Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146546 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #690 on: August 03, 2016, 01:05:36 am »

Try to move closer to the Sniper trooper, opening fire the entire time.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 03, 2016, 03:00:15 am »

>ACT
*FLIRT!!!
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 04, 2016, 01:44:18 am »

Bumping for those who haven't posted. Because I feel like it, here's one of the videos I watched while typing the last round up. Why? Because reasons.

EDIT: I don't know why, but I feel like PMing people, telling them to post, is a bad idea.  :-\ I don't know.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:40:36 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 04, 2016, 02:46:23 am »

"And it looks like Khepri is making an appearance. This should get interesting. I wonder if Vader can sense him through the Force. Hey, I just thought of something. If Vader dies here, who's going to kill the Emperor? Can I do it?"

Make commentary.

Porkins: Try to use the Force to find a lightsaber or the locations of the other members of Vader's Fist.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 04, 2016, 10:29:33 am »

Continue beating up stormtroopers.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 04, 2016, 12:35:25 pm »

PMing people doesn't seem a bad idea in my personal gming experience, as small as it is. It may feel like you're nagging people unnecessarily, but sometimes people do actually forget. Also I concur that the whole "learning experience" thing these games have is one of the aspects I like as well. Even before these games started I often found myself spamming Wikipedia's random button.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 04, 2016, 02:01:52 pm »

Elephant Parade PM'd me, and said that he didn't feel like playing someone else's character. So, Ragenaut's without a character...you know what that means?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 04, 2016, 02:41:18 pm »

Kablooie?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 04, 2016, 02:46:18 pm »

Kablooie?

Might not be an explosion, but the end result of kablooie...the, you know, death result? Yeah, unless Ragenaut shows up like the important piece of evidence in a Phoenix Wright game.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 04, 2016, 02:47:10 pm »

I just hope he goes out in a useful fashion.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 04, 2016, 03:02:51 pm »

I just hope he goes out in a useful fashion.

Like NRDL last Chapter? I don't script these things out before hand, so we'll see.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 04, 2016, 04:44:57 pm »

Attack the sniper give it everything I got maximum Power shot!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 05, 2016, 07:15:50 am »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round 4: The Powerful and Awe-Inspiring Wiki-Warriors
Echo Base, Hoth VI, Hoth System
Noon, Cloudy, 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

Boss Theme!
Theme of Powerful Transformations!

..."Ah. I see I came back. Well then.", the Beetle God of the Sun himself, BiggerKhepri says to himself, pleased that being a God allows use of his vocal cords. BiggerKhepri looks up with his..."head" to see the 501st Marksman staring at DigitalDemon, fixated on whatever he's saying. At this, Khepri subtly motions to Demon to move, only to realize that Demon isn't looking at the Wiki-Warriors at all. BiggerFish sighs, before charging his Fire Magic up, for the first time in a long time. [4+2 v 4-2 (Distracted, No Armor Bonus due to Magic Based Explosion)] BiggerKhepri's antennae rub together, Fire Magic channeling slowly. With a fire in his veins, BiggerKhepri lines his shot up, and primes his Fireball to blow this mother up! BiggerKhepri lets his Fire Magic loose into a Fireball, which burns with a brilliant yellow glow. It flies through the air, the snow around it glowing the same beautiful yellow as the magic sphere itself flies towards the 501st Marksman. It connects with a thunderous sound, DigitalDemon remains unharmed as he sees the 501st Marksman's Armor fly apart in a fiery explosion. The armor on his arm shatters, and the armor everywhere else cracks and warps into a blackened shape. His Cycler Rifle flies away, before clumsily landing on the snow. The Marksman lands on the floor, with his arm on fire and bleeding due to the shrapnel. BiggerKhepri keeps a steady hold on his current form, as he then flies up to provide overwatch. He sees the 4 Snowtroopers, plus the fifth, crawling one, running off to the distance. Apparently, their Forward Operating Base is quite far.

PirateJoe witnesses the 501st Marksman gets burned and blown away, his armor becoming shrapnel as it collides with the snow. PirateJoe stares at this scene for a while, his mind still on that vision. He looks down at his hand again, swearing that in the back of his mind, he sees dust covering his body. Shoving that back to his mere thoughts, PirateJoe prepares to charge for the now burning member of the 501st. He activates his power, and his right arm begins glowing, with an almost ethereal, larger arm surrounding it. He lets out a Primal Yell, ((0:07)) before charging right at the Marksman! [8 v 2-2(On Fire, Injuries)] The Marksman climbs to his knees, only to see a mixed Ukrainian/Brazilian with the super powers of a Special Infected coming right towards him. PirateJoe connects with the Marksman quite hard, instantly breaking his ribs. PirateJoe charges off the hill, bowling over the Snowtroopers, whose blasters fly away. The Snowtroopers run off and Joe stops himself. Joe then slams the Marksman into the ground, snapping his spine with an audible crack. The Marksman begins begging, crying out that he can't feel his legs. Joe, without another thought, slams the Marksman back into the ground, another snapping sound playing as his spinal cord snaps apart. The Marksman dies instantly, going limp right in Joe's arm, the fire extinguished by the wind blowing through the charge. When Joe realizes the man in his hand is dead, he chucks the corpse away, causing it to tumble away into the snow. Joe looks up to BiggerKhepri, before flashing a thumbs up at him...before getting another vision of an armored man in front of him, his hand turning to dust. Joe snaps out of the vision, before listening back into the blaster fire caused by the rebels.
Boss Killed! PirateJoe gets:
http://killerinstinct.wikia.com/wiki/Gargos: +Ability: Portals of Gargos, +Ability: Demonic Summons, +Celldweller and Atlas Plug Guitar and Synth

