Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Second circle of hell!  (Read 24993 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." First circle of hell!
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2016, 12:33:45 pm »

((Combine my plan with his if it doesn't work then my plan goes into effect.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2016, 04:23:34 pm »

((Yeah, I'm also trying to leave anyways, I don't think I'd be conflicting with anything, Combining plan))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2016, 02:22:27 am »

"If our mission were to save all of you, we would fulfil our duty till the end of days.  But it isn't.  We are leaving, as much as I don't wish to.  Stop us, if you want.  I, personally, will not resist.  Just know that you would have earned your damnation, and much greater rewards further deep, should you try."

Try to leave, if mob shaming doesn't work, let it be.
A conundrum indeed.

I walk slowly in the direction of the nearest other virtue, lecturing as I go, touching people along the path and bestowing a blessing from God on each upon reaching the first other virtue, I gather them, and continue toward the third and fourth. once all of us are together, I walk slowly toward the dark quiet place. I take however long is necessary, moving as a path appears and stopping for blessings, but never more than one blessing between footsteps. If the people wish to learn from us (they do not, though they think they do) they shall walk along. if they refuse me passage, I remain silent.
just follow Ozarcks plan.
Justice sighs deeply.
Stop degrading yourselves like this it is a blessing that you even got to talk to us deal with what you have been given...I will give you one last warning move aside or you will be charged and punished.
say the above if they don't move then they have been charged with obstruction of justice and shall henceforth face the punishment destruction.
As Prudence passes through the crowd quieting their anxiety, he quietly gathers the other virtues. They offer blessings easing the minds of the pagans as they walk along. Justice is ready to deliver righteous retribution should the plan fail. After a long tedious pace toward their goal the virtues are within the quiet shadow that leads downward into darkness, the entrance of the second circle of Hell and fittingly it was not virtuous behavior that brings them deeper but treachery.[6]

Second Circle

As you descend your eyes adjust to the darkness and the sounds of horrible wailing can be heard in the distance. There is also the sound of thunderous wind roaring and whistling. But what catches your attention are the beings before you now. Minos, the ancient tyrant  king who exacted the tribute of Athenian youths to feed to the Minotaur . He sits, with a serpentine tail, snarling as  newly claimed souls arrive to be judged by him, who sends them down to the circle of hell fitting to their sin. They are thrust down as many times deep as he wraps himself with his tail.

(We have a special guest, FallacyofUrist will be playing Minos)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:48:04 am by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2016, 02:26:57 am »

Huh Minos should be interesting.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2016, 02:30:06 am »

"He's certainly rather imposing."

Go up and talk to him.

(( Also, what we did, does it really count as treachery?  We basically did what we said we would, which was leave.  Prudence's plan hardly seems like some underhanded scheme ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2016, 02:31:01 am »

Go up as well

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2016, 02:50:17 am »

(( Also, what we did, does it really count as treachery?  We basically did what we said we would, which was leave.  Prudence's plan hardly seems like some underhanded scheme ))
Corrected my post, read in my own Bias, Thanks.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2016, 06:54:26 am »

This one, if he is the one who determines the circle of hell to which a soul falls, should know where we should look to find our charge. Though, so many souls enter here, that he might have little attention to spare for any one of them. let us hope his memory is good."

Prudence remains with the group, but waits to speak. ((I mean, she says hte above to the group, but waits to speak to Minos.))

Go up as well
I am glad it was changed, but I could see why it could be considered treacherous. the intent was not simply to sneak away, though the gradual motion that way was intended to make the transition easier and less noticeable. Easier for both ourselves, and for the souls who wanted us near. It was the best compromise i could think of.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Second circle of hell!
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2016, 07:22:55 am »

the great traitor Minos.

talk to him.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2016, 12:28:58 pm »

"oh ho... OH HO! If you'll excuse me-" Minos turns his attention from the souls to be judged, stopping the movement of his tail for the moment, and looks towards the virtues.

"Welcome to my domain..."

Huh Minos should be interesting.
"heh...heh... true that..."

"He's certainly rather imposing."
"I imagine so..."

the great traitor Minos.
"bah. I might have been evil, murderous, psychopathic, insane... during my mortal life, but I don't see how I'm a traitor..."

This one, if he is the one who determines the circle of hell to which a soul falls, should know where we should look to find our charge. Though, so many souls enter here, that he might have little attention to spare for any one of them. let us hope his memory is good."
Minos overhears this. "If I'm right, you seek the pOeT. And yes, I do indeed know where he is... heheh heh..."

FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2016, 12:34:57 pm »

Justice smirks brushing her hair out of her face.
Yes show us to this poet person you speak of though I'd love to chat the mission takes President.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2016, 04:18:22 pm »

"The mission is rather important.  Do you mind telling us where he is?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2016, 10:11:38 pm »

"The mission is rather important.  Do you mind telling us where he is?"
"Hmm.... well. Well. Why should I do that? What would I gain? But perhaps- oh yes... oh yes..."

"I am willing to tell you the pOeT's location, but I will require something in return..."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2016, 10:12:26 pm »

Name your price.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2016, 10:16:13 pm »

"Heheheh... blunt, aren't you? Well then..."

"As amusing as judging the dead can be at times, it can be lacking. As it happens, I'm a bit bored. I seek to play a game with one of you..."

"Win, and I will tell you the pOeT's location... and perhaps, I might even be able to send you close to there! But lose... one among you will have to act as a personal jester for me for... oh, I don't know, a few thousand years or so. And the rest shall go on with no clue as to the pOeT's location. Interested?"

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22