Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: (SG) The Redleaf Epic (Formerly Widow: A Duchess Scorned)  (Read 65332 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Widow: A Duchess Scorned
« Reply #405 on: May 15, 2016, 05:25:05 pm »

Quote from: Traaaacieant
Traaaacieant speaks next, explaining your role in the plan. Before the Chieftess can ascend and make war against the world, she must have the following demonic assets in place: A soul cleaning operation that specializes in making undead, A soul cleaning operation that specializes in making demons, A mining/materials operation, An operation capable of producing artifacts at a steady pace, An operation devoted to the banking and transfer of souls, An operation that trades in moral slaves and prisoners, and an operation devoted to covert operations across the demonic realms. In addition, a few dozen combat-worthy greater demons will be needed to fight alongside the clan's warriors, and another few dozen will be needed to guard the as-of-now empty city where all this will be based. It is on you to assemble and manage all these demons. To aid in this endeavor, Trance's enforcers/grandsons, Tooshel and Viishel, will answer to you directly, bending other demons to your will through threat, blackmail, and force.

Either I completely mis-understood this part, or several of us suggestors do. We are not expected to pull up all these revenues - or are we? I was under the impression, that we have to get that demonic fighting force, which is mentioned last, under our wing. The text says, that the chieftess needs all of that for her plan - not that we have to assist her in all of those plans.
I'd actually would like to ask for clarification on this from Weirdsound. (Or anyone able to dispel my doubts / misconsceptions) Because, it is kinda important if we are only supposed to get a military going, or half a dozen of businesses alongside that.

Quote from: Several Suggestors Agreed
I am afraid we do not have time top spend with Joy right now, after the festival maybe but we need to move and shake right now.
Duly noted. But, for the sake of consistency, we at least wish we had the time to do that. Well, not that this actually should need a suggestion. We are hella sweet on our kids - and it should be the same for our grand-kids, half-breed bastard or not. (Neither would we, with demons and undead as relatives, care much about it.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 05:26:48 pm by escaped lurker »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 15, 2016, 06:00:47 pm »

Our role is alliance maker and demon wrangler. This is, we get the resources and organize things. It was also suggested that we may get to manage Trance's demonic organization after this, because they won't need so many souls and they would be quite idle.

Yaugur offers an impressed whistle, and asks for a more in depth explanation. Nuxhidieon spends the next thirty minutes going into the intricate mechanics of the magic involved, and unlike Peat's attempts to explain meat brewing, The Owlkin is a clever enough teacher that you have a very good idea as to what the gate is and how it works by the end of the lecture. Nuxhidieon then explains your role in the situation: Alliance builder and demon wrangler.

"I could turn Chieftess Ivy into Goddess Ivy within the amount of time it takes a human to draw a hot bath, but the thing is, once we do that, everybody and their momma will feel it and come after us - so we can't pull the trigger until we are ready to commit, and that means allies. Trance and the Chieftess will focus on recruiting two or three more gods to build a pantheon with, but beyond that, we can't get much more help on our own. As a devote worshiper of Trance, she can't openly threaten or bargain with demons, and as an Orc, she fears being taken advantage of should she negotiate with other mortal races directly."

He taps you on the shoulder with the tip of his wing. "Once you agree to intwine your blood and your fate with her own to the point where treachery is no longer an option for either party, she intends to grant you control over the majority of her supernatural holdings. Now that the modifications to her soul and the gate are complete, she doesn't need nearly as many souls as she is recieving, and all of Trances demonic minions, myself included, have way to much free time on our hands. We'd rather let a respectable dark mage help us invest these assets than let them sit idle."

I think that this is quite clear here. But they are not saying that in the negotiation. Maybe they changed their minds. Or maybe the GM didn't think that we would need all that explaination again.

Anyway, we are thinking long-term, and I like the idea of all this.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 15, 2016, 06:10:57 pm »

Trance's organization thinks the task will take somewhere between a decade and a few generations. Confessor Rash told you as much a few pages ago. But yeah, they want you to set all that up, and are trying to rush you in any way; They waited 1500 years, However long this will take you is trivial in comparison.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 15, 2016, 09:24:17 pm »

I grossly overestimated how under wraps our Axebeach rulership could stay. Is there anyone who doesn't know about it at this point?

Talcutta
I approve of the privateer fleet because it's already in motion and why not. I'm less certain about messing with his plans to buy him ourselves; he's family and handy to have around, but he's going to be wandering everywhere anyway and clearly has his own designs. We should ask him what his plans are before committing to buying him out, and if we do we might as well just claim ownership over the share he stole from Axebeach to turn "buying myself out" into "Maeris is buying me."

But again, we should get his opinions on this.

Bloodbinding
-I'd rather have Yaugur shack up with Ivy than Talcutta, as the latter's a bit flighty and unreliable. It's a good deal, though.
-I think I'm in favor of having Lanette found Ivy's priesthood. It's true that she'd be handy as a goblin liaison, but founding a god's cult because she's the bastard daughter of The Duchess Crusader strikes me as a more momentous role than talking to goblins because she has a flat face.
-Dean taking over Bonedust was always the plan, I think. Nothing lost here, save for Dean's hand I guess.
-I agree with marrying the legendary inventor of werebeings and daywalkers. Syzzik may be sad, but I doubt either will object to our relationship to the other.
-I agree with retiring to Axebeach being a good move and marrying Rash being a... less good move, though remember that goblin marriage is more about trust than affection.

-I like the idea of making Joy Chieftess, and I feel like we could make it up to Redding pretty easily in the bedroom, but I agree that interfering with their marriage is a bit of a downer. We have a lot of other options, so maybe we'll skip this one at least for now.
-Feeding Crank to Dean (eventually) is amazing, but as noted, it requires making Joy High Shaman. Hrm. Hexing him to get Dean his soul eventually is probably a good idea regardless, though. Ivy probably won't object, especially if we're still not 100% sure we don't want Joy as High Shaman.
-I like the idea of shared sisterhood with Ivy, but it messes with breeding Ivy with Yaugur, so maybe not.

