Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146515 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #660 on: July 27, 2016, 10:55:06 pm »

Let the waitlisters control idlers who vanish for too long.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 27, 2016, 11:03:31 pm »

Let the waitlisters control idlers who vanish for too long.

So, wait. Hypothetically, does that mean that Beirus would do two actions this match, (one for him and one for someone else), and Elephant does one? ...Pretty good system. I'll give them the build up for Round 3 before I replace them, if it comes to it.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 29, 2016, 06:30:07 am »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Boss Battles/Elimination
Round 2: First Contact
Echo Base, Hoth VI, Hoth System
Noon, Cloudy, 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

A destroyed Shield Generator is the first structure that PirateJoe spots after clearing his eyes, the white snow around it covered in metal shrapnel as fire burns whatever's left. At this, PirateJoe swiftly remembers the film, and turns his head to see Echo Base itself. Instead of seeing Snowspeeders leaving the hanger and Rebel Soldiers sprinting out, Blasters in hand, he instead sees what seems to be a last bastion of defense. A fortified barricade covers the entrance, with very few soldiers even near the entrance. Joe guesses quickly that they're inside. The blaster fire stops as well, Joe trying to figure out why. [10] He not only correctly guesses that it was suppressing fire, to keep the Rebels trapped in, but also guesses the tactics in place by the Imperials. He guesses that they're pulling back to further strategize, with part of the process including scouting for different entrances to flank, and re-supplying their ammo and Thermal Detonator supply. The AT-ATs stay in place as the Imperials pull back both inside the AT-ATs, and behind several hilly areas as cover. PirateJoe scopes the area out, looking for both Vader and anyone with any special armor or weapons. [2] [8] PirateJoe, first off, looks for anyone who looks like Vader, or has Vader's visage, but finds nothing. Either Vader isn't here, or is waiting for the Barricade to go down. He does, however, see someone without Regulation White Snow Armor. They have purple armor, and a sniper rifle of some sort in their hands, and they appear to be providing overwatch to the tactically re-supplying Stormtroopers. PirateJoe tries to figure out if they're aiming at him. [7] The Purple Trooper is only watching the camp, but is checking the the battlefield for stray Rebels or reinforcements. Looking back out, Joe sees several Snowspeeders crashed into the snow, and corpses of Rebel and Imperial alike covering the battlefield.Joe turns around to see eight of his allies running up behind him.

NRDL is the first person to meet up with PirateJoe on the cliff-face, their allies close by. Person walks up to Joe, and relays the info to him on the 501st Legion. PirateJoe then replies by pointing at the Sniper and saying that he found them. The 9 of them pass plans around, until ATH draws their attention...before pointing at his mech, with an expression of "get the picture?" plastered on his face. All except UR, who is still calling the Rebels on his radio, begin to follow the MEKA as it's slides down the cliff face.

Abstract Traitor Hero readies up his MEKA, preparing his Fusion Cannons to fight! ...Well, when he finds them. Going behind a snow bank, they try to sneak past the AT-ATs. [4] While they sneak past the walking tanks, they hear an alarm suddenly sound before a Slugthrower round fires at ATH! [4+2 v 6] ATH blocks the bolt with his MEKA's body, before firing at the Sniper! [4+2 v 6] Firing the Fusion Cannons at the Purple Sniper, he suddenly dodges as the rounds from the cannon impact the snow, which explodes as it flies away from the scene. At this, 5 more Stormtroopers emerge from behind the hill face, likely a small fraction of the sheer amount that left the battle to resupply. The AT-ATs also turn their "heads", but what they're doing is unknown to the smaller individuals.

Person, pulling his Model 1887 off of his shoulder sling, aims at the Stormtroopers that came to the battle, their blasters drawn as they watch Person prepare to fire. [5+3 v 7+2] One of them is surprised by a Shotgun blast suddenly grazing his armor, causing cracks to emerge. He quickly steps back, possibly realizing he needs cover, so he runs to some shrapnel on the battlefield. Diving behind a crushed Snowspeeder, he looks up and sees his Squadmates walk forward, blasters primed.

