Vy?
3: Would it be viable and worth our effort to try and take some of Vy's neglected tunnels from her should hostilities break out?

1. "Assuming that Osk does not backstab us, we could withdraw all 3000 men from the border, as well as the soldier-breeders posted there. I would however, advise retaining  a small garrison  of 500 in case of Osk's treachery."
2. "As you know my Queen, it is near impossible to fully secure a border. That said, I could post garrisons and have forts built in every known mountain pass and tunnel in six month's time and within a year and a half, I could have fortresses in most of them. Of course, this would require a great deal of lumber, food and stone, not to mention the soldiery and equipment...I would need at least 3000 men to adequately watch over the area.s Vy's people are surfacdwellers, a few men in the tunnels and a large garrison in the mountains should be sufficient. That said, a few dragonflies would make our task much easier; if we could have 500 of the beasts I could reduce our manpower needs to 2000. That mobility would allow us to quickly reinforce our any of our forts within minutes. Of course, acquiring that many would be costly as last I heard, Osk's merchantry have had a supply problem. At our last count your whole fief contains 20 dragonflies, and half of those cannot be bred."
3. "No. Absolutely not my Queen. It would be best not to awaken the Cicada."

Send word to Karthos, requesting that he help Kardol in his report however he can while he is on the surface, and also asking if he knows any commoners tied to our digging equipment manufacturing industry who might make good science, tunneling/engineering, or economic advisers for us.
Karthos sends word back, naming only Kentu, the woman in charge of manufacturing your digging equipment. She is famed throughout your colony for having revolutionised the shovel, pick and minecart countless times throughout her life. Karthos in his letter laments about the poor quality of the intelligensia of our colony. He goes on further about how the colony's merchantry are nothing to write home about.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naztok reports:
-No defectors found. All potential recruits though decrying the state of the colony were ultimately loyal to their Queen.
-A reminder: Vy's people abandoned the tunnels two generations ago; none remember their original existence.
-Solarian missionaries still present within Vy's citadel. A chapel has been built. Minor miracles observed.
-A source has revealed the presence of a bombard within Vy's citadel. Likely means to siege Ozk's hive soon.

Ask Tul to prepare a report on unfertilized breeders under our control, namely how many we have, how quickly we could get them established producing offspring should space be found for them, and what castes they might be expected to produce members of. We will definitely need to replace the rebel queen soon, and may also start colonizing Vy's tunnels as well.
[Information added to Colony section.]

Meet with Jan again, and tell him that we accept his offer to deal with the rebel queen in exchange for her larva, and on that note ask what he plans on doing with them. To what extent does the Closed Fist breed, raise, and train members of our race? Tell him we might soon get dragged into the war between Osk and Vy, and if that happens we might seize, repair, and colonize some of Vy's tunnels. If he has access to any breeders who are loyal to the Closed Fist, or even just the faith in general, it might be wise to send them to send some of them them to our hive so that they may be in position to capitalize on any opportunities that arise.
Jan explains that moths are not the most prolific breeders and that many in this land take on monastic lives. As such, many monasteries require larvae to carry out the mundane tasks of producing food and the production of goods. Of course, as Jan explains, the Closed Fists requires a bit more than that of them. He lets it slip that he intends to train them as acolytes and warrior monks.

He nods at your information, stating that he will send word  to his brothers in the east, although he laments that it would be too difficult to bring along the breeders.

As you finish your meeting with him, he opens a chest next to him, showing to you the preserved head of your rebel Queen. He simply smiles.

Also talk to Jan about potentially helping us train the elites interested in serving us as spies by providing a teacher, implying that he could use the opportunity to teach them the faith, and gauge who among our upper class might be willing to help bring the colony to enlightenment down the line as well. If he is interested, tell him to work it out with Tul using Ming as a go-between. Ideally the public should only be aware that the students are studying the Moth-Faith in general so as to better win the favor of their queen, Tul, ourselves, and our future spies should be the only ones, aside from the monks and their agents, aware of the true curriculum.

Jan agrees to your request although he does say he must wait until the next year, as new students can only be taken in the spring.

Start work on the trade tunnel to Osh'i's land. See if Osh'i would be willing to speed up the process by digging from his end, or allowing us to send a crew to do it for him.
Added to Projects.

