Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45103 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Enter the Quarterfinals.

Okay lets do something different this time, the first two people who are available and post get to do the first match.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I'm not available now, but I will be in about 6 hours, and throughout tomorrow.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm ready and rearing to go.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be able to get on in ~30 minutes, but I noticed something; I repaired all my tanks, but Hades is listed as damaged. Mistake?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well then O'Haley versus Sydney it'll be

and you ninjaed me uhm... let me look: uhmmm...damn it, ill correct it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, we're starting
Sigtext!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I'm working on updating my sheet properly for you now, Ghaz, then I'll be ready.

As an idea if we're short on pairings we could have a 'losers league' where the losing teams compete to be put back into the main running.

Also, Ghaz, T26 and variants? KV1 / KV2?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Game was put on hold a few hours ago because the GM had to go to sleep.

Current standings is the Ares was knocked out, the Hades can't move, and the leader of Poseidon is dead for my school.

Taricus' school has lost one of their Panzer IVs and the other's entire crew is wounded.

Other than that, in the 3-4 turns we did it's been a relatively bloodless match, in comparison to some of the others. The medical team hasn't even been needed.
Sigtext!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually it was only the turret on one of my Panzer IVs that was damaged (Without the gunner going with it too! :D)

Also the crusader's tracks have been damaged, and the Panzer III has had a track sacrificed to the track god. But yeah, it's been surprisingly bloodless so far, with only ONE fatality and little in the way of critical injuries.

That being said, it's 7 tanks against five in favour for sydney

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, I asked Ghaz. That panzer is out.
Sigtext!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll need to check with ghaz later then, since that doesn't really line up with the turn map.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Might want to take a screenshot, if it is still up.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll check.

Anyway, the dodging change do really make driving useful now. You really want a 5 or 6 driver now, those things can really make a difference.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ghaz will clear it up tomorrow, probably. From what I remember they said that "The turret blowing up tends to take the barrel with it" or something like that. Piratejoe can probably vouch for that statement, seeing as they were in the Tankery1 thing where I asked.

I think the thing where it becomes unable to turn the turret is only when the turret is damaged, not blown up.
Sigtext!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that 102s Turret is gone it exploded without actually injuring the Driver...so for all intents and purposes you can use it as a ram, since there is no ramming (yet)

as for match up when do you guys have time? im here all weekend propably

As for assault guns a statement for the future for you and for me, propably especially for you so you can hit me over the head with it ;P because ill propably forget it again:

If an assault gun gets a turret hit, its gun is destroyed period. BUT since 5-6 should mean some catastrophic damage, the shot will richochet off and hit another part of the tank.

Imagine it an extremely lucky hit in that very small space of the assault gun where the tank barrle is situated or an even luckier shot on the barrel itself, the shot will make the barrel unusable and then plink off and hit another part of hte tank.

In other news: Traditions. Traditions of historically and technically weaker tank nations (Hungary, Italy, Japan, the works) will get some stronger buffs for in match battles than those of tank strong nations (Germany, US, Soviets). Especially the US and the Soviets will have more supportive than performance enhancing buffs.
(Small Teaser: Soviets get to bring extra crew on foot)

In other other news: BT-42 for the win. if anyone can find me penetration stats for that cannon it has, i'd be grateful.
On a more mechanical note, In GuP the damn thng is a beast, but what ive seen from the wiki page its a piece of crap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT-42

however if we look at this:
http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/ARTILLERY5.htm
http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/ASSAULT_GUNS.htm#BT-42

and more amusingly at this:
https://youtu.be/-HhvJSsaVoo?t=30

that piece of crap suddenly becomes a high-speed death-machine with 115 mm armor penetration.
My idea so far was to give it the ability to cozy up and this one:

Christie-Suspension: Ignores track hits. If both tracks are damaged drives on on wheels at speed 7 (insead of 5) a further hit to the tracks instantly knocks the tank out

that should make the tank attractive enough to be actually used. I considered that maybe it gets a negative trait on penetration (namely a higher glancing rate) to balance it out.

THere are apparently two more finnish tank conversions but im not sure i should introduce them since they are IS and the StuG. However even if i introduce them an  all finnish team would be severly limited to mostly assault guns and the BT as the doom-glass-cannon. i personally like the idea but ill leave it up to you guys.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45