-I agree that there's better spouses for Fortune than a political marriage to Clan Ivy.

Yaugur's Demand
I agree with agreeing to it, but I feel like we have a ton of options here. Denzel's the obvious choice for an Emmitt, and waiting for Joy and Redding to get children to marry into the crown is... a long term plan, but we're kind of playing the long con here.

Party
I agree with attending the supernatural one.

For attendees: GAH. Way too many people we really need to talk to. I'll go with Faerix Bloodwalls because we could use some time to actually enjoy ourselves, and flaunting our connections to the goblins could be good in this particular crowd, and Kray-Kay Masthead to see if she can get us a good deal on that privateer fleet Talcutta's after.

Chieftain Ash is really tempting, but we can probably get into contact with him later without too much trouble, and we're already focusing on our extraplanar affairs by attending the god party rather than the mortal one. The other options are all tempting but probably not the best for various reasons.

Copper Wars
I've been thinking about this for a long time, but orcs are bad at negotiations and we have a LOT of clout. Would it be possible for us to step in as a negotiator and resolve the whole thing diplomatically? No doubt each party involved would have their own convoluted list of exotic demands only we could provide in exchange for giving up on the copper, but we're in a pretty good position to provide bizarrely exotic things.

Clan Shark
Speaking of which, we're trying to set up a privateer fleet that ideally would use the ships of the world's foremost naval power, we're in control of a naval power secretly allied to a different naval power also nominally under our control, we're trying to make peace with a third naval power, and now an entirely different naval power is really sad they can't swear fealty to us directly as opposed to indirectly.

So... we fucking rule the seas, is basically what I'm getting at here. If we could somehow organize all these jackasses into a mutually beneficial relationship as opposed to killing each other on sight, we'd have a nigh-unstoppable death grip on anything involving water. We should seriously look into meeting with everyone to see if we can accept Clan Shark's fealty and form the largest, most sophisticated naval alliance outside of Lagoona.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 16, 2016, 05:55:50 am »

I grossly overestimated how under wraps our Axebeach rulership could stay. Is there anyone who doesn't know about it at this point?

The Crown. But it is likely going to change soon.

-I think I'm in favor of having Lanette found Ivy's priesthood. It's true that she'd be handy as a goblin liaison, but founding a god's cult because she's the bastard daughter of The Duchess Crusader strikes me as a more momentous role than talking to goblins because she has a flat face.
Hmmmm, I agree.

-I like the idea of making Joy Chieftess, and I feel like we could make it up to Redding pretty easily in the bedroom, but I agree that interfering with their marriage is a bit of a downer. We have a lot of other options, so maybe we'll skip this one at least for now.
How about we wait until Redding gets a legitimate child out of Joy? Then she goes to be the Chieftess

and Kray-Kay Masthead to see if she can get us a good deal on that privateer fleet Talcutta's after.

Now, this is good, unless our identity is known to them and we end up being robbed of our money.

Copper Wars
I've been thinking about this for a long time, but orcs are bad at negotiations and we have a LOT of clout. Would it be possible for us to step in as a negotiator and resolve the whole thing diplomatically? No doubt each party involved would have their own convoluted list of exotic demands only we could provide in exchange for giving up on the copper, but we're in a pretty good position to provide bizarrely exotic things.

Yep. But, to clarify, we are on Clan Gruel's side here, right? And we can also just intimidate them. Remember the 20k goblin conscripts? Clan Python doens't stand a chance to the combined forces of Clan Gruel, Clan Ivy, and Axebeach.

So... we fucking rule the seas, is basically what I'm getting at here. If we could somehow organize all these jackasses into a mutually beneficial relationship as opposed to killing each other on sight, we'd have a nigh-unstoppable death grip on anything involving water. We should seriously look into meeting with everyone to see if we can accept Clan Shark's fealty and form the largest, most sophisticated naval alliance outside of Lagoona.

So... we have to find them a common target. Lagoona and the Rising Isles come to mind. Also the Kingdom where we are at war with them. But once we control them, what do we do with them? Piracy is a bad business, which requires destruction to generate income, and if we eventually get to rule everything, I doubt that we will be able to convince Clan Shark to turn into merchants.

I like the plan short-term, but not long-term.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 16, 2016, 11:22:59 am »

If the pirate fleets got together they could launch raids on active ports or hit multiple trade routes at once to split up the navy.  The Lagoon fleet isn't on our side though, they are actively raiding Axebeach and the goblin empire.

I really think we should meet with clan spear and shark representatives, even if they officially pledge through the Kincaids we can still have a good relationship.  We need to be on very good terms with all four mighty clans.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 16, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »

How about we wait until Redding gets a legitimate child out of Joy? Then she goes to be the Chieftess
Still requires Joy nailing orcs, which Joy and/or Redding might not be totally okay with on a personal level.

I guess we could ask about it.

and Kray-Kay Masthead to see if she can get us a good deal on that privateer fleet Talcutta's after.

Now, this is good, unless our identity is known to them and we end up being robbed of our money.
Oh, right. We're currently in league with their enemies but will likely end up opposing their other enemies, so...?

Copper Wars

Yep. But, to clarify, we are on Clan Gruel's side here, right? And we can also just intimidate them. Remember the 20k goblin conscripts? Clan Python doens't stand a chance to the combined forces of Clan Gruel, Clan Ivy, and Axebeach.
I think so, though ideally we'd be a bit more amicable than just strongarming everybody.

So... we have to find them a common target. Lagoona and the Rising Isles come to mind. Also the Kingdom where we are at war with them. But once we control them, what do we do with them? Piracy is a bad business, which requires destruction to generate income, and if we eventually get to rule everything, I doubt that we will be able to convince Clan Shark to turn into merchants.

I like the plan short-term, but not long-term.
My impression is that the naval powers all hate each other because they're all competitors in some sense, not just because they really need somebody to stab. Note Axebeach's crocodile+bird relationship with Port County, wherein Port County fishes up regular fish, Axebeach fishes up monster fish, each is better off than they'd be alone, let alone fighting each other. Admittedly Axebeach also hits piracy targets further north, but that sounds like a relatively small part of their deal and is still about competition on Port's side.

