Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45064 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Did it? What were the starting positions?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Kyoko was on the left, JANA on the right. Kyoko was all together, while JANA was split between the upper and lower halves of the map. This slowed JANA down while they tried to regroup, and the fact they were so confined made their movement slow. On the other side, Kyoko was in the wide-open area, and had plenty of time to get into position.

While yes, there were tactical errors on Stirk's part, the match as a whole would have been very different on any of the previous maps.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Hey kot,i gave skirk a TPK and only lost one tank,where is my twenty dollars?
Uh, I? We made a bet?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Kyoko was on the left, JANA on the right. Kyoko was all together, while JANA was split between the upper and lower halves of the map. This slowed JANA down while they tried to regroup, and the fact they were so confined made their movement slow. On the other side, Kyoko was in the wide-open area, and had plenty of time to get into position.

While yes, there were tactical errors on Stirk's part, the match as a whole would have been very different on any of the previous maps.

Oh, yeah, agree then. There was no escaping chokepoints for JANA. I also think that without Shermans, Kyoko would have had a much harder day. It would have been interesting if we had proper LoS limitations (so two maps, one for each player, only showing what they can see). JANA could have done stuff like attemtping to get around Kyoko via that lower hedge or something.

Couple of thoughs: Why not a Rhino tank update that allow destroying hedges?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Oh, yeah, agree then. There was no escaping chokepoints for JANA. I also think that without Shermans, Kyoko would have had a much harder day. It would have been interesting if we had proper LoS limitations (so two maps, one for each player, only showing what they can see). JANA could have done stuff like attemtping to get around Kyoko via that lower hedge or something.

Couple of thoughs: Why not a Rhino tank update that allow destroying hedges?

Well Kyoko had a double stack on Q6 and Q5, they still would have been able to see/shoot me if I went through the lower hedge by Q8/9/10. I do think artillery would have helped, but again I never expected to have a map like this and it kinda blind-sided me  :-\. He did mention fire-tanks being able to get past them, I would imagine modified Shermans/Rhinos would be able to do the same thing. Not that that helped here :-/.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

I think the main problem was that you attacked them piecemeal. Kyoko had a numerical advantage to begin with, pushing all your tanks in would have propably saved your day since instead of three to four shots hitting one tank at a time, maybe 1 to two shots would have gone against a single tank allowing you to just shoot them apart.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

I think the main problem was that you attacked them piecemeal. Kyoko had a numerical advantage to begin with, pushing all your tanks in would have propably saved your day since instead of three to four shots hitting one tank at a time, maybe 1 to two shots would have gone against a single tank allowing you to just shoot them apart.

Yeah, if I could do it again, I would have rushed Baker to take all the hits then moved the column to combat positions safely and taken out everything. Things really didn't go the way I had planned :0. Oh well, I'll be Champion next season anyway, this little setback just makes it a better underdog story :P.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

So, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a king of the hill thing for the last, three-way match. I've cobbled together a tentative ruleset.

1) Ideally the map would be hexagonal, with teams starting in three corners. The control zone is a 7 hexes circles in the center of the map.
2) At the end of a turn, the team with the most working tanks in the control zone is deemed in control of it.
3) If a team is in control of the control zone for three turns in a row, or if the other two teams concede, it wins the match.
4) For the purpose of point 2), a working tank is one that can either shoot or move.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Hey kot,i gave skirk a TPK and only lost one tank,where is my twenty dollars?
Uh, I? We made a bet?
Im joking about the bet thing.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:11:13 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Erm....poke?

Also what about the Turan 1 2 and 3?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

there won't be updates till the weekend propably.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Spoiler: TKS (click to show/hide)
Crew - 2
Speed - 46km/h
Manouverability - 64 (18hp/t+46km/h)
Front Plating - 10mm
Side Plating - 10mm
Back Plating - 10mm
Bottom Plating - 5mm
Top Plating - 6mm
Main Gun - wz. 38 model A (20 mm)
Piercing -40 mm / 200m, 25mm / 800m, 15mm / 1500m
Range -200 km (roads), 100 km (cross-country)
It should proably get a special ability to be hard to hit since it's so small. Or something.

