Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Second circle of hell!  (Read 25003 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." First circle of hell!
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2016, 09:26:02 pm »

agreed. instruct those already taught to teach others what we have taught them, and direct the lines of waiting people to seek their answers there, and then go.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2016, 12:48:16 pm »

Turning to the others, Temperance spoke:

"Fellow Virtues, I think it is time we leave.  Our mission is still unfulfilled, and we have done all we can for these souls."
"I agree this is becoming taxing. The ones we taught shall teach by example."

Say this to the crowd: Those in limbo I am sorry but we must go. We must rescue a man by the name of Dante. If there is time we shall return and teach you what remains but for now we must leave.
Justice silently leaves when the others do.
agreed. instruct those already taught to teach others what we have taught them, and direct the lines of waiting people to seek their answers there, and then go.

Now things start to get a little more serious. As men would rally against the dying of the light, these souls seek to keep the comfort they have found in their own eternal twilight. Moans and lamentations rise up through the crowds. Those within earshot of you Virtues desperately try to argue and convince you that the greater good is served here. Some of the crowd physically move to block your way and slow down your progress as they plead for you to stay.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2016, 12:59:00 pm »

Justice flinches the sounds of the crowd bringing sorrow to her.
Stop! Now! I have duty's I must attend to I do not have the time to lecture all of you move or you will be accused of the crime of obstruction of justice!!!
Say the above loud and clear in a very threatening yet sad manor.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2016, 03:34:24 pm »

Courage muttered under his breath. "cowards"

Attempt to instill enough Courage in the crowd that they are able to face limbo without the presence of the virtues.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2016, 05:57:33 pm »

How sturdy are we? Would wading through these people pose a challenge? Do we have wings to fly with? A spiritual radiance to cause people to shy away? How clear is the path still? Could we make a run for it?

I knew we should have just gone on. Dang.

Also, this reminds me a bit of C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce. Pretty neat. I bet he drew inspiration from Dante, as he was very classically educated.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2016, 06:59:42 pm »

"Please, downtrodden souls, let us through.  Nothing lasts forever.  If you are as virtuous as I believe you all to be, you will let us through."

Appeal to the better nature of the virtuous damned.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2016, 02:17:15 am »

Justice flinches the sounds of the crowd bringing sorrow to her.
Stop! Now! I have duty's I must attend to I do not have the time to lecture all of you move or you will be accused of the crime of obstruction of justice!!!
Say the above loud and clear in a very threatening yet sad manor.
The pagans continue to lament, your warnings go unheeded. They appeal to you personally Justice, asking if it is just to leave them for some vague quest while your sudden arrival and departure will leave them all the more miserable. In short, they have nothing to lose except you.
Courage muttered under his breath. "cowards"

Attempt to instill enough Courage in the crowd that they are able to face limbo without the presence of the virtues.
Your attempts are rebuffed by the moaning crowd.
How sturdy are we? Would wading through these people pose a challenge? Do we have wings to fly with? A spiritual radiance to cause people to shy away? How clear is the path still? Could we make a run for it?

I knew we should have just gone on. Dang.

Also, this reminds me a bit of C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce. Pretty neat. I bet he drew inspiration from Dante, as he was very classically educated.
(You are in virtue form as opposed to angel form so no wings and no flight. You can roll to use your own aura of Prudence but this will probably affect how you are perceived rather than change their behavior. For some example of your appearance search for images of the statues of virtues on-line. Also, I have never read C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce but I think I will now. You definitely have some options here but I won't point them out. As far as difficulty of getting through the crowd there are quite alot of them and while there not hostile they really don't want you to leave, like children who don't want their parents to leave.)
"Please, downtrodden souls, let us through.  Nothing lasts forever.  If you are as virtuous as I believe you all to be, you will let us through."

Appeal to the better nature of the virtuous damned.
(Put yourselves in their position, If someone you worshiped came down from the heavens to cheer you up in your eternal punishment then suddenly decided to leave as quick as they came you would be reluctant to let them go and find it hard to comprehend how you could leave so many in misery.)

There are  some ways of pressing on, some better than others or you can choose to stay and uplift these downtrodden people at the peril of delaying your divine quest.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:19:30 am by chokepoint »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2016, 04:05:54 am »

"If our mission were to save all of you, we would fulfil our duty till the end of days.  But it isn't.  We are leaving, as much as I don't wish to.  Stop us, if you want.  I, personally, will not resist.  Just know that you would have earned your damnation, and much greater rewards further deep, should you try."

Try to leave, if mob shaming doesn't work, let it be.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2016, 07:28:05 am »

A conundrum indeed.

I walk slowly in the direction of the nearest other virtue, lecturing as I go, touching people along the path and bestowing a blessing from God on each upon reaching the first other virtue, I gather them, and continue toward the third and fourth. once all of us are together, I walk slowly toward the dark quiet place. I take however long is necessary, moving as a path appears and stopping for blessings, but never more than one blessing between footsteps. If the people wish to learn from us (they do not, though they think they do) they shall walk along. if they refuse me passage, I remain silent.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2016, 07:29:11 am »

just follow Ozarcks plan.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2016, 01:42:38 am »

(Waiting for Justice...)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2016, 02:01:06 am »

Justice sighs deeply.
Stop degrading yourselves like this it is a blessing that you even got to talk to us deal with what you have been given...I will give you one last warning move aside or you will be charged and punished.
say the above if they don't move then they have been charged with obstruction of justice and shall henceforth face the punishment destruction.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2016, 03:40:12 am »

(( Do we even have any destructive powers in Virtue form? ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2016, 09:06:52 am »

((I must have like a sword maybe?))

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2016, 12:12:35 pm »

(A question for Temperance and Justice, do you allow Prudence to gather you up as per his plan or do you stick to your actions?)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22