Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,  (Read 26188 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2016, 07:19:16 pm »

"Hmmmm, I do believe we're missing someone from this little powwow. Is the quartermaster hiding? Did she die or something? That'd be splendid. If she's hiding, that's just despicable."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2016, 07:32:05 pm »

Come out of my room begin going upstairs with the medical stuff and treat any injury's.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 14, 2016, 11:40:51 am »

Cove of the Piratical Bureaucrats

"I... er..."

Jackson wants to congratulate the captain on his successful decision making, hopefully prompting the captain in turn to congratulate Jackson's glorious lead of the charge, but he's busy.

Untie myself from the cannon.

((Also, I am going away from Saturday for nearly a week, with no internet: Please AI me sensibly and hopefully by my return I may be untied))
Bluff:1-1

You are as tied to the cannon as ever. Possibly more so, it's hard to tell.

That Bloody Cat was satisfied. Time for- oh wait!

That Bloody Cat sat down next to his Captain, and mewed happily. Tuna time!

It is! Yes! He promised! You heard him very distinctly!

Remove the grapples with the gigantic scissors.
You cut away the ropes attaching the Gareth to the huge dark pirate galleon, and begni the tiring process of worming the grapples and bolts themselves out of the ship's side.

Devan wipes his brow. He settles once again behind cover, and counts the number of arrows hitting the ship.
None, right now. Arrows that had hit the ship? Several hundred, at a rough estimate.

Calmness +1.

Come out of my room begin going upstairs with the medical stuff and treat any injury's.

You run upstairs with the brine-soaked cloth and cloth-purified brine, and begin liberally applying both to the captain's injury.

Book-learning: 3

You manage the beginnings of a tourniquet/bandage thing.

"Well done, everyone! Jackson, why are you tied to the cannon? Get off there, we have a ship to loot! Devan, good shooting. that could have gone quite poorly had they fired whatever that was. Cat, you've earned that Tuna and more. Ow. Dammit, who put this paperclip in my arm. Ow! Octavius ... wow, just wow. Those are some large scissors. You'd make a mighty fine beaurocratic pirate yourself! Ahahahahahah. Hah. No but seriously, nice work."

Is that pirate ship seaworthy? Can we pilot both of them into our destination? Prize money for captured pirate ships is nice - we could pay off our debt easy peasey, if we chose to stick with the Gareth over the larger, more cumbersome thing. What's the situation with liekly pursuit at this point? Do we have time to at least do a quick snatch and grab?

If we can pilot both ships, and pursuit is unlikely, Captain Desmond will take the pirate ship and have Jackson run The Gareth. Otherwise, If we have time for looting, Captain Desmond heads to the pirates' Captain's quarters and loots what's there.

Otherwise, cut and run.

Oh, and do a quick bandage on the arm, removing the paper clip if reasonably possible.

It has a large hole in it, but you might be able to patch it up, if you weren't heading away from it rather fast. You might have been able to pilot both to your destination, but the ship is mysteriously receding from view. Pursuit... will be more likely if it looks like you're actually steering away, and haven't just been cut loose to float off and sink, but really the odds of the pirates bothering to come out of the cove are pretty poor. You might have time to loot, but the wind isn't really with you... it'd take a bit to get back there, and the thing might be sinking at an alarming rate by then. So you could probably loot with impunity, but you'd better turn about sharpish if you want to... hey, who detached the two ships?

Your call. The pirate ship will be sinking by the time you get back to it, but the odds of interference are low.

Your calculations are interrupted by some maniac grabbing your arm and pouring seawater over the wound, before tying a strip of brine-soaked cloth round either side of it with, giving no warning or explanation at all.
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2016, 11:46:49 am »

Devan borrows the large scissors from the first mate to free that random child. He thinks it's the navigator.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2016, 12:26:06 pm »

Mew insistently. TUNA NOW.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2016, 12:36:10 pm »

"You okay captain? "

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 14, 2016, 12:37:45 pm »

I haven't a modicum of an idea how we got through that, but I'm not going to argue against it.
Octavius heads over to the cannon to help Devan free the Navigator.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2016, 08:29:30 pm »

"You okay captain? "
"Yeeeaaooouuuch!" Wow, that stings! No, it's fine. it needs bandaged after all."

Cat, I said the finest tuna our destination has to offer, so be patient until we get to port, okay? meanwhile, I'll see about seting up some nets and hooks to catch fish on the way, okay? Whatever we haul in with them you are free to have, okay? But first, a little looting, gang?"

Unless outvoted, either stop the ship from drifting away and launch a dinghy for looting purposes (if that is viable), or turn around to get close to it and loot. Make sure the ship is facing back to our destination before looting though. Either way, I wish to go with the looting party, and again, to loot the captain's quarters. i'll take a hand axe to break the door down if we have one. But I'll check the door first. no sense in chopping it down if it is unlocked.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 15, 2016, 03:55:12 pm »

That Bloody Cat pauses, then turns and walks off...

Promptly heading back to the dead peacock. Munch munch.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2016, 03:59:34 pm »

"Yeah you'd be surprised what kind of medicines can be maid if you think outside the box.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2016, 11:56:33 am »

"Yeah you'd be surprised what kind of medicines can be maid if you think outside the box.
No action? Just checking.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2016, 12:04:35 pm »

((None.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2016, 12:51:20 pm »

Cove of the Piratical Bureaucrats

Devan borrows the large scissors from the first mate to free that random child. He thinks it's the navigator.
You cut him loose, wondering why on earth someone would tie themselves to a cannon in the middle of a sea battle.

That Bloody Cat pauses, then turns and walks off...

Promptly heading back to the dead peacock. Munch munch.
You chew philosophically. While there is not tuna now, there has been tuna in the past, and there may be in the future. And if there isn't, somebody will definitely die horribly.

"You okay captain? "
"Yeeeaaooouuuch!" Wow, that stings! No, it's fine. it needs bandaged after all."

Cat, I said the finest tuna our destination has to offer, so be patient until we get to port, okay? meanwhile, I'll see about seting up some nets and hooks to catch fish on the way, okay? Whatever we haul in with them you are free to have, okay? But first, a little looting, gang?"

Unless outvoted, either stop the ship from drifting away and launch a dinghy for looting purposes (if that is viable), or turn around to get close to it and loot. Make sure the ship is facing back to our destination before looting though. Either way, I wish to go with the looting party, and again, to loot the captain's quarters. i'll take a hand axe to break the door down if we have one. But I'll check the door first. no sense in chopping it down if it is unlocked.
You turn about, tack back to the the now rather rapidly sinking vessel, and preppare to climb the rigging. You get something to smash the door in with.

The scene on their deck... blood gushing still, entrails strewn across the ship, mangled remains... actually, it's a bit much. You turn down the detail on your internal narration for a bit.

The door to the largest cabin is open. It contains bodies, weapons, and bodies. The piratical bureaucrats don't seem to have had much centralised leadership. The ship hasn't been used for sailing in some time, so there's little left in the massive hold or other parts. Where do you want to look? And what do you want to take? Just any money? Some weapons? All their rope and sails? The bodies? Everything not tied down?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 16, 2016, 01:09:56 pm »

Devan boards with the captain and takes everything, regardless if it's tied down or not.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2016, 01:12:46 pm »

Feed the kid delicious candy.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28