Spoiler: 7TP (click to show/hide)
Crew - 3
Speed - 37km/h
Manouverability - 48 (11 hp/t+37km/h)
Front Plating - 17mm
Side Plating - 13mm
Back Plating - 13mm
Bottom Plating - 9,5mm
Top Plating - 10mm
Main Gun - Bofors wz. 37 (37 mm)
Piercing - 60mm / 300m, 48mm / 500m, 30mm / 1000m, 23mm / 1500m, 20mm / 2000m
Range - 150 km

Spoiler: 9TP (click to show/hide)
Crew - 3
Speed - 26 km/h
Manouverability - 35 (8,967 (~9) hp/t+26km/h)
Front Plating - 40mm
Side Plating - 25mm
Back Plating - 13mm
Bottom Plating - 9,5mm
Top Plating - 13mm
Main Gun - Bofors wz. 37 (37 mm)
Range - ? ? ? (proably similar to 7TP)

Spoiler: 10TP (click to show/hide)
Crew - 4
Speed - 75km/h
Manouverability - 93 (18,75hp/t+75km/h)
Front Plating - 20mm
Side Plating - 20mm
Back Plating - 20mm
Bottom Plating - 8mm
Top Plating - 8mm
Main Gun - Bofors wz. 36 (37 mm)
Range - 210 km (roads), 130 km (cross-country)
Few prototypes built.

Spoiler: 14TP (click to show/hide)
Crew - 4
Speed - 50km/h
Manouverability - 71 (21,4 KM/t+50km/h)
Front Plating - 50mm
Side Plating - 35mm
Back Plating - 35mm
Bottom Plating - 8mm
Top Plating - 8mm
Main Gun - Bofors wz. 36 (37 mm) or 47mm cannon I can't really get any info about.
Range - ? ? ?
One prototype built.

Spoiler: 20/25TP KSUS (click to show/hide)
Crew - 6
Speed - 45 km/h
Manouverability - 72 (27 hp/t+45km/h)
Front Plating - 50mm
Side Plating - 35mm
Back Plating - 35mm
Bottom Plating - 8mm
Top Plating - 8mm
Main Gun - Canon de 75 mle 1897 (75 mm)
Piercing - 75mm / 500m (unsourced, from a slightly different French gun used on Soviet tank in German service using HEAT rounds... you get the idea)
Range - ? ? ?

Spoiler: 20/25TP PzInż (click to show/hide)
Crew - 4
Speed - 40 km/h
Manouverability - 61 (16 hp/t+45km/h)
Front Plating - 80mm
Side Plating - 60mm
Back Plating - 40mm (?)
Bottom Plating - 8mm (?)
Top Plating - 8mm (?)
Main Gun - wz. 22/24 Schneider. (75mm/L-50)
Piercing - ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Range - ? ? ?

I have even less info about BBTBr.Panc 20/25TP so I'm not going to do that, sadly. Both PzInż and KSUS also have contradicting values all over the place.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Those Polish tanks are a little wimpy :P. Even the heavy ones are outclassed by the medium Shermans, aside from the "spontaneous combustion" problem :P. The 20/25TP Pz is the exception, but it never existed in the first place.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

They all are at best 1939. Sherman is 1942. IVH is like 1943.
20/25TP PzInż. is basically Polish T-34, and 10TP would have the most ridiculous manouverability, which is pretty much historical as the thing was built to be lighting fast.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

They all are at best 1939. Sherman is 1942. IVH is like 1943.
20/25TP PzInż. is basically Polish T-34, and 10TP would have the most ridiculous manouverability, which is pretty much historical as the thing was built to be lighting fast.

I know *why* they are wimpy, I was simply pointing that fact out :P. The 20/25 was a paper tank anyway with no prototype, I don't think we are allowed to field them anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45