So assuming that's the case, we don't need a common target, we just need to get everybody agreeing to cooperate rather than squabble.

If the pirate fleets got together they could launch raids on active ports or hit multiple trade routes at once to split up the navy.  The Lagoon fleet isn't on our side though, they are actively raiding Axebeach and the goblin empire.

I really think we should meet with clan spear and shark representatives, even if they officially pledge through the Kincaids we can still have a good relationship.  We need to be on very good terms with all four mighty clans.
As Tomcost points out, though, clumping everyone together into a pirate empire is the sort of plan that works a lot better initially than it does in the long run. It'd also be basically impossible to hide our involvement in, so it'd probably escalate things somewhat.

I agree we should try to get/stay on good terms with all of the mighty clans. Especially now that we know that the endgame is covering the entire world in jungle they'll have a strong advantage in.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 16, 2016, 08:45:23 pm »

Still requires Joy nailing orcs, which Joy and/or Redding might not be totally okay with on a personal level.

I guess we could ask about it.
I would do this: we don't tell Joy about this, and we tell Redding. Let him think on his own, if he agrees, then we talk to Joy, because she is too prone to rushing things.

Oh, right. We're currently in league with their enemies but will likely end up opposing their other enemies, so...?

The Kingdom is their target of piracy, Axebeach is their direct enemy. I don't know if this is going to go well. Unless we arrange a third party to buy things for us. Likely Syzzik.

My impression is that the naval powers all hate each other because they're all competitors in some sense, not just because they really need somebody to stab.

Clan Shark is likely to need someone to stab. Also, if we suddenly make everybody friends, what are they going to do with their pirate fleets? Axebeach has two, we just can't tell them to stop doing piracy.

Note Axebeach's crocodile+bird relationship with Port County, wherein Port County fishes up regular fish, Axebeach fishes up monster fish, each is better off than they'd be alone, let alone fighting each other. Admittedly Axebeach also hits piracy targets further north, but that sounds like a relatively small part of their deal and is still about competition on Port's side.

At least Axebeach can also raid ships from the Rising isles.

So assuming that's the case, we don't need a common target, we just need to get everybody agreeing to cooperate rather than squabble.

Clan Shark is likely going to be the problem here. We need to find them someone to raid.

I agree we should try to get/stay on good terms with all of the mighty clans. Especially now that we know that the endgame is covering the entire world in jungle they'll have a strong advantage in.

Good terms? Yeah. I doubt that we will be able to make Clan Spear pledge to our cause rather than the Kinkaids. They are almost family. But they are also the less impressive clan, as they are basically a literally greener and more savage version of the Kingdom.

As another topic of conversation, I have been thinking what to say to our dear Sylvester once we resurrect him. It is going to be hard for him, to see that his grandson is half-goblin, that we are all goblin and orc conspirators, and that Fortune is basically going to die in that prophecy because she wants to. And I don't want to imagine Glen's face. That dude is prone to just killing him for being something profane.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 17, 2016, 11:13:08 pm »

I would do this: we don't tell Joy about this, and we tell Redding. Let him think on his own, if he agrees, then we talk to Joy, because she is too prone to rushing things.
I probably like this best of all so far, but I'm still not sure.

The Kingdom is their target of piracy, Axebeach is their direct enemy. I don't know if this is going to go well. Unless we arrange a third party to buy things for us. Likely Syzzik.
Damn it. I guess I'll change my vote to Faerix and Chieftain Ash, then. Unless we want to try to negotiate peace between Lagoona and Axebeach, but I assume Lagoona just completely despises every single naval power other than themselves. Possibly including themselves, actually.

My impression is that the naval powers all hate each other because they're all competitors in some sense, not just because they really need somebody to stab.

Clan Shark is likely to need someone to stab. Also, if we suddenly make everybody friends, what are they going to do with their pirate fleets? Axebeach has two, we just can't tell them to stop doing piracy.
True.

Who do we know of other than Lagoona, The Kingdom, and... maybe there are other goblin naval powers? Maybe we can make war on distant kingdoms nobody's heard of or cared about before...?

Good terms? Yeah. I doubt that we will be able to make Clan Spear pledge to our cause rather than the Kinkaids. They are almost family. But they are also the less impressive clan, as they are basically a literally greener and more savage version of the Kingdom.
That might work in our favor, actually, since the Kinkaids will know we're never going to steal all of the Mighty Clans from them.

And because getting on good terms with orcs seems to be easier than getting on good terms with most humans.

As another topic of conversation, I have been thinking what to say to our dear Sylvester once we resurrect him. It is going to be hard for him, to see that his grandson is half-goblin, that we are all goblin and orc conspirators, and that Fortune is basically going to die in that prophecy because she wants to. And I don't want to imagine Glen's face. That dude is prone to just killing him for being something profane.
Yeeeeeaaah, we might not have been running this operation quite how he'd like. Um. We did what needed to be done to ensure the safety and prosperity of our family and duchy? I mean, he probably knew we weren't the best or most humanocentric person in the world.

I agree Glen will probably not take it well. Then again, there's some chance he'll take anything he can get, especially if he's hip deep in demonic orcish vengeance by then.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2016, 06:12:38 am »

Who do we know of other than Lagoona, The Kingdom, and... maybe there are other goblin naval powers? Maybe we can make war on distant kingdoms nobody's heard of or cared about before...?

The Rising Isles, actually. They seem to be too far and corrupt to be of any importance locally.

Yeeeeeaaah, we might not have been running this operation quite how he'd like. Um. We did what needed to be done to ensure the safety and prosperity of our family and duchy? I mean, he probably knew we weren't the best or most humanocentric person in the world.

To be fair, if we manage to negotiate with Tetha in the party (or someone who can talk to her), we could finish this whole conlfict with the least amount of bloodshed, as everything could pretty much return to status quo if Denzel supports us.

And I mean Status Quo minus Rubicon's head. And Clarence's head too. And maybe we can even put a knife in the Kinkaids' back and get rid of those troublemakers, we have the proof of their treachery in those letters sent to Gregory.