Person looks out to the battle between the Rebels and the Imperials, before pulling his mic out. It's time to stop going by his nickname, and therefore, it's time to rock. Person rises up to a hill, as the gears turn in his brain. He looks out to the battles as he looks at his microphone. [2+2] The man formerly known as Person raises his mic up, and puts on a good performance! "Yo! I came to bust a cap, yet I'm here to bust rhymes! This confrontation's happened many a time! I spit bars like shotgun fire, and I make my foe's situation dire! Name's Sir Intrigue! Person is dead and buried! My old name is-", but before he can continue, his microphone cuts out, no audio being transmitted as he simply stares at it. He begins tapping at it before looking out at the fight. While his allies do seem to like the performance, they aren't as motivated as Sir Intrigue would have liked it. (+1 to all rolls for 2 turns) He then offers one of his shotguns to either DigitalDemon, UR, or LordPorkins, before making sure no Stormtroopers are aiming at him. It seems that some of them are, in fact, staring at him...with their guns.

NRDL's plan, up until recent events, was simple: rush the Marksman and shoot him in the face repeatedly until he stops living. Then said Marksman got a Fireball to the arm, then got his spine broken multiple times until he was practically decapitated from the inside. So, NRDL thinks about it, before deciding on something. He's gonna rush that position, before firing on the AT-AT Squads. NRDL runs up to DigitalDemon, who looks pretty much frozen with what looks like a shock on his face. NRDL calmly pats Demon on the head before dragging him to cover. He then fires on the Squad with one less Trooper then there should be. [8+2+1 v 1] With only the remaining bullets in his Mag, NRDL fires into the squad. All of the Snowtroopers he doesn't kill in one shot with strategic fire are quickly double tapped, put down anyway. NRDL is about to dive to cover to reload, before he looks back and realizes that he's killed all 19 of them. Looking out at the corpses, NRDL stares in complete and total shock before looking at his gun in a daze. He unloads the dry magazine and drops it. Then, he drops his gun. Then, he drops himself, because he just fainted at what just happened. I'm pretty sure he woke up just a few seconds later, so...

DigitalDemon had a similar plan: he was going to flirt with the Marksman until he stopped fighting, at which point everything would be in the air. But with a burst of fire, and what sounded like PirateJoe saying, "KARMAAAAAAA!", before slamming into said Marksman, DigitalDemon's face became stuck into a stunned smile. Even NRDL dragging him into cover before curbstomping an entire squad of Snowtroopers didn't stop that. DigitalDemon swore he could hear a voice in the back of his mind, which didn't sound like The Operator or anything else, more like a...small child. "So...No Mercy? Genocide Run? Wanna help me? Go ahead. Wanna keep with the friendship stuff, then I wish I could stop you, but I can't.", to which Demon is brought out of his funk before remembering the game his lookout's about...uh oh.

Despite her thinking that she could only use the Force with a weapon, Lady Porkins quickly realizes that if she's Force Sensitive, she should be able to passively sense Force Energy. She tries to tap into the Force, tries to feel it flowing through all the life on the Planet. She eventually feels that "spark", that feeling of life energy that the Force fundamentally is...and it's quite dangerous. She tries to brush that off, and also tries to use the Force to find a Lightsaber. [4+1] She finds two Lightsabers on the planet...connected to two Owners. Luke and Anakin. Luke and Vader. At that, Porkins uses that as a clue to try to find Vader's Fist members, or Vader's precise location, perhaps. [1+1] As she tries to focus, she suddenly feels an interference, as though an experienced Force User is clouding her mind and judgement. Porkins looks at Intrigue's offer, before looking out to the Squad priming to fire.

Hawk holds his wrench, still with a gleeful, yet painfilled expression. Describing it in one word would probably be something along the lines of "insane". Hawk looks to the Snowtroopers running away, before turning his attention to the first squad of Snowtroopers...who are dead. He then looks to the Second Squad, and gets a look at hate filled glee before charging!

[1+2+1 v 7+2] The First Five he attacks quickly back off, going closer and closer to Echo Base as they escape the crazy, Wrench wielding psycho.