Meet with Nyz Osk's representative, and listen to her proposal as to what sort of aid she expects from us first. I want to see the results of our some of our other investigative actions before making a counter-offer.

Nyz's representative simply asks that you send your forces to raze Vy's farmlands and destroy everything worth having. He states that since Vy is preoccupied with his Queen's lands, we would not face much beyond the initial border garrisons, poorly-armed peasantry and perhaps Vy's personal guard. Kardol advises that Vy would likely have far more men in reserve than what the representative would imply and that regardless, those 'unarmed peasants' were likely physically stronger than your peasants.

We should start frequently inviting members of the warrior caste to dine with us, to build up their loyalty towards us.
Noted.

New stat added: Wealth. Wealth is a measure of your current riches. Every time an action requires a monetary costs, it is assigned a Wealth stat. If the colony's wealth is higher than the action's cost, it is automatically acquired. If the colony's stat is lower, the colony is too poor to afford it. An action may be done over time. E.g, an item with a Wealth of 6 could be bought in two turns if the colony has a Wealth of 3.
Spoiler: The Court (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Colony (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2016, 12:25:07 am »

Christ, it's been a while, I've completely forgotten who's who  :P

On to business:

1. Inform Lord Karthos of our Daimo Woshen's forces impinging on our surface farms, put the Daimo on high priority for observation and preparation.  Lord Karthos is our surface lord, any information regarding the situation aboveground would be useful, and any independent action that he takes, should be directed towards minimising the threat of the Daimo to our people.

2. Booby trap the tunnel to Daimo Woshen's land.  Have a system where any large movement on their end of the tunnel would cause a preliminary collapse, slow them down, and also alert us.  Have a manual mechanism on our side of the tunnel to collapse the entire thing entirely.    This way we don't waste troops guarding it but also leave it open as a direct route to Woshen's territory.

3. Add Kentu to our immediate court, a technical advisor would be very handy, especially with the aforementioned booby trap plan.

4. Commit to siding with Nyz Ozk fully, remove 1500 of our warriors from her border, leaving the rest as a safeguard.  As a show of friendship, let Ozk know about Vy's plan to siege her.  OR: let the siege happen?  If we know about it, we can have troops on standby to attack Vy's forces from another angle, that would prove far more effective in aiding Ozk and winning her trust.  Just an idea.

Now what to do about actual military incursions into Vy's lands.  Small expeditions?  Any action traced back to us would lead to all out war already, which is fine if we're committed to the alliance anyway.  Prepare 1000 warriors across Vy's border, keep them on standby.

Any suggestions or amendments to the above would certainly help.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2016, 07:22:31 pm »

I'd rather that we don't show our hand quite yet in regards to the war on our southern border. We have 8 months (about two turns from what I can tell) before we need to make a move to secure the alliance. We can spend that time preparing and putting ourselves in a better position to strike.

Look into acquiring more dragonflies, breeding and not breeding sets. Set up a breeding program so we have more of them and our surface military is much better prepared. Consult with our Surface Governor and the military advisor who advised us on this about coordinating these efforts and creating the infrastructure needed to do this.

Inform Ozk about the bombard and advise that we believe that we could could set up an ambush scenario if she is willing.

Get numbers on when the next generation will be birthed, raised, trained, etc. They don't need to be perfect numbers, but having a time scale for when we'll have more people would be useful. Also get numbers about the numbers and specialties of our fertilized breeders.

Privately inquire with Jan as to if there are any resources or services that could be provided to assist in his order's objectives or make any processes more efficient.

Have our military advisors put together a group to learn how to actually use the gonnes as well as strategize on how to effectively employ them in battle.

Keep up diplomatic relations with our friendly northern Daimo. Look into other trade opportunities to be had with him.

Instruct Kardol to provide estimations in regards to providing further security along all of our current borders and how long it would take to finish constructing said fortifications. Have our Surface Govoner involved in these conversations and inquire as to the amount of troops he can spare to assist in said border securing. Give him the go ahead to start work on mountain fortifications that he is able to secure with the troops already on the border. If more are needed, do the same juggle around we did to provide our Surface Governor his troops.

I'm in favor of what you said with a few additions as above.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2016, 01:19:36 am »

PTW.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 [3]