To be fair, if this goes well, we could eventually get even better than before. Maybe we could make this conlfict last long enough to remove the Marlowes too. But it could piss off Chastity, not that she has any actual power in this, though.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2016, 11:12:24 am »

2334th Year of Man, 5th Month, 17th Day:

Wenesday

You try to get a bit more information out of Talcutta, but it quickly becomes clear that his 'plan' consists of little more than buying boats, picking a direction, pillaging, and giving Axebeach a cut. You then ask your great-grandfather about returning the souls to either yourself or the joint account, and Talcutta refuses. He notes that no rules were broken, as the souls taken from the joint account were technically spent serving the interests of Axebeach, and that at the time there was no overboss, so the underbosses had every right to spend those souls as they saw fit.

Changing the subject, you then ask about buying his contract, and this time you get a slightly more favorable response. Talcutta plans on remaining in Tivavarav's employ for another few months until he sorts out his fleet, at which point he will figure out how to get out of the contract. If he spends too much on boats and dosn't have enough left, he will consider accepting your help.

2334th Year of Man, 5th Month, 18th Day:

Thursday

After hearing Chieftess Ivy's requests, you are able to assure her that at least two are acceptable. You have no problems making Lanette Ivy's founding priestess, and are more than willing to accept a political marriage to Midieon, although you would rather wait until you hand over the Duchy and retire to Axebeach before publicly attaching yourself to a demon. Chieftess Ivy agrees that waiting is reasonable, but Dean surprises you by floating a reason as to why you might want to arrange the wedding sooner.

"If you reach a point where you are able to negotiate from a position of strength, Mother," Dean explains, "the crown will be willing to give us more in exchange for you accepting exile the more openly affiliated with Dark Magic you are. If you are wed to a demon, they surely can't acknowledge you as Duchess, or even allow you to live on kingdom lands; If they grow tired of fighting us, and you make it seem as if their exile demands are a sticking point, they might bend over backwards and make an oerwhelmingly good offer to get you out of the Kingdom."

Regarding Joy becoming High Shaman, you inform Ivy that you must speak to your daughter and her husband before making any decisions in that department. Likewise the related issue of Dean snacking on Crank's soul must wait as well.

You then try to get Yaugur and Ivy to agree to the former impregnating the later in place of your father. At first Chieftess Ivy agrees only reluctantly, but when it is made clear to her that Yaugur is actually the founder of your line, she becomes much more willing. For his part, Yaugur negotiates a demigod child for himself after she ascends in exchange for demonspawn for her beforehand.

Dean then explains what it would take for him to take over Bonedust. "I have distant cousins that want the job, so it will not be easy. First my great-uncle must outlive my mother, so that he may adopt me as an orphan, give me the Bonedust name, and name me his heir to the magical aspects of the family business. Then, if I want to control the land and armies as well, I would be opposed by at least half the family."

Yaugur notes that he split political and supernatural leadership for two reasons. First and foremost, he wanted to ensure that House Bonedust could have a respectable leader, who wouldn't necessarily have to practice illegal magics. Secondly, he had alot of heirs. Between the ninety one legitimate children born to six wives over the course of his long life, the twenty three loyal members of the rebelling houses he adopted early in his reign, and the descendants of both groups, Yaugur felt that the more ways he could split up his estate, the more peaceful that transition would be upon his ascension.

The Balrog suspects that Clan Ivy's plan will resolve both issues; Under Orcish/Bonedust rule, it would be socially acceptable to be a dark mage in the Kingdom, and by conquering more lands the large family could spread out and claim new territory rather than compete over resources that have been in the family for ages. He would have no problem with Dean eventually reuniting the two offices once again.

You politely decline Chieftess Ivy's offer to share a mate for the time being. You are not sure if you want children or not...

You agree to Yaugur's demand in principle, but are unsure how breeding into the Emmits would be best executed in pratice. Trance suggests picking a royal you don't like, and letting her demons strip away their personality, intellect, and motivation to turn the poor fool into a mindless seed dispenser or child incubator.

The arrangements regarding Lanette and yourself are enough to satisfy Ivy and her family, so after a few hours of banter, the meeting is concluded without definitively deciding upon anything else.

2334th Year of Man, 5th Month, 19th Day:

Friday

Joy, having resolved to get back into combat condition as quickly as possible, plans on spending the day working out until her body quits on her, refreshing herself with divine magic, and then repeating the process. As her plan for day doesn't leave much time for her newborn daughter, Lanette is dumped on you for the afternoon, so you decide to show the kid off to one of your old goblin friends.

You bring the baby to the inn Faerix is staying at, and your friend is quick to invite you up to her room for conversation. She spends about twenty minutes gushing over Lanette, exclaiming that humblins, as she calls such half-breeds, make great leaders and diplomats as they possess goblinkind's wit and social skills without the strong tendency to deceive strangers. She then adds that Haggen wants one or two of such children in his family. You inform Faerix that you intend to raise the girl yourself, and the goblin laughs, before adding that if you need to get rid of Chasity after the war, she is sure Haggen would offer a good bride price.

Conversation then shifts to the good old days, and Faerix gives you an update on your other friends from Goblin Lands, some of whom are in situations relevant to your interests.

Nubbling, Haggen's orc-blooded mutt of a slave who looked after him and his friends, was granted his freedom and a good set of demonic armor by Haggen shortly after you returned to your people. Nubbling took to doing mercenary work in the jungles, and eventually became attached to Clan Scarab. As he is not a pure-blooded orc, he is often tasked with negotiating on the Clan's Behalf, and as such has alot of dealings with Axebeach. Nubbling also has several offspring, including a set of fraternal twins named Pelvis and Throat who are ranking soldiers at Scarab's Meadhall in North Bank City.

Motaurix, Haggen's half sister and the oldest of the teenage females in your group, was caught practicing necromancy, a male magic, and was ore or less forced to marry below her station as a result of the scandal. The head spouse in her marriage, Utazah 'Wiskey' Pier, is the War Boss of Armageddon Pier.