[1+2+1 v 1]The Next Five have their guns knocked out before they're pushed away. They back off so as to not get close to the man.

[2+2+1 v 9+2] The Next Five just shoot him. No, really. [4 v 5+1] Hawk dodges, however, and just charges back anyway! [3+2+1 v 2] All Five are knocked to the floor, and run off to the rest of the re-grouping Troopers.

[10+2+1 v 1+2] The Final Five are attacked by Hawk, and Hawk makes quick work of them. Hawk knocks helmets off, smashes them in strategic locations, but no matter what, all 5 of them die there. Hawk's Wrench, now covered in blood, is therefore similar to the Wiki-Warrior himself.

ATH was also going to attack the Sniper in a similar manner, but...you know. Fire, Karma Charge, Decapitated. With this in mind, ATH turns to the 15 Snowtroopers, who are re-grouping. ATH tries to wire his Fusion Cannons to be more powerful, as he wanted before the Marksman was brutally killed. [7+2] He manages to funnel more power to the Cannons for one shot, making them very effective. ATH then speeds to the Snowtroopers, and fires! [7+2+2+1 v 10] 14 of them are critically wounded, blood pouring out of their wounds as they fall unconscious due to the shock. The last one looks to his quickly dying comrades and then turns to ATH.

((Auto'd)) Ragenaut, seeing fit to finish the job ATH just did, aims her laser gun at the last one. She lines it up...[9+1 v 8] and shoots him right in both legs! As the crippled Trooper collapses, he turns and hurriedly fires his blaster at her! [Instant Kill due to Inactivity] Ragenaut gets a blaster bolt directly through her chest, and she gets thrown back onto her back. She squirms for only a few moments, but then lays still, the light in her eyes leaving as she passes away...
Ragenaut has died.

((Auto'd)) UR runs over to the Rebels, and pulls out a canvas. While not drawing yet, he has...inspiration.
------------
Beirus watches through the Helicopter windows at BiggerKhepri's transformation, and turns back to his...friends? Frenemies? Even in hindsight, I don't know. He then says, "And it looks like Khepri is making an appearance. This should get interesting. I wonder if Vader can sense him through the Force. Hey, I just thought of something. If Vader dies here, who's going to kill the Emperor? Can I do it?", his commentary reaching their ears soon enough. Jess says, "I don't mind. If we get this sort of thing for the next battle, then we might just rig it...", only for Jaws to reply, "We can't. We agreed not to rig anything. Fair competition for the dead people.". Veronica says, "Aw, Logan. Jessie wants to have fun, so let him have fun.", only for Logan to stare at her, leading to the Operator and Jaws both saying, "...Jessie?. While Logan adopts a face of thinking, unsure of what to think about the developments, the Operator then says, "You humans are running this. Do what you want. Just don't be surprised if it helps me.". Beirus then says, "Oh, right. Kinda forgot you were here.", to which the Pilot's, and therefore the Operator's reaction being a glare where, if looks could kill, the Multiverse would have imploded....twice.
----------
The Rebels shoot at the last Snowtrooper. [6 v 7-2] Despite that Snowtrooper's predicament, they still only graze his arm.

The Snowtrooper tries his hardest to escape despite everything. [8] He manages to stand long enough to run, but the Rebels see him collapse behind the familiar hill.

Ara Taarjak walks back over to the Wiki Warriors, NRDL waking up right as she arrives, and begins speaking. "Well, soldiers. It seems you have a few options. You can either go into Echo Base, grab medical supplies and ammo, and inspect maps of the planet. Or, we can spare a few men, who'll follow you as you go into the wilderness, and hunt down those Elite Soldiers. Which will it be?", before she holds her blaster up. She then looks over to Ragenaut, and continues with, "I'm...sorry, about your friend. This whole war's been a struggle.". She then waits for the responses of the Wiki-Warriors...
--------------
BSN:An alternate for this Round could be "Wiki-Warriors OP, plz nerf". As we've learned, however, there is no nerf!

First boss down, first Wiki-Warrior down. This was one of those rounds, you know? Where, when you imagine it, and picture it in your head, it's cooler then most movies? This was it for me!

Other then that, I don't quite know what to put here. Still thinking of just putting the URL of each article except for naming them. I'll do that for this turn and see if it speeds this process up. Seems like it will. Maybe, when I can find a way to make it take less time while naming each and every one, I'll name them again. Oh, but you guys don't want to hear me being lazy and crap. See you before next Round!

----------
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:58:47 pm by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 05, 2016, 11:15:31 am »

Next!
Sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 05, 2016, 11:49:11 am »

It's nice to see this game progressing, I couldn't join this round due to time constraints, but maybe I'll come back in for round 3 or 4 in the future.

I have one criticism though Greatness, you did a huge mistake this round...

For TBF, you listed the Boston Celtics as a football team. Heresy! :P
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 106