Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 85886 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #645 on: June 19, 2016, 12:02:31 pm »

Sorry about lack of turn yesterday. Friend's birthday party lasted much longer than expected.

<Well, where should we go?  I'm looking for more Dice of Order if you can locate any.>
<Not a clue, boss, just raising your awareness of the possibility. Perhaps we could go and grab some village into me? I have no idea what Dice of Order is, so I can't help you there.>

"... Yeah, I'm done with you."

Alan looks disappointed. He once again twirls his hands around and points at the crocodile.

"Miniaturize dragon!"
2. Professor Cuddles only twitches its tail as some of its larger scales split symmetrically.

"I was at a party of sorts and basically reccomended someone come over to get help from you....I think we probably shouldn't go outside I don't like the sound of what's happening out there.
((Sorry for my absence))
"Sending business on my way? Good boy."

Mom makes her way to upstairs and peeks from window what's happening outside.

"Someone dumbass mage decided put a show with crocodile right outside of our house." she notes she returns. "He will only get himself killed when guards arrive." She continues to the cabinet where from you took her Die and rummages through it.

"Did you take my last Die?"

Dominic waves back, then clutches his arm, all while stepping back slowly and calling out to CenTreepede to come over.

"A four. Thank whoever or whatever. After all these rolls. All these cuts, all these hateful appliances, with only CenTreepede at my side, and him partially burnt.. Come on CenTreepede! out from under the floating boulder of death. Come here and prepare to run."

Dominic Casts Heal Self.
4. Papercuts close off, missing fingernail grows back (unexpectedly uncomfortable experience), and flesh and pink skin grow to cover the hole in arm. It feels a bit tender, but that's fine as long as you aren't bleeding dry. Underneath all dried blood your skin is covered with pale scars.

You notice second person waving his hand at you up on the floating boulder of impending doom. The floating island descends until its bottom touches the road gently. The man you noticed descends personally down on small piece of levitating metal. On halfway down he loses his balance and falls down on grass next to you. Something cracks as he lands on his shoulder and he grunts on response.

Getting closer look on him you notice a bountiful mane growing on his neck. Telltale sign of magic's hate. Or perhaps he is into body manipulation. Either way, he stands up feeling up his shoulder without any other indications of being hurt. Anyway, that fall makes him feel little less threatening.

Soleus waves back, and proceeds to lower the island and meets the poor fellow.
The mage waves at you and slowly backs away and the giant centipede follows him closely. You can see it is made of living wood and number of severed human limbs haphazardly scattered on obvious traveling compartment on its back. Under those you see a statue, a wooden box and large multilegged leather bag. Interesting collection. Apparently the fire on its back portion is dying down because burned section reaches further down the fire itself.

You step on the elevator thingy and descend down to meet the mage. Halfway down a gust of wind makes you lose balance and after failed attempt to regain it you fall down onto grass. In the process you break your shoulder. The pain it causes is pleasantly distant, but a constant reminder that your body is damaged. Repairs are needed, and human body is a complex piece. You stand up feeling extend of damage. Hmm, broken clavice and fractured shoulder blade. No detectable nerve damage, very minor internal bleeding. Tolerable as long as you don't need to actually use your arm.

The mage standing in front of you has many signs of pain. His clothes are cut into pieces, apparently his scalemail pants didn't protect him at all because those too are equally damaged. He's covered in dried blood from head to toes, and fresh blood is still trickling from his fingertips, source undetectable. A patch of pink skin in the same arm catches your attention, mostly because it is clear of blood, dried or otherwise. A roughly similar sized piece of flesh and skin rests among grass nearby. Judging by amount of blood on grass tells that he was bleeding lot moment ago.

Summon some clothes that are actually intact.
1. Again you end up summoning something hostile: a glob of water in size and shape of human female. It inhales and screams. On very same moment you feel sharp pain in your ears everything goes silent. You can't hear screams of seagulls or this water creature. Hmph, only if you could somehow make magic stop summoning dangerous things at you...

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 19, 2016, 12:06:57 pm »

"Well... if you can't beat them, join them. Or in this case, make them join you."

Cast a spell to tame it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 19, 2016, 12:30:45 pm »

<No eating villages unless they want to be eaten.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 19, 2016, 01:48:43 pm »

"You know, it only just now occurred to me that Professor Cuddles IS a crocodile, NOT a dragon.

Lemme fix that.

Dragonify and enbiggen Professor Cuddles!
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 19, 2016, 07:43:39 pm »

"Hi. That looks like it hurt. Did you break it?

Are we gonna fight now? I don't want to, but I warn you I have ... well, I have a two, but after that I have some good rolls. And let's be honest here, a two is pretty darn good for me. I don't have a floating island, but i did run away from one a while back. It was shooting the ground with a big beam of something. I don't know what. Well, that was after I had had my eyes put out and my eardrums ruptured, so I really didn't want to stick around to find out.

The limbs on my CenTreepede are from the sky. I htink I broke the weather. I promise I wasn't in a giant battle. Though I may have killed some town guards just a bit ago ...

but they might come back ...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:22:17 pm by Ozarck »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 20, 2016, 10:42:57 am »

"Well... if you can't beat them, join them. Or in this case, make them join you."