Tina-Rey Tethers, a member of the Dread Knights who was legitimately captured by the goblins and housed in the same quarters as you, briefly returned to human lands after winning her freedom, and wound up serving as one of Prince Rubricon's personal bodyguards. She quit after a few months and returned to Fort Bloodwalls because her charge had been pressuring her into sex and had gotten her pregnant. She is now one of Haggen's ranking military officers. Her only child, the bastard son of the man who took your husband, goes by the name of Julius Emmit-Bloodwalls, and is a first mate on The Kracken's Hunger, one of Axebeach's pirate ships.

The discussion ends on the topic of the Pharaoh, who is throwing an exclusive ball to celebrate the 50th year of his reign on the final day of the year. Faerix informs you that she will be representing Fort Bloodwalls at the event, and extends an open invitation to any members of your family to attend as part of her entourage.

---

After dumping Lanette off on Virgil, you pay a visit to Chieftain Ash who is camping with other members of his clan in the courtyard of a small ruined fort nearby. Ash is some kind of Orclike creature, as you understand the ruling class of his home city are, who stands even taller than the jungle orcs who make up his clan, and possess pitch black skin smirched with white freckles, to the point where he looks like a clear night sky.

He is reluctant to speak with you at first, but after reading the letter, invites you to into his tent to speak. You learn the reason for his apprehension is that he expects to go to war against Clan Gruel as soon as the festival wraps up, and understands that said clan is very close to the Riverlands. Still, he holds Syzzik in the highest esteem, and your lover's recommendation is all he needs to consider you a friend.

Deciding to try and treat him like any other orc, you bluntly ask if he would be willing to take part in a demonic organization tasked with making artifacts for Clan Ivy. He is interested, but a bit confused, stating that he didn't know it was possible for mortals to do such a thing. You admit such an arrangement is unusual, but explain you will likely have the resources to either make it work, or help him ascend. Ash tentatively agrees, pending the details of the arrangement of course, before turning the conversation to the copper wars.

Ash thinks the situation might be too far gone to resolve in a bloodless fashion. Several larger clans have already pledged to aid their smaller allies in either seizing or defending the copper mines, and Ash states bluntly that no Jungle Orc would willingly go back on such an agreement. He then states, however, that he is not quite so honorable, and would be willing to sever his relationship with the clan he had been hoping would provide him with copper if Clan Gruel could be convinced to share with him and if Clan Ivy could be convinced to remain neutral. When he learns you are living in Groghall, he suggests the he could send a few of his orcs back with you to mate with some of the Clan Gruel soldiers stationed there, thus establishing kinship between the tribes.

Your romantic relationship with Syzzik then comes up, and Chieftain Ash is more than happy to give you a few pointers about dating his friend. He informs you that Syzzik's favorite dish is called Traveler's Stew, and is made from pig's feet, vegetables, and the eggs of the Queen Pigeon, a bird commonly used as livestock on Titan Rock. Syzzik is also a big fan of music and theater, and as such invests in several drama troupes back in his homeland - he tried to build a playhouse in North Bank City a few years back, but the mercenaries, likely under orders from Trevor Wikes, burnt it down on opening knight. You also learn that your boyfriend has no given name; Syzzik is his father's surname. The unusual orc goes on to explain that many children born to unwed circus employees in Titan Rock don't have names, as to name a child in that culture is to claim responsibility for it.

---

The supernatural party is just plain wild, taking place in a large hall in the empty city beyond the gate. Your father spots an old friend, and leaves you, your children, Virgil, and Yaugur alone at a table. Nobody in your group has the nerve to attempt to break the ice with a divine stranger, so you end up chatting among yourselves for a few minutes, until, to your mild surprise, Pogpugrooog approaches your table. The chubby succubus has chosen to attend the party to keep an eye on some of the Deep Dieties she expected to show up. She helpfully points out Tetha at Hammerhead's table, who takes the form of a radiant young Drow with the same glowing eyes as your daughter. She then turns her attention to Virgil, and noting that your friend seems sad and lonely, quickly seduces him with her demonic charm and leads him off somewhere private. After they leave, you can't help but stare at Tetha, who seems to notice you as well. The Goddess makes eye contact and shakes her head, perhaps indicating that this party is not the appropriate setting to discuss whatever you might have on your mind.

You are next to be pulled away from the group, as Nuxhidieon invites you to his table to discuss the matter of your marriage to him. Deciding that you would rather have Yaugur protect your children, you go alone. The only other beings at his table are Tooshel and Viishel, a pair of Elder Demon enforcers who appear to you in the form of giant spiders. Tooshel and Viishel, Nuxhidieon explains, have been assigned to answer to you directly. Both offer their hexes, although Viishel, who prefers to work on the mortal realm, notes that your soul has so many hexes that taking two more will make it blatantly obvious that you are a dark mage, and says that as an alternative to hexing you he could move to North Bank City so that you may call on him in person.

After arranging lines of communication with your new underlings, you and your betrothed get right down to business. Nuxhidieon has no issues with you keeping as many lovers as you wish, noting that doing so may even be to your benefit depending on how you go about seeking immortality, before promptly transitioning into explaining your options in that key department. The end-goal, of course, is to turn you into a powerful demon that can feed off Ivy and Trance while leading their demonic underlings for all time. To mark your important status, your bethroved intends to make you a one-of-a-kind demon form, but notes this will take him some time - likely a few decades more than you have to live. In the meantime, you have two options: Becoming a manifestation and channeling demonic forces that can prolong your mortal life, or embracing undeath for awhile.

Nuxhidieon esimates that he could prepare your body and soul to accept demonic energies with about a week and a half of uninterrupted torture, or after about a month on a less rigorous schedule. As for undeath, one of the tricks Nuxhidieon was known for as a mortal was using uncleaned souls to raise whatever sort of undead he desired - a feat preformed only the most prodigious of dark mages; All you would have to do is brew some sort of poison that would afford you a painless death, drink it, and wake in your own body but in a far stronger state of existence. Another option would be to arrange some sort of public death, and rise in somebody elses body, which would allow your uncle to adopt Dean as an orphan and set the ball rolling to make your son his heir.