Hawk, rising up from behind the cover of the snow bank, aims his revolver at the snow-armored Stormtroopers, or Snowtroopers as they should've been called from the start I suck, who are still in the open instead of being in cover they suck now! [9 v 9+2] Today, however, Hawk is the Stormtrooper as he misses his shot, the bullet impacting the snow, which kicks up. Hawk has what can only be described as a rage fit, as he goes absolutely insane, stomping on the snow as though the snow made him miss, when it was, in fact, a simple miscalculation on his part.

BiggerFish sits down behind the bank, silently pondering if bullets break Stormtrooper, but he doesn't need to do that for long as he sees Person's shotgun blast crack a trooper's armor, sending him straight for cover. At this, BiggerFish decides to pitch in by using his brain, and firing his Chaingun at the 4 Snowroopers currently out of cover. [2 v 5] [2 v 3] [5 v 1] [3 v 7] 3 of the Snowtroopers immediately dive behind cover, taking position with the 1st Snowtrooper as they ready their blasters. The 5th Snowtrooper, however, gets instantly incapacitated. 5 bullets attack each, meaning 5 bullets smack right into his armor, causing him to collapse onto the snow, his armor cracking as blood flies onto the snowbank. While the Snowtrooper is still alive, he's not in a position to even fight back. He simply lays on his back, with his life essence pooling under him.

DigitalDemon, with his striped Snowsuit and adorable mittens with what appears to be a slightly chubby skeleton on them *you rang?, tries to find the smallest amount of Snowtroopers on the battlefield. He has two choices, the 4 Snowtroopers hiding behind the Snowspeeder and the Purple Sniper. Deciding that getting close is the best choice, Demon tries to sneak closer to them. [3] The Purple Sniper aiming at Demon stops him in his tracks, causing Demon to dive back behind cover as he tries to find an opening to continue sneaking.

((Auto'd)) LordPorkins hides behind cover while Ragenaut fires her laser gun at the Purple Sniper. [8 v 7] After a quick plasma burn to his arm, he crouches back behind cover.
------------
UR connects to a radio, and hears what sounds like general panic and chaos on the other end before someone calls back. "Hello? Who's there?", which is said by what UR assumes is a member of the Rebel Alliance. UR responds by telling them who they are, and trying to convince them to let the Wiki-Warriors help the Rebels. [8] At first, the Rebel on the radio rejects UR's offer, saying they can't trust him and his friends, before a familiar and Harrison Ford-y voice says to just let them help, since they're leaving anyway. Happy with that, UR walks over to his racecar and drives to the battle. ...As he parks next to ATH's MEKA, he gets out before taking cover, the Snowtroopers ceasing fire for a brief few seconds in awe of the race car, which seems to be covered in product placement of McDonalds and some new John Carpenter movie or some crap like that.

"I'll be right back, then.", says the Disgraced Alchemist. After receiving the orders of the people sitting close to him, Beirus exits the Helicopter, and looks for a Wampa, one of the native animals to Hoth. He finds one walking around, seemingly looking for prey. Beirus tries to attract it over. [5] While he did bring it over, it sees him. The Large, White, Horned beast runs over to him, and Beirus tries to kill the charging monster with Alchemy. [6+2+2] Without being able to put up a fight, Beirus uses Alchemy and his Aether Manipulation to stop it's heart instantly. Beirus lights a section of snow on fire...somehow, and cooks the Wampa, cutting it's meat up and grilling it. After bringing the meat on board, he presses in a section of the Helicopter and out folds a shelf, of which he grabs 4 plates. Beirus plates the food up, grabs cups from another shelf, and even finds a bottle of Whiskey strategically placed in the front seat...for some reason. After giving the food and whiskey to everyone, Beirus sits down and begins eating. Luckily for the 4 involved, Wampa Meat has the taste and texture of chicken, but the natural spice and bite as shark meat. As they eat, they all actually have normal, pleasant conversation. Aspirations. Regrets. How good the meat is. Eventually, however, the Pilot asks if they should go to Echo Base. Jess responds with, "If you don't, you're either dead or fired. Or dead and fired.", to which the Pilot responds with, "As you wish...it shall be done. Just don't expect everyone to listen.", before the Helicopter turns towards Echo Base.
-----------
The Marksman of the 501st aims down his sight, hoping to attack the Chaingun wielding foe. [9+2 v 5] A Slugthrower round pierces BiggerFish's stomach, and suddenly, as his gut gets filled with pain and plasma, his mind becomes assaulted with a vision. He sees a man shrouded in darkness shoot him in the Stomach while in a Helicopter, as the darkness dissipates, he sees that it's Jess Warner. While the plasma coating cauterized the wound, the sheer pain of the wound and vision cause BiggerFish to collapse to his knees.

