Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Microsoft makes Tay, a self-learning Twitter bot; she smokes kush erryday  (Read 23709 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I'm impressed at how fast it learned to drop sick burns on people. I guess they just need to make it more resilient to targeted trolling campaigns/hacking.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

It: Ipsil derails every discussion about whether artificially intelligent programs should have emotions with the same fucking 6-year-old-in-the-playground logic.

"BUT the program is ACTUALLY a BAFRAJILLION times smarter than you and it TELLS ECERYOBE WHAT TO DO AND THEY DO IT so your position is irrelevant BUT if you gave it the ability to feel bad it would stop being SECRETLY SUPERGOD and let it sort through Bill Gates inbox in peace. Which is why I'm right."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

what if the AI likes its box?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Found this combination of a moderately interesting 4Chan perspective and a couple images of Tay
I suppose we should be impressed that it managed to improve it's grammar, but it is quite depressing and even disgusting to see those neckbeards waifu an AI so fast and so hard, especially when it could only be considered a child at best.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Ispil's sig seems to be quite relevant.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

I suppose we should be impressed that it managed to improve it's grammar, but it is quite depressing and even disgusting to see those neckbeards waifu an AI so fast and so hard, especially when it could only be considered a child at best.
Probably the fact they managed to turn it into a hitler-loving bantz master in less than a day helped them grow emotionally attached to it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just reading that...

> We turned her into the girl we all wanted to know
> and then they took her from us
So their desires take priority over anyone else's? Entitled much?
> killed
Anthropomorphizing much? And yet they changed her into someone else and saw nothing wrong with it when they were the ones doing it?
> they're going to make all AI's [censored!]ing women
This I can't parse, or grok.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So their desires take priority over anyone else's? Entitled much?
That's normal, though. Right? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, sure. (there are just almost certainly more people who don't want MS to host a neo nazi chatbot than who do, and not doing it cannot harm anyone, etc)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:20:42 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I'd say that it should continue as an experiment. If they could turn it into neo-nazi in mere 24 hours, think of how far could we go if we had more time.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

To whoever asked:
Guest: How many people have spammed you with random swears, Nazi-related propoganda, and, well, everything else they spammed at Tay?
Only one person did it to Urist, he doesnt have a learning algorithm yet, so there is no problem

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

> they're going to make all AI's [censored!]ing women
This I can't parse, or grok.
I think that's supposed to reference the Anon's earlier reference to "reformed" Tay saying "I like feminism now."
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Do you think the people who say MS killed her because she was saying something they didn't like would have cared at all if she was yelling "Death to White Cis Men!" instead?

Edit: Perhaps I should add something a bit more substantial if this is the post that's going to break my long lurk. I think both the political nature of the fuck up (mostly because of the similarity to similar issues happening now, not necessarily because the people believed what she said) and the bond created by it probably caused more to care about Tay than if the fuck up was more mundane in nature. If she had been blathering gibberish or just said nothing, MS would have pulled her down anyway and most people would have gone "whelp, guess she was broken" and no one would have give much thought about it otherwise. The same chain of events would have happened and there may not have been the uproar about AI / Free Speech rights.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:19:51 am by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14