Deciding to change the subject to something less morbid, the two of you indulge in some wedding planning. If you wish to scare the crown and get hitched before resolving succession issue, town square of North Bank City would be the ideal venue for a public wedding. If you would rather wait until taking over Axebeach, Nuxhidieon reminds you that according to goblin law all marriages between demons and mortals should be presided over by a Dark Lord. You are sure you could get Haggen, or perhaps even the pharaoh, to host the event.

For the Honeymoon, Nuxhidieon would very much like to visit Vanity Beach. You are not sure Ernie Strongcurrent would appreciate a demon stomping around his home, but then again he would be in no position to complain; It was he who demanded you get married.

Your conversation is interrupted, just as you reach the part about expectations regarding offspring, by a pair of Orcish Deities. Bolt, the patron god of Clan Gruel, and Berry, the goddess who endorses Clan Fig. Both gods have been talking to Joy about Greent, who as it turns out is an important divine caster for both of them. Both deities have been around long enough to understand human marriage, and as such grasp the consequences of your daughter being married to Greent's father; They had just asked her to formally adopt Greent so as to secure their blessing for her family, and your daughter, thankfully, told them that your permission was required. Although divine blessings would be nice, you have several reasons to feel uncomfortable with this arrangement; First of all Greent is a bit older than Joy, so the relationship would be a bit awkward to say the least, and secondly it would give Greent, and thus Chasity if he does end up marrying her, a legitimate claim to inherit the duchy should something happen to Joy.

Luckily you are given a somewhat safe out to the situation when Trance, flanked by Chieftess Ivy, approach your table to make sure things are fine.

"Are these to fine gentledeities giving you any trouble, Sister Maeris?" The Chieftess asks. You can tell at once that Bolt and Berry are both more than a little afraid of Trance.

---

You make the mistake of trying some of the drinks, only to find that deities and demons drink far stronger stuff than mortals do. The rest of the night is more than a little bit hazy for you, but luckily you wake up in your own bed alone, safe, and seemingly unviolated. You check the time, and find it is going to be another short day.

Next turn should run two days and a night, until just before the Night of Black Acceptance begins. Give me four people to visit during the day, and decide if you spend tonight's party with the mortals or those beyond the gate.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 19, 2016, 01:54:14 pm »

Link to the spreadsheet

Information Hub

Hmmm, a lot of things here! Actions are in bold, the rest is speculation and planning.

Chastity as Haggen's wife

I don't know to which extent this could be a good way of getting rid of her, or backfiring exponentially. Still, I think that this would be a last resource. We don't even know if Chastity actually is in love with Greent, or if she is just using him.

Copper wars

The arrangement between clan Ash and clan Gruel benefits everybody. I suggest that we take it. Still, I don't have any idea about all this copper clusterfuck, so I can't really say that I know what to do.

Supposedly, both Clan Gruel and Clan Python are using proxy clans to claim the copper. But I don't know which are other clans interested.

I don't want to go with the violent solution, but it seems that we are going that way. We can still crush them, even without Clan Ivy's help.

Tooshel and Viishel

Take the hexes of both. We have those aura-supressing potions at home, which we should take as soon as we get back. We should also re-cast that strong hex as something weak.

Eternal life

I'm digging the idea of a public death (bonus points if we trick Trevor into murdering us). It lets uncle adopt Dean, let's us focus on our work, and give us a fresh start to inflitrate any place we want.

We should arrange to buy one of the Goblin's prettiest slaves and have her train and become atheltic so that we get a nice body.

And, as for our form of undeath, I say Vampirism, because as a hexer we can prevent a population explotion, and we can also pass as a mortal.

But I don't know what to tell to Syzzik about all this. Hmm, maybe he would like to be our partner for all life? I don't know.

Adopting Greent

To be fair, I don't think that Greent's legitimate claim to the Duchy won't go as far as to murder his own father (remember we are giving both Joy and Redding the power here), so this should actually make him more loyal to our family. Chastity, on the other hand, would be prone to murdering Redding, that's where the problem would be. Right now, I say tentatively yes, but we don't show this yet.

I say that, until Trance saves our ass, we:
Praise Greent's skills as a shaman.
Say that it was us who made him become interested in becoming an orc shaman.
Delay and say that we not totally sure about the implications of Greent being Joy's son if he is likely to marry her sister.
When Trance arrives say that we are just having a friendly conversation, but that we haven't made up our mind yet and we will tell them later.

If we end up leaving Redding in charge of the Duchy, and Joy goes to be Chieftess Joy, then I don't see why would they try to murder Joy. And Greent is going to be their natural heir, so everything would be fine then.

Once they are gone:

With Trance, we want to talk about if she could get us a private conversation with Tetha, as it may define our plan in the long term. But not in the party, as it would not be the moment.

Also inform them about the possibilities of Chieftain Ash being the one who could get us the artifact organization. Also, ask about her opinion on the copper wars, if she is comfortable speaking about that in the party, she can tell us later.

What to do on the following days:

Check again on Virgil if he is ok. Banging a demon may be too much for him. Also make sure that there is no ever-lasting effect on Pog's seduction.

Have a brief chat with Joy about how her duties as a mother are currently more important than becoming physically fit.

Meet with Chieftain Shark. Talk about how we would like him to pledge to our cause, but that we have been put in a delicate situation. We are currently friends of both Port County and Axebeach, and would like to be friends with Clan Shark too, but we can't have our friends fighting each other. See if we can get to a truce where they ignore each other and instead focus on other threats, like Lagoona. Say that it will benefit everybody.

Meet with Inara Vice. We are mostly interested in getting in touch with the Demons of Toombs to get more business contacts. Also hint about his work in Clan Python and if she would like a better clan to work for.

Lady Natalie Pence. We know a relative of hers in Angie Pence. Talk about how the business is going, if she needs something. We are trying to bring the Pence family to support us here. If the stituation goes well, we could have yet another goblin-human fishing combination, and more profit for everybody.