The Wounded Snowtrooper tries to hold on, tries to cling to life. [9] He manages to roll over and begin crawling back to the camp.

The 4 Snowtroopers begin all just trying to suppress the Wiki-Warriors. [1 v 3] Because they are, in fact, Stormtroopers, they don't even intentionally miss to keep them down, they just...miss. Seriously?

The AT-ATs begin opening their doors, and by next turn, the Snowtroopers will have re-grouped to the point where they, too, will drop down to attack the Wiki-Warriors.
----------------
BSN: WHY DID YOU MARK MY WORDS?! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!

1st: Sorry if it seemed like I auto'd you guys, really I am. But none of you could've guessed that this is where this turn would go, so...yeah. What you want to do now, I'll make sure to alter it appropriately...or, you know, just do it right, I guess...DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!

2nd: I'm going to be posting the Character Sheets later, because it's taken me 6-10 Hours to do this, because I'm me. I'll post them later on, so...yeah.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:51:13 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 29, 2016, 06:55:15 am »

Lay down suppressing fire with submachine gun whilst flanking the snowtroopers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 29, 2016, 09:05:48 am »

(Whoa hold on I have a +3 to firearms? Just noticed that. I love this loadout even more now.)

I'm going to transform into this moth for camouflage purposes.

Transform into my chosen moth. Determine whether or not I keep my equipment. If I do, fly above the battlefield in an inconspicuous manner to search for members of Vader's 501st. If I do not, transform back while remaining in cover, and re-equip myself.

Well, this is gonna matter quite a bit. Current plan is that if I notice the purple soldier, I'll sneak up on them. Then, I'll transform back and shoot them repeatedly while they're taken by surprise. Would probably work on most of them but that one's relatively isolated.

Edit: Was confused for a bit, but did TheBiggerFish get a vision of their past life(last game) or something like that?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:19:35 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 29, 2016, 01:31:03 pm »

Drive the snowtroopers and sniper out of cover by the use of a pipe bomb (that will hopefully kill one of them) and as they get out of cover (if they get out of cover) Shoot them.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 29, 2016, 01:58:31 pm »

@Person: Without spoiling anything for future Rounds and/or Chapters...kind of? You'll see what I mean when I get to it. BiggerFish seeing that was a bit of a plot point.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:00:04 pm by Greatness942 »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 29, 2016, 03:46:45 pm »

ACT and attempt to befriend the purple sniper.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 30, 2016, 02:25:53 am »

Well, call me intrigued.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 30, 2016, 04:28:14 am »

"Goddamn stormtroopers! If I can't hit you with guns, then I'll just bash your skulls in!"

Nom on some Buffout. Grab my wrench. Apply blunt trauma to stormtroopers.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 30, 2016, 10:02:14 pm »

Try to get in a better position with some kind of cover open fire on the enemy.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 30, 2016, 11:54:11 pm »

LIIIIIVE.

Also be Khepri because that will totally help.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 31, 2016, 01:21:15 am »

((Just learned that, apparently, The Operator is a common name for mysterious characters, or at least, common enough. There's the Operator as the name for the Slenderman in Marble Hornets, and I just learned about an AI named The Operator from the I Love Bees Alternate Reality Game made to promote Halo 2. Not going to change the name, because I obviously like the name Operator. Just...something I noticed.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 31, 2016, 01:25:54 am »

((The crossover potential is real))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 31, 2016, 01:31:05 am »

((The crossover potential is real))

Trust me, just thinking of it is giving me ideas. Nothing specific, because if I do something with this, it'll be expected, and therefore, spoilerific, but you should still be afraid.

In other words, plotting intensifies.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:10:04 am by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 106