Cast a spell to tame it.
6. The creature changes its demeanour completely, from outright hostile to infatuated. It shatters into million droplets, each flying more or less in your general direction before arcing behind you and reforming into humanoid shape. It wraps its arms around your chest and rests its head on your shoulder, water from its body being absorbed by by your burned clothes and bandages.

<No eating villages unless they want to be eaten.>
<Then how about you convince some? Extend our self sufficiency with farmland? Gives people something more to do while lessening amount of work I need to do.>

"You know, it only just now occurred to me that Professor Cuddles IS a crocodile, NOT a dragon.

Lemme fix that.

Dragonify and enbiggen Professor Cuddles!
"
5. Professor Cuddles twitches once as its body dissolves into something loosely liquid, which in turn grows in volume and shape, before finally solidifying into what looks more like a dragon, more agile, more dexterous, more dangerous. Its crocodile origin is still discernible if you look it with calm mind, something not many will have when suddenly facing it.

It turns its head backwards to see you better. Thick muscular tongue flaps in its mouth weirdly as it hisses something you identify as master after thinking about it a second or two.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 20, 2016, 10:45:33 am »

Change the giant die to say all 2s, then all 3s, then all 2s.

Then...Well, the fortress can start looking.  But no looming.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 20, 2016, 11:07:35 am »

"Well mother....Um I only  have those dice I got from your jewlery box.
Carefully see what's going on outside.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 20, 2016, 01:40:07 pm »

"It hurts moderately, nothing important. I didn't come here to fight, but to check on you. Having you dead would be counter-productive."

Soleus gets straight to the point :
"You should have been assigned an objective. How are you faring thus far ? I can lend you some assistance if needed."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 20, 2016, 07:27:27 pm »

"It hurts moderately, nothing important. I didn't come here to fight, but to check on you. Having you dead would be counter-productive."

Soleus gets straight to the point :
"You should have been assigned an objective. How are you faring thus far ? I can lend you some assistance if needed."

You ... you don't want to fight me? I must not have summoned you with magic then. Last guy that didn't want to fight me wanted me to fight a village for tribute.

You know about my objective? Did Space PuppyKitty send you? Tell him I said hi!

Oh ... yes, I could probably use some assistance. I may or may not have accomplished one of eight parts of my objective? I had to run away before i found out if it took, you see. See, thing is, even things i don't summon generally react rather aggressively to my presence.

I have so many questions. Why are the dice breaking? What do you know about my objectives? I mayh ave cursed someone. Do you know about that? Have you had breakfast? I make a mean orange juice [here, Dominic chuckles, then looks sad]. It wasn't really a Space PuppyKitty. It was more of a Giant Room of Biggitude PuppyBundleofKitties. It may have ulterior motives, but it seemed really nice. Hey, did yo know that there are flying monsters in teh ocean? I didn't. But I do now. They aren't all in the ocean anymore either. Do you know if CenTreepede can self heal? I would like to repair him to full health. I figure he could eat some trees or something, but maybe, being a construct, he would need magically fixed.

They aren't really scale mail, you know. They're just pants..."

Dominic continues to talk with Soleus, rambling a bit as though he were not used to getting responses from living, sapient beings.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:31:44 pm by Ozarck »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 20, 2016, 07:30:36 pm »

Soleus points at Centreepede.
"Interesting construct you have here."

Then he answers :
"I don't know the full details of your objectives. May you enlighten me ? Knowing will help me help you, and I need you to fulfill your objective. Know that I can't use Wild Magic like you though."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 20, 2016, 07:34:21 pm »

"Yeah! CenTreeped is pretty great. I have another Construct. I call him Crapsack, for obvious reasons. Wanna guess what tey are?

Oh, objectives - I am to plant ... hey wait a minute, how do I know you are on my side here? Oh, yeah, you didn't instantly kill me. Well, Wait,

You can't Wild Magic? How do you fly that rock thingy?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 20, 2016, 07:41:58 pm »

Soleus looks up.
"Wild Magic. Something I did sometime ago, when I could use Wild Magic."

"I will be on your side as long as you keep walking along the path that was proposed to you. This is my task. I need to see you accomplish your objective, and you seemed to be the one in most need of help."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 20, 2016, 08:00:25 pm »

((did you catch my edit above?  I added some ramblings for Dominic, if you care to answer any of them))

"Oh. Alright I guess. Well, I have to plant these seeds in the capitals of the nations. One down, seven to go, I think. I don't know that there are eight nations, but I had eight seeds. vI planted one just now, before getting rained on.

Help? Yeah, I could use some help." Dominic scratches his arm thoughtfully. "I tend to ... things don't like me much, except CenTreepede. So maybe you could explain to things that they don't need to always try to eat me, or grow out of my arms, or ... rian body parts ... on me ... or set my friends on fire? I don't know what you can do without magic though."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 20, 2016, 08:09:22 pm »

((Woops, didn't catch edits))
"I see. I could offer you transportation then. I will also try to open a communication channel with your constructs, though I doubt I will manage anything more. I will also need more specific information about said constructs. Number, nature, designation and powers."

He then answers the various questions in a terribly brief manner :
"I don't know. Nothing that you haven't told me. No. Yes. No. I don't know."

Basically, it is clear he doesn't know that much himself about Dominic.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55