Oldur Brax. We could use this opportunity to send a mesage to the Marlowes: they are alone in this fight. The Crown is planning on deposing them, and probably execute them too, just as what happened with the Gulfs. We offer their safety should they claudicate.

I say that this time we assist to the mortal party, unless we have an opportunity to talk to Tetha in the supernatural one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 20, 2016, 10:28:55 pm »

Chastity as Haggen's wife

I don't know to which extent this could be a good way of getting rid of her, or backfiring exponentially. Still, I think that this would be a last resource. We don't even know if Chastity actually is in love with Greent, or if she is just using him.
Note that the bigger issue isn't whether Chasity loves Greent, but whether Greent loves Chasity. I like the plan and Chasity would no doubt fit in well with goblins, but I'm thinking she's spoken for.

Copper wars

The arrangement between clan Ash and clan Gruel benefits everybody. I suggest that we take it. Still, I don't have any idea about all this copper clusterfuck, so I can't really say that I know what to do.

Supposedly, both Clan Gruel and Clan Python are using proxy clans to claim the copper. But I don't know which are other clans interested.

I don't want to go with the violent solution, but it seems that we are going that way. We can still crush them, even without Clan Ivy's help.
Yeah, we might need to get more intel on exactly who's involved and what they've sworn to do. It does sound like everyone's kind of locked into stabbing each other, though. Let's ask him if we have time.

In unrelated matters, we should try to build Syzzik a new theater. It can be divided into two parts, so the front/lower section can cater to the common rabble, while the upper/rear section hosts those of fine taste and wealthy orcs hoping to flaunt their wealth some more. With Wikes discredited and a section specifically for mercs to enjoy, it should be much less flammable than Syzzik's first attempt.

Still unrelated but cute: We should ask the orc if there's anything else he can tell us about Syzzik's culture, like if giving Mable a nickname would subtly imply we'd take responsibility for her if she needed it. We should also probably get her some sunscreen or a hex or something for that bad sunburn.

Tooshel and Viishel

Take the hexes of both. We have those aura-supressing potions at home, which we should take as soon as we get back. We should also re-cast that strong hex as something weak.
Yeah, but what strong hex?

Eternal life

I'm digging the idea of a public death (bonus points if we trick Trevor into murdering us). It lets uncle adopt Dean, let's us focus on our work, and give us a fresh start to inflitrate any place we want.

We should arrange to buy one of the Goblin's prettiest slaves and have her train and become atheltic so that we get a nice body.

And, as for our form of undeath, I say Vampirism, because as a hexer we can prevent a population explotion, and we can also pass as a mortal.

But I don't know what to tell to Syzzik about all this. Hmm, maybe he would like to be our partner for all life? I don't know.
The public death thing is starting to sound really, really convenient, but I imagine several decades as a manifestation would be more enjoyable (and palatable to others) than several decades as a vampire. I think I'd rather look into manifestation options, as many problems as disposing of ourselves solves at once.

Adopting Greent

To be fair, I don't think that Greent's legitimate claim to the Duchy won't go as far as to murder his own father (remember we are giving both Joy and Redding the power here), so this should actually make him more loyal to our family. Chastity, on the other hand, would be prone to murdering Redding, that's where the problem would be. Right now, I say tentatively yes, but we don't show this yet.

I say that, until Trance saves our ass, we:
Praise Greent's skills as a shaman.
Say that it was us who made him become interested in becoming an orc shaman.
Delay and say that we not totally sure about the implications of Greent being Joy's son if he is likely to marry her sister.
When Trance arrives say that we are just having a friendly conversation, but that we haven't made up our mind yet and we will tell them later.

If we end up leaving Redding in charge of the Duchy, and Joy goes to be Chieftess Joy, then I don't see why would they try to murder Joy. And Greent is going to be their natural heir, so everything would be fine then.
I think the idea was for Joy to be both. That might result in Redding living in and managing the duchy while Joy lives in and manage the clan, but Joy's still the heir by blood and official ruler unless we make Redding her regent.

That said, I too am leaning towards accepting. We'd have a damned good chunk of the orcish clans/gods on our side if we did, and hopefully Greent would see it as too large and valuable a coalition to break up by working against us.

With Trance, we want to talk about if she could get us a private conversation with Tetha, as it may define our plan in the long term. But not in the party, as it would not be the moment.

Also inform them about the possibilities of Chieftain Ash being the one who could get us the artifact organization. Also, ask about her opinion on the copper wars, if she is comfortable speaking about that in the party, she can tell us later.
Sounds good.

What to do on the following days:

Check again on Virgil if he is ok. Banging a demon may be too much for him. Also make sure that there is no ever-lasting effect on Pog's seduction.

Have a brief chat with Joy about how her duties as a mother are currently more important than becoming physically fit.
I'm sure Virgil is fine. He probably did tell Pog everything he knows about us, but otherwise fine. I don't mind checking in on him, but I don't want to remind him that he's supposed to be sad by hovering over him all the time.

In Joy's defense, she's been waiting on this for a month and there's no shortage of people to fawn over Lanette for her. But yes, I suppose we should.

Meet with Chieftain Shark. Talk about how we would like him to pledge to our cause, but that we have been put in a delicate situation. We are currently friends of both Port County and Axebeach, and would like to be friends with Clan Shark too, but we can't have our friends fighting each other. See if we can get to a truce where they ignore each other and instead focus on other threats, like Lagoona. Say that it will benefit everybody.

Meet with Inara Vice. We are mostly interested in getting in touch with the Demons of Toombs to get more business contacts. Also hint about his work in Clan Python and if she would like a better clan to work for.

Lady Natalie Pence. We know a relative of hers in Angie Pence. Talk about how the business is going, if she needs something. We are trying to bring the Pence family to support us here. If the stituation goes well, we could have yet another goblin-human fishing combination, and more profit for everybody.

Oldur Brax. We could use this opportunity to send a mesage to the Marlowes: they are alone in this fight. The Crown is planning on deposing them, and probably execute them too, just as what happened with the Gulfs. We offer their safety should they claudicate.

I say that this time we assist to the mortal party, unless we have an opportunity to talk to Tetha in the supernatural one.
Quick aside: We should send somebody, maybe even ourselves, to attend the Pharaoh's party in seven months. Rubricon's bastard gives us an easy Emmitt to marry in somewhere, though I'm still not fond of all rulers of the Kingdom henceforth being descended from that jackass. One of our friends being married to the war boss of Armageddon Pier should make diplomacy a bit easier and information gathering a lot easier.

I like these visits, but I might want to swap out the court mage for the pirate/privateer after all. Syzzik said he could make us filthy rich and win us the kingdom, then suggested we buy Lagoona ships and end the copper wars. If the thieves do their job we'll also have Chasity in our grasp shortly (I have no idea what time table they're actually operating on) which should break the main reason the Marlowes have to serve Rubricon anyway. That said, we might not have time to wait for that.

Come to think of it, let's just invite Syzzik through the gate. He wanted to come for a night, and no doubt has ridiculously well-connected, ridiculously ambitious schemes afoot. It'd be good to get the full story from him, and he could handle a lot of the details for us.

Other possibility: We might be able to track down and speak to Tetha directly. That might make a better option than speaking to a Marlowe's court mage, though it's true that the Marlowe thing is deeply time-sensitive while the Tetha thing is pretty long-term.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 21, 2016, 07:21:18 am »

Note that the bigger issue isn't whether Chasity loves Greent, but whether Greent loves Chasity. I like the plan and Chasity would no doubt fit in well with goblins, but I'm thinking she's spoken for.

Let's get to the source:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From that I take that:
1) Greent is in love with her. We don't know Chastity. In the dump about the Marlowes it was revealed that we suspect that she is in a relationship with one of them, so I think that Chastity is using Greent.
2) Chastity was already thinking in kicking us out of the Duchy once Sylvester finished modernizing it. This means that we should not trust her, unless we make sure that we are on the same boat, and I'm not sure if even then we will be able to trust her. We were on the same freaking family! How come that she was thinking about deposing us when she was likely to inherit the Duchy anyway?

The goblin option is becoming more and more likely.

Yeah, we might need to get more intel on exactly who's involved and what they've sworn to do. It does sound like everyone's kind of locked into stabbing each other, though. Let's ask him if we have time.

+1

In unrelated matters, we should try to build Syzzik a new theater. It can be divided into two parts, so the front/lower section can cater to the common rabble, while the upper/rear section hosts those of fine taste and wealthy orcs hoping to flaunt their wealth some more. With Wikes discredited and a section specifically for mercs to enjoy, it should be much less flammable than Syzzik's first attempt.

I support this, but only once we have lowered the prices.

Still unrelated but cute: We should ask the orc if there's anything else he can tell us about Syzzik's culture, like if giving Mable a nickname would subtly imply we'd take responsibility for her if she needed it. We should also probably get her some sunscreen or a hex or something for that bad sunburn.

Why not? +1

Tooshel and Viishel

Yeah, but what strong hex?

Yukprong's hex, which the expert goblin hexer gave us by drawing blood with one of her claws. Turns out that it was done out of habit, but still, it creates a foul aura, and we can simply cast a weaker version of it over us, and unweave the stronger one.

The public death thing is starting to sound really, really convenient, but I imagine several decades as a manifestation would be more enjoyable (and palatable to others) than several decades as a vampire. I think I'd rather look into manifestation options, as many problems as disposing of ourselves solves at once.

Considering what Dean looks like now, a manifestation is less palatable than a vampire. Also, if we live in Axebeach, like we intend to do, we can just drain a slave every a couple months. Changing bodies is far more palatable than growing scythes out of our back.

Also, vampires otherwise behave like normal people. Including in their sex life, where they just have to hex their victims partners to not become vampires themselves.

Besides, it's the only way to give Dean the Bonedust name. We have to die before our uncle. Becoming a manifestation actually makes this more difficult.

Adopting Greent
I think the idea was for Joy to be both. That might result in Redding living in and managing the duchy while Joy lives in and manage the clan, but Joy's still the heir by blood and official ruler unless we make Redding her regent.

That said, I too am leaning towards accepting. We'd have a damned good chunk of the orcish clans/gods on our side if we did, and hopefully Greent would see it as too large and valuable a coalition to break up by working against us.

Agree with all of this. Joy would rule by name, but Redding would be the one using the power. So I don't see any problem with this.

Quick aside: We should send somebody, maybe even ourselves, to attend the Pharaoh's party in seven months.

Ourselves, of course!

I like these visits, but I might want to swap out the court mage for the pirate/privateer after all. Syzzik said he could make us filthy rich and win us the kingdom, then suggested we buy Lagoona ships and end the copper wars. If the thieves do their job we'll also have Chasity in our grasp shortly (I have no idea what time table they're actually operating on) which should break the main reason the Marlowes have to serve Rubricon anyway. That said, we might not have time to wait for that.

Two things:
1) The Kinkaids want Silver county, and we currently have no means to stop them. Even if they pledge allegiance to us, the Marlowes will end up fighting the Kinkaids. That's why they should claudicate and be done with it.
2) If we buy the boats ourselves, this will happen: We order the boats>We pay something up front>They realize that we work in Axebeach (beacause every fucking body seems to know)>They keep our money and don't sell anything to their enemy.

Come to think of it, let's just invite Syzzik through the gate. He wanted to come for a night, and no doubt has ridiculously well-connected, ridiculously ambitious schemes afoot. It'd be good to get the full story from him, and he could handle a lot of the details for us.

As long as we don't reveal him as our lover. Yet.

Other possibility: We might be able to track down and speak to Tetha directly. That might make a better option than speaking to a Marlowe's court mage, though it's true that the Marlowe thing is deeply time-sensitive while the Tetha thing is pretty long-term.

We need to speak to Tetha to define our overall strategy, and that is more important than the court mage. Having Deznel switch sides basically means that we win the war. But, as I said, I'd rather have Trance get us an audience with her, because I doubt that we are in a position to go meet a deity as we do with other mortals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 21, 2016, 08:25:20 pm »

I'd think that if we want to do the bit where we die, we should actually fake it and become a manifestation instead.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31